March 28, 2024, 07:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating - Baby Nursery (or how lie about a fake baby nursery)  (Read 15023 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« on: December 30, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »

Hey guys!  Klaas was so sweet to change the name of the Fashion forum to include Decorating!  (They go hand in hand...all design!!)

Anyhoo..these are the photo's of the twin's nursery so far.  We decided to nix the "jungle" theme and go with "Noah's Ark" as the animals went 2 by 2 and we are having a set of 2.  I have been bustin my bum drawing and paiting, and will be adding a cloud mural to the ceiling...just takes time!

So let me know what you think!! 

::HUGS::

We will be adding a pink banner to either the monkeys or giraff for our daughter.  We are not filling in the names yet as we are still uncertain... Smile

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:17:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »

I have to give credit to my husband as well though, he has helped me to paint quite a bit!  We were rushing to have some of the basics done for when Christmas visitors came.  He is not so good at the texturing, but he can do solids quite nice.  Smile

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »

WOW, both you and your husband are very talented, the room is beautiful, the babies will love their room.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »

Dolce -   That is fantastic!   I wish I had talent like that!    So cute!!       
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »

Glad the hippo doesn't have a thong on!

It is so very cute Dolce!! Those babies will be here before we know it!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »

I love it. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »

Thank you guys!  We still have so much work to do on everything.  My poor hubs spent hours putting the crib together - and it came delivered almost completely assembled..LOL

We were going to just have 1 crib, as the one we purchased is quite large, but after discussing it with my mother we have decided to add a second one.  We plan to split them up into their own rooms around the age of 2.  It gives me time to design our 4th bedroom to PINK!!  Smile

I know..one step at a time!  LOL  We are very excited and have had a lot of fun coming up with ideas and themes.  Now if we could just decide and agree upon the names.  LOL

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »

Adorable....my cousin's DIL also did their nursery in a jungle theme...Gabriel is 2 now and he really loves it...GREAT JOB!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 05:02:10 PM »

Just beautiful Dolce...the babies will have a wonderful space!  You and your husband are very talented....love the toucans above the door...little birdie feet on the molding..great detail!  Do I remember correctly that you're using black/white theme for textiles?
Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 05:52:17 AM »

WOW! That is very BEAUTIFUL! May I ask when you are due? And of coarse Congradulations!!!!!!! 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:43 AM »

Just beautiful Dolce...the babies will have a wonderful space!  You and your husband are very talented....love the toucans above the door...little birdie feet on the molding..great detail!  Do I remember correctly that you're using black/white theme for textiles?
Yes you would be right!  We are trying to keep it neutral....now I have already started planning out our daughters room, the 4th bedroom of our home we are going to transform into her bedroom when she is around 2, that is when we plan to split them room wise.  I am thinking of pink and green wide stripes with an accent wall of pink with other shades of pink polka dots...lots of "Oh La La's" and Eiffel towers!  (I know I am a little excentric here..LOL) 
Don't worry, my hubs has the boys room covered too.  He is thinkin FOOTBALL!  We are a HUGE Steeler home/family....oh and it shows in my hubs game room.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 08:31:28 AM »

WOW! That is very BEAUTIFUL! May I ask when you are due? And of coarse Congradulations!!!!!!! 
I am due late June...which is good because July is the hottest month of the year down here.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »

Yes you would be right!  We are trying to keep it neutral....now I have already started planning out our daughters room, the 4th bedroom of our home we are going to transform into her bedroom when she is around 2, that is when we plan to split them room wise.  I am thinking of pink and green wide stripes with an accent wall of pink with other shades of pink polka dots...lots of "Oh La La's" and Eiffel towers!  (I know I am a little excentric here..LOL)

Don't worry, my hubs has the boys room covered too.  He is thinkin FOOTBALL!  We are a HUGE Steeler home/family....oh and it shows in my hubs game room.

You know, there's no such thing as "too far in advance" when planning your "Oh La La's"!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:54:52 AM »

Hi Dolce,(hugs)
  I was just wondering about something...Are you going to include a rainbow in the room? The promise? Genesis 9:12-17

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Like I said,"just wondering"...

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »

Hi Dolce,(hugs)
  I was just wondering about something...Are you going to include a rainbow in the room? The promise? Genesis 9:12-17

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Yes we were thinking of including that in the ceiling mural as we are going to be painting in puffy clouds with the blue sky.  My hubs actually suggested that we include the rainbow, and him and I went back and forth about it as we have the setting as the animals are entering the arc, so technically it would be before the flood started.
We went back and forth about it for about 5 minutes before realizing how stupid we sounded, and just agreed that a rainbow would be cute to include in the ceiling mural.

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

Hi Dolce,(hugs)

Yes we were thinking of including that in the ceiling mural as we are going to be painting in puffy clouds with the blue sky.  My hubs actually suggested that we include the rainbow, and him and I went back and forth about it as we have the setting as the animals are entering the arc, so technically it would be before the flood started.
We went back and forth about it for about 5 minutes before realizing how stupid we sounded, and just agreed that a rainbow would be cute to include in the ceiling mural.

You always make me smile soooooooo big. I'm glad Dolce.When the kids ask you why the design,it's always good to know the answer..God did what He had to do.He promised never to wipe out mankind by flood again and the rainbow is His promise.Beautiful!!!!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »

BELLY SHOT!  (Literally)

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »

WoW Dolce,
  Two little babies in there.It's such a beautiful thing!!! It makes it even more exciting for us when you share...Smile Do you feel them moving about awhole lot?Thanks and Hugs..Smile

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »

I love the paintings on the wall Dolce!  One of our friends painted murals from the ocean in their new baby's ... but I like your animals better...so cute.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 01:27:24 AM »

Dolce,

Really, really love the paintings you've done in the nursery for the twins.

You and Hubs are very talented.  You guys have been busy and gotten a lot done!

Thanks for sharing!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.