March 19, 2024, 02:41:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256327 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: September 26, 2009, 11:46:57 PM »

Bean what a shot of your stadium, wow, are you going to the game today?

I am so out of the loop, leave it to me to travel to Chicago for work and get sick as a dog. Seems half our team caught the flu last weekend along with me. Swine flu is rampant here too but thank heavens I didn't have that - just regular flu so bad I had to crawl to my room Weds night. Anyway, flew home late yesterday but can't make the game. Nascar has been as sick or sicker than me, likely since he missed one work-out that he won't be allowed to play today. We'll see.

I haven't had time to check who all of you play so I'll make a blanket I hope you win, win, win statement and hope I can catch up later. Honestly I am going to lie down now..........whew this is some kinda flu.

sorry to hear that you were not feeling well....   i did see that your son did play.... hard to keep our kids down....   hope you feel better

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: September 27, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »

Can ya'll believe all these top ten teams going down?!
I'm scared to be in the top ten right now!!!
Really exciting game for Bama today although we lost one of our best linebackers in Don'ta Hightower. He injured his knee.
I have to say I'm really happy for V Tech. They are a really good team this year. Plus I can't stand Miami 
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Glad you liked the photo.. I saw some of your game though I was watching VA TECH game because I wanted them to win.  We had them beat and blew it.  Still hurts.  We held their QB to MINUS 22 yds rushing.  Our defense was on fire.  Miami was over-rated.

And like you said the top ten.. well it is a joke!  Actually maybe even the top 20.  The media picks their "darlings" and sways votes.  There should be no voting until October and they should have to watch the games!  At least the highlights! lol. 

Bama is fine.  You do have some tough games ahead of you.  Your d is just great.  You win a championship one game at a time so just keep winning.  Bama has earned the ranking.  Others... not to much.  But they are getting exposed.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: September 27, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »

Good evening Football Monkies! Just got back in town!

You got the W!   
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #783 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

None- Hope you and NASCAR feel better. Reminder Kiwi's Dawghouse comes with a special virus filter for those watching their favorite teams.
Congrads to Texas, Bama, LSU, Auburn, NASCAR, Georgia, Wisconsin, Tenn, Oklahoma State and Big Red Nebraska!
I just want to let you all know that Michigan stole the luck of the Irish. In no way should they be in the top 20. I do have to admit the freshman look raw for now and I'll take the wins even though each game has been a flip of a coin. So who's up next?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: September 27, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »

Can ya'll believe all these top ten teams going down?!
I'm scared to be in the top ten right now!!!
Really exciting game for Bama today although we lost one of our best linebackers in Don'ta Hightower. He injured his knee.
I have to say I'm really happy for V Tech. They are a really good team this year. Plus I can't stand Miami 
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Glad you liked the photo.. I saw some of your game though I was watching VA TECH game because I wanted them to win.  We had them beat and blew it.  Still hurts.  We held their QB to MINUS 22 yds rushing.  Our defense was on fire.  Miami was over-rated.

And like you said the top ten.. well it is a joke!  Actually maybe even the top 20.  The media picks their "darlings" and sways votes.  There should be no voting until October and they should have to watch the games!  At least the highlights! lol. 

Bama is fine.  You do have some tough games ahead of you.  Your d is just great.  You win a championship one game at a time so just keep winning.  Bama has earned the ranking.  Others... not to much.  But they are getting exposed.

I think we had this discussion last year.  I agree, don't rank the teams until at least the first four games are in.  Then take a look at conferences, quality of opponents etc...   Gee doesn't this mean that the Badgers would be out of contention for the national championship???    Yesterday I ran into a sports talk show on TV with the speculation that Cincinnati could be playing in the championship game.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: September 27, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »

None- Hope you and NASCAR feel better. Reminder Kiwi's Dawghouse comes with a special virus filter for those watching their favorite teams.
Congrads to Texas, Bama, LSU, Auburn, NASCAR, Georgia, Wisconsin, Tenn, Oklahoma State and Big Red Nebraska!
I just want to let you all know that Michigan stole the luck of the Irish. In no way should they be in the top 20. I do have to admit the freshman look raw for now and I'll take the wins even though each game has been a flip of a coin. So who's up next?

