March 19, 2024, 02:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256324 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: October 07, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

Thanks Kiwi.  I am home with the swine flu!  Just read that several key Huskers have it too.  Real bad timing.  Thanks for cheering us on... GBR
Sounds more like an Arkansas affliction!!! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #881 on: October 07, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »

Helloooooo Football Fans!!!!    I don't make my way here often, but Kiwi left me a post in my avatar thread so I wanted to let Kiwi know the Halloween Avatar is there waiting!

Being from Tennessee isn't the most comfortable seats in the stadium this year, but here's my take on things after Auburn:

First, Congratulations to all the Auburn fans. I am a season ticket holder for Tennessee and was at the game. I think both programs have bright futures. If Auburn can hold on to Gus Malazhn for a few years Auburn is going to be very special. As a Tennessee fan I LOVE your WR coach (and guessing) your recruiting cordinator Trooper Taylor. Taylor really wants to become an O.C. so I dont think he will stay very long, but he is beyond passionate, takes the kids in as part of his family, is a good coach, and an elite recruiter.

Tennessee came in banged up (All SEC LG Vladimir Richard, Starting MLB Nick Reveiz, were both out) and Starting Dend Chris Walker (Back), Starting DTackle Wes Brown (knees), Starting WR Quinton Hancock (Broke Jaw), Starting RB Montario Hardesty (Shoulder and Knees) all played but were hurt as alot of players are this time of year. Our Middle linebacker Savion Frazier was playing Middle Linebaker for the first time since 7th Grade (he was backing up Rico at Will) and overall played well but had the defense miss alined a few times (give credit to Gus Malzahn). I can not think of a worse offense for the QB of a defense to get his first start against. Ben Tate, and Ontario McCalebb both earned my respect for sure. McCalebb and (if yall can land either Lache Seastrunk, or Michael Dyer) I feel sorry for the rest of the SECWest. I can honestly say I have never been more impressed with an offensive playcalling and tempo as I was Sat night with Gus Malzahn.

As for Tennessee I love the way the program is going. I came into this season with 3 goals: 1.) Recruit well....Check, 2.) Change the culture of the program.....Check, and finally get better from game 1 to the last game. While the jury is still out on that one I do believe the team is getting better. As was obvious in the Auburn game at the end of drives we lack depth in the front (we have arguably the best defensive line class commited to us right now, we need more big play receivers (we have some very good ones commited), and we need a QB that can complete a stop pass (Tyler Bray is an Elite Eleven QB who is commited to us.). I love our coaching staff (even Lane Kiffin). I think (including this season) it will be Kiffin's 3rd year we will be very very dangerous. Hopefully we continue to improve, and play well vs a very talented and hungry Georgia team sat. Go Vols! In Kiffin I trust!   

Anyway, Kiwi. Thanks for coming to my thread and asking for your avi! I love to see you guys, even if it's just to say HI!!!!   

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: October 07, 2009, 11:26:48 PM »

Poor beans! Sorry to hear about your flu. Take care of yourself!

The swine flu is raging through college campuses. It's no wonder several football teams have had it. It's some nasty stuff.

Kiwi - I'll be dropping by the Dawg House tomorrow night to help pull the Huskers through. What's for dinner?

Go Huskers!

nonesy - I hope Nascar's ankle is healing well, and I hope he's back to normal after his bout with the flu.

There are some HUGE games this weekend. It's gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: October 07, 2009, 11:27:57 PM »

Thanks Kiwi.  I am home with the swine flu!  Just read that several key Huskers have it too.  Real bad timing.  Thanks for cheering us on... GBR

behave wreck, cuz is a hawg you know 

Bean I hope you feel better soon. I heard four on our project team are down with swine flu and with all the travel I have to do, I'm sure I'm ripe to catch it too. Just rest, rest, and more rest for you, ok? I'll be in the Kiwi house pulling for the Huskers tomorrow night too   

With nascar's game halfway across the country I won't be able to make it, financially or workwise, I have to fly up north on Sat for a week for work. Weeks ago I would have said this would be a fairly easy win for his team but now.........just not sure anymore. Our QB has to engage offensively.......and execute well. We shall see, I'm sure pulling for him as are many 

I'm bleary eyed from the overtime with work and without a chance to check on who is playing who beyond bean's Huskers and of course the Hawgs facing the Tigers.

Role call !!!! I need a list of who everyone plays 

CBB - love seeing you here, anytime, all of the time  You have a competitive game on Saturday for sure, I'm sure Kiffen has some tricks up his sleeve. I also think getting a good QB may well be the biggest challenge facing every college team in this day and age. So you are not alone.....even with many seniors and a very experience QB by college years........we can't seem to pump on all pistons.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: October 07, 2009, 11:31:12 PM »

Poor beans! Sorry to hear about your flu. Take care of yourself!

The swine flu is raging through college campuses. It's no wonder several football teams have had it. It's some nasty stuff.

Kiwi - I'll be dropping by the Dawg House tomorrow night to help pull the Huskers through. What's for dinner?

Go Huskers!

nonesy - I hope Nascar's ankle is healing well, and I hope he's back to normal after his bout with the flu.

There are some HUGE games this weekend. It's gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out!

I hope Kiwi has steak, I've been craving some steak lately 

pdh, his ankle is 'okay" so he says but he still has a cough, worries me but of course brutus isn't going to worry about Mom worrying 

he may be a neanderthal but he's my neanderthal 

I'd love a pdh take on the games this week, you can be our resident analyst besides Bean is sick so she needs some help ! You always post enlightenment anyway 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: October 08, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »

I don't know the whole story about Bryant Wreck.What do you think the prognosis will be???

