March 19, 2024, 03:24:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256334 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1360 on: January 07, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »

it is bizarre, totally.

I hate McCoy is injured, I really was hoping to see him perform tonight and how disappointing for him and the team.

Now if bama does win it will always be mentioned with the caveat that it might have been different had McCoy not been injured, so that's a no win as well.
Exactly right! It's a shame.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1361 on: January 07, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »

I'm glad I'm not a Horn fan who paid big money to go to the game and see him play for a minute and everything blow up in smoke.  Feel awful for Colt.

Bama of course playing hard but this could get sooooo ugly.  Unless of course there is a drug that can get Colt thru the 2nd half.  Can't imagine that but...

On a brighter note - I need to thank Texas for scoring more than 3 points.  Because we needed them to score 4 against Bama in order for NEBRASKA TO BECOME #1 SCORING DEFENSE IN THE NATION!  I know it seems trivial but we were 105th in 2007 so after losing to TX it was something to cheer for.  LOL 

How would you like to be Mack in the locker room?  Just play boys and give it your best shot.  Can't believe they don't have another QB that isn't a freshman that could play.... they seem to grab all the top recruits every year.  What's up with that?
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1362 on: January 07, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »

How would you like to be Mack in the locker room?  Just play boys and give it your best shot.  Can't believe they don't have another QB that isn't a freshman that could play.... they seem to grab all the top recruits every year.  What's up with that?
[/quote]

Colt's been a starter for 4 years. That hasn't left much room for anyone else, and he has all the big game experience. There's no way you'd ever have anyone else ready for this kind of pressure unless he'd been playing with the team for a couple of years. The team just doesn't know this kid, so they are all out of sync, and they won't be able to run the same plays they've been practicing.
But under the circumstances,I think Gilbert's doing pretty well. His receivers have dropped some pretty good passes. He'll be a great QB1 due to the experience of this game, and he's obviously loaded with talent. It's a Baptism By Fire!
I feel sorry for him having to come into this kind of game in this situation. He won't sleep for a week.....

I see the penalties are one-sided again. I hate to see that happening in a game of this magnitude. I don't understand how Bama gets away with all they do.....
Will Muschamp is incensed! These officials aren't doing a very good job either. My goodness!
What is the deal? I think Nick Saban is the new Pete Carroll......

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1363 on: January 07, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »

Colt's been a starter for 4 years. That hasn't left much room for anyone else, and he has all the big game experience. There's no way you'd ever have anyone else ready for this kind of pressure unless he'd been playing with the team for a couple of years. The team just doesn't know this kid, so they are all out of sync, and they won't be able to run the same plays they've been practicing.
But under the circumstances,I think Gilbert's doing pretty well. His receivers have dropped some pretty good passes. He'll be a great QB1 due to the experience of this game, and he's obviously loaded with talent. It's a Baptism By Fire!
I feel sorry for him having to come into this kind of game in this situation. He won't sleep for a week.....

I see the penalties are one-sided again. I hate to see that happening in a game of this magnitude. I don't understand how Bama gets away with all they do.....
Will Muschamp is incensed! These officials aren't doing a very good job either. My goodness!
What is the deal? I think Nick Saban is the new Pete Carroll......
[/quote]
Heavens -- there is a penalty on EVERY play!!!! This game won't be over until tomorrow. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »

It's nice to see the officials finally...in the 4th quarter....decided to make the calls a little more balanced. What took them so long?
Whatever the outcome, that Gilbert kid has played heroically. He must have nerves of steel.

Mark Ingram's Mom looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown! Her son is having a good night tonight.

It looks like Bama will win!!!!!! Congrats to the kids!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: January 08, 2010, 12:12:34 AM »

Congrats Alabama!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1366 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:25 AM »

Congrats to the Alabama Crimson Tide and all their fans!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1367 on: January 08, 2010, 01:20:59 AM »

Well its in the books and the season is done! Bama is the National Champion team! Congrads to all Bama SM. Everyone thanks for helping out in Kiwi's Dawghouse. You all made it possible to watch and cheer for each others teams. All I can say is I've watched more games this year than the last 3 years.
GO you lucky dawg have great weather in Mexico!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1368 on: January 08, 2010, 04:39:16 AM »

Our ISP blipped out last night but I am glad the cable for the TV did not !

Congrats to Bama and to their team!

pdh - I agree that Ingram was the difference maker and that Gilbert is talented and also pretty mature to have endured that level of pressure.

Thanks for providing the dawghouse this season and for being such a good host Kiwi !

I continue to stand with the girl.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1369 on: January 08, 2010, 08:56:35 AM »

Haven't stopped in here in a very long time.  Hello to all....

