March 18, 2024, 10:47:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256290 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1240 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:02 AM »

Wreck, I like Leach too.  He adds some color to the league and you can count on him to speak his mind.  He won't go down without a fight that is for sure.  You are right that the whole concussion awareness campaign will have an affect on this. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/12/29/texas.tech.leach/index.html

Leach, James' reputations on line amid allegations of mistreatment
Texas Tech has suspended Mike Leach for the treatment of WR Adam James
James is the son of former SMU star and current ESPN analyst Craig James
The suspension appears to be the precursor to a long and protracted fight

The family of WR Adam James says Mike Leach (above) ordered James to stand in a dark shed during practice.
AP

This is going to get ugly.

In the hours after the news broke late Monday afternoon that Texas Tech had suspended coach Mike Leach for Saturday's Alamo Bowl against Michigan State, as details of the allegations against him came to light, followed by the identity of Leach's celebrity accuser, it became apparent that we're headed for an all-out Lone Star showdown.

In one corner, we have the revered and ever-controversial coach of a Big 12 program. In the other, a perturbed father who happens to be one of the most celebrated college players in the state's history and a highly visible television personality. It's Mike Leach's word vs. Craig James' word, with both men's considerable reputations on the line.

Let the lawyers' fees fly.

Leach's suspension and ongoing investigation are the result of allegations made by the family of sophomore receiver Adam James -- whose father, Craig, is the former star SMU running back and current ESPN analyst -- claiming Leach mistreated the player for missing practice with a mild concussion.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche Journal, on Dec. 17, Leach "ordered James to stand in a dark shed at the Tech football practice facility because he thought James was faking a concussion he'd suffered during practice the previous day. Leach had him watched, and when James sat down, Leach had things removed from the shed so he could not sit. Two days later, Leach forced James to stand in a dark room for three hours."

The description sounds horrific.

However, according to the paper, Leach "did not dispute the facts, but did not believe he had done anything wrong." According to Leach's attorney, Ted Liggett, who plans to take legal steps to get the coach reinstated, the building James was sent to was not a shed, and it was cooler than on the practice field. (According to a source with knowledge of Tech's facilities, the room in question is the size of a garage.)

"Because of the fact that he had a concussion and he was extremely limited in the physical activity he could undergo, Mike felt like that was the best place for him and still be close to and part of the team,'' Liggett told the paper. "There's much, much more than meets the eye. The diagnosing doctor has signed a note stating that Adam James was in no way injured by the actions coach Leach took. In fact, he was better off in the building than he would have been outside."

As for the player, Liggett told the AP: "I believe that [Adam James] was a disgruntled student athlete that like many were not happy with their playing time." (James finished the regular season 10th on the team in receptions, with 17.) The Avalanche Journal reported that "Leach also told officials James was a slacker, and his father was always calling and acting like a Little League dad."

Regardless of whose side you take, this does not look good for Leach. If his intent was to punish and/or humiliate a concussed player, he sure picked the wrong year to do it. Thanks to Tim Tebow, Malcolm Gladwell and Roger Goodell, among others, the treatment of concussions has become a hot-button issue in 2009.

"Over the past year, there has been a greatly enhanced recognition of the dangers of concussions and the potential for long-term physical damage to players," said a statement released by James' family in supporting why they chose to report Leach to the university.

But one should always approach with caution the allegations of a disgruntled parent, whose perspective is often understandably skewed. In this particular case, the disgruntled parent happens to be one of the most visible personalities in the sport -- which is probably why this issue accelerated as quickly as it did.

You may recall the recent story of South Florida coach Jim Leavitt, who, according to a stunning FanHouse story, "grabbed a player by the throat then struck him twice in the face" during halftime of a game. Despite corroborating accounts from five witnesses, despite the player's father telling the reporter "You do something like that [on the street], you put them in jail," and despite the school's pledge to "review the matter promptly," Leavitt has yet to be reprimanded in any way, and the player in question, walk-on Joel Miller, claims his story was "misrepresented."

The battle between the architect of USF's program -- who, according to FanHouse, made a point of reminding Miller: "Before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in this building" -- and a walk-on's father was a mismatch of epic proportions.

