March 19, 2024, 02:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256326 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1220 on: December 24, 2009, 11:18:26 PM »

Good gosh Bean  I cannot imagine a blizzard like that and you are a champ to have the sleepover slumber party too. Those are never easy !!

There was some snow still in brother's parts today but the streets were clear, but he was shoveling a neighbor's driveway when we arrived, couple across the street. So I dispatched nascar to go help, only to discover my brother was hiding his son's xmas gift in the neighbor's garage - a mini Cooper  I knew there was a reason brother was being so nice 

I hope my nephew enjoys it, neither of mine ever got brand new cars bless their hearts! He is a really good kid though, all honors classes and never in trouble over anything.......he's promised to check in via his webcam in the morning so I do think he has an inkling he's getting something huge.

Boy kiwi and wreck, sounds snowy snowy up your way as well.

I think a white Christmas would be so nice, I've never had one but a Christmas blizzard I think I'll pass on...........besides son has to get back tomorrow night to then leave for the bowl the day after tomorrow. Looks like snow is in the forecast there as well, two days prior to the bowl game. Hopefully that will change by time for the game.

Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone, keep warm and toasty if you can and I hope Santa is good to all of you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1221 on: December 24, 2009, 11:21:22 PM »

Holy cow this is the worst storm I can remember.  It isn't supposed to let up for a couple days!

We celebrate Xmas on the 24th so I went to moms' tonight and it wasn't pretty but it wasn't insane driving.  Came home just now... Knew I was stupid because I was one of 4 cars I saw the whole 15 mile drive ... 40 mph winds.  Drifting.  Roads are solid ice... at least an inch thick.  I drove 15 mph. 

I think I am going to be stranded alone (with my dogs) tomorrow!  I can't imagine they'll get it cleaned up because the storm is stalling and back tracking over my area so we can get some more...

Sis from Phoenix doesn't realize she won't get out on Sunday.  Bro from Florida doesn't leave til 31st. 

Just read that things were bad down in OK and TX too!  Stay safe all.
They're now saying 14"!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1222 on: December 24, 2009, 11:24:37 PM »

Good gosh Bean  I cannot imagine a blizzard like that and you are a champ to have the sleepover slumber party too. Those are never easy !!

There was some snow still in brother's parts today but the streets were clear, but he was shoveling a neighbor's driveway when we arrived, couple across the street. So I dispatched nascar to go help, only to discover my brother was hiding his son's xmas gift in the neighbor's garage - a mini Cooper  I knew there was a reason brother was being so nice 

I hope my nephew enjoys it, neither of mine ever got brand new cars bless their hearts! He is a really good kid though, all honors classes and never in trouble over anything.......he's promised to check in via his webcam in the morning so I do think he has an inkling he's getting something huge.

Boy kiwi and wreck, sounds snowy snowy up your way as well.

I think a white Christmas would be so nice, I've never had one but a Christmas blizzard I think I'll pass on...........besides son has to get back tomorrow night to then leave for the bowl the day after tomorrow. Looks like snow is in the forecast there as well, two days prior to the bowl game. Hopefully that will change by time for the game.

Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone, keep warm and toasty if you can and I hope Santa is good to all of you.
The worst part was the wind!! 60 mph gusts would blow my SUV sideways on the slick ice and creat really poor visibility.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1223 on: December 24, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »

Our team wasn't supposed to leave for San Diego until tomorrow!  Wonder if they left early? 

Wreck.. that didn't sound like a fun drive.  Glad you made it home though.  Stay safe.  You got a snow blower?  I do but it isn't working!  Course they just said with the winds we could expect drifts of up to 15 FEET!  I'll take pictures if that happens.

None.  White Xmases are over rated. ha.  Mini Cooper... nice gift. ha. 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1224 on: December 25, 2009, 03:18:13 PM »

Bean are you alone today?

You and wreck be very careful in that blizzard, but I hate that both you may be unable to be with family today.

We have heavy rains here, but it's warm and dry inside. Sounds like the mini cooper was a hit, my two seemed happy to have had their family time with Nana and extended family on xmas eve. We slept late, I don't think I've slept late one day since May of this year - then Nascar fixed his breakfast casserole for all of us.

He's worn a Santa hat all day long Bean, I'll have to send you a photo.

I have to get back to cooking, have son's best friend and his father coming for xmas dinner along with a neighbor who has no family closeby..........i'm cooking ham, beef tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, yeast rolls, and two kinds of pie and coconut cupcakes.

I expect we'll be in a food coma by early tonight !!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1225 on: December 25, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »

Dang... I had a post typed up with pretty icons but it got caught in a computer burp... so this will be short. 

