April 28, 2024, 12:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Found Shot-Oct. 2006 PORT ST. LUCIE FL (SOLVED/CONVICTIONS!!)  (Read 35844 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 07:28:20 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Carnut why so skeptical?
There are plenty of neighborhoods that won't allow people to put cars up on blocks in their driveway and work on them...

My brother is a mechanic and he gets side work all time for extra income and his boss his nice enough to let him bring the cars in and use his bay...

I believe him.

Jacquie -- here in South Florida we have neighborhoods as well as apartment complexes that don't even allow you to park a 'truck' on the premises.

I'm not talking about an 18 wheeler here Very Happy  These little trucks with flatbeds -- Nissan, Isizu, Toyota, etc.

Thank heavens they finally allowed SUV's.

So YES -- it is 'possible'.

Just a little bit of FACT from someone who actually lives here.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 07:44:04 AM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Carnut why so skeptical?
There are plenty of neighborhoods that won't allow people to put cars up on blocks in their driveway and work on them...

My brother is a mechanic and he gets side work all time for extra income and his boss his nice enough to let him bring the cars in and use his bay...

I believe him.

Jacquie -- here in South Florida we have neighborhoods as well as apartment complexes that don't even allow you to park a 'truck' on the premises.

I'm not talking about an 18 wheeler here Very Happy  These little trucks with flatbeds -- Nissan, Isizu, Toyota, etc.

Thank heavens they finally allowed SUV's.

So YES -- it is 'possible'.

Just a little bit of FACT from someone who actually lives here.

Thanks Sharon...

My, I believe him part was meant for my brother...LOL..
I can't imagine other then something drug related, why this whole family would have been slaughtered like this.

It will be very interetesting if they are able to find the brother...
If he is not already dead too...

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/ubufa

Report: Federal officials holding 4 in connection with turnpike murders of family

By Chrystian Tejedor
South Florida Sun-Sentinel and news partner News Channel 5
Posted October 27 2006, 5:15 AM EDT

Four people reportedly have been taken into custody in connection with the murders of a Greenacres family on Florida's Turnpike.

News partner NewsChannel 5 reported this morning that the four were taken into custody in West Palm Beach on federal charges that were somehow related to the murders.

Details about the four and their alleged connection to the murders were not available, but NewsChannel 5 reported that a multi-agency announcement was expected today to provide more details.

The four were reported to be three men and a woman. A fifth person reportedly was also being sought in the case. All of the suspects are said to be from South Florida.

Meanwhile, detectives are looking for a red Dodge conversion van they think may be connected to the murders.

The van is registered to Michael James Naujalis, 23, who lived in an apartment behind a home in the 1200 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth, records show.

Sheriff's detectives came looking for him there about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, said Naujalis' landlady, Mickie Maser.

"I can't ever imagine him being in trouble," she said. "He's always been fine. I never had trouble with him."

In a news release issued late Thursday, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office did not say how Naujalis and the van were connected to the brutal Oct. 13 slaying of the Escobedo family.

Early that morning, authorities found the bodies of Jose Luis Escobedo Jr., 28, his wife Yessica, 25, and their two children, Luis Damien, 4, and Luis Julian, 3, on the side of the highway.

Yessica died clutching her two children for protection.

Last week, the family's bodies were flown to Brownsville, Texas, for burial. All except Yessica were from Texas.

Anyone with information on the 1999 conversion van with Florida tag F43 8NZ is asked to call the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office at 772-462-3230.

Staff Researcher William Lucey contributed to this report.

Chrystian Tejedor can be reached at ctejedor@sun-sentinel.com or 561-243-6645.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 08:45:54 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/ubufa

Report: Federal officials holding 4 in connection with turnpike murders of family

By Chrystian Tejedor
South Florida Sun-Sentinel and news partner News Channel 5
Posted October 27 2006, 5:15 AM EDT

Four people reportedly have been taken into custody in connection with the murders of a Greenacres family on Florida's Turnpike.

News partner NewsChannel 5 reported this morning that the four were taken into custody in West Palm Beach on federal charges that were somehow related to the murders.

Details about the four and their alleged connection to the murders were not available, but NewsChannel 5 reported that a multi-agency announcement was expected today to provide more details.

The four were reported to be three men and a woman. A fifth person reportedly was also being sought in the case. All of the suspects are said to be from South Florida.

Meanwhile, detectives are looking for a red Dodge conversion van they think may be connected to the murders.

The van is registered to Michael James Naujalis, 23, who lived in an apartment behind a home in the 1200 block of South Federal Highway in Lake Worth, records show.

Sheriff's detectives came looking for him there about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, said Naujalis' landlady, Mickie Maser.

"I can't ever imagine him being in trouble," she said. "He's always been fine. I never had trouble with him."

In a news release issued late Thursday, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office did not say how Naujalis and the van were connected to the brutal Oct. 13 slaying of the Escobedo family.

Early that morning, authorities found the bodies of Jose Luis Escobedo Jr., 28, his wife Yessica, 25, and their two children, Luis Damien, 4, and Luis Julian, 3, on the side of the highway.

Yessica died clutching her two children for protection.

Last week, the family's bodies were flown to Brownsville, Texas, for burial. All except Yessica were from Texas.

Anyone with information on the 1999 conversion van with Florida tag F43 8NZ is asked to call the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office at 772-462-3230.

Staff Researcher William Lucey contributed to this report.

Chrystian Tejedor can be reached at ctejedor@sun-sentinel.com or 561-243-6645.

Thanks Sharon!!!!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:24 AM »

Press Conference to be held 11:00 AM this morning.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 11:41:05 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/102706/D8L120J82.shtml

4 held on drug charges are person's of interest in murder.

4 supspects have been named, 3 male, 1 female...

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »

He says four people, three men and one woman, are in custody on federal drug charges and are considered person's of interest in the family's murder.

He did not say which one killed the family but did say it appears the person responsible for the killings is in custody.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »

Those in custody are: Lianna Lopez, 18, of Greenacres, and West Palm Beach residents Daniel Troya, 23, Danny Varela, 26, and Ricardo Sanchez, 23. They had not been charged with the killings, Mascara said. All have prior arrests.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 12:30:30 PM »

(they have a license plate number to look for the red van)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15863897.htm

Suspect in Turnpike killings is in custody, sheriff says
BY PHIL LONG
plong@MiamiHerald.com

Federal authorities have four people in custody on drug charges in Palm Beach County who are also ''persons of interest'' in the slayings of a Greenacres family along Florida's Turnpike on Oct. 13, a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office spokesman said this morning.

Sheriff Ken Mascara said at least one of those in custody is believed to have shot the four to death, according to the Associated Press.

Mascara identified the drug suspects as Lianna Lopez, 18, of Greenacres, and West Palm Beach residents Daniel Troya, 23; Danny Varela, 26; and Ricardo Sanchez, 23. They had not been charged with the killings, he said.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Jeannette Moran said the four were charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and were scheduled to make their initial appearances in federal court today in Fort Pierce. She did not have details of the allegations against them.

Authorities are also looking for a red 1999 Dodge conversion van, with the license tag F438NZ, that may have been connected to the killings, according to a press release from the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office. The vehicle is registered to Michael James Naujalis, 24, of Lake Worth, the news release said.

Jose Luis Escobedo Jr., 28,; his wife, Yessica, 25; and their children, Luis Damian Escobedo, 3; and Luis Julian Escobedo, 4, were found shot to death just west of the southbound lanes of the Turnpike south for Fort Pierce.

Yessica Escobedo appeared to be clutching her two children underneath her, as if trying to protect them, Mascara said the day the bodies were discovered.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »

Jacquie -- if you follow the link I just pasted, they have posted pictures of the 4 currently held.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »

Jacquie -- if you follow the link I just pasted, they have posted pictures of the 4 currently held.

Thanks Sharon..

Going by looks alone, the first photo guy by the name of Troyo looks like the leader of this motley crew.  He is the one I bet who did the actual killings...

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2006/10/27/1027search.html

Escobedo home used as Drug Traffic HQ...

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

I am skeptical because I've been an auto mechanic and I've made extra cash on the side working on cars.

Kinda why I don't believe anyone can make enough to live 'well' on by renting a 'stall' in a local establishment and just working on cars.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »

Thanks Jacquie!

They found the red van

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15863897.htm

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 04:15:24 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
I am skeptical because I've been an auto mechanic and I've made extra cash on the side working on cars.

