April 24, 2024, 02:32:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 258264 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #980 on: October 25, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

Great Owl, poor you! I'll be praying that the surgery does the trick and that your recuperation goes very well. I know when San had her nerve surgery that it took nearly a year for the movement and strength to come back into her hand and fingers. I hope it won't take that long for you and that your fingers regenerate those nerves quickly. God bless......

Bean, I was heartsick for you, just heartsick. Games like that really try football fan's souls. Let's hope it was a one-time aberration. You know that team is better than this, Bo will get it rectified.

Yep Wreck is our winner this week - ding, ding, ding !! Enjoy it wreck !

PDH, sigh so sorry.

Kiwi, so sorry for who thought ND would bring it on so strongly?

I guess this is when we all need to remember that on any given Saturday.......any given game......it can be a toss up?

Okay we lick wounds today and we forge ahead tomorrow, right?
Man! I was kind of afraid to show up here -- I didn't want it to look like I was gloating or something!!  That was a ROUGH day for everyone. Things will turn around!! As for us, we have our big showdown with Texas (in Stillwater) next week. I'm afraid the Longhorns are hitting their stride!!
No man.... we are cheering you on... we have to have some w's even if they are vicariously.  It was a totally bizare day for alot of us.  Will cheer you on against that other orange team next week.  Meanwhile WTH happened to the Big 12 this year?  Sucking big time.  The north is a total joke.  My favorite:  K State beats A&M who are awful by 42 pts or so last week.  A&M played TX Tech yesterday and WON by like 21 pts.  GMAB!  Only thing I can think of is I heard we hurt their QB too (Mr Suh did) and so perhaps they had to start their #3 guy.  Who knows....
Potts started for Tech and was passing well -- until he had a couple of picks and they yanked him!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #981 on: October 25, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

Potts started for Tech and was passing well -- until he had a couple of picks and they yanked him!!

Thanks.  Dang wish we could have played Potts.  Their #2 guy was lights out great.  lol
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #982 on: October 26, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

Wow it was brutal last weekend! Penn St eat up the back up center. Third big game in a row, never would have thought it could be that big. Interesting how far out of the endzone they can hike that ball! Well I watched four games. Won only one thank you Wreck and Okla state!
So two injuries all on the SM side lines. Good luck None and GO! GO I will good on Nov 14th win or lose even if can't type.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #983 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »

Hmmm I will try to type better for you GO on the 14th.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »

Monkey friends please pull for nascar's team tonight, if we lose this one we likely won't make a bowl 

Seems I tore my rotator cuff in my spill at work, leave it to me to get a sports injury by accident 

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #985 on: October 27, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »

Dez Bryant declared ineligible for rest of season! The NCAA is utterly out of control. He broke NO NCAA rule except being scared about telling the NCAA he met Deion Sanders.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #986 on: October 28, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »

Dez Bryant declared ineligible for rest of season! The NCAA is utterly out of control. He broke NO NCAA rule except being scared about telling the NCAA he met Deion Sanders.
Sometimes people forget that they are kids. Granted very large kids, but none the less kids and not pro players. He and his family probably sacrificed a great deal for him to play for our enjoyment on Saturdays! I understand there are rules to keep out interference from outside sources but somewhere along the way the powers that be in the NCAA have lost there way on this matter.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #987 on: October 28, 2009, 09:16:29 AM »

Wreck I am in shock over that decision.  I was hoping you would post something that would clarify it or give more insight... Absolutely ridiculous.  Totally unfair.  NCAA sucks big time.  I hope it motivates your team to play lights out this weekend.  Go get em guy.  Man.  This isn't right.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #988 on: October 28, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »

Wreck I am in shock over that decision.  I was hoping you would post something that would clarify it or give more insight... Absolutely ridiculous.  Totally unfair.  NCAA sucks big time.  I hope it motivates your team to play lights out this weekend.  Go get em guy.  Man.  This isn't right.
Not to offend our Alabama fans (I know there are many) ---
They had a player (Oct 8th - this year!) who took a free computer as an illegal gift and lied about the infraction to the NCAA got a 6 game suspension. Dez lied to the NCAA about a NON INFRACTION and got a year!! USC and the whole "Reggie Bush and his free house" received ABSOLUTELY nothing in punishment from the NCAA. The University of Oklahoma has 8 players getting paid by a local car dealership for no work performed -- they get 8 games forfeited until a letter by their President gets all 8 games reinstated. Where is the fairness and "equal treatment".
The NCAA requires the school to suspend a player PRIOR to the investigation and announcement of findings from the NCAA. Tell me where "due process" and "presumption of innocence" comes in???? Most all schools in the NCAA recive some type of Federal monies  -- where is the oversight? Orrin Hatch is currently petioning Obama on behalf of the "non-BCS" schools -- I think the concept is the same. There is NO fairness for the "have-not" schools.

