March 19, 2024, 04:04:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256345 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: August 26, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »

Hi GO, great to have you back and I'm hopeful you'll be around for the season.

pdh, today was his first day of class but I sent you an email with a link and a photo today. Nascar's ready for the season to begin 

I haven't heard anything about Speedy but expect his 'mom' is busy with back to school duties too?

cuz, I agree to an extent that we revere athletes too much and therefore they have a measure of narcissism and entitlement - but I also have sat in the stands with too many parents unfortunately, who do not value doing the right thing as much as some of us do. So I think it's more complex and that we can't expect every program's coaches to fill all of those gaps. At what point are they 'men', capable of policing themselves? I don't have the answers but I know we have some missing links contributing to some of this.

Thanks for the excel schedule Bean, that's great to have and I'd forgotten it!

First games will be here before we know it, I wonder if Kiwi could use a good soak for those paws about now? It's a demanding job being QB 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 26, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »

Agree, we need a Speedy update.  Hope he is healing fast and still gets the Hawaii trip.

KTF thanks for the articles.  Agree with PDH we expect you to upset USC for us ok?  Not too much heat.   

Re Florida... I predict there will be an upset, probably by a team that isn't expected to come close to beating them.  This is too similar to the 90s when we were expected to go for our 3rd NC.  Went to Tempe and got beat early.  It was like the only loss in 3 yrs.  They got cocky.  All the hype.... it can happen "on any given Saturday in the fall". 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:12 AM »

pd...tommy t was the guest speaker at the little rock touchdown club the other day. very entertaining!! sounds like he is enjoying watching his son's last season of high school ball and looking forward to the espn thing but sounds like he might be looking for a coaching job come december. he was asked about the 2 times he was linked to the ark job and he said the closest he came was 1998 when he sat down with frank broyles. of course they went with houston nutt at that time but tt said he thought at the time.....if you get fired from your home state where do you go then?? got a big laugh from the crowd!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: August 26, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Gotta love Tubby! He's just a great guy. But I do see now that we needed a change at AU. Tubby gave it all he had to give. I will always respect him, and I think he's the best coach we've ever had. Maybe Coach Chizik will be as great or better...I sure hope so.
Somebody will get a great coach when he decides to jump back into the fire...

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »

I have an update from casa on Speedy, I'll cut and paste it here for you:

Son says that he can tell the rehab is helping.  He is in less pain, but the crutches are hard to walk on.  He went for a checkup Monday and the doctor says 5 more weeks on the crutches, but he should be able to drive in about two weeks.  His roommate who is also a wide receiver on the team is helping him a lot as well as other teammates.  That made me feel better to know that!  If he keeps improving he will probably get to go to Hawaii.  He is handling it very well, but he has his moments when it makes him sad.  He sent me a text message the other day that said, "Mom, I still can't believe I have to miss the whole season."  That is when I want to cry, but my instincts kick in and I try to encourage him as much as I can!  Keep the prayers coming please!  He truly appreciates all the monkeys support!!!  I know he will come out of this a stronger person and more determined next year to make the most of his physical abilities and talent! Thank you all!

So we have to keep our prayers coming for Speedy, he's in that tough place where it's so much hard work with rehab and his team taking the field soon and he's missing not being able to run with them. Finger and toes crossed he gets to go to Hawaii, he deserves to!!!

Go Speedy 

pdh - check your email, ok? Sent you a photo

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

one more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None thanks for the update on Speedy.  I hope he knows we are praying for him. 

Get ready for the season.  Can you feel it?!!! This song is perfect at getting ya pumped up.... enjoy... smash mouth days are ahead of us.  May your team play well and stay healthy.

http://www.sportslush.com/media/984/Husker_Football_Can_You_Feel_it_2009/
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »

Well training is going great. Paws are very sore. I've noticed that Michigan is keeping it quiet about Kiwi being the 4th QB. She may even start.  All kidding aside, our prayers are out there for Speedy. Keep getting better!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:28 AM »

Kiwi, I think we should start posting about your QBing skills on the rivals boards  I was checking some of the posts for our team last night and good lord, some fans don't need much info to take a leap and run with it? 