Kinda why I don't believe anyone can make enough to live 'well' on by renting a 'stall' in a local establishment and just working on cars.

Oh I understand your point, I just meant that some people do take side work but in addition to their normal job, like my brother does.

Something very fishy about this from the get go, but now it appears as if we will get some answers.

Those poor little baby boys.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »

Oh I understand your point, I just meant that some people do take side work but in addition to their normal job, like my brother does.

Something very fishy about this from the get go, but now it appears as if we will get some answers.

Yep, sometimes it's hard to pick the right parents.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2006, 04:57:33 AM »

Yep, sometimes it's hard to pick the right parents.

Those boys were no threat to these drug dealers.  
So innocent, it breaks my heart.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 07:14:11 AM »

Owner of red van is cleared

http://tinyurl.com/yehewz

Sheriff calls drug suspects 'people of interest' in death of parents, two young sons

By Jerome Burdi
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted October 28 2006

West Palm Beach · Jose Escobedo was caught up in a web of drugs, guns and money. He brought his wife and two young boys from Texas and got involved with drug dealers and traffickers. At least one of them shot all four Escobedos to death on a dark stretch of Florida's Turnpike.

Yessica Escobedo was found sheltering her sons in her arms.

The St. Lucie County sheriff and federal documents on Friday began painting a picture of the ruthless homicides and the people authorities think are responsible.

"These people all do know each other. We do not feel it was a revenge killing," St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara said. "We think it was either related to the theft of drugs or money or both."

At a news conference, Mascara named four "people of interest" in the Escobedo family homicide. They are in federal custody after the Drug Enforcement Administration on Wednesday night raided their rented West Palm Beach home, in the 6400 block of Garden Court in the Briar Bay development.

They are Ricardo Sanchez and Daniel Troya, both 23; Daniel Varela, 26; and Liana Lopez, 18, of Greenacres. They are being held without bond in the Palm Beach County Jail, facing federal charges of cocaine possession with intent to sell. No one has been charged in the Escobedo killings.

The four appeared in federal court in Fort Pierce on Friday and were assigned attorneys, said Alicia Valle, special counsel to the U.S. Attorney's Office. They are scheduled to return to court Friday.

Juan Gutierrez, 20, was arrested on the drug charges with the others Wednesday but is not connected to the killings, investigators said.

The search Wednesday turned up cocaine, crack and Ecstasy; 13 guns in the garage; and an assault rifle in the master bedroom, according to the U.S. Attorney Office's criminal complaint. The guns are being tested for a connection to the killings, St. Lucie Sheriff's Lt. Jerry Rothman said.

Authorities turned up a photo of Varela with Jose Escobedo.

During an Oct. 14 search of the Escobedo home in Greenacres, local authorities concluded that the home might have been used for drug trafficking, according to the complaint.

They found drug ledgers with names and initials, figures and notations to calculate debt and payment, the complaint reads. Some of the initials and nicknames match the drug suspects. Another list read "Money that needs to get paid," according to the complaint.

Escobedo had computer printouts of jail booking photographs of Sanchez and Lopez, who had been charged with probation violation and drug charges, respectively.

The DEA was brought into the homicide investigation within the first 36 hours, when authorities had an idea who killed Escobedo, 28; his wife, Yessica, 25; and sons Luis Damien, 4, and Luis Julian, 3. Their bodies were found Oct. 13 along a desolate stretch of the turnpike in Port St. Lucie.

The Escobedos moved from Brownsville, Texas, to Greenacres in June.

"We think the theft of drugs and money was an ongoing theft and it culminated on the shoulder of the Florida Turnpike," Mascara said Friday.

Detectives began looking at drug involvement when they traveled to Texas, confirming that Escobedo's brother, Jose Manuel Escobedo, was involved in heroin and cocaine trafficking. He is a fugitive from federal authorities and believed to be in Matamoros, Mexico, Mascara said.

The four well-known drug suspects have 27 felony arrests among them on drugs, robbery and battery charges, Mascara said. Troya has spent five years in prison between two convictions, including burglary, battery and grand theft, according to the state Department of Corrections.

"The entire community has been up in arms about this homicide," Mascara said. "We receive calls daily about people being fearful."

