April 25, 2024, 06:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating - Baby Nursery (or how lie about a fake baby nursery)  (Read 15118 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »

Thank you guys!  We still have so much work to do on everything.  My poor hubs spent hours putting the crib together - and it came delivered almost completely assembled..LOL

We were going to just have 1 crib, as the one we purchased is quite large, but after discussing it with my mother we have decided to add a second one.  We plan to split them up into their own rooms around the age of 2.  It gives me time to design our 4th bedroom to PINK!!  Smile

I know..one step at a time!  LOL  We are very excited and have had a lot of fun coming up with ideas and themes.  Now if we could just decide and agree upon the names.  LOL

Dolce - as far as the names - may I just give one tip in the event it hasn't occurred to you ?   My parents gave me two names as per usual, but called me by my middle name from the time I was born, and it turned out to be a huge pain later in life .... not because of the name itself, but because everywhere you go such as school, doctor's office, getting your driver's license, etc etc, you always get called by your first name. 
I've spent lots of time over the years especially in school at the first of every year having to ask to be called by my middle name which I was used to.  So I swore when my children were born that their first names would be what they were called.  Not a huge tip, lol, but to me an important one, as I've seen others go through the same thing.

Do you all like traditional names (Christopher, Jacob, Samuel, Stephen) or modern ones (Caitlin, Carley, Brendan, Macy) or not so usual ones (Suri, Shiloh, Freedom, Harlow, Topper) ?

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

While we have not yet firmly decided on the names, these are our top 2.  We like them for many reasons, mostly due to the incorporation of family members...I explain below:

Alexia Rose (Rose is our Grandmothers name)
Dominic Riley (Ri Ley is a mix of both our fathers names)

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.