March 18, 2024, 10:51:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256291 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: September 06, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »

I don't want to forget to give some kudos to the Washington team.  I just knew LSU would landbast them and they did NOT.  Washington came out to play and kept it close.  Way improved over seasons past.  Good job.

Kiwi - can't wait to see the game photos.   

PDH didn't see any of your game so am curious as to how it went.  Cuz same thing.  None, thanks for the update.  Give Nascar a big high five and hug.

Our team is YOUNG.  Bo played young players over seniors because they earned the spots.  WOW.  We have 2 seniors on offense and 4 on defense.  I think 80 starters are either TRUE freshmen or RSHT freshmen.  They played well.  They looked just like a Pelini team.  ha ha ha We are under the radar right now which is good.  Things to shore up before we play VA TECH game 3. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: September 06, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »

I woke up happy, and then I saw this. I hate it for David, but I'm praying he will land on another team and have a revival of his career.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/05/super-bowl-xlii-hero-david-tyree-cut/?icid=main|main|dl4|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fnfl.fanhouse.com%2F2009%2F09%2F05%2Fsuper-bowl-xlii-hero-david-tyree-cut%2F

On to college football.......

Nonesy! We are so proud of Nascar!!!! They ended up showing some other game here, so I didn't get to see his game. I called my cable company and raised a ruckus.....I did not care about Syracuse and MN. 

Bama and VaTech.....I really disliked the pace of that game. I didn't think either team had the stuff, and if VTech hadn't shot itself in the foot with late in the game penalties...who knows? But I never do think VTech lives up to the hype. They almost get there.....but not quite. I think Bama may have a similar season to last year, from the looks of it.

I feel so bad for OK. Their season is in disarray already. I hope Sam Bradford can heal quickly, but I hope he doesn't play before he's ready. He can play on Sundays, so he should take care of his future too. He's in a bad position.

AU- LaTech........
LaTech always comes prepared to play, they have great game plans, and they give us all we can take....until about the 3rd quarter. Then the differences start to show, and they can't hang on. I have immense respect for them, and Derek Dooley is a heck of a coach!
But the main thing about last night 's game was this ...AU IS BACK!.  WE HAD GREAT PLAYS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!! We looked like the Auburn Tigers again! I was so relieved to see that. We had some killer penalties, and a few issues to iron out, but we are out of the fog now! How far back we've come still remains to be seen, but we are not as lost as we were last year, and I really loved what I saw. Kodi Burn scored a TD, and I was so happy to see him play a vital offensive role. It was a fun game!

USC .......a vastly inferior opponent, so not much to comment on there.

LSU and Wash.....I fell asleep in the early 3rd quarter so I don't even know who won. Dang it!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: September 06, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »

Beans - great news about the Huskers! I haven't even seen the highlights of that game yet, but I'll try to catch some today!

So....the fallen are:
OK
Ga
VTech
Oregon

Did I miss anybody else who was ranked?
OK was the only surprise to me.

BTW...UAB beat Rice..... Go Blazers!!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: September 06, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »

Given what they did last year I assumed VATech vs Bama would be about defense and whichever team could get it going on offense would win.  True to style, Beamer made up for yards with turnovers and special teams.  If he could just get some offense going they would be great.  Must be frustrating for them.  Close but yes they blew it.  Bama looked tough.  But they didn't score a ton either.  Course it is game one. lol.

OK State got the big win and I am happy for them.

Missouri really surprised by looking sharp both sides of ball with a starting QB, new OC and new DC and lots of young players.  They beat Illinois soundly.

Another team to watch is Baylor!    That QB of theirs is the real deal.  They beat a good Wake Forest team in the opener.  None of us in the Big 12 are looking forward to playing them this year.  Nice to see a program improve.

PDH glad to get the update and that things are already showing improvement.  The W is huge for the psyche too. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: September 06, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »

Beans - great news about the Huskers! I haven't even seen the highlights of that game yet, but I'll try to catch some today!

So....the fallen are:
OK
Ga
VTech
Oregon

Did I miss anybody else who was ranked?
OK was the only surprise to me.

BTW...UAB beat Rice..... Go Blazers!!!!!

Just wanted to say there are alot of teams over ranked that should go out of the top tiers as well.  Ohio State is one.  Iowa should not be rated at all this week.  Can't remember who else but you know how I feel about rankings this early.. ridiculous.  ha. 
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: September 06, 2009, 02:15:53 PM »

well....let's just say razorback fans are ecstatic!!!  ::MonkeyCheer2::here is the difference between last year and this year. first kickoff last year was fumbled away.....first kickoff this year was returned 91 yards for a td....what a way to start the season!!! plus we had a record game of total passing yards....440+!!! our ex-michagan qb is the real deal!!! plus our number 2 is nothing to sneeze at. both qb's played equal amounts to equal the passing total. plus we had 8 different running backs!!!! plus we have at least 6 to 8 amazing receivers!! our offense is awesome.....just wish the defense was as good!!!
congrats to everybody....looks like only person in the doghouse will be keep the faith...but don't worry your team looked great and i am sure will have a great year!!! kiwi....you have been holding out on us...poor michigan...right!!!!! Monkey Devil!
none....i am so proud of nascar....his first td!!!! tell us more...i want details!!!
bean....so glad you are excited about your team..after the last couple of years you deserve it!!
one really downer for our game....we had 3 kick-offs go out of bounds...nothing like giving your opponent the ball on the 40 yard line...better get that fixed...like now!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: September 06, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »

Congrats on the win cuz!
Sounds like the Hogs are back in the chase too! Just what we need in the SEC....more teams with talent....