I've got to head down to see Nascar today, leaving shortly. Someone sideswiped his car in the parking lot, the estimates he got were sky high so I brought the car home and got it fixed for less than half. So I guess not everyone gives football players freebies? 

One week from today I'll be driving down for kick-off  I'm so excited !

Bean - I love the Husker song, I know you're so excited ! How many games will you make this season?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »

one week from today!!!! 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »

one week from today!!!! 

don't laugh but i cannot figure out how to make the fonts bigger.  ha.  anyway... none, you are such a good mom.  how exciting to see nascar play... as American as apple pie.   

sorry about that music video... wasn't meant as a Husker thing... I just think that song "Can you feel it" put to video of fans screaming and helmets crashing is invigorating!  ha ha ha

we play Florida Atlantic first.  Howard Schnellinberger has got to be 80.  This is his building project and he gets the talented kids that perhaps couldn't qualify at other Florida schools... so there is talent and speed.  They burned a big "N" at a bonfire this week.  LOL  Love it.  Huskers were wondering if we should burn an owl (their mascot) but decided against it.

lots of coaching changes so that will be fun to see... trying to remember... we have lane kiffin, obviously gene chizek (WDE), kardashian (Go Huskies), syracuse (good luck), iowa state (good luck)

gotta go get some work done.  enjoy the last weekend before season!  (and clean the house cuz neglect is in the future!) 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »

gotta go get some work done.  enjoy the last weekend before season!  (and clean the house cuz neglect is in the future!)

OH MY GOSH!!! That's exactly what I'm doing! I've been busy all morning doing stuff, and I'm trying to get my house in shape so I can enjoy COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! I've got my TV strategy all planned out.....

I can't wait until Thurs. night!

6 days until COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!   

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: August 29, 2009, 04:21:45 PM »

great minds.... 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: August 29, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »

Lookey what I found!  Enjoy all!

College Football On TV For Week (9/3-9/7)

Thursday, September 3rd
South Carolina at North Carolina State 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
North Texas at Ball State 6:30 p.m. ESPNU (HD)
DII: Central Washington at Minnesota Duluth 7:00 p.m. (CBSC / FSS / FSNO) (HD)
Eastern Kentucky at Indiana 7:00 p.m. BTN (HD)
*Utah State at Utah 8:00 p.m. MTN
*Oregon at Boise State 9:15 p.m. ESPN (HD)

Games that haven't been scheduled for nationally available networks so far.
Coastal Carolina at Kent State 6:00 p.m. TBA
North Dakota State at Iowa State 7:00 p.m. Mediacom (Cable - IA, IL, MN, SD, and WI)
Troy at Bowling Green 6:00 p.m. BCSN
Villanova at Temple 6:00 p.m. TBA
Western Illinois at Sam Houston State 6:00 p.m. SLCTV

Friday, September 4th
Tulsa at Tulane 7:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Central Arkansas at Hawaii 11:59 p.m. Oceanic PPV (HD)

