April 27, 2024, 09:27:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #82  (Read 341275 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #740 on: December 29, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »

Ok, I could not wait any longer.  I called my doc in regards to swimming.  She laughed at me and told me to breath. 
She said that swimming is not a problem as long as the chemicals are balanced correctly in accordance to the Health Departments guidelines, and as long as I was not sniffin the chlorine jugs. 
She said that if chloriform fumes were within the pool area it would be in extremely small amounts probably undetectable and most definantly unharmfull.  I found that interesting and had to share and take note of that myself.
She did tell me to stay clear of our company parking lot as our fleet of trucks could have an overwhelming smell that would not be ideal for me.  So no sniffin the Chevy's! 

Thank you, Dolce...it was bothering me too. 

No problem.  Rather be safe than sorry!

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »

Off to the mall.. kids have giftcards and cash burning in their pockets!
Later, gator!! 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #742 on: December 29, 2008, 11:28:01 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys 
I had to read this one twice;

FURHMAN: "There are not a lot of people that die of natural causes that after death put themselves in garbage bags."
I didn't realize that there were any....? 

I guess LP will have to hand over the dumbest comment award...

I didn't think Jumpers was a bad movie..it won't win any Oscars, but it was an interesting concept and great intense action...It's definitely not a chick flick tho so I can understand the negative opinion..I also don't think Hayden C. is much of an actor but Samuel Jackson is always worth watching IMO

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: December 29, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »

How will Baez go about telling KC's story?  I agree, he CAN'T put her on the stand. 
I think he will either sit on his hands and let his liars for hire play catch with the prosecution...or he will have her plead guilty at the last minute.  He's got nothing to work with. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys 
I had to read this one twice;

FURHMAN: "There are not a lot of people that die of natural causes that after death put themselves in garbage bags."
I didn't realize that there were any....? 

I guess LP will have to hand over the dumbest comment award...

I didn't think Jumpers was a bad movie..it won't win any Oscars, but it was an interesting concept and great intense action...It's definitely not a chick flick tho so I can understand the negative opinion..I also don't think Hayden C. is much of an actor but Samuel Jackson is always worth watching IMO
Sam J was the whole reason we rented it....although still have not brought myself to get "Snakes on a Plane".  LOL  ok sorry for the O/T

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #745 on: December 29, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys....
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

TidBit about Chloroform:

I don't know the exact statistics on how long it takes to pass out from chloroform or how long it takes to recover, but here's some general guidelines. If you used enough chloroform (i.e. on a rag) and concentrated on inhaling it, you'd probably be pretty confused and then unconscious in a matter of minutes (modern inhalational anesthetics take less than a minute to act), so probably less than 15 minutes. Old anesthetics like chloroform aren't as "clean" acting, so they may take longer than modern ones. Also, you don't feel too great when you wake up -- more like nauseated, maybe vomiting, with a headache and cloudy mind. The chloroform will stay active as long as the person's breathing it. As for recovery time, you'd probably start coming out in 15 to 30 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

Other nasty side effects of chloroform (besides nausea, vomiting, irritation to skin and mucous membranes) include liver and kidney damage from metabolism of chloroform to other nasty substances. And if you breathe too much chloroform and not enough oxygen, or if your breathing slows down too much and you don't get rid of enough carbon dioxide or get enough oxygen, then you could very well die from it.

Good info!  Thanks Blaze!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: December 29, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »

Hi all Monkeys!   Just thinking ahead to the trial and what type of defense Baez & Company will put up....IMO they will be limited if they go for "family abused KC" scenario.  They would have to put KC on the stand or carry out a complete attack on her family (providing she really was abused) by directly questionning CA, GA & LA about actual events.  I'm guessing they could question some of her friends about family abuse, and I have no doubt that KC made up some whopper stories about her family, but how much weight would that carry?  She is a known liar;  the prosectution could have a field day on cross-examination.  In any event, I think the trial is going to be a nightmare for the Ants...I can't see how they aren't going to be slaughtered in court. 

Someone asked about Sean Daley not appearing on the witness list...IMO, he's pro-KC and the SA doesn't need him.  I'm sure he could provide info, but if he is un-cooperative, SA is better off leaving him out.  Perhaps they have others who can testify to the same things.

What do you all think?

You can take it to the bank...no matter how bad a lawyer Baez is, and no matter how lacking in skills, he will NEVER put Casey on the stand. NOBODY is that dumb.

