March 18, 2024, 10:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256286 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »

Nice story from the vigil at the University of Washington..Former players talk about Marquis Cooper!

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyfootball/2009/03/05/marquis_coopers_vigil.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2009, 11:39:27 PM »

Hey everybody! Long time no see!

It's great to see some new faces representing the Pac 10, and it's good to see our Gator coming back around!

Lots of news happening on the AU front right now. I was introduced to a new AU forum called  auburn undercover, run by some sportswriters for the larger newspapers in Alabama. I read there voraciously during the coaching search and the early days of Coach Chizik's regime. It was not a happy place at first, because most fans wanted Turner Gill, but with the great coaching hires he's made, and the fine job he did with recruiting in such a short amount of time, people are turning more positive. The best hire, IMHO, is Tracy Rocker who is a legendary former AU and NFL player, and a great recruiter. He's won just about every defensive award there is to win. I'm glad he's back in AU.
James Willis, a former AU player and coach, defected, and went to work for Nick Saban. His AU family has disowned him. 
I do wonder what he was thinking to burn his bridges like that......
As for Coach Chizik.....it's mostly a wait and see kind of thing, but he did manage to sign Alabama's Mr. Football, and a very decent recruiting class so maybe he can pull it off. We filled some holes, anyway. I don't expect a repeat of last season, but who knows anymore. Coach Chizik is a defensive genius, and our very top of nation defenses were when he was our DC, so he can coach at least that much.

As for David Oku..he signed with the Vols. AU kind of cooled on him after the waffling, and we are rich in RB's anyway. He would've been a nice pick up, but he can go take his shirt off with the TN coaches. Has anybody seen that video of the TN coaches pulling their shirts off?  I guess they brought that from USC. Apparently it's a Pete Carroll move. Down here below the sweet tea line we just call it weird...
I wonder what BOC thinks of his new coach?

Our spring game is April 18th I think. It will be very interesting this year, for so many reasons.

I know it's preseason.....but I expect Urban Meyer and the Gators to make another #1 run. He has such a talent-loaded roster, and he has one of the greatest football players in the history of college football - Tim Tebow. If Tim stays healthy, there will be something to see in the Swamp. 

Kinda o/t...but the AU women's BB team won the SEC, and we're # 5 in the nation.  ::MonkeyDance::Nell Fortner is the coach, and the AU family has nicknamed the team Nell's Belles... Whitney Bodie made the cover of a national magazine or something this week - she's our star player. It's been fun to watch these women play this winter, and a very welcome distraction. Our men's BB team beat Bama twice this year, and beat them Wed. night in their own house. It kinda soothed the sting of the Iron Bowl.....

BTW..thanks for all the kind words and prayers. It meant a lot to me. I read here a lot, but I just couldn't bring myself to post until the grief wore off a little. My Mama was a Bama fan, and went to school there, but she secretly liked AU too....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »

welcome back pd!! we knew you had to have down time. the loss of your mother is so personal i imagine. glad to have your very informed comments back. have you heard what tt is up to. i have not heard a word. just wondering.
tracy rocker was a great coach here at ark under coach nutt. he left with him to go to ole miss so i guess he only stayed there 1 year. glad he is back home...the players will love him.
they had the sec womens basketball tournament in little rock this year. did not get to make any of the games but i think it was a successful tournament. congrats to your tiger belles.
last sunday we had a 15 reunion to celebrate our mens basketball national championship! it was really something. we even won the game(which has been rare in the sec...only 2 wins) anyway...all the players plus coach richardson were there and he even gave coach pelphrey a pair of cowboy boots to wear...lol. richardson always wore them...boots and suits! pelphrey was a good sport and wore them to the game but he said he almost busted his ass a couple of times...lol!!!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

pdh3,as well as Cuz.Would love to have the links to the articles you speak of.Being up in the northwest would love to read a little more about the great traditions down south!TIA

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »

Thanks, cuz.  I also changed jobs, and I'm in a much better environment, with higher pay, so there have been some positive things happening too, over the winter. Losing my Mama gave me the motivation to change a few things, because she did not want me to be unhappy.
Finding a new job in this economy is almost a miracle anyway, let alone getting one making more money. God answers prayers, and my Mama had his ear...

Tubby is still around AU, in some capacity. I'm not sure what his exact title will be,or if he'll even have one, but from what I've read, he will still contribute. He loves AU, and he's financially set for the rest of his life, so he'll be able to pick and choose his assignments. I'm gonna miss him on the sidelines, but I believe he was just totally burned out from the pressure of coaching football at an elite DIV I school where the expectations are so high. No one can endure that for long, and he went for 10 years living in a high profile pressure cooker. Not to mention it was in the tough SEC. This past season was just too much for everybody.

ktf...
Here's the link for the AU forum. Keep in mind, most AU fans are not like me...they hate Bama and LSU....

http://auburnundercover.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

There's some talk on there about the Bama situation with the NCAA.  It seems that the SM football fans are not the only ones who have no respect for Pete Carroll and his Untouchables like Reggie Bush.