Texas Tech could have done the same thing. It's a common PR tactic: launch an open-ended investigation, wait for the storm to pass and, most importantly, stand behind your $2.5 million coach.

The fact that the school suspended Leach before completing an investigation seems the product of a perfect storm: The presence of a particularly notable accuser; the sensitive nature of anything concussion-related; and, most likely, Leach's strained relationship with his employer. (Leach and AD Gerald Myers waged a very public standoff last summer over his contract renegotiations.)

Leach's blunt personality and unconventional methods have long made ripe fodder for fans and media conditioned to strait-laced, cookie-cutter coaches. Last year, as the Red Raiders streaked to a 10-0 start and knocked off top-ranked Texas, Leach's Churchill quotes and affinity for pirates made for great copy. This year, as Tech endured a more modest 8-4 finish, his players' brief Twitter mutiny and his bizarre "fat little girlfiend comments" didn't seem quite so cute.

Now, facing undeniably disturbing accusations, many will jump to the conclusion that Leach's days in Lubbock are numbered. It won't be that simple. If anything, we may be at the very beginning of a long, protracted fight.

Leach's reputation is on the line. So is his coaching future. His lawyer sounds ready to battle his accuser and the school on the coach's behalf.

Just as notably, Craig James' reputation is on the line. ESPN has dealt with no shortage of controversies over the years involving its on-air personalities, and with the exception of those who were egregiously wronged (like Erin Andrews), the network usually attempts to distance itself from potentially negative PR. It's already had to pull James from his Alamo Bowl assignment. Whether or not James' son was wronged, ESPN can't be thrilled to have one of its most visible college football faces directly involved in a college football scandal.

This is going to get ugly. Somebody's career could soon be jeopardized.

But which one will it be?

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/12/29/texas.tech.leach/index.html#ixzz0b4zXAMRL
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1241 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »

I don't really know much about Leach or the ESPN analyst so I don't have a personal opinion about either.

Honestly perhaps it's in the best interests of the player to transfer, it is apparent there are issues between Leach and this wr, regardless of who his father is. If you are a wr then June Jones would be a great coach/program for you, run with it.

That said, didn't Leach know this player's father or at least who he was when they recruited him?

I have no patience with coach's that don't 'think' before they do, if an ESPN analyst's son is offered a schollie by your program, it's likely they will be calling you if their kid isn't getting playing time. That's a risk Leach took, sorry but he's old enough and wise enough to know the in's and out's of this.

DUH !!

The concussion issue is a valid one and some of this should rest on the team doc's shoulders. They are who clear players for practice, the coach can't just demand that, so if team doc's are pressured to capitulate then that needs to come to light too. The NCAA should get involved in that as well but it's likely they will not.......as usual.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1242 on: December 29, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »

cuz, this has been my first chance to read some of the previews of the bowl game, it's a given Mallet is the far better QB for sure. His height is a great advantage but I've read again and again that his passing attack is so much harder to defend due to his capability as well as willingness to "spread the ball around". Such simple stuff but so key, isn't it? Shame our QB can't learn the simple stuff........

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1243 on: December 29, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »

none, in reading a bit this a.m... Leach was not interested in recruiting James...but he caved at the pressure from some assistants who all wanted the 3 star.  The kid supposedly is a major prima donna who has faked injuries on numerous occasions.  The "closet" is a meeting room in a building right next to the practice field which supposedly is pretty nice but it is dark and a staff member was there with him. 

I am the first to admit that Leach is a little off but his honesty is refreshing to me.  He doesn't sugar coat things or suck up to anyone.  Me, I like that. 

Also Leach's policy is they can transfer ANYWHERE at anytime... OUTSIDE the state of Texas.  He couldn't make an exception for this kid because the policy had been in place for 10 years. 

