March 19, 2024, 03:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256339 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #960 on: October 19, 2009, 07:57:35 AM »

Cuz -- I was rooting for you!!! Arkansas has been really impressive for the last 3 weeks!!! 

Cuz - agree you guys are playing lights out.  Read that you guys had some seriously bad calls in that game that are being reviewed by the "grand poobas" of referree-dom.  Overturn the W and give it to the hawgs says I.  LOL
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: October 20, 2009, 02:08:05 PM »

Cuz -- I was rooting for you!!! Arkansas has been really impressive for the last 3 weeks!!! 

Cuz - agree you guys are playing lights out.  Read that you guys had some seriously bad calls in that game that are being reviewed by the "grand poobas" of referree-dom.  Overturn the W and give it to the hawgs says I.  LOL

one last post on this....just because i think it is funny ....no sense in crying over what should have been!!!(altho...bean....the grand poobas did admit a personal foul called on ark defensive tackle malcolm sheppard should not have been made.(this was during the 4th quarter) as far as the 4 others in question were viewed as judgment calls!) ...this is the funny part....guess who twittered his judgement...lol!!!...this was on terrell owens twitter page....refs r str8 CHEATING n this florida/arkansas game!! a phantom P.I. call on #26, personal foul on #96 & no OPI call on UF's #11???   Monkey Devil!
also,...when florida kicked it's 51 yard field goal....replays showed the play clock had expired before the ball was snapped!!plus there were several others....here is another twitter from the game by ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach "Bobby Petrino has to be feel like he's getting jobbed right now" "another phantom call in the SEC sets up a TD. Unbelievable. I didn't see Sheppard do anything to deserve a penalty there"
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #962 on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »

Bean- the Wolverines had a game on Saturday. Well actually it was more like a scrimmage that counts with 108,000 watching. They played Forcier for the first series only. They used all four QB's  and everyone that was allowed to play. Kiwi still has the paw injury. Final was Delaware St. 6- UofM 63. Special effort was taken to not run up the score even though the score does not reflect it. It did allow for a lot of going on 4th down, rather than kick field goal or punting.  Good experience rather than a must situation.
Cuz- It looked the same 1500 miles away in AZ. Personally Florida doesn't need extra help from referee's, except that game. I think Arkansas should have thrown down field more than once, to open up the field. They Ark should have won going away.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #963 on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:07 AM »

none:  i have been reading, just not typing...  yes it is getting cold up here.  it is either very cold rain or snow flurries now.  i have been following as many games as i can right now.  good luck in the coming weeks.

i will be watching all of you from my bed.  you may need to have one set up in the dog house since we have not been looking good lately.   it seems i have torn up my right wing a bit and they will reattach it in surgery this next tuesday.  i will be unable to fly for 3 months.  i will just have to cheer using my left wing now which is not my usual method.

i have been trying to figure out how the BCS computer will calculate the fl vs ark debacle.  it would not surprise me if sometime in the future we learn of a vegas influence into college sports.  it is really a shame.

oh well, keep up the good work and lappy and i will stumble along.  thank goodness i have wifi in the house.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: October 22, 2009, 09:55:57 AM »

oh great owl....sorry to hear about your injury...you will be in my thoughts and prayers tuesday! an angelic monkey
i thought the bcs poll left florida #1 and the other poll made alabama #1? which kind of makes sense since the bcs formula does not take into account "officiating"

we have "another BIG game" saturday...we play at ole miss against our ex!! media always tries to make a big deal out of it ...i say just play and let the players decide.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #965 on: October 22, 2009, 04:29:05 PM »

GO sorry about the wing! Good luck with the surgery next week. I did watch your game last weekend. Just couldn't get the consistency needed on offense to win. I'll try to be nice on Nov 14th, win or lose. Especially if you can't fly.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: October 23, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »

Who does everybody got his weekend? We have the Baptist Bears (still without Dez and our starting RB Hunter most liely)! 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #967 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »

Who does everybody got his weekend? We have the Baptist Bears (still without Dez and our starting RB Hunter most liely)! 
Michigan plays Penn St.,  AU vs LSU, Tenn vs Alabama, Washington vs Oregon, Texas vs Missouri, Okla St vs Baylor, All will be available in Kiwi's Dawghouse as usual. Plenty of popcorn, food refreshments plus Pdh's specialty!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: October 23, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »

none:  i have been reading, just not typing...  yes it is getting cold up here.  it is either very cold rain or snow flurries now.  i have been following as many games as i can right now.  good luck in the coming weeks.

i will be watching all of you from my bed.  you may need to have one set up in the dog house since we have not been looking good lately.   it seems i have torn up my right wing a bit and they will reattach it in surgery this next tuesday.  i will be unable to fly for 3 months.  i will just have to cheer using my left wing now which is not my usual method.

i have been trying to figure out how the BCS computer will calculate the fl vs ark debacle.  it would not surprise me if sometime in the future we learn of a vegas influence into college sports.  it is really a shame.

oh well, keep up the good work and lappy and i will stumble along.  thank goodness i have wifi in the house.

