March 19, 2024, 02:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256323 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »

I can see Bean in charge whipping those clowns at the NCAA into shape 

Thanks I think? 

When do I start?  Where do I go?  How much does it pay?  Grabbing whip now... 

Heck....I bet you'd do it for free. 

But beans...you own a whip? 

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: June 14, 2009, 04:35:48 PM »

Thanks I think? 

Shhhh... an angelic monkey

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: June 14, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

Thanks I think? 

Monkey Devil!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »

Thanks for the gorilla comment, I haven't stopped laughing yet! None and Beans have known for awhile. You would be welcome to my email just ask them for it. Actually the Mountain Gorillas and myself have something in common we don't do sedation dentistry.

I'm guessing you don't use pliers either.......

I can't remember when I've laughed so hard, you two are entirely too funny 

Kiwi is very good natured about my faux pas. It's never a good idea to infer that a Mountain Gorilla is preferrable to a dentist in doing that kind of delicate work.....especially not in front of a dentist who took a long road trip with 5 teenagers. That kind of travel experience just does something to a person......

I wonder if I'm gonna be invited into the Dog House this season.....what with the TV incident that one time, and now this Gorilla thing.  Somebody drive by Kiwi's and see if my blue and orange fainting couch is sitting by the curb.....

Maybe he'll miss my game-day jambalaya enough to overlook a few  things...

WDE!

I still just bust at the "mountain gorilla" term  Hey we need your jambalaya to take the edge off a loss !! 

I need to email you pdh, work is busy today but look for one - it's time to order jerseys for the team !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »

Thanks I think? 

Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2009, 07:58:33 AM »

I'm posting this here because I want to be sure cuz sees it, talk about teamwork 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2009, 09:16:11 PM »

Great photo none!
Cal Ful has gone home. Those AK kids really put the bad juju out there! Monkey Devil!

I'll watch for your email! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

Great photo none!
Cal Ful has gone home. Those AK kids really put the bad juju out there! Monkey Devil!

I'll watch for your email! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Sorry I missed that game!  PDH AK is Alaska!    You mean AR for Arkansas right?  Am watching them play LSU right now.  Not looking too good for our kids from AK/AR.  Dang.  LSU keeps hitting homeruns.  Bo Pelini twittered "Geaux LSU". 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »

I do mean AR! My tired brain gets ahead of my fingers sometimes. I was thinking Arkansas and typo'd a K.  AK is indeed Alaska, and they are not involved in the CWS!!!

Right now the Hogs are not in real good shape. LSU has them down by 8 runs in the bottom of the 7th. That LSU pitcher is outstanding!
Sorry cuz!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: June 16, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »

Because there isn't much to discuss... how about opening games of the season?  Less than 80 days guys.  Hat tip to Husker site (copying it from there).  I think the Bama vs VA Tech game should be the best one to watch.  Tough opener huh?

Sunday June 14 -- 11p et

80 days... 19 1/2 hours

College football's opening week key games (Thr-Mon)

** = major national game

Thursday Sept 3

6:30 pm North Texas Mean at Ball State
South Carolina at North Carolina State
** Oregon Ducks at Boise State
North Dakota State at Iowa State
Utah State at Utah

Friday September 4
Tulsa at Tulane

Saturday September 5

Charleston Southern at Florida
Western Michigan at Michigan
Navy Midshipmen at Ohio State
Akron at Penn State
Northern Iowa at Iowa
Florida Atlantic at Nebraska
Louisiana-Monroe at Texas
San Diego State at UCLA
Stanford atl Washington State
Nevada at Notre Dame
** Georgia at Oklahoma State
San Jose State at USC
** Baylor at Wake Forest
** Missouri at Illinois
Colorado State at Colorado
Northern Colorado at Kansas
** Brigham Young at Oklahoma
New Mexico at Texas A&M
North Dakota at Texas Tech
Massachusetts at Kansas State
** Alabama vs Virginia Tech
** Maryland at California
** LSU at Washington

Sunday September 6

** Mississippi at Memphis

Monday September 7

** Cincinnati at Rutgers
** Miami (FL) at Florida State

Top-5 of the week......

