March 19, 2024, 01:42:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256314 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1700 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

Big 12 kicked off the draft big time tonight!  Fun to watch all those people in their living rooms jumping up and down... wouldn't it be wild to be at one of those parties?  I'd love that.  I don't know that much about pro ball because my brain doesn't have room to take it all in and I have to have one day a week to get some work done around the house... Just hope my man Suh enjoys Detroit.... a bit worrisome as a destination. 

Gosh after the draft we don't have much going on for a while... guess it might be time to do that yard work.  ugh. 

Me personally Frijole,I think St Louis made a BIG mistake.I woulda took Suh but,What do i know? Monkey Devil!
ESPN had a poll -- who would be a better Pro:

Bradford    16%
Suh           84%

Monkey Devil!  You know that poll is right. ha.

I just hate to see talent go to waste.  Hopefully he can help contribute and get them a couple wins for a change.  Lord.  We have another husker that is on the Dline at Detroit and he is very happy.  Loves their new QB and says things are way better.  He's been there a long time but no doubt happy to see a fellow dline Husker. 

So... what will the next surprise be???
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1701 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »

Big 12 kicked off the draft big time tonight!  Fun to watch all those people in their living rooms jumping up and down... wouldn't it be wild to be at one of those parties?  I'd love that.  I don't know that much about pro ball because my brain doesn't have room to take it all in and I have to have one day a week to get some work done around the house... Just hope my man Suh enjoys Detroit.... a bit worrisome as a destination. 

Gosh after the draft we don't have much going on for a while... guess it might be time to do that yard work.  ugh. 

Me personally Frijole,I think St Louis made a BIG mistake.I woulda took Suh but,What do i know? Monkey Devil!
ESPN had a poll -- who would be a better Pro:

Bradford    16%
Suh           84%

Monkey Devil!  You know that poll is right. ha.

I just hate to see talent go to waste.  Hopefully he can help contribute and get them a couple wins for a change.  Lord.  We have another husker that is on the Dline at Detroit and he is very happy.  Loves their new QB and says things are way better.  He's been there a long time but no doubt happy to see a fellow dline Husker. 

So... what will the next surprise be???
Fearing they drafted "too well" -- Detroit panics and trades Suh to Denver for Tebow. 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1702 on: April 22, 2010, 11:05:30 PM »

I'll be curious to see which team will pick Myron Rolle!
How could you not want him on your team!He's a PR dream!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1703 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:52 AM »

I'll be curious to see which team will pick Myron Rolle!
How could you not want him on your team!He's a PR dream!
I knew, I knew the name -- but, I had to Google him!! He's the Rhodes Scholar -- Great story!!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1704 on: April 24, 2010, 01:41:18 AM »

Whatta draft for you Big 12 Monkey's.Congrats on a great showing!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1705 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »

Thanks, it was great to watch.  I rarely watch the pros but I might have to catch a few Detroit games this fall.  We have a kid that was a walkon (safety) that I really wanted to get drafted because he is a gamer and really developed under Pelini.  All heart too.  Anyway, just read he already signed a FA deal with Carolina.  Guess he got 10 calls after the draft and got to chose the best deal.  Can't wait to see him go at it in the league.   

So now.. we wait til fall.  Bummer.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1706 on: April 25, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »

Well here's something to post about. It's making my blood boil.......

That slime infested, cheating bunch at USC will get away with it. Reggie Bush won the Heisman and supposedly a national championship while flagrantly ignoring NCAA rules, and guess what? They are all going to walk away from it with little or no sanctions from the NCAA.  This is the most disgusting display of being bought off that I've ever seen in college sports. Auburn was robbed of it's chance to LEGITIMATELY win the BCS by a university who was using NFL coaches, and allowing players to be be paid enormous amounts of money in direct violation of  the NCAA.
It is the ugliest side of college sports, and the PAC 10, USC and the NCAA do not deserve respect for allowing this to go on for all those years.
It broke the spirit of Tommy Tuberville, cheated those kids on AU's team who worked so hard of their chance to play in the BCS, and heres the worst part.....the media has glorified USC knowing all along that NCAA rules were being ignored.
None of USC's wins are legitimate under Pete Carroll as far as I'm concerned.
And what an example to set for all the young kids.....if you cheat, you can win the BCS and become a millionaire and get on a reality TV series and get a big NFL contract.