Saturday, September 5th
*Akron at Penn State 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
Appalachian State at East Carolina 11:00 a.m. MASN / WITN (cable) / ESPN-GP?
Kentucky vs. Miami Ohio (Cincinnati) 11:00 a.m. ESPNU (HD)
Liberty at West Virginia 11:00 a.m. SNY / ALT / ESPN-GP / ERTV (cable)
Minnesota at Syracuse 11:00 a.m. ESPN2 (HD)
Montana State at Michigan State 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
*Navy at Ohio State 11:00 a.m. ESPN (HD)
Northern Iowa at Iowa 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
Toledo at Purdue 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
Towson at Northwestern 11:00 a.m. BTN (HD)
Western Kentucky at Tennessee 11:21 a.m. ESPN-GP *2 / SEC Network *4
Portland State at Oregon State 1:30 p.m. FSNW (HD)
Baylor at Wake Forest 2:30 p.m. ABC *1 / ESPN2 *7 / ESPN-GP *2
*Georgia at Oklahoma State 2:30 p.m. ABC *1 / ESPN-GP *2
Illinois vs. Missouri (St. Louis) 2:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Jackson State at Mississippi State 2:30 p.m. ESPNU (HD)
Nevada at Notre Dame 2:30 p.m. NBC (HD)
*San Jose State at USC 2:30 p.m. FSN (HD) / FCS Atlantic (cable)
Western Michigan at Michigan 2:30 p.m. (ESPN2 *7 / ABC *1) (HD)
Stanford at Washington State 5:00 p.m. FSNW (HD)
**BYU vs. Oklahoma (Arlington) 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Charleston Southern at Florida 6:00 p.m. (FSS / FSSW / SUN) (HD) *6 / ESPN-GP *2
**Florida Atlantic at Nebraska 6:00 p.m. FSN PPV
*Louisiana-Monroe at Texas 6:00 p.m. FSN PPV
Louisiana Tech at Auburn 6:00 p.m. ESPNU (HD)
Missouri State at Arkansas 6:00 p.m. ESPN-GP *2 / PPV (AR & MO)
Northern Colorado at Kansas 6:00 p.m. FCS Central (cable) / DirecTV - 617
Northern Illinois at Wisconsin 6:00 p.m. BTN (HD)
Wofford at South Florida 6:00 p.m. SNY / BHSN
Indiana State at Louisville 6:30 p.m. ESPN-GP *2 / (ERTV / WHAS) (cable)
San Diego State at UCLA 6:30 p.m. FSW (HD) / FCS Atlantic (cable)
Western Carolina at Vanderbilt 6:30 p.m. ESPN-GP *2 / CSN (B / C / E) / CSS (cable)
*Alabama vs. Virginia Tech (Atlanta) 7:00 p.m. ABC (HD)
Idaho at New Mexico State 7:00 p.m. ALT / ESPN-GP / Aggie Vision / GVN
Buffalo at UTEP 8:00 p.m. CBSC (HD)
Idaho State at Arizona State 9:00 p.m. FSAZ (HD) / FCS Pacific (cable)
Maryland at California 9:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD)
*LSU at Washington 9:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)

Games that haven't been scheduled for nationally available networks so far.
Alcorn State at Southern Miss 6:00 p.m. TBA
Army at Eastern Michigan 6:00 p.m. TBA
Central Michigan at Arizona 9:00 p.m. AWSN
Chowan at Old Dominion 5:00 p.m. COX / Comcast, VA
Connecticut at Ohio 6:00 p.m. ESPN 360
*Jacksonville State at Georgia Tech 12:00 p.m. ESPN 360
Middle Tennessee at Clemson 5:00 p.m. ESPN 360
Mississippi Valley State at Arkansas State 6:00 p.m. TBA
Monmouth at Colgate 5:00 p.m. Time Warner
New Mexico at Texas A&M 6:00 p.m. TBA
Nicholls State at Air Force 1:00 p.m. TBA
North Dakota at Texas Tech 6:00 p.m. TBA
Northeastern at Boston College 1:00 p.m. ESPN 360
Northwestern State at Houston 6:00 p.m. TBA
Presbyterian at Furman 4:00 p.m. WMYA-TV
Rice at UAB 3:00 p.m. CSS
Richmond at Duke 6:00 p.m. TBA
Sacramento State at UNLV 9:00 p.m. TBA
Samford at Central Florida 5:00 p.m. BHSN
Southern at Louisiana-Lafayette 6:00 p.m. TBA
Southern Illinois at Marshall 3:30 p.m. TBA
Stephen F. Austin at SMU 7:00 p.m. TBA
The Citadel at North Carolina 5:00 p.m. ESPN 360
UC Davis at Fresno State 9:00 p.m. TBA
UMass at Kansas State 6:00 p.m. TBA
Weber State at Wyoming 2:00 p.m. TBA
Western Oregon at Eastern Washington 2:00 p.m. SWX-Spokane
Western State at Montana 2:00 p.m. CW-Montana
William and Mary at Virginia 5:00 p.m. ESPN 360
Youngstown State at Pittsburgh 12:00 p.m. TBA