GO good to hear from you.  Sorry about the broken wing... hope it mends quickly.  Hugs from here.  GL tomorrow!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: October 23, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »

Michigan plays Penn St.,  AU vs LSU, Tenn vs Alabama, Washington vs Oregon, Texas vs Missouri, Okla St vs Baylor, All will be available in Kiwi's Dawghouse as usual. Plenty of popcorn, food refreshments plus Pdh's specialty!

And Nebraska is playing IA State!

Wreck...good luck against the Bears.  We play them next week.

Some good looking matchups.  Will be cheering on the usual teams of course and hoping for some upsets against top teams just for the fun of it.  Good luck all!!!

GBR 
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »

Hello Cuz and Nonesuche    So nice to see you, too!

Cuz -- that was a crazy game last week. The officials were scripted or possibly blind. Sort of like the baseball umps. And don't get me started on the bball refs 

Living here for so long, we work with many people who are grads of all the FL schools, but we have no skin vested. They, on the other hand, bring the rivalry into the workplace 

Nonesy will remember how much I disliked the Canes -- they were all hoodlums and thugs. But I think Shalala and the coach have worked hard to change that image and I want to support that. Plus....U of M is only a couple of miles down the road, so our area is saturated.

I like Tebow, too, Cuz. At least what we know of him. Role model material. Apparently, our local sports writers do not agree.

Good luck everyone! Hope the games are all safe.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/israel-gutierrez/story/1295938.html

IN MY OPINION
Florida Gators' Tim Tebow not worthy of a second Heisman

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: October 24, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »

hey sharon!! i agree....miami's image is 100% better! tribute to that university for making those changes!
don't have time to read that article...got to run...work is calling...will be listening to the game at work once again....ole miss.... which team will show up for both sides.....lol?
good luck to all my monkey friends!
have a great weekend!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: October 24, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

GreatOwl - I am so sorry to hear you're hurting and will have surgery. We must be joined at the hip, I was tripped up by router wires all over the floor in our workspace at the client this week and fell. I have an MRI on Monday but it appears I may have a shoulder separation? Is that what you have? God bless.......sending you hugs.

Sharon - I'm glad to see Miami improving, I am working today but did try to watch parts of their game against the Tigers. As for Tebow, the nature of our society is to build up icons and then tear them apart - it seems Tebow isn't immune either. I do think Ingram is an outstanding back and I truly do think that whether Tebow wins another Heismann or not, he will have many more accolades to come.

Nascar doesn't have a game today and he's watching his friend McElroy play UT, I'm watching it too. I have to say both teams have such strengths but Bama just inched to 12 so I think the handwriting's on the wall for the end result - but we'll see. UT has held them well though and I am impressed with the accuracy of their QB's passes - sheesh he's good.

Son did get press this week that his biggest offensive play last weekend was perhaps the best at his position all season......I am so proud of him and glad to hear the head coach say he was too.

Bean I hope you're winning, haven't had time to look yet......but will check on ESPN's scoreboard.

Kiwi I need to check your game too, and I'm just behind on everything......work, work, more work.

PDH I'll have your game on tonight and praying you win 

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: October 25, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »

GreatOwl - I am so sorry to hear you're hurting and will have surgery. We must be joined at the hip, I was tripped up by router wires all over the floor in our workspace at the client this week and fell. I have an MRI on Monday but it appears I may have a shoulder separation? Is that what you have? God bless.......sending you hugs.

Nascar doesn't have a game today

Son did get press this week that his biggest offensive play last weekend was perhaps the best at his position all season......I am so proud of him and glad to hear the head coach say he was too.

Glad to see your son get recognition.  I noticed that he wasn't playing Saturday.  Not sure I will catch his next game.

Sorry to hear of your shoulder.  I suppose you have to keep it in a sling.  It is a problem when it is the predominate arm.  I dislocated my shoulder 35 years ago and know they can be a nuisance.  This time I have some bone problems, I have torn the rotator cuff and also torn the biceps muscle.  Surgery is on Tuesday morning and it will have to stay immobile for 2 weeks and then I will have therapy for 3 months.  I am not even sure if I will have any function of my fingers of my right hand for a while.  I will figure out a way to use the computer with my left, but it is not real coordinated right now.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »

I think Wreck is the only one not at Kiwi's joint.  Congrats Wreck!

