March 28, 2024, 05:36:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256623 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1300 on: January 01, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »

Touche Wreck.. