March 19, 2024, 01:24:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256311 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2009, 05:17:32 PM »

Interesting with 5 teenagers in a minivan.

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out....one by one....by a Mountain Gorilla using a pair of plyers.

I love my children, and they are good kids, but the teen years have not been my favorite time of parenthood. Can you tell?
Pdh hmm that must be the reason I would drive 5 teens around Fla. My preference is drill and fill versus pulling teeth, but that's just my day job.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #401 on: June 10, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »

KTFaith - congrats but this is rubbing salt in Kiwi's wounds! We need to help Rodriguez find a QB !!!

PDH  so being trapped in a minivan with 5 teens would be enough to push you over the edge?

Kiwi - you're a good soul, that drive wasn't for the faint of heart for sure. I remember driving seven 13 year old girls from GA to NC for UNC basketball camp. Van was packed so tightly we had to carry luggage on the roof and in a huge rainstorm some of it was blown over to the side of the interstate  I think it took me several weeks to recover from that one, but honestly I really enjoyed spending the week with them watching all of them grow and learn at the camp.

fyi, the coaches check the classrooms every single day, one prof let son's class go early and he gets a call from his position coach who said "so son having a good afternoon?"  Son was quick to relate that the prof had let them go early! Sad thing is one of our top offensive players doesn't show up for class even with the coaches monitoring it so closely. Have to wonder what's running through that kid's mind......

Son's running an additional 3 to 5 miles per day this summer in addition to his work-out's, his mid-point is the stadium and he runs up the bleachers like Rocky  I had to laugh at him. All grown up but still has his dreams. 

How are ya None?Nice to hear from ya!Kiwi is a Wolverine..I was at the UW VS Michigan game ,in Ann Arbor,when the Wolverines beat us on a last second field goal.So it will be hard to try and help Kiwi out.Michigan has a kid outta of our State,in offensive lineman Steve Schilling.I think we've given Kiwi enough!

Getting Nick Montana VS Jake Heaps,who is a local kid from Washington and rated as the top Quarteback in the nation is better in the long run!Heaps is a Mormon so it would have been tough to wrangle him away from BYU.O-12 doesn't help much either but things are looking up...Will be traveling to the Notre Dame/Washington Game this year....
Thank you for the lineman. Don't feel too bad about the last second field goal, some times they miss them. How long ago was that game? Seattle is one of my favorite places! Plus, I always root for them in the PAC ten. We just don't root for USC.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »

KTFaith - congrats but this is rubbing salt in Kiwi's wounds! We need to help Rodriguez find a QB !!!

PDH  so being trapped in a minivan with 5 teens would be enough to push you over the edge?

Kiwi - you're a good soul, that drive wasn't for the faint of heart for sure. I remember driving seven 13 year old girls from GA to NC for UNC basketball camp. Van was packed so tightly we had to carry luggage on the roof and in a huge rainstorm some of it was blown over to the side of the interstate  I think it took me several weeks to recover from that one, but honestly I really enjoyed spending the week with them watching all of them grow and learn at the camp.

fyi, the coaches check the classrooms every single day, one prof let son's class go early and he gets a call from his position coach who said "so son having a good afternoon?"  Son was quick to relate that the prof had let them go early! Sad thing is one of our top offensive players doesn't show up for class even with the coaches monitoring it so closely. Have to wonder what's running through that kid's mind......

Son's running an additional 3 to 5 miles per day this summer in addition to his work-out's, his mid-point is the stadium and he runs up the bleachers like Rocky  I had to laugh at him. All grown up but still has his dreams. 

How are ya None?Nice to hear from ya!Kiwi is a Wolverine..I was at the UW VS Michigan game ,in Ann Arbor,when the Wolverines beat us on a last second field goal.So it will be hard to try and help Kiwi out.Michigan has a kid outta of our State,in offensive lineman Steve Schilling.I think we've given Kiwi enough!

Getting Nick Montana VS Jake Heaps,who is a local kid from Washington and rated as the top Quarteback in the nation is better in the long run!Heaps is a Mormon so it would have been tough to wrangle him away from BYU.O-12 doesn't help much either but things are looking up...Will be traveling to the Notre Dame/Washington Game this year....
Thank you for the lineman. Don't feel too bad about the last second field goal, some times they miss them. How long ago was that game? Seattle is one of my favorite places! Plus, I always root for them in the PAC ten. We just don't root for USC.

