March 19, 2024, 07:41:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256382 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »

those are cool colors KTF !! I betcha Kiwi does you a banner to go with your custom recliner 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »

KTF...now I remember who you guys hired...duh... None is right..lots of us are rebuilding.  I flew out to watch NU vs Wash back in 96 or 97.  That stadium is beautiful.  We were a total underdog and beat the dog crap out of your team. ha.  Those were the good ole days for both of us because you were favored.. I think #4 in the country at the time.  We went on to take the title taht year.  I paid $150 for total nose bleed seats in the middle of purple and gold but it was such a great time.

Other frequent posters are:

Kiwi who is a Michigan fan
Mum in Ohio who obviously roots for OSU
GO (Great Owl) who roots for Wisconsin
Cuz who cheers on Arkansas
PDH is a die hard Auburn fan
BOC represents Tennessee

Gosh I am sure I have missed many but it IS the off season. ha  Lots of Bama fans that come over from Natalee's thread.

Kiwi hosts the doghouse for us when we lose... we go hang out and drink cocktails and commiserate... He is SOOO nice he has bought furniture in ALL of our school colors.  It is a colorful place. LOL

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2009, 03:27:19 PM »

KTF...now I remember who you guys hired...duh... None is right..lots of us are rebuilding.  I flew out to watch NU vs Wash back in 96 or 97.  That stadium is beautiful.  We were a total underdog and beat the dog crap out of your team. ha.  Those were the good ole days for both of us because you were favored.. I think #4 in the country at the time.  We went on to take the title taht year.  I paid $150 for total nose bleed seats in the middle of purple and gold but it was such a great time.

Other frequent posters are:

Kiwi who is a Michigan fan
Mum in Ohio who obviously roots for OSU
GO (Great Owl) who roots for Wisconsin
Cuz who cheers on Arkansas
PDH is a die hard Auburn fan
BOC represents Tennessee

Gosh I am sure I have missed many but it IS the off season. ha  Lots of Bama fans that come over from Natalee's thread.

Kiwi hosts the doghouse for us when we lose... we go hang out and drink cocktails and commiserate... He is SOOO nice he has bought furniture in ALL of our school colors.  It is a colorful place. LOL

My good friend was a member of this Defense!Go Dawgs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIdBNXkVB0

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2009, 01:21:01 AM »

Hj everyone,

Being a Gator and Dolphin fan, I was needless to say very gratified about this last football season!

None, I was thinking about that boy of yours in that bowl game... Wish y'all could have pulled it out....

I'll post something in the Prayer thread about my situation, I've been very scarce in here lately for lots of reasons but I think for a while now, y'all will be seeing a little more of me. Still praying for Justice for Natalee and for the truth to come out in some way!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »

SB is back !!!!!!!!!!

Yes your team should be proud, I hope you saw us cheering them on here this season!! Thanks for the support for son's team, I wish we could have pulled it out too but oh well....

I hope you are okay SB, Anna and Klaas were posting about missing you recently. We all have!

Now we need to get pdh back here and isn't it great we have KTF on board to represent the Pac 10 now?

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »

looks like none,bean and kiwi have rolled out the welcome mat keeping the faith...but did want to pop in a give a woo pig sooooie!!!!!
sb....hope things are ok...will have to go check out the prayer thread i am sorry to say i have neglected...good to see you!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:40 AM »

SB was wondering where you were last season... should have been bragging on your team big time. ha ha ha  Didn't see anything on prayer thread but I'll pray for ya... hugs.

We break in a new QB this year and there are like 5 competing... Last year's backup was a straight A student.  Everyone expected he and one other to be main competitors.

Remember Mitch Mustain?  (Ha Cuz I know you will)

Seems like last year's starter was expecting Bo to guarantee the starter job by end of spring practice so that he could know whether to transfer.  Also seems team members (we have a Unity Council) confronted him about intentionally teaching the WRONG signals to a redshirt freshman that is highly touted.  His daddy flew in with the expectations that BO announce the spot this spring.

Bo said... sorry.  So the kid, with the help of daddy is now seeking out other schools.

Sad the way parents make these demands.  You gotta earn your spot.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »

Sb good to see you back and GO Gators.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »

Kiwi loves the gators? who knew? 

Bean I would agree they need to earn it but..........it isn't always how the system works, although it's how it should work and Bo is sticking up for that. Go Bo ! That should be your new mantra 

I remember Mustain  I know cuz sure does too.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »

Kiwi loves the gators? who knew? 

