March 18, 2024, 10:41:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256289 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:20 AM »

WRECK - you got a game tonight!  Should be interesting to see which Buffs team shows up... another up and down team.  How is your QB?  GL!!!
Yes, we have Colorado tonight. Gundy won't talk injuries, but it is said he is practicing and will play tonight. This being our last home game and is "Sr. Night".  Some speculate that he will come out and take one snap only.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2009, 08:42:27 AM »

One more opinion from the OSU board --(this was in response to a YouTube video of Mangino going Ape sh#t):

I just watched that clip, and IMHO he should have been talked to by the AD after that. Sure you need to grab the kid and make a point, but if you aren't creative enough to make your point without making yourself look like a FOOL with the cussing and tirade, then, IMHO you need to learn how to coach. I had coaching all through school and the ones I respected the most were the ones that could coach and cut deep without cuss words. It's a lost art among those with less class (IMHO, now the majority of coaches). You would NEVER have heard Tom Landry go blue like that, not his style, but if he got on you...you know it and you change or your don't play.

My point is that it's totally inaccurate to say those who don't like the cussing are being sissy's or can't take the heat. The fact is those that don't like cussing think people who do, ESPECIALLY in teaching situations, are FOOLS who are unable to make points without it. They have ZERO respect for coaches who fail to learn a little tact. Like I said, it's a lost art, and those who were raised to respect authority as long as it's appropriate authority DO NOT respect those who are too stupid to learn how to get their point across without it.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1082 on: November 19, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »

Is anyone else signing in and getting this cowboy smiley tipping his hat at you? Second time that's happened to me this week.......so either something's up or I need sleep more than I realized? 

I do need sleep, I won't be getting any tonight so I'll be thankful when this system goes live finally on Sunday! I may sleep for a couple of days  if they let me.

Nascar is fine, it was a significant stinger but so far (knock on wood) therapy and pain meds seems to have remedied it, so hopefully it will heal and not be a recurring thing.

Well back to work for me but we need to pull out a win this weekend and next too, to make the conference championship again. We'll be going bowling but remains to be seen where.

Bean I really do not know what to make of the Mangione rumors, one thing for sure, the coaching carousel never fails to disappoint with drama does it?

i have gotten that cowboy twice....once just now??????? anybody know what is going on? 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1083 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »

Yeah Cuz... Wreck is trying to highjack the board.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1084 on: November 19, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »

Yeah Cuz... Wreck is trying to highjack the board.   
I used the "cowboy" smiley that is saved to SM's server. I hope it is not screwing up for everyone -- it looks norma to me!

ONCE AGAIN, MY APOLOGIES FOR THE MANGINO "FLOSSING" STORY!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1085 on: November 19, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »

PDH why are we praying for Nascar... must have missed something... GL Bro!

No real update on Mangino but haven't had much time today... basically all the KU folks are saying he is GONE and doesn't have a chance of staying.  Split even between those who think the AD hates him and wants him out (wasn't his hire and he's fat) and those that think the allegations have merit.  But nobody thinks he'll be here on Friday.  It is true the team is in mutiny and won't get on a plane.  WOW.  The inmates are running the prison.

From nonesy on Nov. 16.....

"son had his first injury of this season last night, a throw-down with a safety left his arm completely numb for two quarters, finally got some feeling back by the 4th. So in light of that I was proud of the key 1st down play he made, particularly when our offense stalled in the 2nd half. he said he was in significant pain when he called from the bus, so say a prayer for him please."

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1086 on: November 19, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »

an angelic monkey  Wreck, we forgive you.  We are big girls. ha.  Watching your team right now... man this is way more of a slugfest than I thought it would be... Sure glad your #3 QB is better than #2.  Maybe we should try #3?  LOL  3 mins left.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1087 on: November 19, 2009, 11:27:06 PM »

an angelic monkey  Wreck, we forgive you.  We are big girls. ha.  Watching your team right now... man this is way more of a slugfest than I thought it would be... Sure glad your #3 QB is better than #2.  Maybe we should try #3?  LOL  3 mins left.
Wow! That was an UGLY first half!! No one can fathom what the coaches were seeing in practice. #3 was SOOOOO much better than #2!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1088 on: November 20, 2009, 08:24:29 AM »

You got the win! Tight game... makes me nervous about playing them in Boulder.. hope our offense shows up.  We might have a couple of injured players back by then hopefully.

