March 18, 2024, 07:44:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256263 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1200 on: December 21, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »

None congrads on  NASCAR's graduation! Is he thinking of graduate school?
Just got back from Whistler-Blackcomb in BC. A whole lot of snow there. The two mountains are massive together. With a tram running peak to peak. I've never been this sore skiing ever. The Winter Olympics are there in 2 months. A truly amazing place. I'm sure the TV will show it better than I would ever be able to describe.
Back to Football. So when is the first Bowl game starting for us!
Bean you didn't know that Mallet was a Wolverine for a year? Yeah I loaned him out to Cuz. Just he never came back.
GO were and when are the Badgers playing?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1201 on: December 21, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

Just got back from Whistler-Blackcomb in BC. A whole lot of snow there. The two mountains are massive together. With a tram running peak to peak. I've never been this sore skiing ever. The Winter Olympics are there in 2 months. A truly amazing place. I'm sure the TV will show it better than I would ever be able to describe.
Bean you didn't know that Mallet was a Wolverine for a year? Yeah I loaned him out to Cuz. Just he never came back.

Champs Bowl, Tuesday 8 PM Dec. 29th in Orlando...  We play Miami

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1202 on: December 21, 2009, 06:50:48 PM »

Lord now I remember the fiasco... ha ha ha.  Aging sucks... Nice of you to loan him out.  ha. 

Go has a major game against Miami.. that is one strange matchup.  So totally different styles... should make it interesting.  GL GO! 

I also forgot Cuz and None play each other... that isn't fair!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »

son surprised me last night by coming home early 

Kiwi, yes he's working on grad school and has a defined plan for his future, toward that end he has 4 interviews set up for the first two weeks of January for grad assistant roles. Please keep your fingers crossed for him.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1204 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:57 AM »

So proud of our Nascar.     Glad he made it home OK.... Enjoy his visit.  Tell him GL in the bowl game.

Sis made it in from AZ and bro is flying from FL today... Roads are really icy since it "warmed" up to 37 yesterday and the snow melted.  Calling for a major blizzard 24/25th up to 12 inches and freezing rain.  Nice huh?   

Only GO can relate.  He'll have it worse than me probably unless he is off travelling.  Stay warm everyone!!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1205 on: December 22, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »

thanks Bean, he's read the thread last night and said to tell each of you a big "thank you"

I'm glad to hear the frozen tundra lifted for a short while to allow for less treacherous travel for your family. How's your stepdad?

pdh - looks like USC might not be getting away with the Reggie Bush crimes this season?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-usc-mcknight&prov=ap&type=lgns

that said, as per academic ineligibility I've heard of at least one program that took players out of practices in order to beef up their grades with extra credit work? IMO that should be one of the no-no's that the NCAA puts a halt to...

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1206 on: December 22, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »

Roads were slick this a.m.  They are calling for 1/2" PLUS of ice tonight/tomorrow followed by over a foot of snow the next day.  This could get ugly. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: December 22, 2009, 01:33:34 PM »

p.s.  stepdad just graduated from walker to crutches - no timeline for when he can put weight on foot yet.  but his spleen seems to be ok... knock on wood.  thanks for asking.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »

Be well all. The storm moving through the country is rather large with a lot of snow and ice. At least we have the fire going in the Dawghouse. Thanks for all the holiday decorations and eggnog. It looks more cozy now for watching the bowl games. Keep getting better GO, None and Bean's stepdad.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1209 on: December 23, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »

thanks Bean, he's read the thread last night and said to tell each of you a big "thank you"

I'm glad to hear the frozen tundra lifted for a short while to allow for less treacherous travel for your family. How's your stepdad?

pdh - looks like USC might not be getting away with the Reggie Bush crimes this season?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-usc-mcknight&prov=ap&type=lgns

that said, as per academic ineligibility I've heard of at least one program that took players out of practices in order to beef up their grades with extra credit work? IMO that should be one of the no-no's that the NCAA puts a halt to...

USC has been getting away with so much for so long.....it's about time they had to pay for some of it with real sanctions. Having a player sit out from  a rinky-dink Bowl game that doesn't matter anyway is not enough. I hope there's more to come.

Speaking of that...how did Bama get the chance to play in the BCS while they are on probation for the text-book scandal? According to the rules, two probations within a certain period of time makes a school ineligible for the BCS. How did they get around that rule? Does anyone know? There's been a few articles about that issue here locally, but no one seems to be able to answer that question......

Until the NCAA makes the same rules apply to every school all the time, and actually punishes schools for non-compliance....then they really are a joke. In a way, I can see why coaches ignore a lot of NCAA guidelines because they know it's really not a threat. The RB thing at USC was so flagrant, but still nothing has been done about it. Why would any coach really care about a slap on the wrist?

