April 20, 2024, 01:14:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 257925 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1900 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »

Wrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeecccccccckkkkkkkkk!I know you have the BIG RED phone sitting next to you in your embroidered Monkey chair so,give Russell a call now,and tell him to get the DEAL DONE!!I know you got pull Wreck...Just for you Wreck....

Proud and immortal, Bright shines your name;
Oklahoma State, We herald your fame.
Ever you'll find us-loyal and true.
To our Alma Mater, O...S...U.

Well done, Sir!!!  I can't figure out what Okung's deal is 
He needs to sign and get to camp !! ..... I'll make a few calls!! 

I was listening to 950KJR(AM) today,great station for Seattle sports, and there was some good dialogue from both sides.Yes Russell needs to get into camp,but the Seahawks also need to just take 5 years,which Russell and his agent are looking for in terms of years.Seahawks would like 6 years.I believe this helps them spread the bonus out,or something like that.Gives them room under the salary cap so to speak.That extra year shouldn't be a concern for the Seahawks as they can just franchise him after the 5th year if he develops the way he's supposed to so,the Seahawks need to give a little bit as well!Let me know what you hear back!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1901 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »

On a college note.What's goin on down there in Stillwater?I posted awhile back about all of our Monkey universityy players need to stay out of trouble!I hate when these young kids put themselves into a bad situation!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1902 on: August 05, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »

On a college note.What's goin on down there in Stillwater?I posted awhile back about all of our Monkey universityy players need to stay out of trouble!I hate when these young kids put themselves into a bad situation!
I'm getting a little fed up! The bigger your program gets -- the more chance for some bad apples, but also -- the more visibility you get. I hope thigs quiet down!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1903 on: August 05, 2010, 01:44:15 AM »

I'm getting a little fed up! The bigger your program gets -- the more chance for some bad apples, but also -- the more visibility you get. I hope thigs quiet down!

I hear ya.Sark had to kick off what could have potentially been an all Pac-10 tight end.The key word was potential.Rumors were,he was probably a little to much cheech & chong and not putting in the work that the coahces were asking but,I can't factually confirm the smoking but that's the word.It's just disappointing when these kids have such great opportunities and just can't grasp what's in front of them!Here's to no more issues for any of us!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1904 on: August 05, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »

This is funny.  Admittedly, most fight songs were written in another "era" so are pretty corny.  Kansas has to rewrite the lyrics to their song since we are leaving the conference.  I don't know the song but I hope the tune is good... the lyrics are a real hoot.  Check em out:  Monkey Devil!

Talk about the Sooners, the Cowboys and the Buffs,
Talk about the Tiger and his tail,
Talk about the Wildcat, and those Cornhuskin' boys,
But I'm the bird to make 'em weep and wail.

'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk
Up at Lawrence on the Kaw
With a sis-boom, hip hoorah.
Got a beak that's big enough to twist the Tiger's tail.
Husk some corn and listen to the Cornhusker's wail.
'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk,
Riding on a Kansas Gale.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1905 on: August 05, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »

This is funny.  Admittedly, most fight songs were written in another "era" so are pretty corny.  Kansas has to rewrite the lyrics to their song since we are leaving the conference.  I don't know the song but I hope the tune is good... the lyrics are a real hoot.  Check em out:  Monkey Devil!

Talk about the Sooners, the Cowboys and the Buffs,
Talk about the Tiger and his tail,
Talk about the Wildcat, and those Cornhuskin' boys,
But I'm the bird to make 'em weep and wail.

Up at Lawrence on the Kaw
With a sis-boom, hip hoorah.
Got a beak that's big enough to twist the Tiger's tail.
Husk some corn and listen to the Cornhusker's wail.
'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk,
Riding on a Kansas Gale.

Monkey Devil!  

(I guess this  was pre - Big 12 as well!!)

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1906 on: August 05, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

I had to share this at OrangePower.com as well!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1907 on: August 05, 2010, 08:48:41 PM »

Anything to help out Wreck.   Monkey Devil!

