March 18, 2024, 11:10:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256296 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1000 on: October 31, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »

I just knew GO, PDH, and Bean were due a win  Congrats to all !!!!

Nascar's team played earlier in the week, was so rainy the first half few offensive plays beyond our running game which was very successful. Only 10 passes all night and half were lame ducks. Glad they won, can't say it was a tough opponent though, but face a big opponent this week that is coming off a loss so should be an interesting game.

I'm still in significant pain, have new respect for pitchers who tear their rotator cuff now. I start physical therapy at 7am on Monday hoping mine won't require surgery. Been working all night and all weekend too, I have to find another job, just have to. I'm watching TN play SC right now, I do see that USC is trailing behind Oregon already - is this an omen?

Kiwi I bet next week will be better for your team, fingers and toes crossed that it is.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1001 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:33 AM »

Thanks None.  Yes we got a W but it wasn't pretty. We have a defense that is in top 10 all categories and an offense that is playing at a JV level.  We are playing a true freshman QB and our 6th string RB had to come in yesterday.  (they keep getting injured)  So we have no running game.  Our receivers have the dropsies. 

You guys watch the USC vs OR game?  Well the WR coach is former NU QB Scott Frost.  I am praying that we will lose our WR coach (he is a Callahan leftover) and bring Scott back home.  I loved the offense they are running.  I hate the West Coast Offense.  Takes kids 3 yrs to learn it so you can't start freshmen when you have injuries. 

I don't think I've ever seen USC get beaten so badly.  Kind of fun to watch that.

Wreck - what can I say?  Big 12 officials didn't help you much.  If you had played TX earlier in the year you would have had a better chance.  (Plus your star player!) TX is just playing on all cylinders right now.  They should be in the NC race.  They proved it the last 2 games.

PDH- WOW what a fantastic win for Auburn.  I didn't get it here so didn't get to see it. 

I am moving in early to the Kiwis for next week... we play Oklahoma. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1002 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50:44 AM »

Bean as you know if not for our RB's we would not have won this week, thank heavens we have them for we surely cannot throw a decent deep pass. I see Richt is considering benching QB Cox post the loss to FL. Sad for Cox but glad to see a coach willing to question his own decisions.......can't say I see that often.

have to wonder if Carroll is able to face that music, congrats to Oregon for pulling together in mid-season to have such a huge win.

wreck I agree, if only you'd faced TX earlier in the season, it might have turned out differently.

Congrats to Texasmom and her team !! I see she's a gracious monkey winner too. 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1003 on: November 01, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »

Maybe it's time to make predictions for who we'll see play in the NC this season?

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1004 on: November 03, 2009, 11:47:50 AM »

none:  glad you won on the 27th.  my plans to watch the game sort got sidetracked.   i just wasn't in any condition after the surgery at noon to watch that evening.

sorry to learn you have torn the rotator cuff also.  hopefully, PT will help a great deal.  i originally tore mine about 35 years ago when I rolled a motorcycle and separated the shoulder.  it took until now for it to open up bad enough for surgery.  Actually, it was not all that bad.  i took pain pills for 12 hours and then got off them immediately.  I was in bed because of some other complications for a week.  I have had my stitches removed from the 5 incisions and have to wear the sling for another 5 weeks.  I begin therapy tomorrow morning. 

thanks to all for the best wishes.  it helped as i can now get up and flap my left wing.  without the right i seem to be flying in circles so i still am pretty grounded.  no pain.  just can't move the right wing.

good luck to all as we head down the stretch toward bowl qualification.    Kiwi.... I'll see you on the 14th.  you be gentle with us now, ok?

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1005 on: November 03, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »

GO good to see you up and around! The Badgers should do fine this weekend with Indiana. Hopefully Mich will prevail with Purdue. I'm not sure that our center is back yet. The results with a back up center have been entertaining for fans of the opposing teams. Still I hope we make it a game for you on the 14th.
Hey I talked about Iowa way back in Sept, after the Penn St game. They should be considered for a NC bid. There doomed now that I brought them up here!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1006 on: November 03, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »

Sorry to be so late to the discussion! I've been on the DL list with nonesy. I've had the sinus infection from hell, and I just couldn't think well enough to post anything.

Seeing USC get their behinds handed to them by the Quack Attack was just about a miracle cure though. Sure did make me feel better!

