March 19, 2024, 03:46:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256340 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2009, 07:37:18 PM »

Poor Kiwi...mayb a change to RB would work out better. Just let him see a rabbit in the end zone, and he'll be unstoppable.

RR's teams at WVA were good, but not spectacular. I just never understood the hoopla surrounding him. I think MI would be better served letting him go and just starting over scratch with a new coach, but they have so much money invested in RR that its gonna be hard to admit it was a poor decision.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

I liked his comment that the passing stats will remain unchanged.  That is funny.  Well if you aren't a Michigan fan it is.  I just hope Rodriguez doesn't treat him like a dog.    oops.     That is some speed.  Must feed him some good snacks Dad.
My sources are saying that this will be it for Rodriquez, without a positive winning year. I'm not sure that Kiwi can turn this around. Just the jersey was tough to fit. Were still working on the helmet, its an NCAA rule.

helmets are tough, son has permanent marks on his temples from his 

What number will Kiwi be? Inquiring minds wanna know !

Son's in the gulf, his last day fishing before he starts summer school/football and he called so excited. He caught swordfish, grouper, and a king mackerel. Made his week  he so loves to fish.

Oh and Kiwi, he did make that 4.0 for spring 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »

Congrats to Nascar for driving home with a 4.0!!!!

That fishing trip sounds like a good time and a reward for all his hard work! I'm happy for him that he's catching a lot of fish!

My son loves to fish too, and last summer he went on a fishing trip to the wilds of Canada with his Dad and a bunch of his male relatives from that side of the family....some sort of male bonding ritual He had a blast....and....he caught the biggest fish! The pictures are so adorable of him with his big catch. 
I liked to go ice fishing when I was still married and went to No. MI in the winter, but that's about my limit.

Nothing new on the AU football front. We did beat Bama in 2 out of 3 games this weekend in baseball....at  Plainsman Park in Auburn. That was kinda nice.

Kiwi....what about all the money invested in RR? 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »

tell nascar i am really impressed.....4.0!!!! glad he had such a great time!!
my dad is  big time fresh water fisherman...poor guy...had 2 girls...he tried to take us but everytime we would go we wouldn't catch a thing except snag some moss!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

Wow pdh, you ice fish? That's hardcore girl, no wonder all the guys like you - football expertise plus she likes fishing !! 

Glad to hear your son loves it too, my father's first company was a boat company and although I liked to fish, my brother didn't. I think that was a big disappointment for my Dad but then my brother grew to excel at basketball and golf so I think that made up for it.

Of all the grandkids it's nascar who loves to fish the most, sad my father's not here to enjoy that. Well I have a photo, changed the face to protect the innocent but he cut up all of his fish except for the grouper (they ate that) and packed all in ice to bring home. He really does love to cook fish! So here he is with his swordfish.

Cuz, I bet you are fun to fish with nonetheless, everyone needs a party girl on the boat right? You should bring your Dad for a visit with us, I live a stone's throw from the largest lake in these parts!! I wish son liked freshwater fishing more but he's a diehard salt fisherman.

Hooray for Frijole's brother pulling of a big win this weekend, the underdog took it right Bean? 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2009, 03:17:29 PM »

Wow pdh, you ice fish? That's hardcore girl, no wonder all the guys like you - football expertise plus she likes fishing !! 

Glad to hear your son loves it too, my father's first company was a boat company and although I liked to fish, my brother didn't. I think that was a big disappointment for my Dad but then my brother grew to excel at basketball and golf so I think that made up for it.

Of all the grandkids it's nascar who loves to fish the most, sad my father's not here to enjoy that. Well I have a photo, changed the face to protect the innocent but he cut up all of his fish except for the grouper (they ate that) and packed all in ice to bring home. He really does love to cook fish! So here he is with his swordfish.

Cuz, I bet you are fun to fish with nonetheless, everyone needs a party girl on the boat right? You should bring your Dad for a visit with us, I live a stone's throw from the largest lake in these parts!! I wish son liked freshwater fishing more but he's a diehard salt fisherman.

