March 28, 2024, 10:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Scrapbooking and Other Fun Graphic Stuff  (Read 4937 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« on: December 30, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »

Quality scrapbook kits now being given away.  A sample of just one:

Get them HERE
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:33:28 PM »

Sparkle Stars

Sample:

other colors in .zip, all are same style
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

While back someone was looking for an angry monkey.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »

Cool idea for a thread, Today!

Hopefully one day I will catch up and be able to contribute here and enjoy the posts as well!  LOL

I am so far behind on the Caylee Anthony thread, it isn't funny. And there hasn't even been much news there!

Anyway, I hope to be able to check this thread out and some time, contribute!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:30:49 PM »

Sparkle Stars

Sample:

(gulp), today? I hate to ask, but I just got my 'puter out from the shop, and so I'm being a little paranoid right now! Because I've been making avatars so long, I've collected a lot of pictures and end up at a lot of sites. Early on, I downloaded some snowflake files for photoshop, and it killed my computer. There was a virus attached that Norton didn't pick up, and didn't activate until I actually chose a particular brush. The second time I crashed a computer from a downloaded file, my IT guy read me the riot act, and since then, I just rarely do it. I've got Norton and AVG, and I've been so very appreciative of all the wonderful pics you've brought me. They are WONDERFUL, and you have a great eye for pieces that really help.

I guess I'm just asking, because I'm scared, if you have downloaded the files at the provided link and if you are sure it's a safe source? The curiosity is killing me, particularly the font files, but I've been nervous about opening the files. I'm technologically impaired when it comes to the guts of a computer, so if you could pat my hand and tell me "it's ok, it won't hurt" I'll forge ahead!   

I trust YOU, and if these were your files, I wouldn't even ask. Thanks for your understanding, today, and again, thanks so much for all the goodies!
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »

The 4 share account is mine.  4 share has a program that scans files for virus when downloading.  This being said any virus scan is only as good as how recent its information is (as in your case). 

The things I have put up I've downloaded from elsewhere and they didn't cause any bells to go off, however I don't have my virus program set to notify me unless it can't fix something.  I had not had a virus in 10 yrs until just recently, and I think it was actually adware (technically not a virus), but it took forever to get rid of, but it was doing no harm.  I use eTrust.

I don't know about Photoshop, I use PSP.  I have never heard of a virus in any brush, tube, shapes, or any other PSP specific file type. 

I am not 100% sure about this, but I don't think that there has ever been a virus associated with a font file.  Maybe Google could answer that.  What would we do without Google LOL.

Of course, any .zip file could contain a virus.  I would never clip of a file in a .zip whose extension I did not recognize. 

The sparkle is not problem, you can just colorize it, that was all that was in the .zip with more of the same in different colors.  There were a lot, so I didn't want to upload each separately.

In the future I will just post the graphic and if like the sparkles I'll also do a .zip for anyone interested.

On the fonts, each on can be uploaded to 4 share individually, so that they can be downloaded individually.  I zipped them for users convenience more than mine. 

I am lucky that I live with an in house computer expert.  He fixed my ad ware problem, which was totally my fault (I clicked on a .exe I had downloaded from a unknown site).  He wasn't happy, but hey one in ten years not bad in my opinion LOL.

I have heard of people getting viruses from just visiting sites (don't know if its true).  More than likely just adware, but it is a problem because it slows computer and can cause pop ups.  You know you can right click on any file you download and run a virus scan?  Again, only as good as the information you virus program contains.

As you surf the worldwide web, remember that a backup is your friend.  Well worth even buying an external drive, if you need to, to keep it on.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 07:29:39 AM »

Did you see this http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4310.0  -- Forum Features?
I had information on the signature rotation added and the site hiccupped and I lost it all, but will add again.  Lots of news lately about Caylee.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »

Barrel of Monkeys Font

http://www.4shared.com/file/78383500/ca4a9161/BarrelOfMonkeys.html

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »

Cinderella Typeface
http://www.4shared.com/file/78384977/8fa253d8/AL_Cinderella.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »

Today,

It's YOUR file!!! Well alright!!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

I'm at work, but I'm going to play tonight!!!!

And thank you so much for not being offended that I asked! I didn't know exactly how to express my reservations, and hoped you would know that I certainly wasn't suggesting that you would place anything here that would cause a problem, and I'm truly excited by what you've shared. As I said, you've got a GREAT eye for what works!

THANKS again!!!   
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

Today,

And thank you so much for not being offended that I asked! I didn't know exactly how to express my reservations, and hoped you would know that I certainly wasn't suggesting that you would place anything here that would cause a problem, and I'm truly excited by what you've shared. As I said, you've got a GREAT eye for what works!

THANKS again!!!   

Just so you understand only the one 4 share is mine.  The scrap kits are someone else's.    Smile  I do understand your concerns.

This is my 4 share and you should be able to see everything in it. 
http://www.4shared.com/dir/11342077/e293043a/sharing.html

Any other sites I might post are not mine.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »

http://www.4shared.com/file/78392099/e1431eb2/WMStPaddys.html

St. P type face
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »

Today,

THANKS again!!!   

CBB, should you run across any material you wish to download for AV's or other work and you are a bit leary of the site, let me know.  I can download and either send to you directly or put it into my photobucket account that you can access.  I have an entirely different OS setup and am not affected by viruses.  If one exists at all, they end up getting stripped off.

If the site is extremely bad,  I have a warning program that will go off to keep even my computer out.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 05:24:39 AM »

Sparkle Stars

Sample:

Thanks for this, Today!

I used it in rowan's avatars on this page: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg604685#msg604685

You are a talented graphics artist, when are you going to make avatars here? Wink

I appreciate all the resources you have given us!

Oh, I wanted you to know I got ULead's Gif Animator the other day. It saves animations so much better than Animation Shop. Animation Shop just tears the guts out when it optimizes!

Now I have to learn how to save/make the gifs transparent in ULead's product. It looks like I have it set to do that, but, it never saves it as transparent.

Anyway, wanted to thank you again!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 05:27:16 AM »

I grabbed this and installed it; it's good.

Have never used fonts with characters in them before. Very cool!

THANKS!

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »

Found some stuff to dress up existing avatars for Valentines, St. P and some Easter.  Found some interesting graphics that might make good avatars for the new monkeys.

If anyone takes a graphic for an avatar, to be used here, please let CBB know, post the graphic here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2619.msg611197#new so she knows its been taken for this forum.  If you are using else just go ahead and grab. If you want you avatar dressed up, you can take to CBB or Brandi, theads are here in The Monkey Lounge. 

If anyone is looking for something special, I cannot not begin to tell you how many hard drives, CDs and Favorites I have, tons of graphics and fonts.  Just give a shout.

Photobucket:  http://photobucket.com/SMAvatars
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.