Bean I would agree they need to earn it but..........it isn't always how the system works, although it's how it should work and Bo is sticking up for that. Go Bo ! That should be your new mantra 

I remember Mustain  I know cuz sure does too.
None- I've got a vacation house in the Tampa area and most of my friends that moved out of Michigan landed there. They tend to use it more than me. The neighbors used to think they owned it. Anyway I do root for the Gators and ASU, just not if their playing the Wolverines. Also, I've really enjoyed being a fan of every ones team here.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2009, 09:19:56 PM »

Here's some recruiting weirdness for you from Nebraska... where top running backs visit to make up their minds where to sign... bare with me...

2 of the top RBs in the country have not yet signed.

Bryce Brown - was supposed to go to Miami where his bro was. He is supposed to be one of the top ATHLETES in the country.  He didn't sign, has been playing major games - had some agent talk to the Canadian League about going directly to the CFL and the agent created a website a few mos ago where people could PAY for updates on where he was going, who he was talking to etc.

Can you say NCAA violation waiting to happen?  Anyway, he has an uncle (former NU player that was also in the NFL) that lives in Omaha.  He flew to Nebraska to get away and think about things (this was in the heart of winter.. crazy)  I think he's still there.  No decision on where he's going.  USC back off of him. 

David Oku from OK committed to TENN after having taken a liking to his hostess there... or so all the boards said.  Well... he decommitted after all the changes in staff but not right away.  Some say his hostess dumped him. ha.

He didn't sign either.  He too has been jerking recruiters around - talking to Auburn and some others.  Out of the absolute clear blue this week he moved to Lincoln NE.  Yep.  He is enrolled in a high school and moved in with his "girlfriends" parents.  HELLO.  Where are your parents?

He is truly enrolled in classes and wasn't even talking to NE and we brought in 2 nice RBs and haven't recruited him since October.  I don't even think the coaches have talked with him.  He said he might consider NU again but just because he moved here doesn't mean anything.

We are all laughing at the new recruiting strategy - ignore them and they will come.   

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

Hey Kiwi I was only teasing you, in fact I'm a big fan of Urban Meyers, always have been.

Thank you for supporting all of our teams 

Bean I did see the story on Oku, I had not heard about Brown. Yes I think something's hinky about both but Brown and Oku sound like they are not lacking ego's nor faults but I also think the 'game' might breed some of this too.

Your father is like the coaches I knew Bean........they are sorely missed by some of us.

Sometimes ignoring them might be doing the team a favor too ! 

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »

SB is back !!!!!!!!!!

Yes your team should be proud, I hope you saw us cheering them on here this season!! Thanks for the support for son's team, I wish we could have pulled it out too but oh well....

I hope you are okay SB, Anna and Klaas were posting about missing you recently. We all have!

Now we need to get pdh back here and isn't it great we have KTF on board to represent the Pac 10 now?

Pac 10 . . . . Did somebody say Pac 10?  GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »

One of our Former players From The University of Washington is one of the missing NFL players so please keep Marquis Cooper,as well as the rest of the missing in your Prayers!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008799754_apmissingboatersnfl.html

Goodnight and God Bless

KEEPTHEFAITH

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2009, 07:46:47 PM »

SB is back !!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the football thread A's 

Go Golden Bears !!!!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »

One of our Former players From The University of Washington is one of the missing NFL players so please keep Marquis Cooper,as well as the rest of the missing in your Prayers!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008799754_apmissingboatersnfl.html

Goodnight and God Bless

KEEPTHEFAITH

It's terribly sad and although it's a great relief to see one of the four rescued we are all praying the remaining three will be as well. Godspeed.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »

Goodnight and God Bless

KEEPTHEFAITH

It's terribly sad and although it's a great relief to see one of the four rescued we are all praying the remaining three will be as well. Godspeed.

It seems that today they've called off the search for the remaining three.  At one point a search helicopter with a spot lite was directly over them.  Some debris has  been recovered 16 miles from the boats position. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »

SB is back !!!!!!!!!!

We haven't had a lot of Pac 10 fans here.  Bears are WELCOME.  USC... not so much.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »

Goodnight and God Bless

KEEPTHEFAITH

It seems that today they've called off the search for the remaining three.  At one point a search helicopter with a spot lite was directly over them.  Some debris has  been recovered 16 miles from the boats position. 

Terribly sad.  I can't imagine the pain they suffered, at least mentally clinging to a boat for that long.  Man.  It hurts.  God bless them and their families.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2009, 09:12:07 AM »

It's just a horrible loss and a tragedy that even the one survivor will have difficultly learning to cope with. I hope he as well as the families of all will find comfort in their faith and knowledge that their sons were beloved and are missed by many.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.