March 19, 2024, 02:59:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256330 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »

I understand what your saying wreck... here's where I have issues with this.  First off, as a coach if you kick someone off the team to prove a point and let your standards be known you don't back track later when you have lost games... you look stupid.  (granted he is a rookie)

What concerns me more isn't the hit the guy threw... it was his absolute out of control frenzy after that.  Did you see the coaches that had to struggle to contain him from hitting the fans?  THAT kid has real issues.  There were problems before this with the kid.  He was either on probation or had been counselled before...

I agree that some of these kids have no father figures and coaches are the closest thing they have... but sometimes problems require professional help and thats how this looks to me though I could be totally wrong.  (Ask Tom O about Lawrence Phillips... ugh.)

Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Meantime.... who is playing this week?  Tell us the scoop.  What is going on?  Auburn going to beat some Vols butts?  Arkansas gonna beat up on A&M...

What about Miami vs Oklahoma?  I gotta cheer for OK.  I think they'll win.  It will be close though I'd guess.  USC get beat again?  Can LSU beat a decent team or are they overrated?
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: October 02, 2009, 11:06:44 PM »

I understand what your saying wreck... here's where I have issues with this.  First off, as a coach if you kick someone off the team to prove a point and let your standards be known you don't back track later when you have lost games... you look stupid.  (granted he is a rookie)

What concerns me more isn't the hit the guy threw... it was his absolute out of control frenzy after that.  Did you see the coaches that had to struggle to contain him from hitting the fans?  THAT kid has real issues.  There were problems before this with the kid.  He was either on probation or had been counselled before...

I agree that some of these kids have no father figures and coaches are the closest thing they have... but sometimes problems require professional help and thats how this looks to me though I could be totally wrong.  (Ask Tom O about Lawrence Phillips... ugh.)

Guess we'll see how it turns out.

Meantime.... who is playing this week?  Tell us the scoop.  What is going on?  Auburn going to beat some Vols butts?  Arkansas gonna beat up on A&M...

What about Miami vs Oklahoma?  I gotta cheer for OK.  I think they'll win.  It will be close though I'd guess.  USC get beat again?  Can LSU beat a decent team or are they overrated?
I wasn't going to bring up Lawrece Phillips..... now THERE'S a guy with problems. I really can't say Osborne looked real good with that situation! I just don't know if I put Blount in the Lawrence Phillips category!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: October 03, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »

Oh No! Poor Nascar!  Sorry to hear about the ankle. God Bless that boy! I'll have him in my prayers too.

Good Luck to all who have teams playing tomorrow! I'll be cheering for everyone...except any TN fans.

I'm sorta nervous, and I don't want any bad juju to hit Knoxville and land on my Tigers, so I'm just trying to focus on my gametime food....and not do any trash talking.....
Our schedule gets tough now, so we'll probably lose a few games. I don't think we can go unbeaten in the SEC. Almost no team can do that anymore. We may have been the last ones to do it in 2004...not sure about that though. Tim Tebow is trying to have a perfect season this year. That's why he came back one more time. He's never had that, and he wants it as much as he wants any other honor. He's a great kid, and I hope he makes it, if it's not us he's playing in the SEC Championship game.

LSU is still a great team, but they lost a lot of players and they are in a reloading situation. Lots of talent, but rough around the edges yet. And Ryan Perilloux let them down. He should've been their experienced Senior QB1, and instead he's playing for Jacksonville State! But make no mistake about it.....they are always a tough team to put away. AU is usually so beat up after playing LSU that the next game we play after them is almost impossible to win because of lingering exhaustion. Injuries pile up on both sides. They play very rugged football down on the bayou, and they lay it all out there on the field.

I hope Cal can send the Trojans spinning on out into Loser Land so that we don't have to hear about them anymore. Go Bears!

The AU-TN game will be on at 6:45 Central time on one of the ESPN channels. Please send us all the good football mojo you can!
WAR EAGLE!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: October 03, 2009, 06:51:10 AM »

Well I think we're all pulling for the bears, aren't we?  Monkey Devil!

Bean I would have sworn that Tebow had a previous concussion, oh well.

I just hope all of our monkey teams have great games today. I'm sad that because of stupid work that I can't make son's game, so tired of work taking over my life and it's not like we always have next season either. I guess the one benefit is no one can hear what I scream at the TV?

pdh - my nephew is going to the AU vs UGA game, he posted it on facebook he's so excited.

Son's ankle seems okay, he's still got leftovers from the flu too but then half of our team has had the flu in the last two weeks.

I will definitely be watching out of one eye for all of the games I can get on TV for our monkey teams today and tonight. I have my rolling laptop cart already set up in front of the big screen, making chili this morning and cheddar bread. 

I did hear from casa and her Speedy had a wonderful article in the newspaper, I forgot to ask her if she wanted it posted........if she does, I'll come back and post it for everyone sans his name.

Go Monkey Teams 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: October 03, 2009, 09:06:43 AM »

Go teams go!  Good luck to all.  May your wins all be healthy and hard fought.

PDH a special WDE shout out.

Go BEARS!!!

Enjoy the day.  It has turned cold here and I have 5 yr old and 8 yr old soccer games to go to this morning.   
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: October 03, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »

So sorry you can't go to the game nonesy! I know you'll be there in spirit though! Nascar will feel it from miles away!  My daughter had the swine flu in May, and it took her a month to feel better. She lost a lot of weight, and she felt weak for a long time. I hate to think of those kids playing football while still recovering. I can't imagine how they do it. Those are some tough kids!