Don't know who is next, but I'll meet you at the doghouse Nov. 14th and we can see who squeezes out.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: September 27, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »

Kiwi, I saw that... that was an awful call. But you won as a result so I guess take it.  Sucks though.  In this day where technology can review plays it makes no sense for these things to happen.  Big 12 officials reviewed our VATech game and admitted they made 2 bad false start calls on the drive where we were on the 6 ready to score.  Players didn't move they turned to hear the QB both times.  Well.. nice to know that now.  Oh well.. at least they admitted it? lol

Auburn got the W - cool.  Hadn't seen the score.  Same with NASCAR.  .  CONGRATS ALL
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: September 27, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »

Saturday was a day to pay tribute to our crazy fans who fly and drive in from around the country to attend home games even when it is icy, snowing etc.  There were tribute videos by Switzer, Alvarez, Tommie Frazier, Keith Jackson and many more.. but this was done by the University for the fans.

It was played AFTER the game.  No one left.  There were fireworks.  Ignore the ad at the beginning... it begins with Bob Devaney and the song "Our House" by CSN&Y.  If you love college football you will like this regardless of who you cheer for.  GO BIG RED.

http://www.huskers.com/newMediaPlayer/consolewmp.htm?id=650821&SPSID=&type=vod&CLIP_ID=640657&DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=&DB_MENU_ID=&oemid=100&CLIP_FILE_ID=650821
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: September 27, 2009, 12:55:49 PM »

Oh my gosh the Cal Bears really choked today    I'm heartbroken. 

I don't know how Coach Tedford is going to rally the troops for the USC game next week. 

Last week, really really happy!  This week, really really sad!  If this keeps up I'm going to need Prozac.  At the least.

I know exactly what you mean, after Auburn's last season. I moved on to Klonapin. I did leave Kiwi's Dawghouse a mess though. My nerves were shot!
Cal just had an off night. These kids are still young, and they make mistakes and lose games they shouldn't. It sure is hard to watch sometimes.
I think Cal could be a better team than USC, so maybe they'll come out ready to prove something. Timing has a lot to do with winning as much as talent sometimes.We're all gonna be pulling for Cal to win!

GO BEARS!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: September 27, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »

Gosh none! I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. And Nascar too. I hope you all feel better today! Maybe it's a good if Nascar didn't play. Look what happened to Tebow.
The Gators all had the flu, and they were not playing at 100%. Some of the kids were on the sidelines throwing up.
Tebow might've been able to move a little faster if he'd been completely well.....who knows? They were blowing out Kentucky even with the flu, and I think the 'Cats were humiliated. That was a really hard hit he took.
I did wonder why he was still playing, even before all the criticism of Urban Meyer started. I think TT wants to win another Heisman, so he was padding his stats.
FL has this next weekend off, so TT will be fine and ready to play when he needs to. He sure has a big target on his back, so maybe he needs to forget stats and leave the game when it's all but over and he's winning.

Congrats to all who won! It was an exciting day!

South FL is back and wreaking havoc. That team is something else.

Cinncinati may be a pretty decent team, but they don't have a seriously challenging schedule. No one who knows anything about football will accept them as championship caliber in the BCS.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #790 on: September 27, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »

Good evening Football Monkies! Just got back in town!

You got the W!   
Yeah -- it WAS Grambling though!!  Monkey Devil!  Our starters only played the first half and we had 3 pre-season All-Americans out (RB- Hunter, WR-Bryant, and CB- Cox).
I DO feel better about our loss to Houston and our win against Georgia.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »

We have a Bye week -- time to heal up. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: September 27, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »

Wreck.. I had read you had 3 starters out but knew you were playing "lite" so it was a good time for injuries if there is such a thing.  Who you got next?

We too have a Bye.  We play Missouri next on a Thursday night AWAY.  We too need time to heal.  Have a QB with something wrong with his thumb, several with ankle injuries, some turf toe and one we are waiting to hear about.. probable ACL season ending.  Shame too cuz this kid is a season.  He's the one that ESPN did a special on - he's from Compton CA and lived in a real bad hood filled w/gangs.  Lost 2 bros and a cuz to gang shooting in a year or something like that.  Like to see him finish strong and stay in the midwest away from that crap.

Did you watch the Missouri/Nevada game on Friday night? 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: September 27, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

GO thanks for your kind words, yes son actually did play after all and my nephew and daughter convinced me they could help me, they drove us down. I'm still pretty weak but I sat in the handicapped section with my mother which was good for it was a covered area and we did have some light rain at the end. I don't know how Nascar played for he had a fever over 100 most of the week plus horrible headaches and nausea, he was gasping for breath at times yesterday but he did have a really good game. We won but can't say it was our best but hopefully the team will continue to improve.

pdh - we did watch the end of your game we were pulling for you to win !