Hooray for Frijole's brother pulling of a big win this weekend, the underdog took it right Bean? 
Nice fish! I'm planning on going offshore fishing next week in Tampa. Still I'll be happy to catch what your son used for bate.
Back to football. Hopefully, the amount of money doesn't determine if RR stays. I'm holding out hope that he turns things around at Michigan.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »

I hope you have a great fishing trip Kiwi!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2009, 07:54:19 AM »

This isn't a football article but a basketball one, I think it's very inspiring and wanted to share it. I know casa's Speedy and Nascar have appreciated the scholarships they were afforded, it's refreshing to see this young man's quest result in a scholarship but his future coach's comments are very candid and refreshing to hear.

I so hope other players and coaches are listening.......

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9614714/One-handed-hoops-star-lands-D-I-scholarship#tb/?gt1=39002

One-handed hoops star lands D-I scholarship

Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Kevin Laue knows what would happen if a college basketball team took a chance on him and he didn't pan out. Fans would wonder what the coach was thinking in using a scholarship on a center missing his left hand.

"It's a business," the 6-foot-10 Laue said. "Their jobs are all on the line. It's much safer to take a two-handed guy my size that got beat by me."

But Manhattan College's Barry Rohrssen figures coaches take chances all the time. He'd rather take one on Laue, whose left arm ends just past the elbow. So last week, the Division I school signed the center, and Rohrssen is confident his work ethic will rub off on other players.

"We take chances on kids who have poor academic histories, who have disciplinary problems both on the court and off the court," Rohrssen said Tuesday. "We give opportunities to players who don't appreciate them, who take them for granted. For all the right reasons, Kevin deserves this chance, and he should make the most of this opportunity."

A native of Northern California, Laue played a postgraduate season for Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia this year, hoping to impress college recruiters. Coach Fletcher Arritt said Laue averaged about 10 points and five rebounds, competing against many Division I prospects.

When Laue was born the circulation in his left arm was cut off by the umbilical cord. He uses his upper arm to help receive passes, and his large right hand allows him to easily palm the ball.

"He can run as well as anybody," Arritt said. "He can jump as well as anybody. You don't need two hands to block shots around the basket."

As the weeks went by, Laue was starting to wonder whether he would ever realize his dream of playing Division I basketball. He said Wofford and Colgate expressed interest but neither had an available scholarship.

"I still had faith," Laue said. "But I was at the point of being like, 'Man, when is this going to happen?"'

Rohrssen had been aware of Laue before he enrolled at Fork Union. The coach needed to recruit size with the graduation of the Jaspers' starting center, but what really worried him after wrapping up offseason workouts this month was his returning players.

"Some coaches may say, 'We need a shooter,"' he said. "My feeling was our team needed a stronger work ethic."

Manhattan contacted Laue just over a week ago. He signed with the team Wednesday.

"He possesses certain skills as a basketball player that are very good," Rohrssen said, "and he demonstrates qualities that will make him successful off the court in terms of in the locker room, on campus and in the classroom."

The Jaspers went 16-14 last season, 9-9 in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.

"Playing hard is a skill," Rohrssen said. "Doing it consistently is another skill."

Laue's story has already inspired many, and he knows that coming to New York will provide him with an even bigger stage. But he's confident his impact will be felt on the court, too.

"I'm a risk. Coach Rohrssen was willing to take it," Laue said. "He has no reason to worry."

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »

Nice story None.  Thanks for sharing.

What do you think of this?  Coaches poll going back to secret ballot in 2010.  I'm not following the logic that there will be less bias if its secret.   

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/05/27/poll.ap/index.html
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »

None that was a very nice story. I'll pass that one onto my son who is going through the teen zero motivation period.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »

Hi all I'm still in Tampa. We've been fishing everyday off the dock. Didn't go offshore but that didn't effect our success catching fish. Did land a nice size saltwater trout and a lot of bate fish. So where is everyone?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »

Hi all I'm still in Tampa. We've been fishing everyday off the dock. Didn't go offshore but that didn't effect our success catching fish. Did land a nice size saltwater trout and a lot of bate fish. So where is everyone?
We were all waiting for you!  Glad you are having fun down there in the sun. 

Less than 100 days til kickoff! ha.  Huskers signed their quarterback for the next class which is good.  No real news!? 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

Hi Bean & Kiwi-

Glad to see Kiwi's having a great vacation, offshore fishing isn't a requisite for having a fishing expedition - is son enjoying it with you?