Anyway... back to your backups... there should be no contest in the spring.  You found a winner. Things look bright.  Congrats.

PDH - sorry for the confusion....I had an email from None so I knew Nascar was doing better so I was worried something else had happened...

Who does everyone play this week?  We got K State for the Big 12 North.  Awful conference this year but someone has to win it. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1089 on: November 20, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

Nothing more has come out of the Mangino story.. supposedly he hired an attorney and negotiations are underway regarding terms.  I still think Mangino might be an AXX but the AD is a bigger one for creating "cause".  He stirred the pot.  And I see the press is now starting to talk about that as well...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/19/source-ad-undercutting-mangino/
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1090 on: November 20, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »

Wreck- Well they keep moving on very good!
Bean Michigan plays Ohio State in Ann Arbor. Last chance to get to 500. Kiwi plans on playing on defense this weekend. Most of the time averaging 35-40 points a game results in a winning season. Maybe Ohio State will be looking ahead to the Rose Bowl. 
Well Kiwi's Dawghouse will be open early for anyone that needs a head start drinking. I think GO's Badgers are in Hawaii, you lucky dawg.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1091 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »

ok wreck, enough with the cowboy smilies  I swear he was there tipping his hat again.

Kiwi I know you're having a rough season but I do believe you can make a difference on defense. I'll be pulling for you!

pdh he's healing, I think it's still pretty sore but they plan to keep him in a sleeve during the game, same kind they put on him to put him back in last game. If he could make a catch then, I figure he'll be okay I hope? I had a surprise today, a friend at the university called me mid-afternoon to tell me son had been selected this week to speak at the coach's weekly luncheon. He said I would be proud and that even the chancellor was on his feet after he finished. I'll admit I was tearful and proud, he didn't even tell me he was asked to do this.

Sigh, so hopeful he has a good game and that the team doesn't underestimate any opponent on this home stretch.

I'll be at the game tomorrow so not likely I'll get to watch any other games, when I'm not in the bleachers I'll be pounding away working on my lappy. I will wish everyone and their teams great showings tomorrow and lots of wins !

kiwi, thank you again for always being such a gracious host.

I can see what Klaas has been up to lately 

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1092 on: November 20, 2009, 10:53:04 PM »

ok wreck, enough with the cowboy smilies  I swear he was there tipping his hat again.

Kiwi I know you're having a rough season but I do believe you can make a difference on defense. I'll be pulling for you!

pdh he's healing, I think it's still pretty sore but they plan to keep him in a sleeve during the game, same kind they put on him to put him back in last game. If he could make a catch then, I figure he'll be okay I hope? I had a surprise today, a friend at the university called me mid-afternoon to tell me son had been selected this week to speak at the coach's weekly luncheon. He said I would be proud and that even the chancellor was on his feet after he finished. I'll admit I was tearful and proud, he didn't even tell me he was asked to do this.

Sigh, so hopeful he has a good game and that the team doesn't underestimate any opponent on this home stretch.

I'll be at the game tomorrow so not likely I'll get to watch any other games, when I'm not in the bleachers I'll be pounding away working on my lappy. I will wish everyone and their teams great showings tomorrow and lots of wins !

kiwi, thank you again for always being such a gracious host.

I can see what Klaas has been up to lately 
I think I broke SM!!!!!!!!! Somehow, I got "logged out" --- when I re-entered my username and password..... I got the "cowboy hat" smiley myself!!!!!!!!!!! Weird!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1093 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »

AU has the weekend off....and boy do we need it! We're thin anyway, and a few key injuries have really hurt us. We face Bama next weekend, and although I hope we win....

I'm watching Boise ST. and Utah St. right now. Interesting game, but it's early. Boise St. is supposed to run away with it, and so far they aren't. Utah St. is keeping up. I wonder if there's an upset brewing?

wreck - Congrats to OK State. I just really like that coach! I didn't get to finish watching the game, so I was glad to see here that your team won.