Yeah, forgot to mention it was from Big 8 days so needed updating anyways but wow.  Guess we should start talking ball huh?  Only four weeks!  What is the first game of the season?  Haven't looked yet. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1908 on: August 05, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »

I think I may have rode on a Kansas "Gale" on a roadtrip to Lawrence while in school!   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1909 on: August 05, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »

Anything to help out Wreck.   Monkey Devil!

Yeah, forgot to mention it was from Big 8 days so needed updating anyways but wow.  Guess we should start talking ball huh?  Only four weeks!  What is the first game of the season?  Haven't looked yet. 

We have Washington State at home (should have been a Conference game for us!!  )

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: August 05, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »

Yep.   

Strange off season huh?  Wow.  I think we lucked out.

Our first game is Western Kentucky.  My Dad coached track there.  He palled around with some football coaches who were former athletes of Bear Bryant.  Fun stories. 

First test for us will no doubt be game 3 - Washington!     KTF!!! 

Clueless at what we got - if the coaches are impressed with the D then I'm not worried because they usually don't say much.  Offense.... oh boy.  Have read the O Line is healthy and stacked which we are gonna need as our best qb's are the ones we just recruited...so they say. 

Never good when you have a 3 way "tie" at QB this time of year... that's coach speak.   Monkey Devil!  Am hoping for a surprise outta somebody - don't care who. 

Did you read that WVA is under investigation now for the years that Rich Rod was there?  Five allegations... oh boy.  I'd rather see them chase Lane Kiffin. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1911 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »

With a sis-boom, hip hoorah!! 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1912 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:19 PM »

I'm excited for Nebraska!We have to be ready BIG time going into Provo because BYU isn't going to be an easy one by any means.I think the odds makers have us at 3 1/2 point underdogs!Great bullentin board material!Getting seriously excited.I'll be on the shores of Montlake this Monday.Sending prayers out to all our players!May they all remain injury free!!

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1913 on: August 06, 2010, 04:28:49 AM »

Our first game is Sept. 4th - Labor Day weekend. I am having a party!!! We play Arky State.

Clemson will be our first big test. After that, any SEC team will be a huge challenge. It's just tough to win in the SEC, and especially deeper in the season when the teams have beat up on each other for a few weeks. Our depth issues are gone now, so i think we'll have a great year

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/aub-m-footbl-sched.html

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1914 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:02 AM »

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/05/kiffins-trojans-take-fight-on-mantra-literally/

an angelic monkey
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »

that was my fav line too.... follow it with

knick knack paddy whack give your dog a bone...oops wrong song. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1916 on: August 06, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1917 on: August 06, 2010, 09:14:53 AM »

Wow! I  was just in the shower listening to our local sports radio station and they were just laughing at the Kansas fight song! They mentioned the 104 year rivalry with Nebraska ending and the references to the "cornhuskin' boys"!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1918 on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:12 AM »

I agree... the kid is trouble with a T.  I think Nutt is, a nut to take him. 

Nutt's desperate. He has almost nothing on the depth chart at QB. And I do mean nothing. Ray Cotton was his main man, and now he left school. The Rebels are high and dry in the signal calling dept. Nutt had to get somebody that has some kind of experience. Enter Mr. Masoli.....

Masoli is gonna have to take the field blind...and in the SEC at that. 
Our style of football is nothing like what that kid is used to in the PAC 10, and he's got no time to get seasoned. He won't really know the playbook either. He may have a rough year. He'll be lucky if some SEC defense doesn't tear his head off. I don't know much about the Ole Miss O-Line, but I hope they are good.

You know one of our fave coaches will be coaching Masoli, Rader was OC at Bama and he's salt of the earth kinda guy - definitely the opposite of Nutt.

Funny story about Rader, went to son's first spring game and they had an outdoor BBQ for the parents/players post the game. I had my mother with me so we were a bit slower getting to the event, we walk in (mother used a cane then, now it's a wheelchair) and she keeps tugging on my shirt and pointing at one of the coaches. Well he's looking right at us yelling "did you see him play? I love your son".........and I turn to look behind us to see who he's talking to. There's no one behind us so I point at myself and give him that are you talking to me incredulous look. He ran over with his wife and was so wonderful to us that day, he's also been in touch with son several times this summer.