Rant Over!!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #989 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »

Please excuse the typos!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #990 on: October 28, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »

They had a player (Oct 8th - this year!) who took a free computer as an illegal gift and lied about the infraction to the NCAA got a 6 game suspension. Dez lied to the NCAA about a NON INFRACTION and got a year!! USC and the whole "Reggie Bush and his free house" received ABSOLUTELY nothing in punishment from the NCAA. The University of Oklahoma has 8 players getting paid by a local car dealership for no work performed -- they get 8 games forfeited until a letter by their President gets all 8 games reinstated. Where is the fairness and "equal treatment".
The NCAA requires the school to suspend a player PRIOR to the investigation and announcement of findings from the NCAA. Tell me where "due process" and "presumption of innocence" comes in???? Most all schools in the NCAA receive some type of Federal monies  -- where is the oversight? Orrin Hatch is currently petitioning Obama on behalf of the "non-BCS" schools -- I think the concept is the same. There is NO fairness for the "have-not" schools.

Rant Over!!!
Well said!  Who does Okla St play next, for all of us to root for.  Never apologize for typo's, I just leave out whole words instead.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #991 on: October 28, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »

The NCAA requires the school to suspend a player PRIOR to the investigation and announcement of findings from the NCAA. Tell me where "due process" and "presumption of innocence" comes in???? Most all schools in the NCAA receive some type of Federal monies  -- where is the oversight? Orrin Hatch is currently petitioning Obama on behalf of the "non-BCS" schools -- I think the concept is the same. There is NO fairness for the "have-not" schools.

Rant Over!!!
Well said!  Who does Okla St play next, for all of us to root for.  Never apologize for typo's, I just leave out whole words instead.
Only TEXAS!!! Our biggest game of the year.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #992 on: October 28, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »

Like I said Wreck...team needs to channel the anger over this total BS NCAA decision onto the TX team.  Show 'em you are for real.  We'll be watching and cheering hard.  We play Baylor and if we lose this one look for me to be on suicide watch.   Monkey Devil!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #993 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:56 PM »

wreck welcome to the ugly politics of college football, some say it's far worse in the collegiate level than the NFL and I would tend to agree with them. Nascar's had to deal with his fair share of it too and there is no rhyme or reason to it, just the politics. Doesn't make it any easier to endure but it's unlikely it will ever change. $$$$$ is the driver for it all unfortunately.

Go open a can of whoop up, it's about all we can do.

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #994 on: October 28, 2009, 11:07:21 PM »

I've got to tip-toe around Texasmom this week!!! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #995 on: October 28, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »

Awwww now wreck!  The eyes of Texas are upon you!   

I bet it'll be a great game!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #996 on: October 28, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »

We haven't beat UT in 11 years!!! There is humorous thread over at our "forum" where IF we could possibly upset you all -- how we could get the goal posts out of our newly re-built stadium without "airlifting" them!!!    We have a phone call into Boone Pickens!!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »

Wow this a tough choice since I have Texasmom's Shelties and Wrecks Okla St that I've been rooting for from the start of the season. Just glad that Kiwi doesn't have to play in that game. Well good luck to both of you on Sat.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #998 on: October 31, 2009, 02:26:04 AM »

We haven't beat UT in 11 years!!! There is humorous thread over at our "forum" where IF we could possibly upset you all -- how we could get the goal posts out of our newly re-built stadium without "airlifting" them!!!    We have a phone call into Boone Pickens!!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #999 on: October 31, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »

Not a bad day for everyone! GO's Badgers killed Purdue with a shut out! GO feel better!
Did NASCAR have a good day? I see they won biggggg. None are you feeling better?
Pdh- AU won over Miss!
Bean's- Huskers won!
The rest of the games are in progress. Back to the Dawghouse for more viewing! Actually I was playing hooky and pulling my son around the lake on his wake board. But I'm back now to watch the rest of the games. Glad I missed the Wolverines today ahh freshmen!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.