AU played well again, and it was great to see Walter McFadden's interception played on all the highlight reels. What  fun game it was for us AU fans! Now we're bowl eligible....

nonesy....I'm hoping you are getting the rest you need to heal yourself. It sure doesn't sound like it though. Maybe surgery is the only way you can get some time off, and some rest.
I'm glad Nascar and his team won!

TX and FL are the best teams out there right now. Bama should be #3, but then, these are the same polls that had USC at #5 last week. They have no idea how tough it is in the SEC week after week.
I think the BCS game should be between TX and FL.

Bama plays LSU this week. LSU could be the spoiler. They are a really good, tough team. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Bama.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: November 04, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »

GO good to see you up and around! The Badgers should do fine this weekend with Indiana. Hopefully Mich will prevail with Purdue. I'm not sure that our center is back yet. The results with a back up center have been entertaining for fans of the opposing teams. Still I hope we make it a game for you on the 14th.
Hey I talked about Iowa way back in Sept, after the Penn St game. They should be considered for a NC bid. There doomed now that I brought them up here!

yes, Iowa has a much better team than I thought they would have.  Impressive so far.  I am still hearing rumblings about Cincy playing for the NC

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1008 on: November 04, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »

yes, Iowa has a much better team than I thought they would have.  Impressive so far.  I am still hearing rumblings about Cincy playing for the NC
Looking back Iowa started slow, some very close calls. Cincy is very entertaining but not that solid on defense.  I would say Iowa is winning by being very disciplined in all phases. I doubt they could stay with the top 3, Texas, Fla or Bama.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1009 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

Laughing at the Iowa talk... before season began I shared what Phil Steele said about Iowa being a top team... because the losses they had last year were almost all by 1 point and at the end of the games... close but no cigar.  We all chuckled... 

Well, they are a feisty bunch and they seem to play to the level of the teams they play (good and bad)... but always fight enough to get the W.  Could they play with the big guys?  I don't think so.  They have played some decent teams but Bama, FL and TX would eat em alive.  Same with some others in the top 10.

I agree that those are the top 3 teams.  The only team playing SOLID on both sides of the ball right now is TX.  Other teams I'd like to see paired up against the Big 3 are: Cincy, TCU, Boise and Oregon.  The first 3 out of curiousity the last because man they looked great against USC.

GO - hope your rehab is going well.  You should have an excuse to watch games all day this Saturday! ha.

Who is everyone playing this week?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1010 on: November 04, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »

Laughing at the Iowa talk... before season began I shared what Phil Steele said about Iowa being a top team... because the losses they had last year were almost all by 1 point and at the end of the games... close but no cigar.  We all chuckled... 

Well, they are a feisty bunch and they seem to play to the level of the teams they play (good and bad)... but always fight enough to get the W.  Could they play with the big guys?  I don't think so.  They have played some decent teams but Bama, FL and TX would eat em alive.  Same with some others in the top 10.

I agree that those are the top 3 teams.  The only team playing SOLID on both sides of the ball right now is TX.  Other teams I'd like to see paired up against the Big 3 are: Cincy, TCU, Boise and Oregon.  The first 3 out of curiousity the last because man they looked great against USC.

GO - hope your rehab is going well.  You should have an excuse to watch games all day this Saturday! ha.

Who is everyone playing this week?
Speaking of Iowa -- we have Iowa State in Ames! 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1011 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »

Wreck- someone had trouble with Iowa st. But I'm confident Okla St will continue on its winning ways. Didn't Barry Sanders play for you? The last good thing for the Lions.
Unfortunately, Iowa should finish 12-0.Just looking at their remaining games. They could get into the NC game if anyone washes out with a loss. Yikes

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1012 on: November 05, 2009, 12:09:33 AM »

Wreck- someone had trouble with Iowa st. But I'm confident Okla St will continue on its winning ways. Didn't Barry Sanders play for you? The last good thing for the Lions.
Unfortunately, Iowa should finish 12-0.Just looking at their remaining games. They could get into the NC game if anyone washes out with a loss. Yikes
Amazingly, we had Barry and Thurman Thomas (at the same time)!

Frijole's Huskers had a turnover-fest againt the Cyclones! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1013 on: November 05, 2009, 08:12:07 AM »

Amazingly, we had Barry and Thurman Thomas (at the same time)!

