March 19, 2024, 04:00:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256344 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »

Kiwi ... we won thanks to a punt return and defensive score.  Ugly but a win.  I was stressing because my stepdad was in a motorcycle accident and we got word right as our game began.  He's in ICU and lucky to be alive.

Tell me about the end of the Auburn game because last I saw they were driving and ahead.  Man.  Must have been a great game. 

Gotta go - hope everyone wins today. 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1121 on: November 29, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »

Well the Dawghouse was open for business today! Some all so close games.Sorry Cuz,Pdh,Wreck. But the good news your all going to Disney World! I mean a bowl game! That should keep me busy with Neb,Ark,Texas,OklaSt,AU,Miami,Wisconsin,Ala,Fla,and Esomething.Hey did Tenn make it to the bowl round?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1122 on: November 29, 2009, 12:24:15 AM »

Bean AU had a 1pt lead with 5min left.Bama started a drive and scored with a minute left.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1123 on: November 30, 2009, 07:38:02 AM »

Bean I'm so sorry to hear about your stepdad, I hope all will be okay?

PDH, sigh.......I thought you had that one too. It is however proof of the potential of your Tigers, next season will be a shining one I am sure.

We had a nailbiter too, as usual our offense checked out of the second half but thankfully our defense saved the game. It was an interesting day and I'll post what was said to me in the stands by a former running back for this team. He came up to me to introduce himself, I guess it was easy to pick out the parents after the seniors ceremony on the field and the corsage I was wearing  Anyway, this man said to me "I was the last white running back for this team and it pains me to see what your white son is enduring since he's talented and being denied opportunity due to the color of his skin".

Some may be offended by my posting that but what those players and coaches don't know, is that when son went to the administration at his private high school to lobby for scholarships for two black football friends - he also endured several white players on the team trying to physically beat him up for sponsoring these black players. His room was vandalized too but son was defiant they would not defeat him. He didn't complain either, he just worked with his coaches to affect what became the first championship season for the team in 20 years. I raised my kids to not be prejudiced, but also to understand that every race can have their measure of good and bad, regardless.

So I don't have much good to say about this coaching staff for allowing my son to be called 'white boy' from the first moment he arrived. Nor do I have much good to say about his position coach for trying to marginalize him. Every game even if it's on special teams, son finds a way to shine which one would hope would embarrass the position coach but I'm not sure he has a conscience. I do however have great gratitude that a former player is in his corner and both understands and objects to this treatment.

Additionally, son was a key part in one big play just before the half, one called 'big ben' where it's his job to tip a pass to another receiver in the end zone. That said, they nearly had it except for the black player who didn't show up to do a key block that's part of that play. Nevertheless, son and the other receiver both nearly caught it in a sea of defenders. Oh well.......nothing will be said to the absent blocker, it never is 

Rant over except to say I'm real proud of son. So there !!  Monkey Devil!

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1124 on: November 30, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »

Well, OSU really stunk it up Saturday! EMBARRASSING!!!  Our head coach (who also calls the offensive plays) is totally to blame. His game plan was that of a scared little school girl. Our QB played with a a bad shoulder (4 cortizone shots before the game) AND a bad ankle. He had NO business being in there and coach was too stubborn/stupid to take him out.

Rant over --- carry on.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1125 on: November 30, 2009, 02:25:22 PM »

Wreck... couldn't watch the game but I knew something had to be up.  Well... no reason to be embarrassed.  But I am going to be embarrassed in advance for our offense in the upcoming TX game.     If you have seen any of their play you understand.

Our center has ankle and hip problems so bad he has to walk with a CANE all week.  This has been going on for over a month.  He has bruises up and down his entire side and he takes FIFTEEN cortisone shots before each game.  (it is a massive area)  We are the walking wounded except for our QB..  he is just plain not very good... at all.. Go Big Defense!

None... we are all proud of Nascar.  Will cheer him on in what should be a very big game this weekend.  And thanks, my stepdad is in surgery right now to rebuild his ankle.  It is no longer attached to his foot.  They are still watching his ruptured spleen... praying he can keep it.  He also have FIVE broken ribs.  But he's alive!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1126 on: November 30, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »

Wreck... couldn't watch the game but I knew something had to be up.  Well... no reason to be embarrassed.  But I am going to be embarrassed in advance for our offense in the upcoming TX game.     If you have seen any of their play you understand.