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: October 08, 2009, 12:52:34 AM »

behave wreck, cuz is a hawg you know 

Bean I hope you feel better soon. I heard four on our project team are down with swine flu and with all the travel I have to do, I'm sure I'm ripe to catch it too. Just rest, rest, and more rest for you, ok? I'll be in the Kiwi house pulling for the Huskers tomorrow night too   

With nascar's game halfway across the country I won't be able to make it, financially or workwise, I have to fly up north on Sat for a week for work. Weeks ago I would have said this would be a fairly easy win for his team but now.........just not sure anymore. Our QB has to engage offensively.......and execute well. We shall see, I'm sure pulling for him as are many 

I'm bleary eyed from the overtime with work and without a chance to check on who is playing who beyond bean's Huskers and of course the Hawgs facing the Tigers.

Role call !!!! I need a list of who everyone plays 

CBB - love seeing you here, anytime, all of the time  You have a competitive game on Saturday for sure, I'm sure Kiffen has some tricks up his sleeve. I also think getting a good QB may well be the biggest challenge facing every college team in this day and age. So you are not alone.....even with many seniors and a very experience QB by college years........we can't seem to pump on all pistons.

I was just kiddin' about the Razorbacks!!

OK State plays the Aggies this weekend (sans Dez Bryant for lying to the NCAA about buying Deion Sanders and some kid dinner). 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: October 08, 2009, 12:58:09 AM »

I don't know the whole story about Bryant Wreck.What do you think the prognosis will be???
Seems Dez visted Deion Sanders' house this summer. Dez bought dinner for Deion and some poor HS school kid. The NCAA routinely quizzed Dez about it and he lied about visting Deion (he got scared that he MIGHT have violated some rule even though he didn't). OSU suspended him until the NCAA rules on it. 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: October 08, 2009, 01:02:42 AM »

Seems Dez visted Deion Sanders' house this summer. Dez bought dinner for Deion and some poor HS school kid. The NCAA routinely quizzed Dez about it and he lied about visting Deion (he got scared that he MIGHT have violated some rule even though he didn't). OSU suspended him until the NCAA rules on it. 

That's the NCAA for ya.Who gives a sh_t if he visited Deion.How many times a year do college kids run into former college,NFL players?Don't blame Dez a bit.That's why i'm a BIG Coach Knight fan!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »

That reminds me of a story about Eric Crouch the year he won the Heisman... he was doing all those shows and a bunch of charity events around the various trophy award ceremonies and he accepted a tuna sandwich from someone.  He self reported.  Is that not ridiculous.  And USC gets away with murder.

Wreck you will still beat the crap out of them.  They have most of Callahans old Husker staff... trust me.  LOL
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:26 AM »

Go Huskers!

Re the H1N1... it is everything people have said and more.  Last night might have been one of the longest of my life.  Awful.  Stay healthy all.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: October 08, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »

bean....good to see you still cheering even tho i know you are so sick!!! good luck tonight...i will be pulling for your huskers!

wreck....been waiting for that zinger!!! lol!!

cbb.....great to see you!! and such a knowledgable sports fan...you should stop by more often!! i agree about gus malzahn...hard to believe he was a high school coach just 5 years ago.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: October 08, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

bean....good to see you still cheering even tho i know you are so sick!!! good luck tonight...i will be pulling for your huskers!

Cuz, I am sick but I am not dead.  LOL   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: October 08, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »

Wow bean you sure didn't luck out with the weather tonight did you? Your guys just made a turnover, # 93? He's awesome......

We're yelling for the Huskers, daughter just laughed at me yelling at the TV 

Bo sure is chewing on his gum. I wonder how many pieces he runs through in a game? Ohhh nice throw across the middle just now 

wreck, I bet you if it had been anyone but Deion that Dez would not have been in this situation. NCAA really does play favorites in the worst ways.

Bean I do hope you feel better very soon !

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: October 08, 2009, 09:58:56 PM »

Wow bean you sure didn't luck out with the weather tonight did you? Your guys just made a turnover, # 93? He's awesome......

We're yelling for the Huskers, daughter just laughed at me yelling at the TV 

Bo sure is chewing on his gum. I wonder how many pieces he runs through in a game? Ohhh nice throw across the middle just now 

wreck, I bet you if it had been anyone but Deion that Dez would not have been in this situation. NCAA really does play favorites in the worst ways.

Bean I do hope you feel better very soon !
If Dez had told the NCAA that he ate lunch at McDonalds when he really ate at Burger King --- he would be in the exact same trouble!!! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: October 08, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »

They just talked about the situation during the NU -MU game!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »

They just talked about the situation during the NU -MU game!!
The whole first half of the NU-MU game, I thought they were putting up baseball playoff scores!!  Monkey Devil!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: October 09, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »

CONGRATS Frijole!!!!  Nice comeback!!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: October 09, 2009, 12:32:38 AM »

I was going to say something earlier -- but I did not want to bring on the "mojo" again!!!!  Monkey Devil!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: October 09, 2009, 01:11:25 AM »

I was going to say something earlier -- but I did not want to bring on the "mojo" again!!!!  Monkey Devil!

Yes I understand the mojo curse... lol

That was the strangest game I have ever seen.  Our offense was 9th in the nation scoring before this game so imagine my shock as we couldn't get a first down... against a defense that wasn't that good.  Then add all of the bonehead mistakes by special teams - another team strength and I was suicidal at halftime.

Bos boys don't quit.  That D is looking pretty good huh?  And None - #93 is the one I told ya about earlier... Ndamakong Suh... some say will be top pick in the draft.  He is a gem.  Great person too.  And a senior dang it.

Just glad to come out with a win.  Can't believe we scored that many points in the 4th quarter.  Might be a record. ha 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.