March 28, 2024, 11:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256662 times)
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1020 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »

we have a must win game today if we want to go bowling.....gamecocks come to fayetteville for an early game (11:30).....again depends which ark team shows up...the team that played florida or the team that played ole miss?? we had eastern michigan last week which was good for the soul but not much else...it was 41-0 at halftime and 63-27 at the end of the game with 4th stringers...i think everybody got to play! which is kind of nice! one thing was determined....at the beginning of the year it was a toss up who was going to be the starting qb....ryan mallett or tyler wilson.....well ryan mallett has been fabulous....tyler wilson in a lot of action last week was not. end of debate.lol!
have a great weekend...it is a beautiful fall day today...if you get a chance to watch our game...you will see some beautiful scenery...trees are in full color!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1021 on: November 07, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

ITS GAME DAY.  GET ER DONE ALL.  BRING IN SOME WINS.

GO that is exactly what I saw from ECU's QB... he didn't go thru progressions to see who was open he just threw to whoever he wanted to, not who was open.  And he rushed things. 

Have fun all.  Believe it or not it is in the 70's here today!  Very strange for us this time of year. 

Yes, we have 68 right now which is unreal.  here I am laid up and unable to go outside to work.  at least the fingers on both hands work very well now.

as I said earlier, we seem to play to the level of whatever opponent we face.  It is a win and I think we will at least qualify for the "toilet bowl" now.

Running back had 135 years and then had to sit out the 2nd half.  freshman running back came in and ran for nearly 120.  I think we were close to 300 yards rushing today. Passing  almost 200.  Indiana had almost 400 total yards.  I think they will have to replace the turf.  It was a very "offensive" game. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1022 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:52 PM »

GO- actually you see that with the NFL. The Cardinals look there best in a dome.  Play in the snow and the passing game plus speed just disappears for them. Good luck next weekend can't say the Wolverines will put up much of a fight this year. Ah freshmen! At least they made a comeback in this game. Went for two and got sacked. Lost 36-38. Next year won't come fast enough.
Pdh- looks like I messed up Iowa by talking about them last week!
Back to the Dawghouse to cheer everyone on!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1023 on: November 07, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »

Pdh- looks like I messed up Iowa by talking about them last week!

Nah Kiwi........I was never on the Iowa band wagon anyway. They were due a loss. All that come from behind stuff every week catches up with a team, and eventually they fail to make it all the way back. Not a big fan of their style of football. I never thought they were a serious contender for a BCS title.

For the kids' sake, I'm glad Bama won. Congratulations to the Bama players. Mark Ingram is the real deal.
But Little Nicky and his fit-pitching and cussing people out on the sidelines makes me sick. His behavior is a disgrace. He has absolutely no class, and he's an embarassment. I wish he'd never come back to college ball.
I'm also disgusted by the officials once again failing to make the correct calls and becoming part of the outcome of the game instead of neutral observers. I have never seen any football season so affected by bad calls as there have been this year in the SEC.  I do wonder if some of them are being bought and sold. It's truly disheartening. So far, there have been five games with game-changing bad calls. It's more than simple human error now, especially with the review process in place.
Urban Myer may have lost some dollars, but he still has the satisfaction of being right about the officiating this year. The SEC needs to fire all the officials and start with a clean slate nest season.

I still want Texas and Florida in the BCS Championship. I hope it plays out that way.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1024 on: November 08, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »

WOW! Great Saturday!!
Always good when Notre Dame loses -- Go Navy!!
Always great when Oklahoma loses -- Good job Frijole!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »

Congrats on the monkey team wins yesterday, I had to work so wasn't able to watch much but glad we had some wins !! 

cuz a colleague from work texted me he wants Spurrier to take his visor on a long walk off a short pier  I know Bean will like that one !

pdh, I was glad to see Bama win but I have to wonder how many headsets Saban went through? Geez.....unreal.

back to work........

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »

Wow.  I am still exhausted.  I cannot believe we pulled out a W.  With No offense to boot.  That is how fantastic our D is, thank you Pelini brothers!!  Best defensive game I remember seeing = ever. It was a true miracle.

Wreck - wanted to thank you for knocking IA ST out of the Big 12 N race.. ugly as it is.  LOL. 

LOTS of upsets yesterday.  I fell asleep during the LSU vs Bama game.  For real.  Any feedback from that one?  Was right on Iowa and wrong on Oregon I guess! ha.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »

I still am not an Oregon fan either. Let them play Texas, FL, Bama.....then we'll see how good they really are. 

Congrats on the win beans! That was a huge one for Bo!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1028 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »

The AZ Cardinals looked good at Chicago last weekend. 5 td passes and the start of a running game. The Cardinals are on a role as long as they don't play in snow! The rookie wr from LSU, Duset (sp?) played well in place of Boldin.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1029 on: November 10, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »

Hey Kiwi...it's "Doucet" IIRC.....anyway...he's a really talented kid. I'm glad to see him get a chance in the NFL....and I'm glad he's gone from the SEC so we don't have to face him anymore!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1030 on: November 11, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »

Hey Kiwi...it's "Doucet" IIRC.....anyway...he's a really talented kid. I'm glad to see him get a chance in the NFL....and I'm glad he's gone from the SEC so we don't have to face him anymore!
Thanks for the spelling correction. I noticed there are 3 from LSU and a couple from AU. Actually if you look at AZ's roster there seems to be a trend for different universities on defense- offense and a further breakdown on lines and secondary positions. Rather interesting at first glance. When I find some time I'll place the numbers and positions and see if there is a plan in drafting.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1031 on: November 12, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »

Bad news TN Vols fans... 3 players (some starters) arrested last night for ARMED ROBBERY at a convenience store.. they had semi automatic weapons!  Way to recruit.  Believe they are freshmen.  Story still breaking.  http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/69841967.html

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:53 AM »

Bad news TN Vols fans... 3 players (some starters) arrested last night for ARMED ROBBERY at a convenience store.. they had semi automatic weapons!  Way to recruit.  Believe they are freshmen.  Story still breaking.  http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/69841967.html

Yikes!

