March 18, 2024, 07:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256264 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1260 on: December 30, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

GO HUSKERS !!! We're pulling for you 

Here's a photo of Bo to prove he's ready for the win !!!

I think it's wonderful you have a high school band representing when the band couldn't get there, it will be inspiring !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1261 on: December 30, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »

CNN reporting breaking news..........

Texas Tech fires Leach?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1262 on: December 30, 2009, 02:08:12 PM »

CNN reporting breaking news..........

Texas Tech fires Leach?

Yep...there was no hearing.  It happened beforehand but at the court house.  Leach didn't want a settlement.  He will sue.  This will get interesting.

Shame it will outshine the rest of the bowl games... hope the commentators remember to talk about the games!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1263 on: December 30, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Wreck, will do our best!  You have seen our offense.  Would love to see them have a break out game.. or heck, even a half way decent game.  Regardless I am going to sit back and watch the D play with intensity and passion... and remember that I once (after Clownahan firing) said this was all I wanted.     (OK... now I want the O to play the same way)

Thanks guys.  Go Big Red!  Go High School Band!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1264 on: December 30, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »

Go BIg Red !

I saw this on the internet, an NBC station had an onsite tour of the "shed" and other building with Leach's attorney - the lawyer also states that Leach was never offered his job back if he wrote a letter of apology.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/12/30/leachs-lawyer-takes-camera-inside-the-shed-and-closet/

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1265 on: December 30, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »

I still say Leach could have avoided the whole fiasco by simply agreeing to these provisions. (I don't think they are unreasonable)

From ESPN (I know they employ Craig James):

Texas Tech officials seemingly laid out their case against Leach in a letter to the coach that was included in court papers filed in response to his motion for a restraining order to lift the suspension.

The letter set out guidelines for dealing with student-athletes that the school wanted Leach to agree to. He refused to sign the letter.

Among the guidelines were:

• "Decisions regarding whether an injury warrants suspension from practice and/or play will be determined by a physician without pressure from you or your staff."

• "There will be no retaliation against any student who has suffered an injury."

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1266 on: December 30, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »

None:  Thanks for rooting for us.  That must have put us over the top...   I saw signs in the stands promoting the Miami QB for next years Heisman.   I think he has some work to do and doesn't impress me as having the over all strength needed.   Our ground game was the same as usual and the passing was just so-so....   I thought the defense played 3 and 7/8 quarters of good football.

Can some one explain to me why when a team is dominate on defense they have to abandon the whole thing and go to a "prevent" at the end of a game.  It has been my experience that the only thing a "prevent defense" does is to help the other team win.

go with what works.......

good luck to all those who play yet.

Don't know much about Leach, but do know plenty about the mentality of college coaches.  As soon as he filed the injunction I knew they would fire him.  It became about money for him and not about the well being of the college athlete.

I have been there and done that with my own kids.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: December 30, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »

Some Texas Tech players believed the university's decision to dismiss Leach was appropriate.

"I have no complaints about this decision. [Leach] put Adam [James] in a shed like an animal. Like an animal in a cage. That was bull," defensive lineman Chris Perry. "You call other players. I think it was a good decision. We have our pep back now. We practice hard this week. We had less stress this week. You know why? Because he's gone."

Said cornerback Taylor Charbonnet: "The players make this team, not one coach. As Adam's friend, I didn't like it at all what [Leach] did. He was my brother and I didn't agree with it. I don't know why [Leach] did that. But I know we our fully behind [interim] coach Ruffin [McNeil]. We love him and support him."

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1268 on: December 30, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »

None:  Thanks for rooting for us.  That must have put us over the top...   I saw signs in the stands promoting the Miami QB for next years Heisman.   I think he has some work to do and doesn't impress me as having the over all strength needed.   Our ground game was the same as usual and the passing was just so-so....   I thought the defense played 3 and 7/8 quarters of good football.

Can some one explain to me why when a team is dominate on defense they have to abandon the whole thing and go to a "prevent" at the end of a game.  It has been my experience that the only thing a "prevent defense" does is to help the other team win.

Don't know much about Leach, but do know plenty about the mentality of college coaches.  As soon as he filed the injunction I knew they would fire him.  It became about money for him and not about the well being of the college athlete.

Thanks GO but I don't think my pulling for you helped much, I typically am a jinx 

I did hear the analysts make lots of very positive comments and compliments for the Badgers and you played hard and well to win ! You've made your conference proud I am sure.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1269 on: December 30, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »

Yes, CONGRATS on your win GO!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1270 on: December 30, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »

I still say Leach could have avoided the whole fiasco by simply agreeing to these provisions. (I don't think they are unreasonable)

Texas Tech officials seemingly laid out their case against Leach in a letter to the coach that was included in court papers filed in response to his motion for a restraining order to lift the suspension.

The letter set out guidelines for dealing with student-athletes that the school wanted Leach to agree to. He refused to sign the letter.

• "Decisions regarding whether an injury warrants suspension from practice and/or play will be determined by a physician without pressure from you or your staff."

• "There will be no retaliation against any student who has suffered an injury."