Did anyone hear Pete Carroll whining about Stanford?  He's mad at their coach for some reason, and it got ugly when they met on the field. Words were exchanged, and Petey was complaining about it on ESPN instead of just letting it go. Maybe he can get together with Little Nicky and see who's the best at pitching fits and being a bad sport......I swear....grown men, acting like children....

That whole Mangino thing is a disgrace too. Very sad for those kids.

Nonesy - Good Luck to Nascar! I hope he has a great game!  I'm sure his speech was wonderful! That boy is going places!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1094 on: November 21, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »

GAME DAY!!!!!

PDH.. Trying to remember... I think Pete was pissed at Harbaugh for going for 2 when they were clearly winning....obviously Pete has more important things to worry about.  LOL

Great that you have the week to prepare for Bama...get injuries healed and plan the game.  It is winnable.

None - proud of our boy.  That is a neat story - wouldn't you love to see it on video?  Hope he has a great game.

Kiwi - can't wait to see you lined up on D. It will be a tough day but maybe your help will be the difference?

Gotta go get ready for the day... be well all and play hard and safe!!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1095 on: November 21, 2009, 05:57:29 PM »

Just got back from the game! Almost got the QB once. Well its done, the season has ended for the Wolverines Ok its time to go to all the SM bowl games coming up. Ill  have plenty of food for all, at every game watched at the Dawghouse. So how is everyone doin?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1096 on: November 21, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

Game starts in 15 mins.  Got red on.  Got wine open.  READY.

Anyone see the LSU/MS game?  Holy crap what a screw up at the end on LSU's part.  Wow.

Kiwi - you played your best and that is all we can expect.  We luv ya!  And you are sooooooooooo gracious in the doghouse.  Hang in there.  Next season right?

Wow, I see Wreck got his cowboy emoticon up there!  I have a dancing corn cob I'd like to add!  LOL

Go Big Red - let's beat the kitties and go play TX!   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1097 on: November 21, 2009, 08:06:53 PM »

Game starts in 15 mins.  Got red on.  Got wine open.  READY.

Anyone see the LSU/MS game?  Holy crap what a screw up at the end on LSU's part.  Wow.

Kiwi - you played your best and that is all we can expect.  We luv ya!  And you are sooooooooooo gracious in the doghouse.  Hang in there.  Next season right?

Wow, I see Wreck got his cowboy emoticon up there!  I have a dancing corn cob I'd like to add!  LOL

Go Big Red - let's beat the kitties and go play TX!   
LSU and Les Miles (our old coach) REALLY screwed up, huh?!?!     

That bolsters our chance for a BCS bowl!!

[/move]

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1098 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

kiwi....i think with your young qb next year will be a very good year for your wolverines...hang in there! i don't have to go to the dawghouse today....yipee!!!!! hogs beat MSU 42 to 21!!! another great game from the ex-wolverine Ryan Mallett.....300+ yards and 5 TD passes!! only problem now...they sure are talking him up...i am afraid he is going to go pro! sure would like 1 more year and have another heisman trophy candidate to root for thru the season!!

good luck bean!!! think i will settle in and watch your game! i did see the lsu/ole miss last quarter....what a crazy game! lsu was so lucky with the onside kick and the hail mary pass...but ooops...coach you forgot to tell your team what to do if it should work???lol   les miles is going to be in some hot water for that! hope he is not too mad...since we go to baton rouge next saturday! i bet you one thing...after the last 2 years of beating them i bet he knows how to pronounce arkansas now....lol!!!!!
anybody been to see Blind Side yet? i really want to go see it...maybe over thanksgiving!!

good luck to little none...no more stingers!!!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1099 on: November 21, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

Half time.... holy cow I wish we had an offense.. our QB... grrrr.. feel bad for him... anyway.. we should be up 21 -3 instead of 10-3.... killing me.... going for some more wine.  LOL  GO BIG RED.  Come out fighting.  Can't believe I WANT to play TX?  I must be crazy.  Yes....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.