You should also click on the link about the TN coaches ripping their shirts off....

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »

pd...so happy things are looking up professionally and financially for you!!
i bet your mama is very proud of you!
ktf...for anything arkansas razorback go to http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »

PDH, good things happen to good people, you more than qualify. It's so good to have you back again 

First day of spring practice is fast approaching, just one week from Monday !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »

Wow PDH you game back with a vengence!  LOL  Welcome back.

You will love this one.  When the xxxx was hitting the fan I was so confused about it all and you weren't here to post so I went over and read boards too.  I too found Auburn Undercover and in fact somehow I'm on their mailing list and I get the updates by email.  Is that a hoot?

So what is the story about the taking off the shirt thing???  I might have to google that one.  Hysterical.  Depends on what shape the coaches are in I guess.  LMAO.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

The video link seems to have disappeared....
But I did hear that it wasn't man-candy or anything close to it.

I wonder what BOC will have to say about it all........

O/T...AU Women ply for the SEC Tournament Championship tonight on ESPN2 if anyone is a BB fan.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/030709aaa.html

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:57 PM »

Beans...I meant to add this...I'm gonna convert you to an AU Tiger yet, now that I have you reading our forums...WDE!

I do think Coach Chizik will be just fine. He has an amazing staff, and some great talent, which he didn't have at ISU.

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2009, 09:48:37 AM »

pdh, I am so sorry about your mom, but am glad you are feeling better!  Congrats on the new job and higher pay! 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »

Thanks casa! 

Is your boy ready for spring practice....

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

Thanks casa! 

Is your boy ready for spring practice....

Yes, pdh3, he is getting ready!  He was home this week end and came by for a visit.  I probably won't see him any more this spring as they are about to kick in to high gear!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »

casa I'm so glad you got to visit with him, do you think you might make his spring game? Is it terribly far or is it within reasonable distance for you to drive? I always enjoy the spring games, sometimes more than the regular season. Official start of practice is Monday, wishing our boys no injuries and a great spring.

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

casa I'm so glad you got to visit with him, do you think you might make his spring game? Is it terribly far or is it within reasonable distance for you to drive? I always enjoy the spring games, sometimes more than the regular season. Official start of practice is Monday, wishing our boys no injuries and a great spring.

Yes, we had a really nice visit. My DD#3 was home so he got to visit with her also.  His school is about 2 and 1/2 hours from me, so I might be able to go to the spring game. I hope so!  Yes, none, for sure wishing our boy a wonderful spring with no injuries!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »

Yes PDh is back! I'm glad you took the time and worked yourself back to SM. So how did the lady Tigers do? We dusted off your couch and I got your TV fixed for this seasons football and March Madness!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »

Yes PDh is back! I'm glad you took the time and worked yourself back to SM. So how did the lady Tigers do? We dusted off your couch and I got your TV fixed for this seasons football and March Madness!

AWWW Kiwi...thanks! You are such a gracious host! I am so sorry about that TV...
The Lady Tigers won the regular season SEC Championship, but lost the tourney to Vanderbilt. The girls were tired from paying 3 games in 3 days, and they got some tough calls, but I do have to credit Vandy for a brilliant game. They had a great response to everything we did, and they truly deserved the win. They have our number, and they just dial us up whenever we play them...They let us talk and then slam the phone done in our face and we don't get the last word in... Heck...it's not even much of a discussion at times  

I'm hoping to have less frustration this football season. Time will tell...

So nonesy...is Nascar getting cranked up? 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

Kiwi is a most gracious host isn't he?

PDH - you must be psychic for Nascar arrived home at midnight last night with his girlfriend from Alabama, he drove down to pick her up and bring her up for her spring break. He's cooking shrimp for us for dinner tonight and he did mention that they will order the jerseys at the end of April?

So do you still want a jersey? 

Going to go pawn another hug from him.........love those boy hugs 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »

I definitely do want a jersey...with his # on it!!!! That way I can brag about him when someone asks me about it!!!::MonkeyDance::

Just let me know how much $$$$ to send.....you have my email!

Any son who has the good taste to have a girl from Alabama, and who cooks shrimp deserves much hugging....

Well AU is playing FL tonight in the SEC tourney. I am really hoping we can win this one. We may get an NCAA bid if we do. AU teams really know how to crete drama...

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2009, 07:44:45 PM »

I MEANT create drama....I miss having an edit button.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.