Our center has ankle and hip problems so bad he has to walk with a CANE all week.  This has been going on for over a month.  He has bruises up and down his entire side and he takes FIFTEEN cortisone shots before each game.  (it is a massive area)  We are the walking wounded except for our QB..  he is just plain not very good... at all.. Go Big Defense!

None... we are all proud of Nascar.  Will cheer him on in what should be a very big game this weekend.  And thanks, my stepdad is in surgery right now to rebuild his ankle.  It is no longer attached to his foot.  They are still watching his ruptured spleen... praying he can keep it.  He also have FIVE broken ribs.  But he's alive!
Wreck they will be better for the bowl game! Didn't see the game but your take on it is enough. Bean the loss of a center can completely mess up the offense. Just look at the Wolverines 1-7 after the loss of the center. A little defense would have helped. None I watch most of the replay of Saturday's game. I was very disappointed also. I didn't see Nascar play in that game. I watched maybe 70%. To me if you run the route correctly and position your body right than you don't have to be the fastest player out there. Of course the QB has to through it correctly also.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1127 on: November 30, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »

hope everybody  had a good thanksgiving! i had 4 days off...was nice to have down time! the last 3 years our games with lsu have either been ot's or very close, last minute wins so i guess it was their turn...... but it sure hurts to lose by missing a field goal!!!
bean....motorcycles scare me....your poor stepdad...sounds pretty broken  up!
none...i know you were a proud senior parent in the stands...bittersweet...i hate he had such bad experiences...he deserved better!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1128 on: November 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM »

Bean- How is your stepdad doing? How did the surgery go? Our prayers are with your family.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1129 on: December 01, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »

Bean let us know how he is, we are all hopeful he's going to be able to heal from this. Like cuz, I have a real fear of motorcycles too.

Kiwi, he played about half of the game but was consistently lined up on the field side, the side our QB can't even make a throw to, just like he can't throw across the middle. I still can't talk much about it, whole situation makes me ill.

Thanks to all of you for caring, I appreciate it.

How bout Weis being out? UVA's Groh gone too? ABOUT TIME !!!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1130 on: December 01, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

Bean- How is your stepdad doing? How did the surgery go? Our prayers are with your family.
Yesterday they did the ankle surgery: 8 screws and a metal rod.  We have a ways to go before we are out of the woods on the spleen.  He can't use crutches since he has the broken ribs but insurance wants him to check out today.  Good god.  My mom can't help him to the degree he needs it so they are going to put him the swing shift (?) wing at the hospital where he can prepare to go home.  Thanks for the kind thoughts. 

It is truly sad - he's in his mid 70s and this was his last bike ride for sure.  He said the bike he bought was too big for him.  My bro took the shredded leather jacket he was wearing and is going to hang it up in the garage so he never gets the itch again. lol.  Not sure that is needed.  He is going to have a long recovery period and in the winter to boot.  He can't stand to sit still.  Ugh.  Books and movies for Xmas?

Cuz not sure I mentioned your game.  That was a fabulous slug fest.  You should be proud.  ITs only year 2!  Congrats.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:27 AM »

Kiwi, he played about half of the game but was consistently lined up on the field side, the side our QB can't even make a throw to, just like he can't throw across the middle. I still can't talk much about it, whole situation makes me ill.

LOL... even I know which side that is!  Poor offensive coaching.  Period.  Still will cheer our guy on this weekend!!!  Go Nascar!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1132 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »

Thanks Bean, Nascar and I both appreciate it !

If crutches are out, you might want your mother to have what they term a "transport" wheelchair. I finally bought one for my mother to get her to and from the games, they are lightweight and fit through doorways in my house too? I'm sure his insurance would cover it and it might help your mother to have that to facilitate getting him around easier?

I've been working since 5 this morning, haven't had a chance to check any football news. What bowls is everyone going to? Or rather, predicted to go to?

cuz, could be your team might face nascar's team if we can win this weekend?

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1133 on: December 01, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »

Thanks Bean, Nascar and I both appreciate it !

If crutches are out, you might want your mother to have what they term a "transport" wheelchair. I finally bought one for my mother to get her to and from the games, they are lightweight and fit through doorways in my house too? I'm sure his insurance would cover it and it might help your mother to have that to facilitate getting him around easier?

