March 18, 2024, 09:18:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256275 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1460 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »

I'm hearing that Cutcliff and Muschamp turned down TN, and the TN AD and other powers that be are in negotiations with Derek Dooley. He'd be a great catch for them. The BAD PART.....La Tech wants our Gus Malzahn.....dang it! And so does ECU!!!

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

This whole thing is sleazier than a stripper bar, and it's completely disgusting. Mr. Dooley should make TN. clean out the whole athletic complex with Lysol.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1461 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »

I'm hearing that Cutcliff and Muschamp turned down TN, and the TN AD and other powers that be are in negotiations with Derek Dooley. He'd be a great catch for them. The BAD PART.....La Tech wants our Gus Malzahn.....dang it! And so does ECU!!!

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

This whole thing is sleazier than a stripper bar, and it's completely disgusting. Mr. Dooley should make TN. clean out the whole athletic complex with Lysol.

Well said and I'm in total agreement, pdh3!

Dooley's on his way to Knoxville as I type. He's the new head coach.

UT's program is so set back at this point that I can't see anything to get excited about for quite a while, no matter who the coach is. Hamilton, UT's AD is coming under a lot of criticism, and some of it may have some merit, but I can vouch for the fact that Florida has been usurped as Vol enemy number 1. My dream is that the day will come out there in the future somewhere, that UT will meet Kiffin again on the field in a bowl game. If it's far enough out so that UT has fully recovered, I wouldn't miss it for the world and the emotions of it will be good for a solid 10 point give to UT before they ever step on the field.

It can be argued that it's just business, and Kiffin made a good business deal. It's not as much that he left, it's THE WAY he left. The man has no honor, IMO, and what goes around, comes around eventually..................... even in football.

JMHO!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1462 on: January 15, 2010, 06:59:35 PM »

There IS a God!!!! Oklahoma State just hired Holgerson (from Houston) as new Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. He was Leach's OC at Tech and pioneered Leach's offense. We also hired HIS assistant Kliff Kingsbury from Houston (he was a fromer QB at Texas Tech)!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1463 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

The deal was made but for one sticking point. Cutcliff wanted to bring his entire staff with him to replace anyone left at UT. Hamilton wouldn't agree. Time will tell if he made the right call. Many think he should have done it. I honestly don't know. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1464 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

There IS a God!!!! Oklahoma State just hired Holgerson (from Houston) as new Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. He was Leach's OC at Tech and pioneered Leach's offense. We also hired HIS assistant Kliff Kingsbury from Houston (he was a fromer QB at Texas Tech)!!

Happy for ya' Wreck!!!!   
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1465 on: January 15, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

I am getting hungry for some bacon!!!  Monkey Devil! 

Laughed out loud Wreck.  I will never live this down and deservedly so.. I need to pay more attention!  It is clear that is a chicken!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1466 on: January 15, 2010, 07:20:54 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

Kyle Whittingham turned it down yesterday as well.  I think that TN is where NU was with Callahan.  AD dumps a good coach to bring in a "star".. that fizzles and now he has to recover.  My opinion is the AD needs to get fired before TN can attract a big name coach.  And yes, requiring a coach to keep existing staff is a deal break to almost anyone.  This guy (AD) needs the boot in my opinion.

And it pisses me off that Kiffin got bailed out by a donor at USC so he doesn't even have to pay the 800k from his own pocket.  Sleeze bucket.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1467 on: January 15, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

I knew your staff was gonna get poached... they are too tenured and good!  That's a compliment and it sucks.  Gus was on a lot of people's radars. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1468 on: January 15, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

Ah sheetttttttttttttt!  You guys gonna rock.  You hiring the DC too?   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1469 on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

pdh - I'll send you an email later tonight

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1470 on: January 15, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

The deal was made but for one sticking point. Cutcliff wanted to bring his entire staff with him to replace anyone left at UT. Hamilton wouldn't agree. Time will tell if he made the right call. Many think he should have done it. I honestly don't know. 

CBB - this article in the AJC references the assistant's issue and has direct quotes from Cutcliffe http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/duke-s-cutcliffe-turns-275950.html

Dooley is a big name in SEC country, I think this was a big leap for him but hopefully he can make the learning curve with the right staff behind and beside him?

I have to say I think your AD needs a new job himself.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1471 on: January 15, 2010, 08:01:45 PM »

Happy for ya' Wreck!!!!   