1) Alabama v Virginia Tech
2) BYU at Oklahoma
3) Georgia at Oklahoma State
4) Miami at Florida State
5) Oregon at Boise State
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »

Georgia at Oklahoma State

That's the game I think will be a good one. I think OK St. is gonna be a really good team this year, and GA is usually loaded with talent. I think OK St. could very well win that game.

Bama and VA Tech.....not so much, IMHO. Bama lost a lot of experienced players, so I'm not so sure that they've got the seasoning to beat V-Tech right out of the gate. I have no idea what V-Tech has. Beamer may be in the same boat. I'll have to research it.  It could be an ugly game.

Miami at FL St.?
Who are they kidding?  FL St. hasn't been good in the last 5 years, and neither has Miami.  Has anything really changed?
To top it all off, FL. St. may have those NCAA sanctions by then, and the internet gossip says it will be some pretty big blows. At the very least, that will be a cloud over their heads if the investigation is still going on. Who knows how that will affect the team......

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2009, 10:13:52 PM »

Georgia at Oklahoma State

That's the game I think will be a good one. I think OK St. is gonna be a really good team this year, and GA is usually loaded with talent. I think OK St. could very well win that game.

Bama and VA Tech.....not so much, IMHO. Bama lost a lot of experienced players, so I'm not so sure that they've got the seasoning to beat V-Tech right out of the gate. I have no idea what V-Tech has. Beamer may be in the same boat. I'll have to research it.  It could be an ugly game.

Miami at FL St.?
Who are they kidding?  FL St. hasn't been good in the last 5 years, and neither has Miami.  Has anything really changed?
To top it all off, FL. St. may have those NCAA sanctions by then, and the internet gossip says it will be some pretty big blows. At the very least, that will be a cloud over their heads if the investigation is still going on. Who knows how that will affect the team......

Alright - some football talk!  I've been scouting VA Tech because we play them 4th game of the season. 

They are preseason #5/6 lot of returning starters on a team that got progressively better after an awful start last season.  On paper they should be very good.  What I am hearing from people in VA is that something is amuck with the team.  Its a chemistry thing and they are very concerned.  Guess it was quite obvious at the spring game.  Perhaps its leadership that will come over the next few months but thats what I have read. 

Re OKIE State - agree they should be very good.  GA I know nothing about.

Miami vs FL ST opener is suicide.  ha.  You know when you play a rival anything can happen.  First game of the season?  INSANITY.  Could go either way.  But I will watch it!  Do you know we play Miami preseason in 2011/12?  Thank God Bo has time to get things going. 

Keep reading good things about WDE/Auburn's recruiting.  You have to be pleased with that.  Am watching Arkansas vs Virginia play tonight.  Looks like the Omaha coach that is a part of the CWS statue is going to get the W.  Tough because I like both these teams.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2009, 10:30:21 PM »

spoke too soon.  2 seconds after sending the last post Arkansas hit a 2 run homer to tie it in the 9th.  lots of good games this year.
JR CBB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2009, 07:24:56 AM »

JMO about Georgia, but this season they will go as the QB play goes. I know you can say that about every football team but its the truth about UGA. I think they have Joe Cox out in front right now for the starting QB role. Cox actually was the starter for a few games before Stafford took over. He is a very capable game managing QB, who knows the playbook inside out. In the future Aaron Murray will be there guy but with the unreal start to the season UGA plays I don't see them throwing a true freshman out there. There 1st 6 games go @ Okie State, South Carolina, @ Arkansas (don't sleep on them this year with Ryan Mallet), Arizona State, LSU, and @ Tenn. Talk about running the gauntlet At running back they are very deep but none of the running backs are use to being "the guy". Caleb King and Richard Samuel will be 1 and 2 i think. At WR obviously you have AJ Green, then Mikey Moore is a very solid WR who can fly. They have Marlon Brown coming in this yr as a freshman out of Memphis. If you haven't seen this kids youtube video I highly recommend it. He is a legit 6'5 ( his HS coach says he is 6'6 and having met him I would agree) and is about 215lbs. Orson Charles from Tampa is another good looking prospect who can play both WR and TE. He and Aaron Murray were HS teammates at Tampa Plant HS. There Oline should be one of the better ones in the SEC. On defense its business as usual, except they aren't as deep at DEnd as they normally are. And there kicker (i think his name is Walsh) is very very good. I am an SEC guy (Vol Fan) so take it for what its worth. I do think UGA is still one year away from being a BCS team.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2009, 07:55:04 AM »