Sunday, September 6th
Grambling vs. South Carolina State 1:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD)
*Ole Miss at Memphis 2:30 p.m. ESPN (HD)
*Colorado State at Colorado 6:00 p.m. FSN (HD)

Monday, September 7th
Cincinnati at Rutgers 3:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
***Miami at Florida State 7:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)

* - Denotes USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll team playing in game
* - Denotes Game of Interest
* - Denotes Game of the Week

# *1 = Regional coverage, check the ABC coverage maps where linked.
# *2 = Check ESPN's GamePlan's Black-out Schedule or GamePlan's TV Schedule for black out locations.
# *3 = Follow the links at Raycom Sports to check for regional coverage (formerly JP / LFS), HD where available.
# *4 = SEC Network regional coverage.
# *5 = ERTV (ESPN Regional TV) or ESPN-Plus broadcasts are on local cable systems.
# *6 = SEC games on FSS may also be on SUN and FSSW (cable only in AR and LA).
# *7 = Reverse Mirror = Out of market ABC coverage for the Big Ten game will be on ESPN or ESPN2. The other game will be on ABC in its region, on ESPN or ESPN2 in the Big Ten region, and on GamePlan everywhere else..

Name__________Network

ALT - Altitude Sports & Entertainment
ALT2 - Altitude Sports & Entertainment
BTN - Big Ten Network
BYUTV - BYU Television
CBSC - CBS College Sports Network (CSTV)
CSCA - Comcast Sports Network California
CSNB - Comcast Sports Network (FSBA)
CSNC - Comcast Sports Network Chicago
CSMA - Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic
CSNE - Comcast Sports Network New England
CSS - Comcast / Charter Southeast Sports
CST - Cox Sports TV (Cable / ERTV)
ESPN - ESPN (HD)
ESPN2 - ESPN2 (HD)
ESPNCL - ESPN Classic
ESPNU - ESPN University
FSAZ - Fox Sports Net Arizona
FSCN - Fox Sports Net Cincinnati
FSD - Fox Sports Net Detroit
FSFL - Fox Sports Net Florida
FSMW - Fox Sports Net Midwest
FSNO - Fox Sports Net North / Minnesota
FSNW - Fox Sports Net Northwest
FSOH - Fox Sports Net Ohio
FSPI - Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh
FSPT - Fox Sports Net - Prime Ticket (West 2)
FSRM - Fox Sports Net Rocky Mtn
FSS - Fox Sports Net South
FSSW - Fox Sports Net Southwest
FSW - Fox Sports Net West
MASN - Mid-Atlantic Sports Network
MSG - Madison Square Garden
MSG+ - MSG Plus (Was FSN NY)
MTN - Mountain West Sports Network
NASN - North American Sports Network
NESN - New England Sports Network
NFL - NFL Network
SLCTV - Southland Conference TV (cable)
SNY - SportsNet New York
SS - Sports South (formerly Turner South)
STO - SportsTime Ohio
SUN - Sunshine Network
Versus - Versus (Formerly OLN)
YES - Yankees Entertainment Sports

Source: lsufootball.net
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: August 30, 2009, 03:07:08 AM »

OK...here's my Saturday plan......keep in mind that I have 3 TVs with full access cable ::MonkeyLaugh
App State and ECU in the morning if I can get it, then I'll catch GA and OK ST, which will probably be a great game. Of course, I'll flip back and forth to keep an eye on the MI game so that I can see Kiwi make his QB1 debut...and more importantly to me...the evening belongs to the AUBURN TIGERS!!!!!!!! WDE!!!!
I'll also be checking into the Bama game and finish off with the LSU-Washington game...

I get chills just thinking about it....

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »

By reports, it sounds like Michigan has not put its problems behind it yet....  Players seem none to happy.....

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »

By reports, it sounds like Michigan has not put its problems behind it yet....  Players seem none to happy.....

I just saw that too GO, here's the article up on Rivals about it - this is not a good sign. Particularly after Kiwi's made his paws raw with his efforts in camp 

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-michigan-ncaa&prov=ap&type=lgns

Report: Michigan players allege NCAA violations

DETROIT (AP)—Several Michigan football players claim the program regularly violates NCAA rules limiting how much time they can spend on training and practice sessions, according to a published report.

