March 28, 2024, 06:23:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help My New Kitten is Sick  (Read 6039 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 28, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »

I am very sad I bought a kittem from the same breeder as Sheba.
I took him to the vet he has fleas, and eye infection and worms.
 This is a purebred Himalayan  smells so bad I have been so upset.
The vet said to keep him away from sheba and alone for a week in the downstairs bathroom, because of fleas and all will be OK in a week.
No aids, or feline Lucama strong heart.

He's on lots of Meds eye cream neoPoly dex ointment
Rovolution pill and capstar Nitenpyram.
I have to keep him all alone in a bathroom because of the fleas.
Also eye infections are very catchy and we don't want to get Sheba sick
I and my hubby visit him a lot she is so sweet.
Thought Please.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:32:25 AM »

This was the picture I was shown  on December 23

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »

I  hope and pray the little one will be ok.  The vet's words are encouraging.  However, a good breeder would have had these problems taken care of beforehand.  A good shelter would have treated these problems before putting a cat up for adoption.  SunFreak isn't an expert on cats, but she is a responsibe dog breeder.  I think there may be another monkey dog breeder but I don't want to name names when I'm not certain.    While the most important thing is getting the little furball healthy, you might want to talk to SunFreak about the irresponsible breeder.  You  may have a case against them.  I would at least contact them about the condition of the kitten at adoption.  You might also want to contact your local humane society to find out if there have been other problems with the breeder--for the sake of the animals that are under his/her care as well as any prospective owners. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:39:25 AM »

Small claims court to get the expenses taken care of by breeder.  Letter to your state's Attorney General and BBB to report the breeder's business.  Check with your vet to see if there are any state agencies that oversee breeders in your area, usually not unfortunately.  This might qualify as cruelty to animal, so a police report might be in order.

The good news no leukemia and vet thinks kitty will be 100%.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »

I know how stressed you must be over this, hope this makes you smile

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

Small claims court to get the expenses taken care of by breeder.  Letter to your state's Attorney General and BBB to report the breeder's business.  Check with your vet to see if there are any state agencies that oversee breeders in your area, usually not unfortunately.  This might qualify as cruelty to animal, so a police report might be in order.

The good news no leukemia and vet thinks kitty will be 100%.
Just before Christmas we went just to look at a pet store and OMG $800.00 got you a  a purebred Himalayan that WAS SO BAD we just left. I will be reporting them.
 As for this breeder Sheba was perfect  exept for  the pee smell. So I trusted her.
In the picture above no eye infection was visible, when I got him the Dr saw it not me..
 The breeder said she will pay for the vet bill.

No leukemia or Aids and strong heart.
So I will have to wait it out before bringing him to see Sheba
Oh  BTW  Sheba know;s he's here, and she is being fresh.
She must smell him on me even after I change cloths and wash up.

Also I'm very Germophobic

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:39:59 PM by Blonde » Logged

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »

Oh Im so sorry youre new baby is sick.   She is the cutest thing ever.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:32 PM »

Hi Blonde....I sure hope your kitty gets well soon.  I had a similar situation when I got my two Havana Browns...sounds like the breeder's conditions are less than sanitary.  Thankfully, he's clear of the really serious stuff.  My Oscar had an eye infection and the medication will clear it up quickly.  It's a good sign that the breeder will reimburse you for vet expense.  Please keep us posted with kitty's progress.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 08:32:53 AM »

Shadow is getting better, all he wants to do now is play .
I just called the vet he said I can, give him a bath, bring him up to a spare bedroom but still away from sheba because of the eye infection.
I'll tell you it brakes my heart to leave him in the  basement alone.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »

Blonde,I'm so happy the baby is feeling better.That is great news. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 11:17:27 AM »

Hi Blonde...that's great news.  I'm sure it's been heartbreaking for you to keep the little one in "isolation"...but it's just for a little while longer.  I'm so glad he's on the mend.  Please give him a little kiss between the ears for me.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »

The breeder called me last night she is ssssssssssssoooo sorry for the sick kitten.
I don't think she even saw them sick because they come and go so quick over there.
Here is Shadow today eating again.
He's eyes are blus but camera makes them look gold.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »

He looked so sad in the first 2 pics, but totally perky in the last!  So glad!  I got a kitten for my mom last xmas and he died from FIP after 3 months, just long enough for everyone to fall in love w/him, it was so sad!  So she went out and adopted 3 after waiting the FIP time period and intense cleaning!!! My new little man is 4 months he had worms also.  It was disgusting and the meds make them very sleepy for a few days, but don't worry he'll be up and running around tearing up the house and you will wish for your mellow kitten back very soon!  I had forgotten what terrors they are when babies.  Enjoy you will get many laughs soon.  And Merry Catmas!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »

The breeder called me last night she is ssssssssssssoooo sorry for the sick kitten.
I don't think she even saw them sick because they come and go so quick over there.
Here is Shadow today eating again.
He's eyes are blus but camera makes them look gold.

So is everything better except for the eyes? He does look perky now. Is Shadow eating and sleeping well?

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »

Blonde, although I have not posted, I have been reading this thread.

I am so sorry you have had to go through this. So sorry your kittys have had to go through this, too.

I am happy to hear he is doing better though! It's a good sign that he is eating! I do hope he gets all better real soon and can get to meet your other kitty and they can be a team!

Take care, Blonde. We have been waiting and worrying along with you!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »

Sheba is in heat and crying all night. Shadow is a baby and only wants to play.
Sheba is confused.The vet said I can't do anything to make her feel better.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »

Thank You all for your help Sheba is over her HEAT thank God.
 Shadow is all better too.
I do think she likes her new hubby and they way he eats he will be her size very soon.

GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »

Your kittys are beautiful Blonde! and I am SO glad Shadow is much better! I have a 13 year old black & white, she is the boss of the house of course. She's beautiful, and is definitely a cuddler!!

I wanted to post about something I experienced several years back with another cat I owned, and couldn't find the pet thread, so thought I would post it here, it's just an FYI but info that cat lovers definitely need to know about. We had a cat way back when that was definitely part of the family and much loved. He was a grey tabby and quite the character. One weekend over the Christmas holidays we noticed that he wasnt doing anything, just laying around. Not eating, not moving, and kind of whining. Nothing we did seemed to interest him. Luckily back then we had a traveling vet in our area, so I called him and he came to the house right away. He examined Sparky and said that he had some kind of bowel obstruction, felt a large bulge in Sparky's abdomen and said he would like to take him to the clinic for a more thorough exam, and of course we said ok. He called a couple of hours later and said he would have to put Sparky to sleep because he had something in his abdomen necrotizing so we went there to tell him goodbye and love on him a little. We asked the vet to do an autopsy so we could know what happened. He called the next day and told us that Sparky had somehow eaten some of the tinsel hanging from our Christmas tree and that it had bound up his intestines and was wrapped around and around in a couple of places. My purpose for this post is to let cat people know about the tinsel, it obviously is very dangerous around cats. I figure Sparky must have just been swatting at it but cant figure out how he actually swallowed tinsel, but obviously he did. I just wanted folks to be aware.
Again, your kittys are beautiful, and I am SO glad shadow is doing so much better!

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »

My daughter told me not to use tinsel, I don't because I hate cleaning it up,and keep plastic away from them also.
What a sad story I'm so sorry GabbyG.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »

Hi Blonde

I am so glad to hear your kitten is on the mend.  I love the Himalayan breed.  I had a flame point for 8 years.  They are a beautiful cat.  Mine loved to be brushed, He thought he was a king. Strictly indoors at my house,  too many wild animals in the woods at my house. 

Take care,

MsVada

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.