Every school slated to play USC should boycott them until they abide by the same rules the rest of college football tries to do. No school should be allowed to ignore the governing body of college football for so long, and so obviously, and then be rewarded for cheating the way USC has done. It makes me sick to know that millions of children are taking note of how things are done in the BCS and at USC.

Where is all the outrage from the media, BTW???

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5121923

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1707 on: April 25, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »

As much as I despise USC,cheating happens at 99.9% of ALL universities.PERIOD!!Do I think cheating is appropriate?NO.If you don't think cheating happens at Auburn,Alabama,Florida,Florida State(wide spread academic fraud),Texas,UCLA,USC,Washington,Oklahoma,Miami,etc,etc,etc,etc.At what level it occurs at each institution,I don't know but,it does happen.Your only fooling yourself if you think your own University is above reproach.Sarkisian used FOG machines,resembling a game day experience.NCAA violation.Now if that isn't stupid but,it's the rules.Cheating happens at the high school level every year.High-school recruiting is getting as bad as the collegiate level.What happened to Julio Jones(Alabama) for his booster paid fishing trip?1 game..What happened to Dez Bryant for lying to the NCAA for doing nothing illegal?Gone for the year!Ok,Ok....I think we all understand this world isn't fair,nor will it ever be!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1708 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »

Well the conference reallignment talk has certainly heated up!  Lots of chatter about NU getting left out.  Thank God Tom Osborne is our AD.  He has already stated he is proactive and not reactive so he isn't sitting idly by waiting for the Big 12 to disintegrate.  Hard to say what will happen at this point.  I only know that Tom was the only one in the Big 8 to vote NO regarding joining the Big 12, the only one to vote NO for the creation of the Big 12 championship game and lots of other issues. 

Now Colorado moving to the Pac 10 would be a welcome move.  Ha. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1709 on: April 27, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »

Well the conference reallignment talk has certainly heated up!  Lots of chatter about NU getting left out.  Thank God Tom Osborne is our AD.  He has already stated he is proactive and not reactive so he isn't sitting idly by waiting for the Big 12 to disintegrate.  Hard to say what will happen at this point.  I only know that Tom was the only one in the Big 8 to vote NO regarding joining the Big 12, the only one to vote NO for the creation of the Big 12 championship game and lots of other issues. 

Now Colorado moving to the Pac 10 would be a welcome move.  Ha. 
Sadly but true, Texas has all the cards. They have the power (and TV sets). My gut says they will stand pat and the other conference schools will also. I think the Big XII will expand to 14. My guess would be New Mexico along with either TCU or Colorado State. My dream would be adding Arkansas and/or LSU.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1710 on: April 27, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »

I always thought Arkansas would be a great fit but after reading up on all this.. it ain't gonna happen for one reason.  MONEY.  The difference in payouts between the Big 12 and the SEC and Big 10 are huge.  Arkansas can't afford to leave.  It would be nice for the Big 12 to take the bull by the horns but... as you said this is really Texas's conference.  I am actually starting to think NU might leave.  Too soon to say its anything but an opinion. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1711 on: April 27, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »

I always thought Arkansas would be a great fit but after reading up on all this.. it ain't gonna happen for one reason.  MONEY.  The difference in payouts between the Big 12 and the SEC and Big 10 are huge.  Arkansas can't afford to leave.  It would be nice for the Big 12 to take the bull by the horns but... as you said this is really Texas's conference.  I am actually starting to think NU might leave.  Too soon to say its anything but an opinion. 
I think the only place Nebraska could go to and fit would be the Big 10. I read today the SEC would take Texas -- but would also have to take Texas A&M AND Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Those schools wouldn't leave without the other. When the old Southwest Conference broke up -- the Texas Legislature mandated that Texas A&M and Tech went with them. Ann Richards (Texas Governor at time and Baylor Alum) mandated that Baylor go with them as well.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1712 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »

I think the only place Nebraska could go to and fit would be the Big 10. I read today the SEC would take Texas -- but would also have to take Texas A&M AND Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Those schools wouldn't leave without the other. When the old Southwest Conference broke up -- the Texas Legislature mandated that Texas A&M and Tech went with TEXAS. Ann Richards (Texas Governor at time and Baylor Alum) mandated that Baylor go with them as well.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1713 on: April 29, 2010, 08:24:33 PM »

I think the only place Nebraska could go to and fit would be the Big 10. I read today the SEC would take Texas -- but would also have to take Texas A&M AND Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Those schools wouldn't leave without the other. When the old Southwest Conference broke up -- the Texas Legislature mandated that Texas A&M and Tech went with them. Ann Richards (Texas Governor at time and Baylor Alum) mandated that Baylor go with them as well.
Wreck the Big Ten is considering adding one more team. I agree Nebraska would fit well there. Penn St would be the longest travel.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1714 on: April 29, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »

Wreck the Big Ten is considering adding one more team. I agree Nebraska would fit well there. Penn St would be the longest travel.
Everyone is saying now it's Missouri. Personally, I think that is all that is going to happen. The Big XII will replace them with someone like New Mexico or Colorado State -- maybe Utah or BYU. I think everyone else will stand pat. -JMO

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1715 on: April 29, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »

i should have known yall were all ready all up on all the realignments...lol! i haven't checked here in over a week and didn't even know anything was up til an article in the arkansas democrat today. wally hall, head sw, had a tongue in cheek article about the sec addings and changings. all of his ideas was moving alabama to the eastern division!! in his dreams...lol!!!
arkansas really is a better fit geographically for the big 12. and it has been discussed a lot, but bean is right....it all comes down to more money in the sec. be interesting to see what happens!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1716 on: April 29, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »

Alot of posturing going on right now.  I think the original intent was to go after the Pope... I mean Notre Dame.  Obvious reasons.  Missouri was the first to vocalize interest.  at least publicly.  Admin in Colorado after smokin some weed on 4/20 thought bolting would be a good idea and so now everyone is talking about it. (j/k about CO)

I'm not so sure the Big 10 (11) will only add one.  I think the can got opened and they are now considering going to 15 as we keep reading.  If that happens I believe NU would make the switch.  So much politics behind this it is truly hard to really know what is happening.  Every single player is saying they haven't been contacted by the Big 10 (including Missouri).  Hard to believe the Big 10 hasn't talked to anyone yet.

Guess we'll see.  I was fine with the Big 8. ha. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1717 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:35 PM »

The problem with the Big XII is that Texas gets a disproportionate percentage of the revenue. They run the show. Texas has always tried to quash a Big XII network as they want their own "Longhorn Network". By the same token, why would they want to go to another conference and give up that power??

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1718 on: April 30, 2010, 06:46:18 AM »

The problem with the Big XII is that Texas gets a disproportionate percentage of the revenue. They run the show. Texas has always tried to quash a Big XII network as they want their own "Longhorn Network". By the same token, why would they want to go to another conference and give up that power??
You are on the money.  I don't think TX wants to go anywhere for exactly that reason.   TX could create a conference with schools just from TX. I read after your post and you are right... the Guv has A&M tied to them for SHORE. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1719 on: May 01, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »

Been reading lots on the Big 10 expansion and it is starting to heat up.  Lots of articles this week which you probably read but now I am seeing Husker "Insiders" saying we will be announcing next week that we will move to the big 10.  I have no idea if this is true - but based on the people saying it.. I give it greater merit.

They are saying it will be Missouri, NU, Pitt and Syracuse that are added. 

Oh boy.  Cant wait to play Pitt.  Thats where our POS former AD fled to, I mean went.   Monkey Devil!  He is from Nebraska originally and decided he needed to recreate the program and damn near killed it.  That would be one nasty games - at least in between the NU fans and him.  LOL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.