Congrats to Bama on the big W

Maine, born and raised!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1370 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »

Congrats to Bama! .........................................had it been OUR coach, McCoy would have never come out of the game!!!!!  Monkey Devil! 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1371 on: January 08, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »

kiwi...i know what you mean...seems like i have watched more games this year!!! thanks again for your hospitality!
i really enjoyed last nights game! i thought both teams, under the circumstances gave it their all! seemed like they players had a lot of respect for each other...i like to see that. there were no dirty, ugly penalties. the one unsportsmanlike penalty against alabama was on the defensive guy that intercepted the shuffle pass right before half time and just because he threw the football...i think he deserved a little celebration! saban sure didn't like his gatorade bath...lol!!!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1372 on: January 08, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »

Congrats to Bama! .........................................had it been OUR coach, McCoy would have never come out of the game!!!!!  Monkey Devil! 

interview after the game with colt....he said his arm didn't hurt but he couldn't feel it? must be some kind of nerve damage...i hope for his sake it can be fixed. you could tell he was upset!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1373 on: January 08, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »

Anyone think Saban will be doing any Gatorade commercials anytime soon????  Monkey Devil!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1374 on: January 08, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »

Anyone think Saban will be doing any Gatorade commercials anytime soon????  Monkey Devil!

Why couldn't he at least smile?  Does that man ever have fun?

Speaking of coaches.....I just read that Pete Carroll is going to the Seattle Seahawks. The rumor is that the NCAA is about to lower the boom on USC, so Pete is hightailing it out of town. I wondered why he was on ESPN so much during bowl season as a guest. I wondered if he was planning to take down Lou Holtz as the resident goober coach.

Jim Levitt got sacked at So. Fl for doing something awful....he hit a kid in the locker room...and thought he was King and could get away with it..... that's what all the sports forums are saying, anway. What a shame. That program was his life's work.

Recruiting will be interesting now with all these coaching upheavals. I also read the LSU is unhappy with Les Miles.....

Oh My!

Kiwi....the hospitality this year was supurb! And luckily....AU wasn't quite so smelly this year....the stench of 2008 is all gone! I enjoyed all the food and fun!
With the exception of some terrible officiating...it was a great season!

On to 2010!!!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1375 on: January 08, 2010, 09:44:14 PM »

Why couldn't he at least smile?  Does that man ever have fun?

Speaking of coaches.....I just read that Pete Carroll is going to the Seattle Seahawks. The rumor is that the NCAA is about to lower the boom on USC, so Pete is hightailing it out of town. I wondered why he was on ESPN so much during bowl season as a guest. I wondered if he was planning to take down Lou Holtz as the resident goober coach.

Jim Levitt got sacked at So. Fl for doing something awful....he hit a kid in the locker room...and thought he was King and could get away with it..... that's what all the sports forums are saying, anway. What a shame. That program was his life's work.

Recruiting will be interesting now with all these coaching upheavals. I also read the LSU is unhappy with Les Miles.....

Oh My!

Kiwi....the hospitality this year was supurb! And luckily....AU wasn't quite so smelly this year....the stench of 2008 is all gone! I enjoyed all the food and fun!
With the exception of some terrible officiating...it was a great season!

On to 2010!!!!
I probably say it EVERY year, but I agree -- it was TERRIBLE officiating almost evrywhere this year!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1376 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:13 PM »

I wonder what those hard-working kids on the Crimson Tide team are feeling today? I hope they are enjoying every single minute of it! All the hundreds of hours of work...and they made it! The SEC is very proud of them for bring the NC home!

I'd like to buy Mount Cody a big old bacon cheeseburger to celebrate! Or maybe 5 or 6 of 'em......
Gotta love that boy! He is probably my fave Bama player!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »

PDH I actually thought of you when I heard of the Pete Carroll ordeal!  I think you were right.. they are finally going after USC.  Either that or the payraise from 4 to 7 million was too good to pass? ha.  I actually went to a USC board just to witness the meltdown firsthand.  It is interesting to say the least.  They are talking about bringing in Oregon State's coach who was their DC.  Wonder why they aren't mentioning Kiffin?  LOL

Congrats to Bama.  I also say congrats to that young QB from TX who became a man last night.  WOW.   Talk about pressure.  Can you imagine?

I read an article and if I can find it I will link it later.  Said that when Colt McCoy went with his Dad into the locker room he lied and said he was good to go.  His Dad made him throw him a pass.  From 7 feet away the ball was wobbly and far right.  Colt insisted in doing it two more times.. same result.  At that point his Dad and the doc said no way.  And Colt cried.  GULP.

And after the game that poor freshman cried thinking he was the reason they lost the game.

Sometimes in the heat of our passion I think we as fans forget that these are merely young men, heck kids.  For us it is entertainment.  FOr them, it is their life! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1378 on: January 08, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1379 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:55 PM »

kiwi...i know what you mean...seems like i have watched more games this year!!! thanks again for your hospitality!
i really enjoyed last nights game! i thought both teams, under the circumstances gave it their all! seemed like they players had a lot of respect for each other...i like to see that. there were no dirty, ugly penalties. the one unsportsmanlike penalty against alabama was on the defensive guy that intercepted the shuffle pass right before half time and just because he threw the football...i think he deserved a little celebration! saban sure didn't like his gatorade bath...lol!!!
  Cuz, I read it was a pinched nerve.  His arm was numb and wobbly.  Couldn't control the ball.  Also they said that had he gone in and had further injury his "NFL" insurance policy wouldn't have covered it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.