JR CBB welcome!  Seems we have found another fanatic!  Lots of SEC fans here.  I would be interested in your take on the Vols given all the change.  All we read is about Lane's PR issues in recruiting.  All that aside - do you have any idea of how they will do this year?  I felt that firing Fulmer was premature and that the team wasn't all that bad - probably would have focused on position personnel first but... Anyway, my opinion is that the player talent was there.  So the question is what realistically can we expect year one as they have to learn the new system?  Thanks!
JR CBB
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »

Thanks for the welcome! I would call it a successful season if Tennessee got to 8 wins. Our starting QB Crompton has looked good this spring but he looked good last spring to so I'm going to tamper my expectations for him. Last year he couldn't complete a pass, but part of that was the offensive system our previous OC had. I would put Tennessee's running backs up against any in the SEC. Tennessee landed (according to Rivals.com) the number 1 overall player in Bryce Brown and the number 1 all purpose back David Oku. Montario Hardesty will be a Senior and is a very good running back. Tennessee is going to a zone blocking skeem this season. The WR's are solid but not the most explosive group. The oline returns 4 starters. On defense it will be hard to be better than last year (I think we finished in the top 5 in defense in the FBS) and doing that with one of the worse offenses in the FBS is fairly impressive. Tenn is thin at Dtackle but the starters are very good. This year will be the deepest Dend has been in years.Linebacker is a question mark Tennessee lost 3 of its top 4 LB's from last season, but the secondary should be one of the best in college football. There isn't a defender in college football I would take over Eric Berry. I am looking forward to seeing what Monte Kiffin and Ed Orgeron can do!  At the end of the day Tennessee will loose to Bama, Florida, and have close games against UGA, Ole' Miss, Auburn, S.Carolina, and UCLA. To many things are still unknown to predict how the season will unfold. Either way there is a buzz and a swagger in Knoxville that hasn't been there since the 2001 season!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »

Welcome JR!   It's good to see a TN fan again!

There are several SEC teams with big question marks. Lots of new coaches, and new energy this year, so it should be another rough and tumble SEC football season!

Just FYI on the FSU situation....it's looking ugly.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/06/18/ncaa-remains-firm-on-florida-state-bowden-must-vacate-14-wins/

Now the NCAA needs to move on to USC and punish them like they have the other teams that were in violation. USC, who not only broke the rules on a regular basis, but flaunted it in everyone's face.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »

No kidding.  Wonder what is taking so long?     Time to pay up USC. 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »

i have enjoyed catching up the last 10 days....much needed vacation including no internet has me rested up and ready to get back in the game..lol, ,pun intended here!!! kiwi and pd really started my day out yesterday with a chuckle!!! thanks for the pic none.....i have really enjoyed the baseball games (except for the 2 lsu games) see baseball thread for more thoughts!!!
jr...welcome...you sound like a coach...going to give this group a boost...now you need to get boc back on the tenn band wagon!!
as far as ryan mallett.....he is projected as 1-A starter and tyler wilson as 1-B at qb. in fact ryan broke a finger so may end up losing a little of his edge? he certainly is getting a lot of hype(sorry...kiwi...i know him leaving michigan has left your qb spot up in the air)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #439 on: June 22, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »

Cuz- I hope Ryan plays well for you. His experience should help. He wasn't the right fit for the spread offense at Michigan. Ryan was recruited and played for a offense they don't have now. At his age he should have the freedom to go to school and play for Arkansas. Michigan will find the QB they need, just hopefully in my life time!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.