He will be a good influence on Masoli and I just hope the kid grows under him in positive ways.

PDH I agree, it's going to be a very challenging transition for this QB.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1919 on: August 06, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »

PDH - Just for you!  Thought you would enjoy this read about Tommy Tuberville's reception by his team... great read from our paper!

Barfknecht: Tuberville hire a good move, Tech QB says
Don't look for Texas Tech quarterback Steven Sheffield and fired Tech coach Mike Leach to do lunch any time soon.

Not after Sheffield called Leach's ouster “a blessing in disguise'' for the program.

The senior from Austin, Texas, whose nickname is “Sticks,'' openly hurled stones during Big 12 media days at Leach's quirky style.

Leach, known for his single-mindedness toward offense, really did ignore the defense to the point of not even knowing the game plan or major calls at critical times.

“This sounds bad, but they were treated like the step-child,'' Sheffield said, which led to stress between the two units. “They were off on their own and did about whatever they wanted.''

Leach also tried to keep out any NFL influences, to the point of intentionally misleading his players about agents.

“We thought it was illegal to talk to agents,'' Sheffield said. “We had a sign in our facility that there was a $500 reward if anybody saw an agent.''

Schools often tailor some of their teachings and physical conditioning to work done in the NFL, which helps during pro tryouts. Sheffield said that was absent under Leach, leading some Red Raiders to feel they were behind the curve.

Sheffield offered this example:

Leach, for all his self-promoted wizardry, told his quarterbacks nothing more than to throw to the open receiver. Under a new staff, Sheffield said, different reads are in place for different defenses from the first step.

“And our steps must be precise,'' he said. “Stats are kept on those things, and they are shown to players every day.

“NFL scouts look at that stuff. They look at your first step being straight back and not false-stepping. That's stuff we were never coached up on.''

Like many college athletes who see their coach fired, Sheffield originally hoped someone on the staff would be promoted, simply to avoid the hassle of major change.

In this case, it was popular associate head coach Ruffin McNeill, who coached Tech to a win in the Alamo Bowl.

But McNeill went to East Carolina. And the Tech administration went outside for Tommy Tuberville.

Sheffield said it took one meeting with Tuberville to ease his mind.

“The first thing he told us,'' Sheffield said, “is that we're trying to win the Big 12 championship.''

What's the big deal about that? Isn't that what all coaches tell their teams?

Not Leach.

“That was something that was never brought up before,'' Sheffield said. “Championships were not talked about in the Leach Era. It was win one game a week.''

That philosophy got Tech into 10 straight bowls under Leach. But none was a BCS bowl. And the Red Raiders sniffed only one championship, in 2008, and that ended with a 44-point loss to Oklahoma.

It wasn't just Tuberville who got Sheffield motivated for this season.

“When I saw his hires, I just went, ‘Wow!''' he said. “These guys know what they are doing.''

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown is charged with helping pick a No. 1 quarterback between Sheffield and fellow senior Taylor Potts.

Both have starting experience. Both have thrown seven touchdown passes in a game. And both are coming off injuries that knocked them out of spring practice — Sheffield with a broken foot and Potts with a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

Sheffield reinjured the same foot first broken last October by Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh.

“From watching tape,'' Sheffield said, “I can't tell if it's when I planted and he hit me or when I got slammed to the ground.''

Texas Tech struggled at quarterback last season but seemed to get a spark from Sheffield before he was sidelined. Meanwhile, Potts was booed by home fans, and for one week wore the name “Nick'' on the back of his jersey because Leach thought it sounded tougher.

But with a new coach, no one is sure which of the two has the best chance to start.

Sheffield said he and Potts don't hang around together but that both are handling the situation well.

“It would be a waste of time,'' Sheffield said, “if we went around writing hateful messages to each other and slipped them in each other's locker.''

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100801/SPORTS/708019770

I hope Tubby does well, he did hire Prunty from Hargrave and he's a very good man, we met him when son played in VA.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.