I think you're right, JodyO, but how will he intoduce the ridiculous nanny story?  He can mention it in his opening statement, but that isn't evidence.  If he puts someone else on the stand to tell the story, they can't because anything Casey told them is hearsay and not admissable and she's the only one who supposedly knows the story first hand.  Maybe the police interrogation can be admitted, but I didn't hear that she was Mirandized before she gave the statements.  I'm sure there must be a way.  Maybe someone here knows.   

It is not hearsay if a person testifies what someone told them directly. It is only hearsay if one person testifies that another person told a third person something. Is that confusing? Okay... If person A says person B tells person A something.... that is not hearsay. But if person A says that person B told person C something, that is hearsay.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #747 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »

How will Baez go about telling KC's story?  I agree, he CAN'T put her on the stand. 
I think he will either sit on his hands and let his liars for hire play catch with the prosecution...or he will have her plead guilty at the last minute.  He's got nothing to work with. 
I agree, but yet he has told us many times "When the truth comes out we will all understand".  I can not see how I could possibly understand the death of Caylee, unless its a very elaborate illusion and she is still alive - I do not understand!

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: December 29, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28269667/

Michigan woman sends money to Casey.......doesn't know her, but owed a friend who lives in Orlando the money. The friend told her to send the money to Casey. She didn't know Casey was charged with murdering her daughter.

So Casey has ONE friend....lol

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

thank you all for replying to my earlier post, as stupid as it sounded, it worries me with this case.  Im off to bed, have a great day monkey mates

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #750 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

I nominate Cindy to die and put herself into a bag.  OooOops did I say that outloud..bad Dolce!!

I really hope you are joking! Please tell me you are joking...!!
I would not wish death on anyone, that is tempting fate. And you might not like the results.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
JodyO
Scared Monkey

« Reply #751 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

Hi all Monkeys!   Just thinking ahead to the trial and what type of defense Baez & Company will put up....IMO they will be limited if they go for "family abused KC" scenario.  They would have to put KC on the stand or carry out a complete attack on her family (providing she really was abused) by directly questionning CA, GA & LA about actual events.  I'm guessing they could question some of her friends about family abuse, and I have no doubt that KC made up some whopper stories about her family, but how much weight would that carry?  She is a known liar;  the prosectution could have a field day on cross-examination.  In any event, I think the trial is going to be a nightmare for the Ants...I can't see how they aren't going to be slaughtered in court. 

Someone asked about Sean Daley not appearing on the witness list...IMO, he's pro-KC and the SA doesn't need him.  I'm sure he could provide info, but if he is un-cooperative, SA is better off leaving him out.  Perhaps they have others who can testify to the same things.

What do you all think?

You can take it to the bank...no matter how bad a lawyer Baez is, and no matter how lacking in skills, he will NEVER put Casey on the stand. NOBODY is that dumb.

I think you're right, JodyO, but how will he intoduce the ridiculous nanny story?  He can mention it in his opening statement, but that isn't evidence.  If he puts someone else on the stand to tell the story, they can't because anything Casey told them is hearsay and not admissable and she's the only one who supposedly knows the story first hand.  Maybe the police interrogation can be admitted, but I didn't hear that she was Mirandized before she gave the statements.  I'm sure there must be a way.  Maybe someone here knows.   

He could start the defense with Cindy's taped call to 911 by calling the 911 operator, then call Cindy, and Lee, who talked with Casey once Cindy dragged her home. They can testify to what Casey told them which introduces the "kidnapping" story. In one of those calls, Cindy tells the 911 operator the babysitter kidnapped her granddaughter. I don't know about Casey being given her Miranda rights when first interviewed by the cops, or whether she signed a sworn affidavit. It was AFTER checking on the info Casey initially gave them that they discovered none of it was true which led to them taking her to Universal where they confronted her, I believe. I'm not sure that we have seen or heard her initial interview. I just don't know.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: December 29, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »

Ok, I could not wait any longer.  I called my doc in regards to swimming.  She laughed at me and told me to breath. 
She said that swimming is not a problem as long as the chemicals are balanced correctly in accordance to the Health Departments guidelines, and as long as I was not sniffin the chlorine jugs. 
She said that if chloriform fumes were within the pool area it would be in extremely small amounts probably undetectable and most definantly unharmfull.  I found that interesting and had to share and take note of that myself.
She did tell me to stay clear of our company parking lot as our fleet of trucks could have an overwhelming smell that would not be ideal for me.  So no sniffin the Chevy's! 