Summer workout's are underway Kiwi but not much happening except for coaches tracking who is attending class and who's making daily strength training and running.

Bean glad to hear you landed that QB !!! wooohooo !!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »

Son had a great time and daughter too! Interesting with 5 teenagers in a minivan. Back home now and back to work. I'm glad to hear that they keep track of attendance. Ran into that problem with my two this year.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2009, 11:37:01 AM »

I'm thinking that Michigan is going to play without a QB this year. At least there won't be negative yards passing at that position. Of course, every play will be a running down. Will call it the spread run.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2009, 08:32:04 PM »

Tell you what Kiwi.....AU can lend you a QB1 if you'll lend us some Big Midwestern O-line players so we have depth at those positions...
We have many QBs, but not so many O-Line players ready to go if our starters get hurt.

Deal?

BTW...if you haven't been watching college baseball, you have missed some of the best games ever. Really great baseball. The Regionals and Super Regionals were so exciting! ASU has a pitcher from Australia that few hitters can figure out. he was amazing to watch.
The CWS starts this weekend. I can't wait!
So. Miss may be the dark horse......

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »

Interesting with 5 teenagers in a minivan.

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out....one by one....by a Mountain Gorilla using a pair of plyers.

I love my children, and they are good kids, but the teen years have not been my favorite time of parenthood. Can you tell?

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »

Montana makes commitmentUNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON...

http://washington.scout.com/

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2009320682_uwfb10.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »

KTFaith - congrats but this is rubbing salt in Kiwi's wounds! We need to help Rodriguez find a QB !!!

PDH  so being trapped in a minivan with 5 teens would be enough to push you over the edge?

Kiwi - you're a good soul, that drive wasn't for the faint of heart for sure. I remember driving seven 13 year old girls from GA to NC for UNC basketball camp. Van was packed so tightly we had to carry luggage on the roof and in a huge rainstorm some of it was blown over to the side of the interstate  I think it took me several weeks to recover from that one, but honestly I really enjoyed spending the week with them watching all of them grow and learn at the camp.

fyi, the coaches check the classrooms every single day, one prof let son's class go early and he gets a call from his position coach who said "so son having a good afternoon?"  Son was quick to relate that the prof had let them go early! Sad thing is one of our top offensive players doesn't show up for class even with the coaches monitoring it so closely. Have to wonder what's running through that kid's mind......

Son's running an additional 3 to 5 miles per day this summer in addition to his work-out's, his mid-point is the stadium and he runs up the bleachers like Rocky  I had to laugh at him. All grown up but still has his dreams. 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

KTFaith - congrats but this is rubbing salt in Kiwi's wounds! We need to help Rodriguez find a QB !!!

PDH  so being trapped in a minivan with 5 teens would be enough to push you over the edge?

Kiwi - you're a good soul, that drive wasn't for the faint of heart for sure. I remember driving seven 13 year old girls from GA to NC for UNC basketball camp. Van was packed so tightly we had to carry luggage on the roof and in a huge rainstorm some of it was blown over to the side of the interstate  I think it took me several weeks to recover from that one, but honestly I really enjoyed spending the week with them watching all of them grow and learn at the camp.

fyi, the coaches check the classrooms every single day, one prof let son's class go early and he gets a call from his position coach who said "so son having a good afternoon?"  Son was quick to relate that the prof had let them go early! Sad thing is one of our top offensive players doesn't show up for class even with the coaches monitoring it so closely. Have to wonder what's running through that kid's mind......

Son's running an additional 3 to 5 miles per day this summer in addition to his work-out's, his mid-point is the stadium and he runs up the bleachers like Rocky  I had to laugh at him. All grown up but still has his dreams. 

How are ya None?Nice to hear from ya!Kiwi is a Wolverine..I was at the UW VS Michigan game ,in Ann Arbor,when the Wolverines beat us on a last second field goal.So it will be hard to try and help Kiwi out.Michigan has a kid outta of our State,in offensive lineman Steve Schilling.I think we've given Kiwi enough!

Getting Nick Montana VS Jake Heaps,who is a local kid from Washington and rated as the top Quarteback in the nation is better in the long run!Heaps is a Mormon so it would have been tough to wrangle him away from BYU.O-12 doesn't help much either but things are looking up...Will be traveling to the Notre Dame/Washington Game this year....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.