Me and the dogs are celebrating the storm by using electricity to keep warm and are grateful to not have to go outside... it is beyond awful.  Drifts very high, over 50 mph winds.  Storm to continue for another day or so.  Ugh.  I should have known when my windshield cracked lengthwise that this was gonna be a rough week. 

Mom held off on Xmas dinner... going to see if tomorrow is better.  So Pizza and milkduds it is for me tonight!  ha.  Oh and some wine.

None pretty sure Wreck said he made it to his mom's but it took it was a very slow journey.  Bad down there too!  And they don't have the eqpt to handle it.  Gotta say it's pretty lame here too. ha.  Omaha spoiled me.  Smaller towns rely on a lot of volunteers.  Sigh. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1226 on: December 26, 2009, 11:13:56 PM »

I got dug out at noon today.. man is it ugly out.  Drifts everywhere.  Single lanes on major roads and highways... still.

Meanwhile --- what about Urban Meyer?  WOW.  That must be a real jolt to Gator fans.  It reminded me when Tom Osborne announced his retirement... without warning and right before a bowl game.  We were devastated.  There were rumors that TO had heart issues also.  So I am happy that UM is opting to live and spend time with family.  A loss for football.  I wish him the best.

So who will go to FL?  Many are saying Stoops.  We would be glad to let him go to the SEC! ha.  Should get interesting.  What an emotional game that one will be.. FL playing for Meyer and CINN playing without their head coach.  WOW.  Lots of emotion.

Our team made it out last night on a chartered flight but our poor band will not make it.  They were taking buses and it was decided it was too risky so they aren't going.  Unreal.  No fight song?  Maybe a booster can make it happen. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1227 on: December 27, 2009, 11:37:14 AM »

Bean so did your family ever get to be together for xmas dinner? If not, how sad!

I can't imagine that much snow and ice, or those winds. How do you even protect your skin long enough to dig out your car?

I just spoke to son by phone and he thinks there is more to the story on Meyer but then I think son might still be too young to understand that toll that level of pressure takes on a person. I think so many are stunned about it, but with the success and the commitment he's made I just hope he does what's best for he and his family.Cuz, I see where Petrino is on the short list as a possible replacement? If so and he wants that job, well he will make an example in that bowl game so now I'm really worried.

Bean I hope you can keep warm and have some measure of a holiday, hugs to you !

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1228 on: December 27, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »

Yes None we had Xmas dinner yesterday.  My sis left this morning for home.  Leftovers today. ha.  Snow has stopped, wind hasn't and that is the problem.  Drifting makes it almost impossible to clear streets.

There is an intersection near me where the snow is piled up from plowing and it is seriously 20 ft high.  The thing is you can't see if there is traffic coming!  Major dangerous. 

Re Urban Meyer... I don't know that much about him.  Obviously a good coach.  Have heard good and bad about him as a person.  Some are saying this is health while others say there is a story yet to be told.  Regardless, UF fans have to be reeling right now. 

Wreck... hope you are OK down there!  Check in so we don't worry.  Gonna watch some games today!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1229 on: December 27, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »

Bean I'm glad at least you had some celebration with family, I saw huge drifts last year when I was in Chicago for work, but they were able to keep the streets relatively clear. I just cannot imagine what it's like there right now, except I just hope you keep safe and warm.

I have so much to do around here after months of non-stop work but going to try to watch some TV. I did see the Blind Side last night and for those who haven't seen it yet, try to go - it's full of relevant messages particularly for those who live in the south.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1230 on: December 27, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »

WHAT THE HECK?  Now Meyer is saying he's taking a leave of absence.......

Why all the DRAMA? I think Nascar is right.....what's the real story? We'll never know, probably.

Meanwhile....back at the Bowl Season Ranch.....I had a good laugh at Pete Carroll struggling to win his minor bowl game.....and the TV goobs trying to talk things up for USC. Maybe it was a badly needed lesson in humility....YES....I SAID THAT OUT LOUD! Monkey Devil!

Now the meat of the Bowl schedule starts.....I am so excited for Nascar! Win or lose....what a great experience for him!

Glad I live in a place with no snow......