Ohio State may get their hineys handed to them next week, ranked or not. They play USC. I hope they can correct their mistakes, put together a decent game plan, and send the Trojans home with their designer underwear in tatters.....

I'm watching Ole Miss and Memphis. I'm not sure if playing Memphis will give me a good enough chance to assess the Rebels, but maybe it will. I don't know much about the Tigers football program because it's usually overshadowed by their very successful basketball program. So far....it's been Turnover City!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: September 06, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »

snead was kind of a bust today....commentators keep saying he started out that way last year and came on fast the second half of the season. so we will see. ole miss is going to win and their schedule is the easiest of the sec within in the sec....no florida...plus 3 big ones at home.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: September 06, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »

ha....spoke to soon...snead must have heard me...two td's in the last 2 minutes...over 200 yards now!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: September 06, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

Memphis was good in spurts, but they sure did make it easy for Ole Miss. I just can't tell if Ole Miss is the real deal for sure, but they do look better than they have in years.
MSU looked better too.
Lots of rebirth in the SEC this weekend. TN. looked very good, and we face them this year. UH OH!

FL vs Troy next week.... Those Alabama Trojans have guts.....I'll give them that. I hope they give the Gators a good run.

Did Wisconsin win?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52:05 PM »

Yes I believe Wisconsin won.  I knew I was forgetting someone!!!  Sorry GO     congrats

Colorado looking like total crap against Colorado State.  Their fans are so classy they just booed their own team off the field at halftime.  Same people that urinate on us when we visit.  Nice group.  Hawkins promised 10 wins this year.  WOW.  Good luck with that.

Face it - until we play a few games and against stronger teams we really don't know what we "got".  I consider the first few games scrimmages.  Everyone get comfy and get rid of the jitters.  Then bring it on. 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: September 08, 2009, 09:10:05 AM »

anybody watch the florida state/miami game last night? best game of the season so far....back and forth..came down to the last second!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:20 PM »

Okie State -- #5 AP!! 

I have tears in my eyes!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »

cuz - that was a good game! I missed the last quarter though.

wreck -  I like OK. State too!  Congrats to them!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: September 08, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Thanks!! We have never been in the Pre-season top 10 and opened with a solid win against a good SEC team in Georgia! Let's see if we know how to respond and keep it going!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: September 08, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »

Thanks!! We have never been in the Pre-season top 10 and opened with a solid win against a good SEC team in Georgia! Let's see if we know how to respond and keep it going!

Wreck... good to have a Big 12 Brother on the board.     We have been cheering your team for the past 2 years! ha.  Looking good.

I am sure you don't care much for OK but my heart goes out to them for losing 2 critical players.  Read they lost another to academics as well so they will be scurrying.  I'd rather beat them at full strength.   

Cuz, yes the FL vs Miami game was fantastic.  They always play close. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: September 08, 2009, 11:01:04 PM »

Wreck... good to have a Big 12 Brother on the board.     We have been cheering your team for the past 2 years! ha.  Looking good.

I am sure you don't care much for OK but my heart goes out to them for losing 2 critical players.  Read they lost another to academics as well so they will be scurrying.  I'd rather beat them at full strength.   

Cuz, yes the FL vs Miami game was fantastic.  They always play close. 
I grew up having never misssed an OU home game (all the way through HS). My mom went to OU -- my Dad went to OSU. All 4 kids in my family went to OSU -- mom was PO'd!!  Monkey Devil!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »

Yes I believe Wisconsin won.  I knew I was forgetting someone!!!  Sorry GO     congrats

Colorado looking like total crap against Colorado State.  Their fans are so classy they just booed their own team off the field at halftime.  Same people that urinate on us when we visit.  Nice group.  Hawkins promised 10 wins this year.  WOW.  Good luck with that.

Face it - until we play a few games and against stronger teams we really don't know what we "got".  I consider the first few games scrimmages.  Everyone get comfy and get rid of the jitters.  Then bring it on. 

Guess that depends upon how you define winning.  We had more points at the end of the game.  This should have been a scrimmage the entire game.  Instead we needed to hang on and almost blew it at that.  Not very impressive at all.   I was at a wedding this past weekend so I didn't really get a chance to watch any of the games.  Congrats to the winners.  Hopefully, I can get more into the season in the coming weeks.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »

GO - good to see ya.  Hopefully the team will get better w/time. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2009, 09:48:54 PM »

It's great to see you GO! Maybe Wisconsin can clean up some things this week. At least their mistakes didn't cost them a win.

wreck - I became a fan of OK St. when your young coach defended his kids and blew a gasket at that presser about 2-3 years ago. I have been a staunch admirer ever since, and he's proven that my gut feeling about him was right. I never really paid that much attention to the Cowboys football team until then. I've followed the basketball team for quite a few years. He has certainly OK St. on the map, and it's been fun watching him build a team!

AU has a few things to address, but I watched the re-run of the game tonite, and they were pretty good! A few stupid penalties that need to stop, but everything is working again, so we should have a decent year.

OK had such promise. I hope they can overcome these setbacks, and still have a great season.

That Bama kid that acted so ugly during the game has a history of bad behavior. It's disappointing that he acted that way. I really do hope Little Nicky isn't building a Univ. of Miami North with thugs for players....he's gonna be so bad for Bama in the long run.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.