Will let you know if I read anything else.  At least we don't have to hear about Urban Meyers non stop now.   
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1244 on: December 29, 2009, 02:23:11 PM »

Former Tech players so far are all standing behind the coach "vehemently"... there's a song out already... they better let James transfer...for his safety!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/70523324b1bb7c6a/
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1245 on: December 29, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »

This Dallas Morning News collumn says it for me:

By KEVIN SHERRINGTON / The Dallas Morning News
ksherrington@dallasnews.com

Column by KEVIN SHERRINGTON / The Dallas Morning News | ksherrington@dallasnews.com

Kevin Sherrington
Archive | Blog | Bio | E-mail

No matter what you may think of Mike Leach or famous fathers or an athletic department that has employed not one but two high-profile coaches who won games, graduated players and still generated controversy, the facts in the latest circus at Texas Tech appear to be this:

Adam James, son of the ESPN employee and former SMU star Craig James, was diagnosed with a concussion.

His coach mocked the prescribed treatment.

And in an era when professional and college athletic programs are finally being held accountable for both the short- and long-term effects of concussions, Leach’s actions were telling and arrogant, leading to a well-deserved suspension.

Don’t get caught up in the alleged details. The “shed” that James was confined to during practice was something between Cool Hand Luke’s box and a place where the university keeps sportswriters. If it were a luxury box, it wouldn’t matter.

In specifically outlining for trainers what should be done, Leach clearly showed his disdain for the diagnosis and/or James.

Coaches have no business getting involved in medical matters, particularly those involving the head. Concussions may be the most underreported of all injuries, which makes them all the more dangerous. When a coach makes a point of singling out players who seek treatment, he sends a message team-wide.

The message we’re hearing now from former Tech players who have been in contact with coaches and current players is that James is “soft,” a nearly slanderous accusation and one utterly beside the point.

Are some players simply not cut out for the rigors of D-I football? No question.

Do players occasionally fake injuries? Absolutely.

Are coaches frustrated by it? Without a doubt.

But this wasn’t an ankle sprain or an upset stomach. This was a head injury. Two relatively mild concussions in a short span of time in young people can result in something called “second impact syndrome,” which is fatal.

Mike Leach is a smart guy. Well-read. Varied interests. He should know about such things. He should also know they’re not to be mocked.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1246 on: December 29, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »

I have a feeling where nonesuche would stand had it been Nascar involved. Concussions are serious ....... Leach should have run-off James WAAAAAY before it came to this point if he felt he was "soft". You cannot make players feel ostracized for paying heed to concussions. -JMO

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1247 on: December 29, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

Bean, sounds to me like Leach should not have let his assistants pressure him into taking this kid, big lesson learned now. What's the saying no good deed goes unpunished?

I'm exasperated because the team doc should be able to tell if a player has a concussion, my daughter had a significant one when she played basketball in high school and the doctor had no trouble diagnosing it in a skinny minute?

If the team doc made the diagnosis and the prescribed treatment, then he/she needed to have the discussion with Leach and stand up for what's right.

wreck, if it were my son yes I'd be upset and want him doing what the team doc prescribed but I would not be calling Leach, I'd be calling the team doc. If the team doc told me Leach was defying his prescribed treatment, I'd be calling Leach. If Leach dissed me, I'd drive over  Monkey Devil! and find out who could make him mind the team doc.

I would however know without a doubt, that if you go up against a HC that you'd better have a transfer situation you could be happy with. It would be tough I suppose for this kid to go from SEC to CUSA but then, my kid did and survived - sometimes you do what you gotta do.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1248 on: December 29, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »

Sorry... I didn't think that the concussion had even been confirmed. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1249 on: December 29, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »

Sorry... I didn't think that the concussion had even been confirmed. 

Please don't say sorry Bean, like you, I didn't think it had been confirmed?

Will the team doc please stand up? The fact that isn't happening prior to the suspension is pretty hinky - I guess I didn't make that point very well.

I think coaches like Leach that do stand up for certain rules, etc are few and far in between now Bean. Like you, I wish more did take a hard stance with players and be consistent with it. My only point all along was IF the team doc had confirmed it was a concussion and if so, why wasn't he/she involved in this hubris?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1250 on: December 29, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »

GO I'm pulling for wisconsin but please tell applegate no more useless penalties please! He needs a spanking for that shove post the play! We had some penalties just like that in our championship game.