Cuz I know you'll rebound from the loss, sounds like McElroy just had one of those really outstanding days. We all know for QB's those aren't so frequent as we'd all like.

Bean who did you play this weekend? Sorry but my brain is still fuzzy.......

Kiwi thanks and great to see your team flying so high, it must be all of that endurance course work Kiwi put them through 

wreck congrats to you !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: September 27, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »

Bummer... Stud Baylor QB Robert Griffin out for season with a torn ACL.  Backup QB is day to day with shoulder injury during same game AND they also lost another key starter to torn ACL.  Rough game.  http://baylor.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=994346

None, glad you were able to go to the game... didn't even see a score but we had a night game... Take the W and hopefully son will be back to normal soon!  This season is scary with the flu.  Can't imagine playing sick.

We played Univ of LA. Lafayette and won 55-0.  First shut out since 2006.  3rd stringers were in and it was great to see them fight just as hard as starters for the shut out. 

GO had a nice win I see - I watched a bit of that game.  They were already ahead by quite a bit when I tuned in.

PDH we didn't get your game but yee haww FOUR AND O BABY.  Flying under the radar... can't wait to see you guys beat up a ranked team.  WDE

Cuz..nothing to be ashamed of...Bama is a good team.  Whos up for you next?  You had a real tough series I remember.  When does it lighten up?   

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: September 27, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »

yes none mcelroy had a great game but to be honest our defense stinks!!! the offense has been so exciting but bama's defense totally demoralized them! congratrs, spooky....your tide looks like the real deal! i am very bummed....hopefully we will be perked back up this sat. we play texas a&m at jerryworld!!!! wish i could go and see not only the game but that amazing stadium. with jerry jones being from ark he is really excited to have his alma mater coming to town.
i think tim tebow was in trying to break herschel walkers total rushing td's?? they were down on the goal line but no reason for him to be playing with the score up there like that...he could have broken the record next week....i hope he is ok!
boy lsu eeked out a win barely against miss state!!!
i enjoyed the houston/texas tech game last night too!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: September 27, 2009, 11:16:16 PM »

I watched the MSU-LSU game, and MSU played a really great game. They are getting better the more they play. I actually thought Dixon got over the goal line and scored, even though they technically didn't get the TD from the refs. Dan Mullen's team will be one to watch. They are gonna beat somebody on down the line in the SEC, and I'm glad we're done with the Bulldogs from MSU. They have a great defense.

Nonesy - Hope you're all better.

beans - Great view of your stadium. What a sea of Husker Red!

We are 4-0, but  we're just about to get to the toughest part of our schedule...SEC teams.  TN is next...in Knoxville.
We need better defense and special teams. 
I hope the Dawg House has a big supply of tissues and sedatives and comfort food....

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: September 28, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »

Wreck.. I had read you had 3 starters out but knew you were playing "lite" so it was a good time for injuries if there is such a thing.  Who you got next?

We too have a Bye.  We play Missouri next on a Thursday night AWAY.  We too need time to heal.  Have a QB with something wrong with his thumb, several with ankle injuries, some turf toe and one we are waiting to hear about.. probable ACL season ending.  Shame too cuz this kid is a season.  He's the one that ESPN did a special on - he's from Compton CA and lived in a real bad hood filled w/gangs.  Lost 2 bros and a cuz to gang shooting in a year or something like that.  Like to see him finish strong and stay in the midwest away from that crap.

Did you watch the Missouri/Nevada game on Friday night? 
We have A&M next.  I think we will be full strength again. It is crazy again this year.... who knows if we will be back in the picture again!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #798 on: September 28, 2009, 12:49:25 AM »

I thought the CornHuskers would rank higher due to the VA State results. I think these losses will look better in the "big picture"!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: September 28, 2009, 07:16:28 AM »

I thought the CornHuskers would rank higher due to the VA State results. I think these losses will look better in the "big picture"!

If you look at the ratings there are more discrepancies than not... It is obvious that the voters don't watch the games.  Iowa went from unranked to 17th?  They beat an over rated PA ST team.  Thats just one example.. ridiculous.  I'm doing my best to ignore it for now... Good luck with A&M...they typically suck.  We'll see how they do this week against Arkansas.  GL with that Cuz!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.