March 19, 2024, 02:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256329 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2009, 03:06:26 AM »

nonesy I'm just glad we HAD an offense....

Our QB3 tore his ACL, so we are down to the two kids jockeying for the QB 1 spot, and one of them will be the back-up. We'll have to go without a #3 unless they pull a freshman up. I'm not sure how long it takes to heal a torn ACL after the surgery, but the talk is that he won't play until next year.  I hate it for the poor kid.

Lots of enthusiasm about the game from what I've read. It seems that the coaches were having a good time too.

Tell Nascar we're proud of his performance today! How did the knee hold up?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »

Nonesy - so proud of our WR Hero.  Tell him congrat on the award.

We weren't concerned about our starting QB None - it's we have no experience at backup.. but they kicked butt yesterday so I will sleep at night.

The game was so much fun.  We didn't beat Bama's 84k attendance but we had 77,760!  Was supposed to rain but the sun came out and it was beautiful the whole time.  AND to top it all off... we were seated row 3 at the 45 yrd line and RIGHT NEXT TO THE RECRUITS!

There is a WR who is one of the top 150 players in the country at all positions that I really like. I spotted his mom and went up and introduced myself and told her how excited I was that he came to visit and hoped he had a great time etc.  I really enjoyed seeing the recruits.

The team is sooooooooooooo much better than last year.  It was fun.  One word - SPEED on both sides of the ball.  You can so see Pelini's influence.  There were so many that shone yesterday.  Love seeing someone finally play lights out.  I won't bore you with details - just very excited that the team is headed in the right direction.

I gotta try to find a photo for you guys... it reminded me of us in this forum.

Hugs, Frijole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »

Not sure if this will work because I don't do this often...
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »

drat... none i'm sending it to you to post for me.  it reminds me of all us female football nuts.  really cute

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2009, 11:32:58 PM »

pdh - I hate to say it will take until likely next year for his ACL to heal enough to be strong enough to take the punishment! Son's knee isn't 100% for sure so it slows him down right now, but hopefully with some time off from now until June, it can heal fully. His bursa sac was burst  I hate how hard football is on their bodies, your poor young QB, it's hard not to get discouraged during rehabilitation too.

bean - sounds like you enjoyed the game and that's what counts ! I was away taking my mother to my brother's today, returned home later and then tried to watch the recording I made of the Natalee movie tonight. So I didn't see your email with the photo until now and I admit I'm a tired puppy tonight. My age is catching up with me post entertaining the Nana for a week 

I bet that mother of the recruit really appreciated your welcome too !

Here's the photo and it's a keeper Bean, I love it  I'll email you and pdh some photos/thoughts when I get my second wind, heading to bed now for some much needed rest before work explodes as it always does on a Monday!

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:17 PM »

beans...

Great pic!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:12 AM »

It reminded me of all the SM football moms.  Thanks for posting it.  Glad your mom had such a great time None.  Special day no doubt.  Big hugs.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: April 22, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »

I had to post this today for I just do not 'get it', maybe I'm just too old school but why on earth would you leave school early for a possible first round opportunity in the NFL and be unable to keep yourself from the 'weed' long enough to pass the drug test?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9483382/Sources:-WRs-Harvin,-Tate-tested-positive-for-pot

The draft stock of Percy Harvin and Brandon Tate may have taken a hit.

Two sources told FOXSports.com that both wide receivers tested positive for marijuana in February at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Best of the best The No. 1 pick often has to do with team needs instead of talent. All mock drafts aside, Scout.com's Chris Steuber ranks his Top 25 players in the draft.
Before the test results became official, Harvin was considered a potential first-round pick after leaving the University of Florida following his junior season. Tate was projected as a first or second rounder after a solid college career at North Carolina.

Joel Segal, the agent who represents both players, didn't return messages seeking comment.

PDH have you been following the saga of Andre Smith???

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: April 22, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »

Because they are "stuck on stupid"!   

Invincible, above the law, it will never happen to me... mentality.  Just no excuse for it.  Idiots.   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: April 22, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »

Because they are "stuck on stupid"!   