Bean, I just found this on espn.com and it has much more detail on the whole situation. It appears from this that the player in question (James) was disciplined before? The concussion is stated as 'mild' but it's still not terribly clear what this team doc prescribed.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4779341

LUBBOCK, Texas -- The lawyer for Mike Leach says the suspended Texas Tech coach did nothing wrong in how he treated a player with a "mild" concussion, and Leach is seeking a court's help in allowing him to coach in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2.

However, Leach and his attorneys anticipate Texas Tech will try to fire the coach in the near future, multiple sources tell ESPN's Joe Schad.

Leach led Texas Tech to the best season in program history last year, going 11-2. But he and the university were at odds for months over negotiations for a contract extension. In February, Leach and the school agreed to a five-year, $12.7 million deal that could keep him there through 2013.

The clock is ticking on a portion of that contract. If Leach is the coach as of Thursday, the school owes him an $800,000 bonus.

A source close to the family of Adam James told Schad that the player was treated inappropriately while injured, including being confined to a room for a long period of time because he could not practice. Leach's attorney, Ted Liggett, said Tuesday that keeping the receiver inside during practice was better for the player than letting him remain outside.

James is the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James.

University officials suspended Leach on Monday while the school investigates complaints from James and his family about how the player was treated.

The motion for a temporary restraining order, which would allow Leach to coach in the bowl game, was filed Tuesday in Lubbock. An in-chambers hearing was set for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 99th District Court..

A person close to the inquiry told The Associated Press that Leach was "begged to work something out to avoid a confrontation." The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

That person also said Leach late last week postponed a meeting related to the inquiry and refused to sign a letter saying "no one injured would be returned to work out without doctors' permission."

The school's attorney left a voice mail message with Leach's attorney late last week that the university needed a letter of apology by noon Monday, the person said.

It did not arrive.

"That's when they made the decision to suspend [Leach], thinking that would bring him to his senses," the person said.

In an affidavit included with the filing Leach says he "would never intentionally harm or endanger a player" and that he has been "forced into this situation without being afforded any process."

He wrote "absolutely" no evidence had been given to him that showed he had violated any university rules or standards.

"I have never and would never intentionally harm or endanger a player. I am committed to Texas Tech University and the well being of my football players. I have been forced into this situation without being afforded any process," he said. "Not being allowed to coach immediately will cause irreparable harm because preparation for the game is ongoing and it will be over on January 2, 2009. Every minute of preparation is critical to be ready for the game."

Defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill was chosen by the university to be the interim coach when Texas Tech plays Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl.

A source close to the family told Schad that James sustained a concussion on Dec. 16, was examined on Dec. 17 and told not to practice because of the concussion and an elevated heart rate. The source said Leach called a trainer and directed him to move James "to the darkest place, to clean out the equipment and to make sure that he could not sit or lean. He was confined for three hours."

According to the source, Leach told the trainer, two days later, to "put [James] in the darkest, tightest spot. It was in an electrical closet, again, with a guard posted outside."

Dr. Michael Phy, a Texas Tech physician, examined James on Dec. 17, diagnosed him with a mild concussion and made recommendations regarding level of activity and treatment, according to a memo Phy wrote Dec. 25. In the memo, reviewed by Schad, Phy wrote that "no additional risks or harm were imposed on Adam [James] by what he was asked to do."

Liggett told Schad that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed by the source close to the family.

Liggett said James "was placed in an equipment room as it was much cooler and darker" than the practice field "after a doctor had examined him and returned him to the field."

Liggett said that on that day, a trainer was posted outside the room and that James was provided ice. Liggett said that James was secluded for one to two hours.

Liggett said that on another occasion, James was placed in a "press room with air-conditioning and a stationary bike he could use."

A person close to the inquiry told the AP that James spent two hours Dec. 17 in a shed the size of a one-car garage that was filled with coolers and the player was "caught" sitting down on one. All the coolers were removed, the person said, and the door to the shed was closed with James inside.

On Dec. 19, James was taken to an electrical room but the buzz was too loud, so he was taken to a press room where all the furniture was removed and he was told not to sit down, the person said.

