March 19, 2024, 04:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256352 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: September 29, 2009, 07:11:10 AM »

Prayers going out to USC RB in serious condition after a freak accident in the weight room.  Eqpt fell on his neck crushing his larnyx.     He had surgery yesterday.  Whole thing sounded just awful.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #801 on: September 29, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

I thought the CornHuskers would rank higher due to the VA State results. I think these losses will look better in the "big picture"!

If you look at the ratings there are more discrepancies than not... It is obvious that the voters don't watch the games.  Iowa went from unranked to 17th?  They beat an over rated PA ST team.  Thats just one example.. ridiculous.  I'm doing my best to ignore it for now... Good luck with A&M...they typically suck.  We'll see how they do this week against Arkansas.  GL with that Cuz!
17th is a little too much. In their defense, I watched the Penn St game and they were extremely solid for at least that game. Maybe Zero penalties on offense no movement at all. Not the strongest offense, but the most disciplined last weekend. Michigan on the other hand couldn't even get set with the loss of a center. Side note even Bama had troubles with penalties getting set. (I'm not saying that they wouldn't have killed Iowa, penalties and all.) Still its too soon to tell if they really are that good.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #802 on: September 29, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

Prayers going out to USC RB in serious condition after a freak accident in the weight room.  Eqpt fell on his neck crushing his larnyx.     He had surgery yesterday.  Whole thing sounded just awful.
Prayers here. Wow just don't like to here about those kinds of things. Someone must have acted quickly to keep this from being a fatality.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: September 29, 2009, 07:08:54 PM »

Prayers here. Wow just don't like to here about those kinds of things. Someone must have acted quickly to keep this from being a fatality.

Yeah there was a trainer/eqpt person right there and he said in his 25 yrs he had never seen anything as freakish.  I will spare you the gory details but it was very bad.  Read he came thru surgery ok.  they had to rebuild his vocal chord and he wont be able to speak for at least a year.  Awful.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: September 29, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »

Wow....that poor kid. It is a miracle he wasn't killed. I guess that's why everyone working out with weights needs to have a spotter. I'm certainly putting him in my prayers. I can't imagine not being able to talk for a whole year.

Work has been so relentless that I'm way behind on football this week. AU must be the only 4-0 team that isn't ranked. But that's OK. The rankings are meaningless until later on anyway. We can just keep on winning while under the radar.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: September 29, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »

Wow....that poor kid. It is a miracle he wasn't killed. I guess that's why everyone working out with weights needs to have a spotter. I'm certainly putting him in my prayers. I can't imagine not being able to talk for a whole year.

Work has been so relentless that I'm way behind on football this week. AU must be the only 4-0 team that isn't ranked. But that's OK. The rankings are meaningless until later on anyway. We can just keep on winning while under the radar.
Good to see you.  FWIW I know you are four and zero.  Go get em girl.  You have a tough one this week right?  My memory is awful.. sorry.  I think this is one of those years where there are no real predominant teams.  Even FL isn't as great to me this year... maybe Im just used to their style.  lol.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: September 29, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »

Now I remember... Auburn plays TN.  WDE!!!!!!

Win that one and you will be ranked.  And worshipped by all in the SEC.   
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #807 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:19 PM »

Yes win that one and CBB will never make you a Halloween avatar! Sorry, I'm pulling for AU, they should be ranked more so than us.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: September 29, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »

Kiwi, CBB has a kind heart and a short memory 

I think the only teams who truly benefit from these early high rankings are the USC's and I think it's possibly hurt some like Bama in years past.

I agree pdh, go bury those Vols and you'll be ranked and we'll take whatever ranking with a grain of salt for we know those aren't always based upon accuracy. That said, Kiwi I'm glad you're being able to enjoy a season for it has been years..........

what is going on???? I am watching dancing with the stars and the trojan marching band is there???  Do a little dance, make a little love, tonight ? KC & the Sunshine?????   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! with goofy lettermen in DWS sweaters???

Golly !!!

