March 19, 2024, 02:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256321 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1040 on: November 13, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »

oh and one more thing  Monkey Devil!

on pro day this spring none of the other players at son's position participated, one was hurt, another was suspended for drug violations.........so son was the only one who did the work-out's. He's 6'4"/220 lbs. and ran a low 4.5/40 and is the only player in his position on our team who has an official time in the last 2 years. The ones who do have times never ran one as fast as son's, with the exception of one 5'10" one who does run in the high 4.4's but that wasn't a recorded time at pro day but his Nike camp time. Fans post all the time how son's not that fast, well they can kiss my patootie.

It just goes to show you can even prove it and still not get your deserved props 
4.5 sounds like he can keep his NASCAR name. Hey these fans think he's fast enough, just got to throw to him. Side note were all SM gang members. ::MonkeyGavel::just not that dangerous!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: November 13, 2009, 06:27:26 PM »

AU plays GA.... a team that is playing a very spotty season....kinda like us!
 I hope we have a good day on the field tomorrow, and go home with another win.

WDE!!!!

Good Luck to everyone's team !!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: November 13, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »

PDH... yeah... should be a good game.  Good luck!!!

Speaking of teams that are up and down    We play Kansas! 

Who else is up?  Check in one and all!  We need to know who to root for! ha. 

Wreck checked in already - he's got TX Tech Pirates.  LOL
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1043 on: November 14, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »

kiwi thank you, I am most grateful for son's monkey fans, perhaps more than you realize 

I emailed pdh last night that my nephew and brother will be at her Tigers game rooting them on, brother's best friend's father was a former coach there so they meet up for this game every year. Go Tigers!!

bean, you can beat Kansas, we'll be pullin for ya 

Good luck to wreck ! Kiwi looks like you are playing GO's team today?

I continue to stand with the girl.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: November 14, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »

We're playing up in Chapel Hill this afternoon. 

Good luck to everyone's team.

Most of all -- a SAFE day for all.

GO C A N E S

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1045 on: November 14, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »

We're playing up in Chapel Hill this afternoon. 

Good luck to everyone's team.

Most of all -- a SAFE day for all.

GO C A N E S

GL to you too!  I just saw that a bunch of teams, yours included are sporting new uniforms for the day... kind of cool. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1046 on: November 14, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

Good luck sharon  can't say we came away from there with a win but hopefully you can and will.

Last night daughter went to get a signed copy of Roy William's new book, my nephew is about the biggest UNC bball fan on the planet. Son has a friend from high school who is still on the team too. Anyway, the actual writer isn't Roy but a former writer for Sports Illustrated Tim Crothers. He autographed the book along with Roy for her, but have to say he went out of his way to be incredibly kind to her and talked a good bit with her. It's not related to football but I thought it was a cool tidbit to share.

ok Spillars is already running all over NCSU, if he continues like this then maybe he is the real deal.

glad I have games to keep me company while I am forced to work today 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1047 on: November 14, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »

sorry Kiwi,  I thought for a while we were trying to be kind to you and give you the game.  We play our final game in Hawaii.  In some ways it would be great to go over nad watch, but plane fare from here is almost 1k per ticket.  I don't think Mrs. Owl has the vacation time left anyway.  We do have a timeshare banked and would have been able to find a room for the week.

I must admit that I sort of rested my eyes during some of the game today and didn't surf into other game territory.  Hope everyone is having good luck.  I am off to church and then the Symphony for the evening.  My shoulder is much better even though it is still in a sling until December 7th.

good luck all

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1048 on: November 14, 2009, 05:34:50 PM »

happy gameday.....posting from daughters laptop at her home. have not seen any games d/t visiting her and my sister and nephew. lots of work whipping the pigstye into shape the last few days...lol!!!
we play Troy tonight at 6:30....i know....i know..dangerous non-conferance game traditionally....hope the hawgs are up to their a game this week now that we are bowl eligable we need more wins for a better bowl
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1049 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »

GO very good game for Wisconsin today! I don't feel too bad about losing since I've been rooting for the Badgers all season. It was a close game for the first half. Actually the freshman are playing pretty good. Unfortunately, 3 different defensive coordinators in 3 years has left the defense off balance. Were giving up 30-40 points a game that's not going to put too many W's on the board. The Dawnhouse has the Big Ten Chanel, GO did you think the replay of the goal line official review was a touch down? Not that it would have changed anything. Just the line judge was blocked out that called it a touch down, opposite the TV angle.
PDh- Sorry GA got them
Cuz- You killed them
Sharon- Miami game out a little short today.
Texasmom- Well your just rolling along W
Bean- Neb with a win over Kansas
Wreck- I'm skipping over this 4min left
USC- Losses to Stanford!!!!!!!!
Bama- Rolls on!
Gators- Just get by
CBB- Tenn a little short today

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1050 on: November 14, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »

Wreck- Didn't want to say anything with it that close! Great win tonite!
Final score Okla St 24- Texas Tech 17

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: November 15, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »

Congrats to all.... only a few more games this season... it flew by.

I still say TX is the most solid team on both sides of the ball.  And I am rooting to win the North next week so we can play them?  Whew.