Helpful Hint for the Day: No sniffin Chevy's! Got it, will write it down for future reference. 

No diesel sniffing baboons allowed.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #753 on: December 29, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »

He could start the defense with Cindy's taped call to 911 by calling the 911 operator, then call Cindy, and Lee, who talked with Casey once Cindy dragged her home. They can testify to what Casey told them which introduces the "kidnapping" story. In one of those calls, Cindy tells the 911 operator the babysitter kidnapped her granddaughter. I don't know about Casey being given her Miranda rights when first interviewed by the cops, or whether she signed a sworn affidavit. It was AFTER checking on the info Casey initially gave them that they discovered none of it was true which led to them taking her to Universal where they confronted her, I believe. I'm not sure that we have seen or heard her initial interview. I just don't know.
Link to all of Casey's released docs.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: December 29, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »

Snipped

What do you all think?
I think Cindy, George and Lee are also pro KC and they are on the witness list.  Personally, I don't think the final witness list has been released, at least I hope not.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »

Supposedly last night on an Orlando news channel there was mention of a connection of a plant from the Anthony's yard, to the crime scene, a hibiscus plant. I saw this on another site, I have been looking all around to verify this, and I wondered if anyone local had seen this on the news. I remember there was much talk about a hibiscus plant in the Anthony's yard.

Hibiscus plant? not sure, but; medicine cabinet, bedding, toys, insectiside, piping and who knows what else.   Seems a wealth of evidence could be building connecting Casey to the crime against her daughter.  Listening to the jail tape I couldn't help but notice Casey's comment about the family getting Caylee back "the way she was."   Why would she say that?  Slip of the tongue?  How did she know the way she is? 

that always made me wonder too...

That phrase Casey uttered struck me too. I immediately thought of the tape of the conversation the police had with her, I think, at Universal Studios. They said somethig to her, trying to get her to tell the truth, to the effect of, "We need to go get her, and you know where she is, her condition is not getting any better over time........"

That's a paraphrase, and not at all a verbatum quote, but there was something to that effect said. I wondered if that stuck with Casey, particularly since she lived with the smell in the car so long. It's the only possible glimpse of anything from Casey that might lead one to think she was bothered at all.

NANCY GRACE
Casey Anthony Interrogation Tapes
Aired December 26, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

SGT. JOHN ALLEN, ORANGE COUNTY INVESTIGATOR: You do. And here`s the thing. We need to get past that because we can sit here and go back and forth all day long about, I don`t, I do, I don`t, I do. It`s pretty obvious that with everything that you`ve told us, nothing has been true. You know where she is.

Now, my question to you is, is this: we need to find Caylee. I understand that right now Caylee may not be in very good shape. You understand what I`m saying? She may not be the way we or the way your family last remembers her.

We need to find out from you where Caylee is. This -- this right now is just -- this has gone so far down hill and this has become such a mess. We need to end it. It`s very simple. We just need to end it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/26/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #756 on: December 29, 2008, 11:48:03 AM »

I nominate Cindy to die and put herself into a bag.  OooOops did I say that outloud..bad Dolce!!

I really hope you are joking! Please tell me you are joking...!!
I would not wish death on anyone, that is tempting fate. And you might not like the results.
I was not being serious, it was a mean comment.  Although I do HOPE that each of the Anthony's get in trouble for their roles in the cover up, I do not wish death upon them all. Cindy loves to raise her hand in court, thought she would volunteer to help her child...something Casey never would have done in a million years.
For Casey though, the rule of "An eye for an eye" needs to put into play.  If that means the death penalty or life in prison, I think that either would be an apropriate punishment. 

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #757 on: December 29, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »

Well, maybe just pretend to die and get in a garbage bag and have someone duct tape it up.

Nooooo Babybear! We love you! Make Cindy do it!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #758 on: December 29, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »

I can't see KC covering for anyone else. It makes no sense for her to cover for someone else and take the fall for it. I could see her implicating someone else if there were any kind of evidence making that possible, but I just can't believe someone else did this and she's covering for them. She can't implicate anyone else because there was no one else (I don't think), so she has to make up a story. I just can't believe she's still going to go with the nanny story, atleast that's what I last remember hearing. I wish she'd just tell what happened and spare everyone a trial, but I don't think she ever will. She's probably convinced herself she didn't do it. She's had so much time to think and add to this nanny story, who know's what she'd end up saying on the stand (if she ever gets there). Also, if these lawyers believe her nanny story, how come their "PI's" haven't found this nanny? Thought they were so close to finding Caylee, atleast 9 times?? They should be able to find this fictitious (sp) nanny by now!!!