I bet SMU is happy for you too, they want that championship next season 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1472 on: January 15, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »

There IS a God!!!! Oklahoma State just hired Holgerson (from Houston) as new Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. He was Leach's OC at Tech and pioneered Leach's offense. We also hired HIS assistant Kliff Kingsbury from Houston (he was a former QB at Texas Tech)!!

Ah sheetttttttttttttt!  You guys gonna rock.  You hiring the DC too?   
We already have a good Defensive Coordinator (Bill Young). Defense was NOT our problem this year -- it was utilizing our talented Offense correctly! 
Holgerson (while at Houston this year) beat us AND Texas Tech this year with his wide open offense.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1473 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

Sorry Wreck, wasn't calling out your D... I just noticed Tech's D got considerably better under Ruffin.  Hope he gets  a good gig somewhere soon. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1474 on: January 15, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »

Damn that Lane Kiffen!

CBB - this article in the AJC references the assistant's issue and has direct quotes from Cutcliffe http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/duke-s-cutcliffe-turns-275950.html

Dooley is a big name in SEC country, I think this was a big leap for him but hopefully he can make the learning curve with the right staff behind and beside him?

I have to say I think your AD needs a new job himself.

Thanks, none! You're right, too. Had Kiffin's buy out been bigger to begin with, he might not have been such an attractive steal, and lots of folks are upset Hamilton wouldn't agree to letting Cutcliffe bring his staff. He still might not have taken it, but we'll never know now.

Press conference here, live at 9:00pmET:
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=tenn&media=162109
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1475 on: January 15, 2010, 09:07:44 PM »

Sorry Wreck, wasn't calling out your D... I just noticed Tech's D got considerably better under Ruffin.  Hope he gets  a good gig somewhere soon. 
No offense taken at all (no pun intended  )

Defense has always been our Achilles heel. The Houston game was the real exception this year --- other than that, we played really well on D. Our losses this year were due to Offensive meltdowns. Even losing Dez, and our Pre-season All American RB -- we STILL had enough talent to be better. If our Defense wasn't so capable -- Oklahoma would have beat us by 60.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1476 on: January 15, 2010, 09:41:09 PM »

OK nonesy! I am intrigued.....

Derek Dooley is a great hire if his La Tech team is anything to go by.....they were well coached, and they came to play. Very good game plans, and the kids always thought they could win against an SEC team. I loved their attitude! That was great coaching.He did a tremendous job there.

hey beans....rhino....razorback....it coulda happened to anybody.... Monkey Devil!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1477 on: January 15, 2010, 10:06:58 PM »

I am getting hungry for some bacon!!!  Monkey Devil! 

Laughed out loud Wreck.  I will never live this down and deservedly so.. I need to pay more attention!  It is clear that is a chicken!

i am a little tipsy....but i got so tickled after this post...i cannot quit laughing!!!
wreck....happy for you! sounds like a good fit for your team!
cbb...i hope you are getting someone that has a little more tenn pride! i really don't know much about him but you deserve better!!
pd.....just a matter of time before someone grabs malzahn...he is destined to move up the ranks...sucks..but it is the truth!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1478 on: January 15, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

OK nonesy! I am intrigued.....

Derek Dooley is a great hire if his La Tech team is anything to go by.....they were well coached, and they came to play. Very good game plans, and the kids always thought they could win against an SEC team. I loved their attitude! That was great coaching.He did a tremendous job there.

hey beans....rhino....razorback....it coulda happened to anybody.... Monkey Devil!
Well I've been reading some real good things about Dooley and I hope he fires the guys up down there and keeps those commits.  I will cheer him on and boo ole Kiffin FO SURE. 

We don't have too many razorbacks up here. ha. 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1479 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »

have ya'll see this new one too? 

pdh - I tried emailing you three times last night, each time the system prompted your email addy no longer existed?  If you've changed it then shoot me an email so I'll know what it is ok? I had this long update for you and it lost it so I'll try to recreate it sometime today.

son arrived home last night with a terrible virus, it's going around the southeast so everyone be on alert - terrible nausea and you-know what on the other end too. UGH......just waiting for it to transfer to me now. I do not do well with tummy virus' and this one supposedly lasts for more than 24 hours. he's still pretty sick this morning and I can't say I'm a great nurse, not my best skill set - poor him!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.