Invincible, above the law, it will never happen to me... mentality.  Just no excuse for it.  Idiots.   

for sure Bean, for sure  You have to wonder when these guys will grow a brain?

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »

PDH have you been following the saga of Andre Smith???

I've heard a little bit here and there....

I vaguely remember that he didn't show up for something, or walked out.....was it the combine? And he either fired his agent or his agent quit.....either way he was without representation on Saturday when he was interviewed by ESPN at the Bama Spring Game. I did see that interview, but they were careful about asking him too much. They did say quite a bit later on. I think most older people feel kind of sorry for Andre, because he has made some serious mistakes with his football career.
 He made some bad decisions because he is young, poor and has been misguided by people who have not had his best interests at heart. He should've stayed at Bama one more year, he should've finished his education. He has all of his eggs in an NFL Dream Basket, and he will be eaten alive. I wish him luck, because I don't think he's a bad kid at all. But he is a kid, and he wants Money.Now.
It's very sad.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »

Pdh it is sad and perhaps even tragic, yes he left the combine early and the internet was all abuzz with a video of him running a 40 on pro day without his shirt on. He's from bham right? I do think he changed his agent and I do think he's had very poor advice. I agree with you that he should have stayed at bama another season/year, but at times having sat in the stands with some of these parents, they just see the $$ signs and little else. I do hope this new agent can help him to salvage his opportunity and give him some paternal support as well.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »

To the parents of Andre Smith or friends of Andre. If he wants to do well in life then he should hire PNF to make all Pro and School decisions. They may not suggest the money now, but they can guarantee the big bucks later for the NFL draft.
PNF= Pdh, None and Frijole. They are without a doubt the experts and not just here on SM.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

Kiwi that's one of the nicest compliments anyone has paid me in such a long time, particularly to even be included with Pdh and Frijole. If we hang out our shingle will you handle our marketing strategy? 

big hugs to Kiwi

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:11 PM »

Kiwi.  Luv ya.  Poor Andre's butt would be in trouble with that crew in charge. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:11 PM »

To the parents of Andre Smith or friends of Andre. If he wants to do well in life then he should hire PNF to make all Pro and School decisions. They may not suggest the money now, but they can guarantee the big bucks later for the NFL draft.
PNF= Pdh, None and Frijole. They are without a doubt the experts and not just here on SM.

Kiwi - I am flattered beyond my ability to express it. What a nice compliment!

I'm a mother, and I see a talented young man who is in danger of getting lost to greed and ignorance. I hate to think about what will happen to him if he fails to succeed in the NFL.
My heart ached for Andre as I watched him in that interview Saturday. I do hope that someone in his life can guide him until he gains the maturity and experience to make better decisions. I have him on my prayer list, because I think he needs it. I wish Bama had a team chaplain like AU's Chette Williams. He has been very good for the team, and he has helped a lot of young men.
Maybe someone will step up and help Andre.

On a different note....Lane Kiffen has apparently screwed up again. I think the SEC is gonna chew him up and spit him out, then hand him the bill for clean-up.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7&f=1372&t=4256278

BOC! Where are you? We need your help! What in the heck is going on in Knoxville?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »

Kiwi.  Luv ya.  Poor Andre's butt would be in trouble with that crew in charge. 

well said bean !

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2009, 07:52:44 AM »

Kiwi - I am flattered beyond my ability to express it. What a nice compliment!

I'm a mother, and I see a talented young man who is in danger of getting lost to greed and ignorance. I hate to think about what will happen to him if he fails to succeed in the NFL.
My heart ached for Andre as I watched him in that interview Saturday. I do hope that someone in his life can guide him until he gains the maturity and experience to make better decisions. I have him on my prayer list, because I think he needs it. I wish Bama had a team chaplain like AU's Chette Williams. He has been very good for the team, and he has helped a lot of young men.
Maybe someone will step up and help Andre.

On a different note....Lane Kiffen has apparently screwed up again. I think the SEC is gonna chew him up and spit him out, then hand him the bill for clean-up.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7&f=1372&t=4256278

BOC! Where are you? We need your help! What in the heck is going on in Knoxville?

pdh I just remember what a 'star' Andre was in his first season, but as we notice when Rader and others who supported him left Bama, I think that solid guidance he needed was a huge gap that was never filled.