Enjoyed tailgating in Ann Arbor,Stadium was great except,we sat in the 6th row in the end zone and to get to the restroom was quite the Hike.. People were fabulous except for a chosen few which you typically get anywhere!Very excited to get back to Chicago and then take in the game in South Bend!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »

Here's a link to the article that talks about that game Kiwi.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=222430130

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out....one by one....by a Mountain Gorilla using a pair of plyers.

I love my children, and they are good kids, but the teen years have not been my favorite time of parenthood. Can you tell?
Pdh hmm that must be the reason I would drive 5 teens around Fla. My preference is drill and fill versus pulling teeth, but that's just my day job.

Honestly Kiwi...I had no idea you were a dentist!
I was not referring to you in any way, or calling you a Mountain Gorilla! I actually think a lot of gorillas, and their intelligence. I just don't think they'd be capable of sedation dentistry....

RR will have to come up with a QB1 at some point pretty soon. Somebody has to play that position......even if he just pulls in the water boy.

I'm almost sick with anticipation. No one knows what kind of team AU will have with all the changes. It's the BIG UNKNOWN.......

Lots of talent, but will the new coaches take advantage of that?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

nonesy.....Nascar's work ethic makes him a winner no matter what he does in the future. I hope he can fulfill any dream he wants. It sure won't be from lack of trying, or from being lazy and letting an opportunity slide by.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out....one by one....by a Mountain Gorilla using a pair of players.

Honestly Kiwi...I had no idea you were a dentist!
I was not referring to you in any way, or calling you a Mountain Gorilla! I actually think a lot of gorillas, and their intelligence. I just don't think they'd be capable of sedation dentistry....

RR will have to come up with a QB1 at some point pretty soon. Somebody has to play that position......even if he just pulls in the water boy.

I'm almost sick with anticipation. No one knows what kind of team AU will have with all the changes. It's the BIG UNKNOWN.......

Lots of talent, but will the new coaches take advantage of that?
Thanks for the gorilla comment, I haven't stopped laughing yet! None and Beans have known for awhile. You would be welcome to my email just ask them for it. Actually the Mountain Gorillas and myself have something in common we don't do sedation dentistry.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2009, 09:14:25 PM »

Sounds like it was a very good game. Back when both teams were a lot better! So great now I'm really depressed on how far they've gone, 3-9 last year.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »

Sounds like it was a very good game. Back when both teams were a lot better! So great now I'm really depressed on how far they've gone, 3-9 last year.

Sorry Kiwi! At least you won 3 games...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: June 11, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »

Sorry Kiwi! At least you won 3 games...

KTF... I hope that you get some lineman to protect that new QB recruit!  It should be interesting.  I flew out to the NU/WU game back in 97 I think it was.  You were ranked higher than us.  We beat the crap out of you and won a NC that year.  (sorry)  Anyway, it was the most I ever paid for a crappy seat.  $150 for a game in September!  Nose bleed section surrounded by purple.  I had the time of my life.  That stadium is awesome.  NExt time I'm watching from a boat though.

Seriously I knew when you hired Tip Toe thru the Tulips (Rick Neuheisel) that you were headed backwards.   I won't bring up Ty W.  Absolutely NO WHERE to go but up.  Recruiting can start with a marquis QB so you landed one.  Now that young kid needs to start making calls.  Good luck  We'll cheer you on for sure. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »

Very sad news from Auburn today.

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/richard-quick-dies/522918?icid=main|classic|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhouse.com%2Fnews%2Fmain%2Frichard-quick-dies%2F522918

Bama got a slap on the wrist from the NCAA today as well. 3 years probation and forfeits. Not really enough pain there to scare anyone into compliance
I guess the NCAA is still planning to let USC get by with publically flaunting the rules too. USC should really be in the NFL, since their players practically get a salary, and lots of financial perks.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:18 PM »

Thanks for the gorilla comment, I haven't stopped laughing yet! None and Beans have known for awhile. You would be welcome to my email just ask them for it. Actually the Mountain Gorillas and myself have something in common we don't do sedation dentistry.