PDH wow you were in it.  Not sure it made a difference but that awful injury at the end couldn't have helped.  I felt so bad for your QB.  They showed him after the game and you could just see how much he wanted the W. 

Wreck, it wasn't til I was watching your game that I remembered how great TX Tech's defense played us.  They have never been known for that.  How about Leach putting in a QB that just had surgery and couldn't do anything but hobble?  WOW.  That QB is way better than #1 Potts. (when healthy)  But that was cruel in my book.  Anyway, great W for you. 

How about Iowa taking Ohio State to overtime with a freshman QB playing in his 2nd game?  I didn't watch the game but that surprised me.

What is up with LSU?  Seems like they struggled against LA TECH whom we beat soundly... makes no sense.  Are they beat up/injured? 

GO - congrats on the W.  Didn't get that game here.  You guys have had a solid season.  Glad your arm is on the mend also. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1052 on: November 15, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

Thanks! I watched the last 10 minutes out at the "watering hole". We really dominated the second half, but that hit on our QB really scared me ...I thought we might blow it!! The NEW rule this year is that "helmit to helmit" hits are supposed to be called (regardless of intent).  I don't know how they missed that -- both players were laid out. Word has it our QB is okay -- no concussion! We jumped to #12 in AP today!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1053 on: November 15, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

Thanks! I watched the last 10 minutes out at the "watering hole". We really dominated the second half, but that hit on our QB really scared me ...I thought we might blow it!! The NEW rule this year is that "helmet to helmet" hits are supposed to be called (regardless of intent).  I don't know how they missed that -- both players were laid out. Word has it our QB is okay -- no concussion! We jumped to #12 in AP today!

Test w/ corrected spelling

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: November 15, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »

Hey nonesy -  tell those folks thanks for the support, but it wasn't our night. GA is having a season like we are, and tonight they had some players back on the field who had been on the DL. We met them mostly full strength, and we were not up to the challenge. Ole Miss just about wore us down to nothing, and we lost some good people to injuries that we didn't have the depth to replace. It is what it is right now, but we are still back from the disaster of last year. Rebuilding is painful!
GA was at home, and they were feeling it! I like Mark Richt, so congratulations to him and the GA Bulldogs!  It was a fair and square win with no real issues as far as the calls went. The officiating was much better, and very balanced. Kudos to the GA coaching staff for a great game plan!

beans - LSU is very beat up, and missing some key players. I think they did just enough to win because that's all they had left for a lesser opponent. I think they were purposely not laying it all out there, or running up the score because they need to conserve for the future. We beat each other up pretty badly in the SEC. It's never easy, especially in the West division.
It's the same for FL. They are saving their energy for Bama, and trying to keep everybody healthy for the bigger challenges. They knew they could beat So. Carolina without lots of fireworks.
I think Tebow and Mayer learned their lesson.

Florida will have to give it everything they've got to beat Bama, and they'll have to hope the officials are having a good day....
I think they are the better team, but in the SEC that doesn't always mean a win.

I am comfortable in the Dawg House. It's really not so bad on the loser's couch, and the food is wonderful.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: November 15, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »

Wreck... holy cow I turned off the game with just a few left because I knew you had won... and so I missed the hit.  I just saw it on Utube.  The TV guy was saying what a great hit it was and I was like    WTH?  Please tell me he is ok. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1056 on: November 16, 2009, 12:01:02 AM »

Wreck... holy cow I turned off the game with just a few left because I knew you had won... and so I missed the hit.  I just saw it on Utube.  The TV guy was saying what a great hit it was and I was like    WTH?  Please tell me he is ok. 

I THINK he is Ok! It was brutal! One of the hardest (2 way) hits I have seen!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1057 on: November 16, 2009, 06:25:12 AM »

I hope the kid is ok wreck.

son had his first injury of this season last night, a throw-down with a safety left his arm completely numb for two quarters, finally got some feeling back by the 4th. So in light of that I was proud of the key 1st down play he made, particularly when our offense stalled in the 2nd half. he said he was in significant pain when he called from the bus, so say a prayer for him please.

but our defense gets the props for sure  and my fave moment of the game was one of our 'big boys' huffing and puffing post a fumble all the way across that goal line for a TD. His face and TD dance was priceless  Good for him !!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: November 16, 2009, 07:44:49 AM »

Kiwi:  Replays are just what they are.  When you need indisputable visual evidence it still comes down to which official makes the call.  I can't believe there wasn't an official on the same side as the camera.  He may have just been too shy to talk over the call.  It did not look to me like he got it, but then we have lost some appeals just because of the rule.

I hope to write more later.  I am on my way to PT

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: November 16, 2009, 08:05:10 AM »

None.... dang didn't know there was a game on last night or I would have watched!  Hope our boy is feeling better soon.  Hard to catch when the arm is numb huh? lol.  So they got the W I assume?

Wreck...I forgot to tell you... read that 3 OK starters are out for the season after the NU game.  1 had a broken heel (?!!!), 1 had a neck injury (on their oline), and another tore a tendon.  I'm sure they'll talk about it so you know which areas might be weak.  But you need your QB healthy.  Sure hope he's ok.  That was nasty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.