I had not heard about Kiffen's latest with this QB, I did find this posted at rivals.com and thought I'd bring it here. It is NEVER good to have a player state openly that they are not getting a "fair shake" and since Coleman has been known for nothing but good behavior and dedication to the program to date, obviously there are big questions being asked now.

If Coleman is close to Cutliffe then maybe that would work out as a strong opportunity for him, however he would need to adjust to a program and even a stadium and facilities far beneath TN's. I know that was an adjustment for son but if it truly is all about the chance to play.......then they work their way through it.

In son's recent interview he stated his move was one of the best decisions of his life - he's been criticized by someone very close to him who is a Bama devotee for having said that? That really hurt son and he likely will distance himself from this person as a result. It is amazing the blind allegiance that some have to programs that won't allow them to see that sometimes you make a move, simply because you can't ever know what you can be if you are stereotyped and without opportunity due to that.

Here's the link to that article and I've posted it below.

http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=939187

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee coaches have not been informed that quarterback B.J. Coleman has decided to leave the Volunteers, a team spokesman said Thursday.

The rising sophomore told the Chattanooga Times Free Press he has decided to move on because he was frustrated after participating in the Volunteers' spring practice.

Neither Coleman nor his parents responded to phone calls from The Associated Press seeking comment. Volunteers spokesman John Painter said coach Lane Kiffin was not aware of any plans by the Chattanooga native to lead the team.

"It's the best move for me," Coleman told the newspaper. "What changed my mind is, after this spring, I don't see myself getting a fair shake. Based on conversations with coaches and things that happened this spring, I feel the staff has goals that do not include me.

"I didn't just quit. I didn't just walk out. But I'm going to be taking a huge risk of losing another year of eligibility if I stay. I just want to play ball."

Coleman would have to sit out a season if he transfers to another Football Bowl Subdivision school.

He told the paper he doesn't know what he'll do next. He is close with former Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe, who left the Vols after the 2007 season to coach at Duke.

Coleman, Jonathan Crompton and Nick Stephens spent last season competing at quarterback, but none emerged as the clear starter.

Crompton and Stephens spent most of the time on the field while Coleman only took meaningful snaps against Vanderbilt. He finished the season 4 of 8 for 21 yards, no touchdowns and one interception.

With Stephens sitting out much of the spring after breaking the wrist of his throwing hand, Coleman spent most of the spring practicing with the second team while Crompton practiced with the first team.

In three scrimmages, Coleman finished 41 of 60 for 425 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions while Crompton was 31-for-70 for 324 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions.

Kiffin praised both quarterbacks' performances after Saturday's Orange and White Game at Neyland Stadium.

"(Coleman) seems to have some game presence about him," Kiffin said Saturday. "When we get out (in Neyland Stadium) he seems to play better than he does in practice, so that was good to see."

Kiffin has said the quarterback competition would continue into fall practice. He said he felt it was easy to assess Coleman's abilities without having him practice against the first-team defense.

"Even though you can say, 'Well, he has to go against the No. 1 defense,' well, he also gets the No. 1 receivers and running backs and offensive line. Most of the time, it usually evens out," Kiffin said.

The Vols' other options at quarterback may include Mike Rozier, a former pitcher in the Boston Red Sox organization who is expected to walk on for the Vols in the fall and enroll at Tennessee this summer. Wide receiver Gerald Jones and All-American safety Eric Berry, both former high school quarterbacks, took snaps under center last year as well.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »

I just want to clarify that the Mike Rozier that is an option for QB at TN is NOT any relation to THE Mike Rozier, Heisman winner from NU.  His kid would be wearing red.

We had the same problem when Callahan came in... played favorites and the best players weren't starting.. that is what caused the team infighting.  Should be interesting to see how this is handled.  If he's smart Kiff will keep his mouth shut.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »

Frijole, from reading what's written in Sports Illustrated regarding it, I would agree Kiffin's actions toward Coleman are implying that.

I hope he finds a better program and certainly a better coach.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/04/23/tennessee-coleman.ap/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.