Frijole's Huskers had a turnover-fest againt the Cyclones! 
  I entered a special "program" just to get over this game.  And you guys just HAD to mention it.  You better hope the mojo doesn't hit.  LOL

I am sure you will be fine.  ISU still sucks - not as bad as last year though.  We just sucked worse that day.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1014 on: November 05, 2009, 07:43:19 PM »

Big game on guys.  Va Tech vs ECU.  Go Nascar!  Full speed ahead.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1015 on: November 06, 2009, 08:15:49 AM »

VA TECH got the W.  ECU needs a new QB.  Trust me I know about these things.  LOLOLOL    Defense kept them in the game.  Lots of injuries as well so that might have had something to do with it... not sure.

Wreck just read that Dez is going to go into the draft.  What year is he?  That hurts.  NCAA is a mess.  Wrecked his college career as far as I am concerned.  He deserved better than that.  Anything I am missing.. I only know what I read.  Shame.

We play OU this weekend.  Ugh.  Can't figure out why the line is at 4.5.  I would think we would be picked to lose by closer to 20.  I think they are betting on a defensive battle between McCoy and Suh.  They'll get that.  But you gotta have some offense and we are way too young against O's D.  Scares me.

Happy Friday all!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1016 on: November 06, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

Thanks Bean. didn't you get the memo it's not the QB but that we don't have playmakers? 

I need to cool off before I can post about. Our true backup QB is now gone due to injury as is one of our top defensive players.

One of those injuries may be career ending for Dakota Marshall, just a horrible injury similar to Prothro's years ago on offense.

Had we had an offense, we would have won even with the injuries. We didn't even run the ball effectively.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1017 on: November 06, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

VA TECH got the W.  ECU needs a new QB.  Trust me I know about these things.  LOLOLOL    Defense kept them in the game.  Lots of injuries as well so that might have had something to do with it... not sure.

Wreck just read that Dez is going to go into the draft.  What year is he?  That hurts.  NCAA is a mess.  Wrecked his college career as far as I am concerned.  He deserved better than that.  Anything I am missing.. I only know what I read.  Shame.

We play OU this weekend.  Ugh.  Can't figure out why the line is at 4.5.  I would think we would be picked to lose by closer to 20.  I think they are betting on a defensive battle between McCoy and Suh.  They'll get that.  But you gotta have some offense and we are way too young against O's D.  Scares me.

Happy Friday all!
Dez was a Jr. ...................................... too bad he didn't do something illegal and immoral and simply gouge a guys out or take a swing at fans and other players (He would only get 1/2 a game suspension.) 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1018 on: November 07, 2009, 09:17:14 AM »

I have to agree about the QB situation with East Carolina.  Games or parts of those I have watched has not left me with a good impression.  He doesn't look off well, probably because he has a preconceived notion of who he wants to throw to.  He vision or defense reading seems to be lacking.

Kiwi, it is always difficult comparing teams from the upper and midwest states to those further south.  I agree that there seems to be a great deal of talent in the SEC.  I know more about the Big Ten and the lower division schools up here.  They have a need to build their roster full or "mudders" as opposed to speed.  If you are going to win in late season up here you had better be able to "plow" down the field.  The only real passing offense in recent years that had success to some degree was Purdue with Drew Brees.  They did not win a championship, but did produce an exciting game.  I suspect that if a southern team had to play in the cold and snow of late Nov and bowl games were held outside in the Northern stadiums there would be a telling difference over time.

It is just how the evolution of football has progressed.  It is important to go to a bowl because of the money.  However, you don't get the chance if you can't compete in your own conference.

Wreck:  Yes, I am aware of Ames Iowa and Iowa State.  I had to drive my daughter down there to meet up with here basketball team one winter night.  She had permission to attend the funeral of her fiancee as long as I got her to the game on time.  Driving back from there in the middle of the night was strange.  I was the only one on the highway.  They had rolled up all the sidewalks and roads that Friday night.  I hardly saw another car until I got back into Wisconsin.

good luck to everyone this week.  I hope we don't fall apart today.  We have this strange knack of playing down to lessor teams abilities and up to higher teams.  Never  seem to know which team will take the field.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: November 07, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »

ITS GAME DAY.  GET ER DONE ALL.  BRING IN SOME WINS.

GO that is exactly what I saw from ECU's QB... he didn't go thru progressions to see who was open he just threw to whoever he wanted to, not who was open.  And he rushed things. 

Have fun all.  Believe it or not it is in the 70's here today!  Very strange for us this time of year. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.