Neighbors said the four-bedroom, single-family house in the gated Briar Bay community was quiet, with comings and goings at night. Varela, Sanchez and Troya lived there and Lopez, Varela's girlfriend, visited often, according to the complaint.

St. Lucie County investigators Friday cleared the owner of a red van thought to have been used in the murders. Michael Naujalis, 23, of Lake Worth, sold the van to Varela in August but never removed his license plat, and Varela never completed the transfer of title.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 09:19:14 AM »

Thanks Sharon...

I hope the person who shot these kids fries.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 11:00:35 PM »

Drug ring tied to Escobedo family deathsBy Allyson Bird

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The father died because something went wrong in his drug operation. The wife and children died because they saw the killers' faces — and knew them well.

A law enforcement officer close to the Escobedo family murder investigation has shared details that paint a twisted picture of events leading to the four deaths.

The officer said Jose Luis Escobedo ran a local arm of his fugitive brother's drug ring based in Matamoros, Mexico. Investigators believe two men working for Escobedo pulled the triggers on the family and that a third likely knew what was coming, the officer said.

The bodies of the family — 28-year-old Jose Luis, 25-year-old Yessica, 4-year-old Luis Julian and 3-year-old Luis Damian — were found Oct. 13. They had been shot execution-style about 45 feet from the road on Florida's Turnpike in Port St. Lucie.

Three men and one woman arrested on federal drug charges and named in connection with the murders are scheduled to appear this morning in federal court in Fort Pierce for bond hearings.

A lawyer for 23-year-old Ricardo Sanchez Jr., asked for his client's hearing to be postponed until Monday.

Lawyers for 26-year-old Danny Varela and 18-year-old Liana Lopez filed notices of their right to remain silent. If state or federal investigators want to question them, they must contact their lawyers first.

The fourth man is 23-year-old Daniel Troya. The officer said Troya and Sanchez are believed to be the gunmen in the Escobedos' deaths, based on physical evidence such as turnpike toll cards and toll booth photographs.

Varela has an alibi, the officer said, but authorities are investigating whether he knew of the plan to kill the family. Varela had a contentious relationship with Jose Luis Escobedo, the officer said: Varela owed the drug ring money.

Juan Gutierrez, 20, of West Palm Beach also was arrested on the drug charges. He is not considered connected to the murders.

Last week, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said a red conversion van is related to the murders. Authorities believe Sanchez, Troya or both men were in the van, following the Escobedos' Jeep back from Florida's West Coast on the night of the murders, the officer said. One of the men might have been riding with the family.

The two cars were returning from a drug run, the officer said. But Jose Luis Escobedo's sister said the family had gone on a Disney trip at around the same time.

As the two cars entered Port St. Lucie on the turnpike just after 2 a.m., one of the men called the Escobedos and had them pull over for an unknown reason. There, the officer said, the men are believed to have shot the family.

Sanchez commandeered the Escobedos' Jeep, while Troya continued south in the van. Authorities have not recovered the guns used in the family's murders, the officer said.

Jose Luis Escobedo became involved with the drug ring through his brother, 28-year-old Jose Manuel Escobedo, the officer said. Jose Manuel Escobedo was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for conspiracy to distribute cocaine in 2003. Labeled an escapee by the federal Bureau of Prisons, he disappeared on his way to a work camp seven months ago.

Jose Manuel spoke with Jose Luis the day the family was killed, the officer said. That day was also Jose Manuel's birthday.

Investigators passed a message through Escobedo relatives that they wanted to speak with Jose Manuel Escobedo, the officer said. So far, he has refused to cooperate.

Jose Luis Escobedo noted Varela's debt to the drug ring in documents recovered at the Escobedo home in Greenacres, the officer said. Someone ransacked the house after the murders but before investigators searched it.

Escobedo had moved into the home Varela shared with Troya and Sanchez at 6458 Garden Court in West Palm Beach to get the money from Varela, the officer said. Escobedo and his family died shortly thereafter.

Lopez, the young woman arrested with the men, is believed to be a drug runner for the operation and did not have a direct hand in the murders, the officer said. She was arrested in May on cocaine trafficking charges and has been described in a criminal complaint as Varela's girlfriend.

Sponsored Links

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.