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1231 on: December 27, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »

i understand completely guys.....nascar is family here and he deserves your support ...hell....i hope he has a great game against us....i just hope nobody else on the team does....lol!!!
big sigh of relief.....hoping meyer is staying now....all the arkansas boards just knew petrino would be the target and we were all cringing!
no snow around here....just record rain (AGAIN)...flooding that kept lots of family missing christmas dinner. my sister and her family were 2 hours late so we had to rewarm. oh well, at least they made it!
Blind Side was sooooo good, saw it several weeks ago....went and saw Sherlock Holmes yesterday. it was really good as well.
need to check in on kentucky/clemson....7 to 7 in 2nd quarter.
on to new years!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1232 on: December 28, 2009, 01:02:06 AM »

Awwww cuz! If it was anybody else but Nascar or AU.......I'd be calling the Hawgs right with you!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1233 on: December 28, 2009, 09:27:04 AM »

pdh thank you, I know nascar and I appreciate the support - but if you check the vegas odds well the hawgs definitely have the edge ! cuz, I think you'll be okay since our QB isn't known for showing up for big games!

I'm glad Clemson won last night but boy, it was a nail biter of a game to the end.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1234 on: December 28, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »

Texas Tech coach Mike "The Pirate" Leach suspended by University for Alamo Bowl. Word has it he stuck a player who had suffered a concussion and refused to practice, in a dark closet!  Monkey Devil! (seems he got the idea from Mangino!  )

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1235 on: December 28, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »

Texas Tech coach Mike "The Pirate" Leach suspended by University for Alamo Bowl. Word has it he stuck a player who had suffered a concussion and refused to practice, in a dark closet!  Monkey Devil! (seems he got the idea from Mangino!  )
Update:

The player, Adam James, is a redshirt sophomore wide receiver for the Red Raiders and the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1236 on: December 28, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »

Sources told ESPN's Joe Schad that the Jameses felt Adam was treated inappropriately by Leach because he was unable to practice after a mild concussion. A source close to the James family told Schad that Leach directed a trainer to confine him to an equipment room for three hours and, days later, told a trainer to place James in an electrical closet. An attorney for Leach said that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed by the James family.

"Mr. and Mrs. James took the step with great regret and after consideration and prayer to convey to the Texas Tech administration that their son had been subjected to actions and treatment not consistent with common sense rules for safety and health," the family said in a statement released on Monday.

The statement went on to say they felt the matter was important to "protect all the fine young men involved in Tech football and the University's reputation for developing and educating young men and women.

"Over the past year, there has been a greatly enhanced recognition of the dangers of concussions and the potential for long term physical damage to players. At virtually every level of football coaching, cases where children and young men have sustained concussions have generated serious discussion of the importance of correct treatment and diagnosis."

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1237 on: December 28, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »

This ought to be fun as the detail emerge on the Leach=gate case.  I am sure there is much more to this.  I read that the kid was seeing less and less playing time because he isn't very good and is whiny. LOL.  He asked last week to transfer to SMU but Leach has a policy in place for 10 yrs and he denied the request.  Kid got pissed and now this.

Leach thought the kid was faking the concussion.  Kid shows up at practice wearing sunglasses.  Won't take them off when asked.. said Dr's orders.  Leach took him to a dark closet at that point.  So my question.. if the kid truly had a concussion why would the doctor even allow him to attend practice, let alone tell him to wear the glasses?

My 2 cents.. the AD has had it out for Leach and this is Mangino Part Deaux.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1238 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »

This ought to be fun as the detail emerge on the Leach=gate case.  I am sure there is much more to this.  I read that the kid was seeing less and less playing time because he isn't very good and is whiny. LOL.  He asked last week to transfer to SMU but Leach has a policy in place for 10 yrs and he denied the request.  Kid got pissed and now this.

Leach thought the kid was faking the concussion.  Kid shows up at practice wearing sunglasses.  Won't take them off when asked.. said Dr's orders.  Leach took him to a dark closet at that point.  So my question.. if the kid truly had a concussion why would the doctor even allow him to attend practice, let alone tell him to wear the glasses?

My 2 cents.. the AD has had it out for Leach and this is Mangino Part Deaux.
I don't know --- Leach is the most succesful coach in Tech history and they BEGGED him to stay last year. Leach IS looney tunes -- not too many will disagree on that point. I sort of like him -- myself! As for James, I think he is a pretty stand-up guy -- he was a successful College AND NFL player and is respected. I have no doubt that he would rather play at his dad's Alma Mater (SMU) -- especially since they have rejuvenated under June Jones.

You have to also remember that the whole "concussion" issue is now at the forefront of both the NCAA and the NFL these days. They are really making teams extra precautionary about holding players out for several weeks after they suffer a concussion.

I really don't know what to think just yet.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1239 on: December 28, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »

A couple more thoughts.......... both Leach and Mangino coached together at Oklahoma. Only 2 major college football coaches did not play ANY College football themselves....... Leach and Mangino!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.