Gosh Kiwi...the Dawg House sure sounds cozy! I'll stop by with some hot toddies.....for medicinal purposes only..... 
I am excited about the Bowl season!
Nonesy.....I just have to cheer for Nascar's team against the Hawgs. I usually side with the SEC team no matter what, but I am making an exception just for him!

cuz...I wub ya, but I have to stick with Nascar till the end of the line!!!

beans...I'm glad we're not playing your Huskers this year. Big Suh would have us for lunch and come back for seconds.....

As much as I like Texas....I have to go with Bama....my home state and an SEC team. I'm not even sure how I think this game will play out. I am so unsure of how Texas will respond to an SEC team that plays the style of football that Bama does. But Bama has had it's moments of playing poorly....all Texas has to do is use a few pointers from TN and AU. They have the personnel to finish it out in the 4th quarter, and they have Will Muschamp.
I'm not sure if it'll be a great game, or a blow-out.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1210 on: December 23, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »

p.s.  stepdad just graduated from walker to crutches - no timeline for when he can put weight on foot yet.  but his spleen seems to be ok... knock on wood.  thanks for asking.

beans...Somehow I missed the fact that your stepdad was ill. I have put him on my prayer list!

Stay safe if you're traveling, everyone! The weather seems to be precarious in so much of the U.S. this holiday season.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1211 on: December 23, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

I think Bama will crush TX.  Our defense was more than just Suh and a perfect blueprint for Saban.  He will use it I guarantee you.  Their weaknesses were exposed.  I thought before we played them that TX would win the dance but I don't now.

I gotta cheer for Nascar also.  But we still love you cuz!

Happy holidays to all!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1212 on: December 24, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »

I think Bama will crush TX.  Our defense was more than just Suh and a perfect blueprint for Saban.  He will use it I guarantee you.  Their weaknesses were exposed.  I thought before we played them that TX would win the dance but I don't now.

I gotta cheer for Nascar also.  But we still love you cuz!

Happy holidays to all!!
My take---- I'm all for Nascar!!! But, I think Big XII takes down SEC (even in a down year)

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

Thanks to all of you for pulling for the underdog 

Son told me last night he saw somewhere on the internet where TX is worth 130M as a team????

WHOA and anyone doubts college football doesn't rival the NFL now in terms of $$$?

Off to my brother's for the xmas eve celebration with gifts and dinner in the back of my jeep, how come my SIL never cooks?    Oh well, it's the season - have to keep my happy game face on.

Son leaves day after xmas for the trek to the bowl site, his visit has been far too short.

I hope Santa is planning a stop at each of your homes for the monkey football crew is never naughty and always nice 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1214 on: December 24, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »

pdh - have to say I agree with you that there's some Saban monkey business afoot with the bowl situation but then some seem to lead charmed lives. however, I do pray McElroy has a great game for he's the epitome of talent and good citizenship.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1215 on: December 24, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »

Five inches of snow so far and icy roads.  The main blizzard is supposed to hit today. ha.  They said winds up to 50 mph are what will be the kicker. 

The window on my Edge cracked all the way across yesterday when I went from the garage outside... THAT is cold. ha.  Getting it replaced Monday if the part can get here. 

Had all 3 kids (niece and 2 nephews) aged 8,5 and 3 over last night for annual Xmas slumber party. ha ha ha  Bro just picked them up... they are alot of work!!   

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1216 on: December 24, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »

8" of snow in OKC -- my normal 3 hour drive took 6 hours!!!  3 hours alone from Norman to my Mother's house (less than 25 miles) 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1217 on: December 24, 2009, 06:38:28 PM »

Be careful everyone. This storm started when I was in BC with 1-2ft of snow Sunday. Have a safe and Merry Christmas! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1218 on: December 24, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

8" of snow in OKC -- my normal 3 hour drive took 6 hours!!!  3 hours alone from Norman to my Mother's house (less than 25 miles) 
Snow now at 11.5" (expecting 12" or more) --- new record for OKC. ( I realize this is just a "dusting" for Frijole!!) 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1219 on: December 24, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »

Holy cow this is the worst storm I can remember.  It isn't supposed to let up for a couple days!

We celebrate Xmas on the 24th so I went to moms' tonight and it wasn't pretty but it wasn't insane driving.  Came home just now... Knew I was stupid because I was one of 4 cars I saw the whole 15 mile drive ... 40 mph winds.  Drifting.  Roads are solid ice... at least an inch thick.  I drove 15 mph. 

I think I am going to be stranded alone (with my dogs) tomorrow!  I can't imagine they'll get it cleaned up because the storm is stalling and back tracking over my area so we can get some more...

Sis from Phoenix doesn't realize she won't get out on Sunday.  Bro from Florida doesn't leave til 31st. 

Just read that things were bad down in OK and TX too!  Stay safe all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.