Go Nascar! Have a great game!

It's nice to hear some news about Speedy. I hope he's recovering well.

Considering his style of play, and the fact that he's been an SEC QB1, it's a miracle Tim Tebow has stayed as healthy as he has. It's an even bigger miracle because he started playing as a freshman, and the whole FL game plan is built around him. Amazing! He is one strong, resilient young man.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #826 on: October 03, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »

I root for ANYONE playing Notre Dame!!  Go Huskies! 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: October 03, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »

none:   saw the results of today's game.....  congrats.....      Some real close games today... we tried to give it away again this week.. We just couldn't quite do it.   So we get to keep the axe.     

Not going to see the games later today because this is symphony night.  good luck to all who are playing later.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: October 03, 2009, 05:28:51 PM »

Huskies 17-16 at half! Keep it up! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: October 03, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »

Georgia up on LSU and Washington up on Notre dame -- life is good!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #830 on: October 03, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »

none:   saw the results of today's game.....  congrats.....      Some real close games today... we tried to give it away again this week.. We just couldn't quite do it.   So we get to keep the axe.     

Not going to see the games later today because this is symphony night.  good luck to all who are playing later.

Thanks GO. I hope your team can learn from this one and regroup, it seems every conference with the exception of a very few, have so many wildcard games too. We pulled it off but still have such a weak offense in 2nd half of every game. That said, Nascar had a great game despite some horrible officiating, stats don't tell that whole story at all. I had to join a conference call for work the last 5 mins of the game and I nearly said "I quit" I was so perturbed 

Kiwi, sorry about that loss for I didn't expect that one to happen buddy. I've got plenty of chili and cheese bread, I'll share.

boy I'm in shock at the end of the UGA vs LSU game, really this late upset is a shocker. I was so hoping UGA had it nailed with 1 minute on the clock......geez !

pdh going to be cheering your team on !!! Have to work tonight but at least I can type documentation and flow charts and still watch TV 

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: October 03, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

Hello from Louisiana......

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: October 03, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »

oh Mere 

LSU has a fine win to take back to the bayou and road wins are always special.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: October 03, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »

Sorry, Mere! Being from Okie Stae -- I cannot root for Les Miles!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »

congrates to nascars teams none....did he get to play????
georgia/lsu was a great game!!! both teams deserved to win!
disappointed washington lost to notre dame....thought they had it!
okl/miamiturning out to be a really good game!
i think i  can breath a sigh of relief  2 min to go hogs ahead 47 to 19 over the aggies. all around game for our team for a change defense really improved this week....but aggies offensive line must not be very good!!!
i read the article on speedy in our paper this week....really nice!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: October 03, 2009, 11:40:44 PM »

Thanks GO. I hope your team can learn from this one and regroup, it seems every conference with the exception of a very few, have so many wildcard games too. We pulled it off but still have such a weak offense in 2nd half of every game. That said, Nascar had a great game despite some horrible officiating, stats don't tell that whole story at all. I had to join a conference call for work the last 5 mins of the game and I nearly said "I quit" I was so perturbed 

Kiwi, sorry about that loss for I didn't expect that one to happen buddy. I've got plenty of chili and cheese bread, I'll share.

boy I'm in shock at the end of the UGA vs LSU game, really this late upset is a shocker. I was so hoping UGA had it nailed with 1 minute on the clock......geez !

pdh going to be cheering your team on !!! Have to work tonight but at least I can type documentation and flow charts and still watch TV 

I'm not sure it is a matter of regrouping.  Some players need to get their head in the game.  We were up by two scores with 3:00 and driving from the 9 for a touchdown.  The back fumbles and they run it back all the way.   We come down and score quickly and then the defense allows them two plays for 85 yards... Wild finish.  We at least recovered the onside kick.     

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #836 on: October 03, 2009, 11:46:23 PM »

GO we have a few of those too, believe me, if not for wildcard plays last two games we would have never pulled them off. Our QB has some work to do.....gratefully our defense has really stepped up and is playing really well to compensate.

How was the symphony? I hope lovely and that you and Mrs enjoyed it.

Big congrats to pdh's Tigers and Cuz's Hawgs........great games !!! 

cuz you got mail 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE 5 -0

WAR EAGLE!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: October 04, 2009, 01:43:26 AM »

5 -0 AND STILL UNRANKED........
What a bunch of goobers doing the voting this year. 

I think Lane Kiffen made a huge mistake by not letting us have our Tiger Walk after so many years of AU having that tradition no matter where we play.  Very poor sportsmanship, and very petty. He has a lot to learn about how things are done in the SEC. Maybe now he'll keep his mouth shut a little more often. We beat them in their house anyway.... Monkey Devil!

Congrats to spooky, cuz, Mere, GO, and NASCAR!!!!
Did I miss anyone?

I hope Nascar got to play a lot if he was up to it. A win makes everything hurt less....

The GA-LSU game was very exciting. Congrats to the Bayou Bengals. I felt awful for Mark Richt. He's got a lot of talent there in his young Bull Dawgs. It just hasn't quite jelled yet. I hope GA fans will be patient.

Would it be OK for someone to give us a summary of the article about Speedy? No names need to be mentioned.....just the highlights about him.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: October 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM »

Sorry, Mere! Being from Okie Stae -- I cannot root for Les Miles!

Wreck.....I know nothing about football....but I was cooking red beans and listening to all the screaming in the den, so I wanted to see if there was anyone from Louisiana in here....lol.   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.