The person close to the inquiry told the AP that Craig James called to report the allegations on Dec. 19; a university attorney interviewed him and his son Dec. 20; Leach was questioned Dec. 20 or 21; and trainers, student trainers and the doctor who examined Adam James also were interviewed.

Jerry Turner, vice chairman of the university system's board of regents, said the investigation is being handled by the school president's office, with the assistance of its general counsel and athletic director Gerald Myers.

The NCAA is letting Texas Tech conduct its investigation and has not gotten involved, NCAA spokesman Cameron Schuh said. A Big 12 spokesman did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

Turner declined to comment on whether, if true, the incidents might lead to Leach's departure from Tech.

"We haven't gotten to that point, of course," Turner said. "This is an ongoing inquiry, and I certainly do not want to prejudice the results of the inquiry."

A blizzard in Lubbock last Wednesday and the Christmas holiday prevented the initial inquiry from being completed before school president Guy Bailey decided to suspend Leach on Monday.

Turner said Bailey conferred with him, fellow regent Larry Anders and Myers.

"It was more of a decision of the president with a sounding board review of the others," Turner said.

He said he did not know "who else needs to be contacted, what other files need to be reviewed" as the inquiry moves forward.

"I really don't know what's next on the agenda," he said.

In one of two e-mails written by current Tech inside wide receivers coach Lincoln Riley, including one to athletic director Gerald Myers, obtained Tuesday by Schad and ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach, Riley referred to James as "unusually lazy and entitled" and said he has been worried about James' effect on the rest of the receivers because of "his weak and conceited attitude."

In a separate e-mail, Riley said he and Leach disciplined James for poor effort from earlier drills two practices before James claimed his concussion, writing, "This has been a common theme about Adam's work ethic and attitude during his entire career."

Texas Tech players, speaking to reporters Tuesday for the first time since Leach was suspended, declined to discuss the incident or James. Cornerback LaRon Moore called Leach "different" but said the coach only wants the best from his players.

"He goes about it an unconventional way," Moore said. "But all he wants to do is push us, and we've talked about it with the coaches. That's just his way of doing it. He tries to push us, tries to make us better and tries to make us men and get the best of our ability out of us."

James was with the team in San Antonio as it prepares for Saturday's bowl game.

Asked if it was awkward for James to be around the team, McNeill said, "I hope not."

Tech is the second Big 12 school to launch an internal investigation into a coach's treatment of his players.

On Nov. 16, Kansas investigated Mark Mangino, who was the national coach of the year and got a big raise when he went 12-1 in 2007. Players said he was insensitive, though others defended him.

Mangino resigned Dec. 3 after reaching a settlement with the school that was later disclosed as a $3 million buyout.

James played behind former Texas Tech wide receiver Eric Morris, who defended Leach on Tuesday and said his former coach would never jeopardize the well-being of his players.

Morris, who graduated last year, described the electrical closet inside the stadium as a roomy enough space where the visiting media gathered for interviews after games. Morris said Leach mostly relegated injured players to what the team knew as "Muscle Beach" -- an area beside the practice field where those not healthy enough to play did strength and conditioning work.

Morris said Leach liked to keep injured players close so they could encourage their teammates and not "just be sitting around inside doing nothing."

Liggett said Leach's contract calls for him to receive a $800,000 bonus if he is Texas Tech's coach Friday.

Turner was uncertain whether the suspension meant Leach would not be eligible for the bonus.

Liggett seemed certain.

"It's our position that, of course, he's the head coach, and of course, he's owed the money," he said.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1251 on: December 29, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »

No problemo None!  Had to run over to visit with my bro who is at my mom's for a couple more nights before he heads back to Florida.  Go Wisconsin!!!!!

I read somewhere but don't ask for a link (ha) that the team doc said what Leach did HELPED the kid.  So the doc is supportive of Leach.  Me thinks the AD hates Leach and has 800,000 reasons to want him gone within 48 hrs and James gave him a reason.  I could be wrong... but I don't see anyone coming forward to support the kid.  They are all supporting Leach.