Players from the 2008 and 2009 teams told the Detroit Free Press for a story published on the newspaper’s Web site on Saturday that the amount of time they spend on football activities during the season and in the offseason greatly exceeds the limits. The players spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity because they feared repercussions from coaches.

Coach Rich Rodriguez and the university’s compliance director, Judy Van Horn, both denied that the football program was violating NCAA rules.

“We know the practice and offseason rules, and we stay within the guidelines. We follow the rules and have always been completely committed to being compliant with all NCAA rules,” Rodriguez said in a written statement to the newspaper.

Van Horn said her department conducts “in-person spot checks of practice during the academic year and summer. We have not had any reason to self-report any violations in this area with any of our sports.”

NCAA rules allow eight hours a week for mandatory workouts during the offseason. However, players told the newspaper that they spent two to three times that amount on required workouts.

The players also said the amount of time they spent on football activities during the season exceeded the weekly limit of 20 hours and often exceeded the daily limit of four hours.

They also said quality-control staff often watched seven-on-seven offseason scrimmages that are supposed to be voluntary and that only training staff are allowed to attend.

The Free Press said five of the 10 current or former players it interviewed gave similar accounts of how the program is run and a sixth player confirmed most of the descriptions. Other players gave a general idea of the program. None disputed the allegations, the newspaper said.

The players acknowledged they had signed forms stating NCAA rules had been followed and had not told the university’s compliance department about their concerns. One player told the Free Press that athletes would get in trouble if they didn’t sign.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »

OK...here's my Saturday plan......keep in mind that I have 3 TVs with full access cable ::MonkeyLaugh
App State and ECU in the morning if I can get it, then I'll catch GA and OK ST, which will probably be a great game. Of course, I'll flip back and forth to keep an eye on the MI game so that I can see Kiwi make his QB1 debut...and more importantly to me...the evening belongs to the AUBURN TIGERS!!!!!!!! WDE!!!!
I'll also be checking into the Bama game and finish off with the LSU-Washington game...

I get chills just thinking about it....

Loooong day PDH 

I know you're a big App State supporter and I think that one will be on ESPN, I heard that game is at noon because that was the time they could get ESPN to schedule/film it. I'll be watching your Tigers with you !! Let's hope they have a blast of a season opener 

I hope I don't have to work all of Friday and Sunday so that I can be really ready for the season opener but I have a feeling.........that I'll have to work. Working today hoping to get ahead, fingers and toes crossed.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »

This is going to be tough because App State coach is a former Husker,.  Boy.... Nascar, only for you and your mom will Icheer against a Husker.  Go Nascar!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:54 PM »

I do like App. State, and they have an outstanding football program for a small school......but this time I think I'll have to be for ECU.....
It wasn't even a close decision...
I'll be a Pirate in the morning, and a Tiger at night, and I'll try not to get confused in-between

I wish I could see the Huskers in their opener, but that game isn't coming on in my area. I'll have to settle for game highlights.....

A little sumthin' sumthin' on Ryan Perrilloux over at Jacksonville State.....He's in his senior season, and Jax State is expected to do very well in their conference. Maybe a new environment, and closer supervision has helped him to straighten out some. He hasn't been in any big trouble lately. If Jax State plays well, several of their games could be televised. Right now, I think one or two are set to be on ESPNU just because they have him, and because they are supposed to have a great team. Some are saying Jax State could play for the Div. II championship game. If they do....I'll try to go.

And please......no bad juju because I posted this!!!! Monkey Devil! GO GAMECOCKS!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »

NO BAD JU JU FOR ANY OF US PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bean and PDH thanks, I appreciate it as will he  I can attest that they aren't over confident going into this one, or the coach.

I hope our season openers are all wins but if not, I hope Kiwi is ready for a looonng day with us perching in his dawghouse. I'll make some consolation cupcakes just in case we need a sugar rush - but hope we won't need them.

Go teams   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.