Kiwi, I am so glad you decided to build on an addition to the DH.  LOL.  Lots of crying to go around.  Cocktail anyone?

I have little to say except that I am convinced that someone put a major MOJO on our offense.  It is a down right shame to waste a defense that is having the same success stat wise as our last national championship team.

Our offense is offensive.  And it isn't lack of talent.  It is between the ears and I'm not sure if it is fear of losing or lack of confidence but it is the scariest thing I have seen since our 07 Kevin Cosgrove defense.  Bo needs to step up and let his bro run the D and go to work on the other side... and there might have to be some coaching changes as well. 

8 flippin turnovers.  4 inside the 5 yd line before we could even attempt a field goal.  This should have been a blow out but it was the strangest thing I have ever seen in my over 50 years. 

On to next week. GBR
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »

Great Owl, poor you! I'll be praying that the surgery does the trick and that your recuperation goes very well. I know when San had her nerve surgery that it took nearly a year for the movement and strength to come back into her hand and fingers. I hope it won't take that long for you and that your fingers regenerate those nerves quickly. God bless......

Bean, I was heartsick for you, just heartsick. Games like that really try football fan's souls. Let's hope it was a one-time aberration. You know that team is better than this, Bo will get it rectified.

Yep Wreck is our winner this week - ding, ding, ding !! Enjoy it wreck !

PDH, sigh so sorry.

Kiwi, so sorry for who thought ND would bring it on so strongly?

I guess this is when we all need to remember that on any given Saturday.......any given game......it can be a toss up?

Okay we lick wounds today and we forge ahead tomorrow, right?

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: October 25, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »

Great Owl, poor you! I'll be praying that the surgery does the trick and that your recuperation goes very well. I know when San had her nerve surgery that it took nearly a year for the movement and strength to come back into her hand and fingers. I hope it won't take that long for you and that your fingers regenerate those nerves quickly. God bless......

Bean, I was heartsick for you, just heartsick. Games like that really try football fan's souls. Let's hope it was a one-time aberration. You know that team is better than this, Bo will get it rectified.

PDH, sigh so sorry.

I guess this is when we all need to remember that on any given Saturday.......any given game......it can be a toss up?

Man! I was kind of afraid to show up here -- I didn't want it to look like I was gloating or something!!  That was a ROUGH day for everyone. Things will turn around!! As for us, we have our big showdown with Texas (in Stillwater) next week. I'm afraid the Longhorns are hitting their stride!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: October 25, 2009, 03:00:50 PM »

Nascar doesn't have a game today

Glad to see your son get recognition.  I noticed that he wasn't playing Saturday.  Not sure I will catch his next game.

Sorry to hear of your shoulder.  I suppose you have to keep it in a sling.  It is a problem when it is the predominate arm.  I dislocated my shoulder 35 years ago and know they can be a nuisance.  This time I have some bone problems, I have torn the rotator cuff and also torn the biceps muscle.  Surgery is on Tuesday morning and it will have to stay immobile for 2 weeks and then I will have therapy for 3 months.  I am not even sure if I will have any function of my fingers of my right hand for a while.  I will figure out a way to use the computer with my left, but it is not real coordinated right now.

GL with the surgery.  I have had rotator cuff issues for the last year and it isn't fun.  Will be sending you best wishes throughout recuperation... meanwhile hunt and peck like any good owl.  LOL.  We can handle typos.  Really.  Hugs.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: October 25, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »

PDH, sigh so sorry.

Man! I was kind of afraid to show up here -- I didn't want it to look like I was gloating or something!!  That was a ROUGH day for everyone. Things will turn around!! As for us, we have our big showdown with Texas (in Stillwater) next week. I'm afraid the Longhorns are hitting their stride!!
No man.... we are cheering you on... we have to have some w's even if they are vicariously.  It was a totally bizare day for alot of us.  Will cheer you on against that other orange team next week.  Meanwhile WTH happened to the Big 12 this year?  Sucking big time.  The north is a total joke.  My favorite:  K State beats A&M who are awful by 42 pts or so last week.  A&M played TX Tech yesterday and WON by like 21 pts.  GMAB!  Only thing I can think of is I heard we hurt their QB too (Mr Suh did) and so perhaps they had to start their #3 guy.  Who knows....
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #979 on: October 25, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »

None - sorry to hear about your injury.  Given how hard they have been working you... have you thought about workers comp?   Monkey Devil!  Get em to write you a big ole check then quit.  (sorry bout that, just had to)

Hope you are OK.. keep us posted.  Glad Nascar had the day off as it was dangerous out there. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.