I've been working since 5 this morning, haven't had a chance to check any football news. What bowls is everyone going to? Or rather, predicted to go to?

cuz, could be your team might face nascar's team if we can win this weekend?

that is what i heard too!! i hate that the game is on the 2nd....no way i can get off to go! that is the bowl yall went to last year isn't it?
of course the team you are playing this weekend....if they play like they did last weekend they will be our opponent. i hope not tho!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

Huskers bowl depends on this weekends game with TX.  If we win.cough.win. we go to the Fiesta Bowl.  If not, Holiday Bowl where we are rumored to face USC!  lol  That could be fun. 

Sis lives in AZ... I would be up for that trip.  But I won't go booking any tickets.   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1135 on: December 01, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »

Huskers bowl depends on this weekends game with TX.  If we win.cough.win. we go to the Fiesta Bowl.  If not, Holiday Bowl where we are rumored to face USC!  lol  That could be fun. 

Sis lives in AZ... I would be up for that trip.  But I won't go booking any tickets.   

Well, I guess we are going to the Cotton Bowl to play Ole Miss. ...................... I guess whoever the winning coach will be, it will be a former OSU quarterback!!! 

(Houston Nutt QB'd at OSU same as Gundy!) 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1136 on: December 02, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »

None:  I can't call that much of a rant since those of us who know who your son is and have watched the games were well aware of the obvious instances of his being ignored on play after play even when it meant the team suffered.  Some of us have mentioned before that the play calling and obvious passing selection was done to favor others.  It is a difficult thing to watch if you are a fan and doubly so if you are the parent.  His class in handling the situation with live on long after his days of athletics have passed.

Kiwi:  I believe Tennessee is under bowl consideration since we are projected to play them in the Outback Bowl, Jan 1

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1137 on: December 02, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »

yes cuz that's where we went last year and we lost as I recall  I remember sitting in the airport for 9 hours trying to get home after it too 

I think chances are slim we'll pull a win this weekend......we'll see. Seems our coach had the audacity to admit he hadn't even watched film on this opponent until last Sunday? 

Bean, however your bowl turns out, you've had a far better season than last year or year before or year prior. Keep the faith.....

wreck sure sounds like you will have an interesting bowl game with the alumni effect !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1138 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:08 AM »

None:  I can't call that much of a rant since those of us who know who your son is and have watched the games were well aware of the obvious instances of his being ignored on play after play even when it meant the team suffered.  Some of us have mentioned before that the play calling and obvious passing selection was done to favor others.  It is a difficult thing to watch if you are a fan and doubly so if you are the parent.  His class in handling the situation with live on long after his days of athletics have passed.

Kiwi:  I believe Tennessee is under bowl consideration since we are projected to play them in the Outback Bowl, Jan 1

God bless you for your post GO, it means a lot to me that you understand. Oddly enough he must have made a big impact with his speech because the last two games I've had people who were there that I've never met in my life, come up to tell me how impressed they were. I have made sure he knows of each great comment too. He's a strong young man and standing out on the field with him last weekend for the senior ceremony, he only made me prouder. I also took the time to thank the conditioning coach for his support for he's really been in son's corner.

I hope your shoulder is doing better and that the snowstorms haven't consumed your area yet. Will you have a full house for the holidays?

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1139 on: December 02, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »

God bless you for your post GO, it means a lot to me that you understand. Oddly enough he must have made a big impact with his speech because the last two games I've had people who were there that I've never met in my life, come up to tell me how impressed they were. I have made sure he knows of each great comment too. He's a strong young man and standing out on the field with him last weekend for the senior ceremony, he only made me prouder. I also took the time to thank the conditioning coach for his support for he's really been in son's corner.

I hope your shoulder is doing better and that the snowstorms haven't consumed your area yet. Will you have a full house for the holidays?

I meant all of it.  I have lived it with two of my own children and their college careers.  As a parent, you can't be prouder of how they handle those types of situations.  As the years have passed now, I see those character traits being passed on to my grandchildren.  It is impossible to put a value on these lessons.  They hurt us as parents, but we gain in pride as the years pass.

No, we do not have many visitors around the holidays.  Even though my children live near there commitments to other in-laws and my ex seem to always take priority.  Mrs Owl has two sons, but they live a much greater distance away.  One she sees only about once a year now. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.