Should be interesting to see what the judge has to say tomorrow.. court is at 8 a.m.  Wouldn't that be something if he ordered Tech to let Leach coach?  Holy moly. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1252 on: December 29, 2009, 10:11:11 PM »

No problemo None!  Had to run over to visit with my bro who is at my mom's for a couple more nights before he heads back to Florida.  Go Wisconsin!!!!!

I read somewhere but don't ask for a link (ha) that the team doc said what Leach did HELPED the kid.  So the doc is supportive of Leach.  Me thinks the AD hates Leach and has 800,000 reasons to want him gone within 48 hrs and James gave him a reason.  I could be wrong... but I don't see anyone coming forward to support the kid.  They are all supporting Leach.

Should be interesting to see what the judge has to say tomorrow.. court is at 8 a.m.  Wouldn't that be something if he ordered Tech to let Leach coach?  Holy moly. 
I think the Doc said it did no ADDITIONAL harm. The bottom line for me is that Leach made it very clear to ALL the players that you better not "bitch" about a concussion. Leach took a very simple situation to a very contentious level by not cooperating with the University. All they wanted was a letter from Leach apologizing. It would have been all over with a simple reprimand.
All that said, it DOES appear James is not liked or respected. Leach should have just cut him long ago. It's a mess ........ but it should have never gone this far.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1253 on: December 29, 2009, 11:10:28 PM »

Whew Bean, I didn't want you to think you aren't entitled to your opinion here. Boy has this escalated and fast, I expect that will be one emotionally charged hearing in the morning!

When daughter had her concussion the coaches never argued a week's rest but then it was in basketball and we all heard the loud crack when her noggin hit the floor, I'll never lose the image or the sound from my mind. But I'd never really investigated concussions either, our pediatrician took care of her and I had so much trust in him I felt secure he would do what was needed for her. That said, tonight I have googled some and found this piece that was enlightening for me.

http://www.neurosurgerytoday.org/what/patient_e/concussion.asp

It would appear that a week's rest was is a given as best practices?

wreck, I understand how you feel the concussion needed strict attention, if it were my son I feel sure I would feel the same way. I don't think a letter of apology changes any of this but I do hope that lessons are learned from it, serious lessons.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1254 on: December 29, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »

I think it must be a full moon... rapist wants to go to TENN!?!?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/251480-kiffin-and-more-rapists-at-tennessee-jamal-mosely-looking-to-enroll-now
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1255 on: December 30, 2009, 12:20:37 AM »

Oh dear..................................................................... I was aware there were "issues" with him, but I was really unaware of the scope.   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1256 on: December 30, 2009, 12:29:02 AM »

Oh dear..................................................................... I was aware there were "issues" with him, but I was really unaware of the scope.   
I just checked out our "boards". Seems Mosley has now left Tennessee and is going to play for Memphis (in his hometown).

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1257 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »

I just checked out our "boards". Seems Mosley has now left Tennessee and is going to play for Memphis (in his hometown).
THat's probably a good thing that he is close to home.    Scary huh?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1258 on: December 30, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »

We have a game to play tonight!

Go Huskers!

I'm calling it now.. heroes of the game will be the Lincoln SE High School Band who are filling in for the Husker band that could not make it to the game (they were stranded and could not even get back to Lincoln to get on the bus to head out)

These kids did not even know the fight songs they are playing 2 days ago!  They have filled in for all sorts of events since then and even learned (hopefully) to form an N for the half time show..  No matter how they sound tonight I will sure be proud of them for taking this on. 

Hope they show them on TV.  Beats talking about Urban Meyer and Leach the whole game. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1259 on: December 30, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »

We have a game to play tonight!

Go Huskers!

I'm calling it now.. heroes of the game will be the Lincoln SE High School Band who are filling in for the Husker band that could not make it to the game (they were stranded and could not even get back to Lincoln to get on the bus to head out)

These kids did not even know the fight songs they are playing 2 days ago!  They have filled in for all sorts of events since then and even learned (hopefully) to form an N for the half time show..  No matter how they sound tonight I will sure be proud of them for taking this on. 

Hope they show them on TV.  Beats talking about Urban Meyer and Leach the whole game. 

Good Luck Tonight!!! Do the Big XII proud! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.