I was going to post how very sorry I was to hear of USC's RB having such a terrible accident.....another one of my worries. Nascar has a sprained ankle so I'm already worried overtime, much as I tell myself not to worry so much - I ultimately do.

Just like last night, the box is jumping around when I try to post. I guess I need to let Klaas know this is going on........

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »

Tell Nascar to get well!!!  Glad to know I'm not the only one with the jumping box.  It doesn't start until you post a few lines.  Like right now it isn't but if I typed a long one like you just did it always moves.  Drives me nuts.  Anyone want to see a good old fashioned butt kicking - Colorado plays West VA on Thursday night.  Trust me, WV will win big.  Sad thing is Colorado took out a 4 million dollar LOAN to pay off Gary Barnett and they can't afford to fire Hawkins.  (who just got an extension go figure...) 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: September 29, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »

Tell Nascar to get well!!!  Glad to know I'm not the only one with the jumping box.  It doesn't start until you post a few lines.  Like right now it isn't but if I typed a long one like you just did it always moves.  Drives me nuts.  Anyone want to see a good old fashioned butt kicking - Colorado plays West VA on Thursday night.  Trust me, WV will win big.  Sad thing is Colorado took out a 4 million dollar LOAN to pay off Gary Barnett and they can't afford to fire Hawkins.  (who just got an extension go figure...) 
I can fix that!!
In IE8 go to "Tools" > click on  "Compatability View" > then check the box that says "Display all Websites in Compatability View"

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: September 30, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »

I can fix that!!
In IE8 go to "Tools" > click on  "Compatability View" > then check the box that says "Display all Websites in Compatability View"
thanks!!!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: September 30, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »

I can fix that!!
thanks!!!!!
YW!  (I think this is post #5000 for me! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: September 30, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »

congrats on 5000 Wreck... (post whorx)   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: September 30, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »

congrats on 5000 Wreck... (post whorx)   
I'm knockin' on Klass's door!  

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: October 01, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »

congrats to wreck !!!

I think it's looking like weather might be a factor in some games this weekend. GO when do the snow showers start up your way?

Not much news out there this week but I had a question. How many concussions has Tebow had to date? With this last one I had thought this was #3? I may be incorrect though. I know that the rule of thumb from a safety standpoint is that a player who has had 3 concussions is likely risking brain health........?

off to work........Hi-Ho

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: October 01, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »

Just read that it is his first.  Here is the link.  Kind of surprising given the way he runs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4516919
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: October 02, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »

Anyone watch the game last night?  Neither WV nor COL deserved a win... that was some sloppy football... not a good reflection of coaching on either side. 

We are off this week and my sis is coming in from AZ so I wanted to be sure to wish everyone a lot of luck this weekend.... 

KTF - did you see this yet?  Seems like Oregon might reinstate the player Blount who threw that punch.  Not sure this is a smart move... what you think???   

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-oregon-blount&prov=ap&type=lgns
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: October 02, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

Anyone watch the game last night?  Neither WV nor COL deserved a win... that was some sloppy football... not a good reflection of coaching on either side. 

We are off this week and my sis is coming in from AZ so I wanted to be sure to wish everyone a lot of luck this weekend.... 

KTF - did you see this yet?  Seems like Oregon might reinstate the player Blount who threw that punch.  Not sure this is a smart move... what you think???   

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-oregon-blount&prov=ap&type=lgns
I'm usually not one to support the wayward athlete........... but, I tend to give a lot of forgiveness to the COLLEGE athlete who goes on a one-time "idiot spree" and did not commit a criminal act like a robbery or an assault on a girl or something.  Just my 2 cents!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: October 02, 2009, 06:54:53 PM »

I'm usually not one to support the wayward athlete........... but, I tend to give a lot of forgiveness to the COLLEGE athlete who goes on a one-time "idiot spree" and did not commit a criminal act like a robbery or an assault on a girl or something.  Just my 2 cents!
Instead of a "lot" of foregiveness........ I probably mean a "little more" foregiveness! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.