Okay, who doesevryone have this weekend?

We have "the Pirate" Mike Leach and the Red Raiders in Stillwater.   

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: November 12, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »

Wreck - do you know which QB will start?  We got their 2nd stringer and he is WAY better than the guy who started the season at #1. 

TX Tech came in and played a hell of a game against us.  Best O our D faced all year.  Then the next week they got their butts whipped by A&M!!!!  ha. 

We play Kansas this week.  Another up and down team.  Mostly down lately because their QB has a groin problem.  I hope it isn't better til next week.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1034 on: November 12, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »

Wreck - do you know which QB will start?  We got their 2nd stringer and he is WAY better than the guy who started the season at #1. 

TX Tech came in and played a hell of a game against us.  Best O our D faced all year.  Then the next week they got their butts whipped by A&M!!!!  ha. 

We play Kansas this week.  Another up and down team.  Mostly down lately because their QB has a groin problem.  I hope it isn't better til next week.
Tech is on their 3rd QB. Potts started the year and was replaced by Sheffield (who you all played, and is now injured). We face Seth Doege.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: November 12, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

Thanks for the spelling correction. I noticed there are 3 from LSU and a couple from AU. Actually if you look at AZ's roster there seems to be a trend for different universities on defense- offense and a further breakdown on lines and secondary positions. Rather interesting at first glance. When I find some time I'll place the numbers and positions and see if there is a plan in drafting.

Well Kiwi...I'm spelling it from memory, so I could be slightly off myself....but it's pretty close to that. He is a great player, no matter how it's spelled! Lots of French names coming out of the LSU program. GEAUX Tigers!

AU has lots of kids go on to the NFL, as does the SEC in general. I've lost track of some of them. It's hard to keep up with the injuries and all of the shuffling that goes on.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1036 on: November 12, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »

As for the TN story.....when you recruit only on talent and not recruit on talent combined with character.....this is what you get. Michael and Marcus Vick anyone?

Coaches should be looking for young men like Nascar and Speedy. That's what made Tebow such a catch.

I think Lane Kiffen is doomed in the SEC anyway. He's clueless.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2009, 07:21:21 AM »

Agree.. character counts.  You should see some of the twitters from those kids.  No way they took the entrance exams just based on spelling. 

Not sure but I think one of those kids was the one that Spurrier told would end up pumping gas... was thinking maybe Kiffin's response was come to TN and you'll rob gas stations.  LOL

We had a former stud recruit from the 2000 class sentenced to life + 90 for murder yesterday.  He came from the ghettos.  Refused to give up the gangs.  He was only here for about a year but still... funny thing is that he stayed in Omaha and didn't go back to LA.. but he stuck with the gangs.  Sad what could have been.

So I agree.. recruit more than speed.  Smarts and character count! 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2009, 08:12:24 AM »

pdh and bean, thanks for the props for the 'good boys' but recruiting has become so much about who the coaches think might get them credentials by making it to the NFL, that unless you have a rivals ranking from a 4A or 5A program, there is little chance the recruiters will seek you out.

That said, I look at recruits like Julio Jones who were supposed to be weapons of mass destruction the way the fans (analysts and coaches too) went on and on and on about him, has not lived up to that press on the field. He's good when he's 'on" but he's not on that often to date. He's not been in trouble and I do not mean to imply that at all, but rather to make the point that you can evaluate recruits until the cows come home but it's not a true indicator of future performance.

Complicating all of this and gratefully this has not happened to Speedy (his injury has been painful enough so I'm glad it has not), the moment son's stats began to climb this season his opportunity is reduced? Now the player getting all of son's opportunity has been marginal with his grades for each year he's been in the program? But he's an underclassman and I am guessing that's what rules? Coaches look after themselves to great degree, I have learned you can't count on many of them to care one iota about a non-high profile recruit or player.

We have a leader of a local gang on our team as well, he's been in trouble with the law a couple of times to date too. He's still on the team, supposedly injured but I take issue with allowing gang members much less known gang leaders on any college team.

But then we know how much my opinion counts.......at least where it matters.

I still remember Bobby Bowden talking about how he has to "be the daddy" for so many of his recruits. Everyone laughed at the time but that was quite a few years ago now. It's not funny because it's pretty true. So many of these single mothers of these players only see the potential for the "big ride" to the NFL. They really do not care about the rights and wrongs of child rearing, or if they do, it's obviously beyond them to raise these boys with discipline and clear expectations for their behavior.

Off my soapbox, vent over.........

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1039 on: November 13, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »

oh and one more thing  Monkey Devil!

on pro day this spring none of the other players at son's position participated, one was hurt, another was suspended for drug violations.........so son was the only one who did the work-out's. He's 6'4"/220 lbs. and ran a low 4.5/40 and is the only player in his position on our team who has an official time in the last 2 years. The ones who do have times never ran one as fast as son's, with the exception of one 5'10" one who does run in the high 4.4's but that wasn't a recorded time at pro day but his Nike camp time. Fans post all the time how son's not that fast, well they can kiss my patootie.

It just goes to show you can even prove it and still not get your deserved props 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.