KC has proved time and time again, it's all about her. If there was ANYBODY reasonable she could blame, you know she would. That's why she made up the nanny story, no one to refute it. I believe if they (JB and KC) are going to change their story, they are going to take the abuse role to the extreme and it's Cindy and George that are going to be feeling those wheels going over their chests. Honestly at this point what else can they use? They are going to bring up Cindy's mental and physical abuse and George/Lee sexual abuse. Don't blame poor KC, she is a victim of her environment! She was trying to save poor Caylee of the same fate as herself.

That PI story of them "watching" the kidnappers and moving 9 times is so ridiculus that I'm sure charges of obstruction will be brought against CA & GA for that story in itself. They were lying to LE and to the media in order to gain sympathy and additional monies. I would be very worried too if I were that PI firm!!! LE is going to take them ALL down. They can not, in any way, shape or form allow the public to see that this type of behavior is acceptable. Look, they already had a copy cat woman and the trial hasn't even begun yet. LE is going to bring the hammer down hard on all aspects of this case. No one is going to come out smelling like a rose if they lied to LE.

I agree Boo!  Seems the only thing Baez has left to stand on is to go the abuse angle and hope for sympathy from the jurors.  Watching all the A's lawyer up seperately appears like each of them are thinking the same thing.  I can even see each of them using the same angle in their own defense, if it comes to that, throwing one of the others under the bus.  Not exactly siding with Casey in that regard, as if to excuse her of the death of Caylee, but to cover their own asses if Baez comes after them with guns blazing.  We've seen C&G blaming everyone but Casey, cuz after all, accusing her is, to some extent, going to have others looking at them at some point.  Which is happening anyway, so that didn't work so well for them.  I think what we are seeing now, with them finally zipping their lips, is all the rest of the A's collectively having an 'oh shit! moment and regrouping.  For us it's like waiting for the shoe to fall, and like another monkey said, bet it's coming this week, they won't likely be able to be quiet for long.  Bet they'll come out with something, anything, as if to test that out before being hauled into jail, or court.  It just won't surprise me to hear George begin to publicly blame Cindy, and/or vice versa.  Why else would each of them get their own lawyers? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #759 on: December 29, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »

My guess for plea/defense will be something to this effect....

Law Encyclopedia: Diminished Capacity 
Home > Library > Law & Legal Issues > Law EncyclopediaThis entry contains information applicable to United States law only.

This doctrine recognizes that although, at the time the offense was committed, an accused was not suffering from a mental disease or defect sufficient to exonerate him or her from all criminal responsibility, the accused's mental capacity may have been diminished by intoxication, trauma, or mental disease so that he or she did not possess the specific mental state or intent essential to the particular offense charged.
http://www.answers.com/topic/diminished-responsibility

or

In criminal law, diminished responsibility (or diminished capacity) is a potential defense by excuse by which defendants argue that although they broke the law, they should not be held criminally liable for doing so, as their mental functions were "diminished" or impaired. The defense's acceptance in American jurisdictions vary considerably. The majority of states have adopted it by statute or case decision, and a minority even recognise broader defenses such as 'irresistible impulse.' Some American states restrict the defense to the charge of murder only where a successful defense will result in a manslaughter conviction instead of murder. Until recently, the Republic of Ireland did not accept the partial defense. The Irish Supreme Court had rejected the existence of the defense in The People (DPP) v Joseph O' Mahony [1984] ILRM 244. The case was recently abrogated, however, by enactment of the Criminal Law (Insanity) Act 2006, effective June 1, 2006. The act, in pertinent part, specifically adopted the partial defense for the charge of murder where a successful defense will result in a manslaughter conviction instead of murder.

In plain English it basically is > "Dodging The Insanity Defense"
http://www.diminishedcapacity.com/sec1.htm

mmmmmm........but Florida may not recognize this term.....need to read more. ??
Florida does not recognize a defendant’s diminished mental capacity, i.e., an abnormal mental condition other than legal insanity, as a defense to a specific intent
http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/caselaw/2007/04/13/benitez-v-state/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:55:19 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.