I'm guessing you don't use pliers either.......

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »

Very sad news from Auburn today.

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/richard-quick-dies/522918?icid=main|classic|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanhouse.com%2Fnews%2Fmain%2Frichard-quick-dies%2F522918

Bama got a slap on the wrist from the NCAA today as well. 3 years probation and forfeits. Not really enough pain there to scare anyone into compliance
I guess the NCAA is still planning to let USC get by with publically flaunting the rules too. USC should really be in the NFL, since their players practically get a salary, and lots of financial perks.

Thank You for the link pdh3.My blessings go Auburns way!As a BIG time Husky fan USC shoulda been handled by the NCAA long ago.When Billy Joe Hobert took money back in the early 90's the Husky lost scholarships,Bowl ban for two years, as well No TV for two years.We got absolutely HOSED for one player!Really..The NCAA does not practice equality in terms of penalties and sanctions.... .Look at the academic fraud at Florida State.Widespread through the Athletic dept.We're talking academic FRAUD..What happens..OHHHHH..Forfeit wins from a year or two ago.. .The NCAA needs to get some cajones!!OK.Off the soapbox..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2009, 08:12:34 AM »

We all came with the same thought in mind.... not to report Bama's violation but to say WTH is going on with the USC investigation?  Total BS  I'm not letting Bama off but that was playschool activity compared to what has and does go on at USC. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »

The real issue with Bama is that the NCAA rules are very clear on repeat offenders. Bama is a repeat offender within the time restrictions, but the NCAA did not follow it's own guidelines when they handed those softer sanctions down to Bama.  It isn't fair to destroy  programs  like they did to Tulane and SMU, but ignore USC's violations and give Bama a meaningless punishment. If they are not going to enforce the rules fairly across the board, and if they are not going to follow their own rules in appyling sanctions, then just don't enforce them for anyone, and be done with it. The way the NCAA administers it's sanctions now are shameful. My issue is really with the NCAA. What a bunch of lily-livered cowards. Whoever is in charge of the NCAA should be...."vacated" too.
And if USC has to "vacate" their 2004 championship game victory that they should've been ineligible to play for in the first place, who gets the Championship title? AU was robbed of their opportunity to play in that game by that bunch of cheaters, so what will happen with that? They can't go back and replay a game.
OK lost badly, so will they give it to them anyway?
FSU should've been handed their heads years ago too. They've been playing dirty on and off the field for as long as I can remember.

It's just a big, disgraceful mess created by everyone involved.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »

Amen sister!  Very well put and so true, sadly.  There is no consistency at all.  Would love to investigate the investigators.   Monkey Devil!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

I can't remember when I've laughed so hard, you two are entirely too funny 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »

Pdh - sorry to hear of your coach's passing, so very sad.

I don't think anyone at Bama is worried about this probation and I'm still trying to figure out how the loophole around the text books became so large. Mal Moore needs to do his job.

That being said, universities make a mint off textbooks. Perhaps the issue lies there to a degree for I know three textbooks (even used) can run close to $500/semester. That's ridiculous particularly when students sell them back to the bookstore for pennies on those dollars. It's a racket.

I think the NCAA is really becoming a very public joke, particularly now that USC is proving their violations across sports beyond football. BBall coach just resigned......

I can see Bean in charge whipping those clowns at the NCAA into shape 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I can't remember when I've laughed so hard, you two are entirely too funny 

Kiwi is very good natured about my faux pas. It's never a good idea to infer that a Mountain Gorilla is preferrable to a dentist in doing that kind of delicate work.....especially not in front of a dentist who took a long road trip with 5 teenagers. That kind of travel experience just does something to a person......

I wonder if I'm gonna be invited into the Dog House this season.....what with the TV incident that one time, and now this Gorilla thing.  Somebody drive by Kiwi's and see if my blue and orange fainting couch is sitting by the curb.....

Maybe he'll miss my game-day jambalaya enough to overlook a few  things...

WDE!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »

I can see Bean in charge whipping those clowns at the NCAA into shape 

Thanks I think? 

When do I start?  Where do I go?  How much does it pay?  Grabbing whip now... 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.