I have no doubt that Leach did things that led to his own demise and maybe he even did them intentionally.  My understanding is that if he had signed the document that you cited he would have admitted guilt and that is why he did not sign it.  There was more to it than that paragraph.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1271 on: December 30, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »

HUGE WIN last night!  Beat the thugs to a pulp.  Way to go... Looking good for next year?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1272 on: December 30, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »

I have no doubt that Leach did things that led to his own demise and maybe he even did them intentionally.  My understanding is that if he had signed the document that you cited he would have admitted guilt and that is why he did not sign it.  There was more to it than that paragraph.
I have no doubt that there is MUCH more to the whole Leach situation than meets the eye. This was such a minor thing for it to escalate to where it did. The whole stipulation about Leach getting a bonus on Jan. 1st is interesting too. Leach was a hot commodity last year and they agreed to a new contract to stay on (though I think Leach wanted to move "beyond" Lubbock. I suspect there is more to this such as Leach wanting out (along with his $800,000. bonus). We'll see!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1273 on: December 30, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »

HUGE WIN last night!  Beat the thugs to a pulp.  Way to go... Looking good for next year?

Never know from year to year.  However, we do return a significant number of players including all the running backs, wide receivers and QB.  We lose one tight end and some key defensive players.  I do feel there is enough to fill in for the 6-8 seniors we lose.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1274 on: December 30, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »

I bet Frijole is just THRILLED that Craig James is the analyst for the Nebraska game!!!!!  Monkey Devil!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1275 on: December 30, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »

.......actually, it might be a GOOD thing!!! They probably won't bring the topic up!!! 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1276 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »

wreck you know they won't dare because CJames would open the litigious door if he did as much as say yea nor nay.

Bean, I don't want to jinx this but golly looking GOOD - GO HUSKERS !!!!!!!! 1:36 to go to the half and if all you have to fix is one slippy slidey wr then you're in good shape !!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1277 on: December 30, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »

Live from Kiwi's Dawghouse.Its at the half for the Huskers 23-0 over UofA. If this holds all drinks are on Bean tonite! Well actually its always free in the Dawghouse.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1278 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Another take --- probably closer to the truth:

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-12-30/james-gang-helps-texas-tech-get-revenge-on-leach

Quote:
That'll teach Mike Leach to embarrass Texas Tech University during contract negotiations.

This is the definition of payback, everyone. Nearly a year after the fact.

The record will show that Leach, Tech's unorthodox yet highly successful coach, was fired Wednesday for mistreatment of a player with a "mild" concussion. The reality is Leach was fired because he took Texas Tech for everything it had last February during contract negotiations -- and made the university brass look like bumbling fools in the process.

Not that this latest human resources/relations disaster didn't just one-up everything.

This isn't about a whiny, entitled player kicking and screaming to get his way, or a whiny entitled Little League dad kicking and screaming to protect his little boopie from the mean man. The James Gang -- Adam (see: "mild" concussion) and Craig (see: Little League dad) -- have done more damage to themselves than anything Leach could have possibly done by sending Adam to timeout.

That's another story for another day -- something that will play out over and over in the legal discovery process of lengthy depositions spearheaded by two lovely attorneys making big bucks to make the wheels of justice turn. Enjoy that unlawful termination lawsuit, Tech.

Oh no, this is about jettisoning a rebel coach whose power had clearly eclipsed that of nearly everyone in the university -- especially athletic director Gerald Myers -- after last year's game of chicken during contract negotiations. A quick recap:

Leach wanted specific provisions in his restructured deal, and the university said no for nearly a year. Tech had a huge season in 2008, Leach seized public momentum and opinion, and Tech (see: Myers) still said no all the way to the 11th hour before capitulating and -- get this -- giving Leach everything he wanted and more.

This firing now is Tech's way of stating -- truth be damned -- that no one person is bigger than the university. Unless you're a backup wide receiver whose dad just happens to be a former college star and an analyst for the biggest sports conglomerate on the planet.

Look, if ESPN can't help Tech fire Leach, who can? Imagine the giddy feeling Myers must have felt when he realized, for the first time, that ESPN actually was on his side this time.

First, there were "sources" who told ESPN about Adam James' "mistreatment." Once it became known that Adam James was the player in question, those "sources" became Craig James being interviewed on SportsCenter by an anchor who threw fatter softballs than my daughter's baseball coach.

Then the story advanced over the next couple of days and took on a bigger life, despite conflicting evidence to the original stories of mistreatment and numerous emails from former players and current coaches at Tech not only backing Leach, but clearly explaining the entitled behavior of Adam James.

Instead of using due diligence by investigating all facets of the incident, Tech fired Leach a day before he was due an $800,000 retention bonus. Let's call it what it is: Texas Tech wanted to fire Leach from the moment his bosses became subservient to him when he signed his contract extension in February.

Tech simply found a way this time.

Truth be damned. 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1279 on: December 30, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »

Bean  33 to zip in the 4th Q????

When was the last time that happened in a BCS bowl game????????

I bet you're dancing with the pups aren't ya?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.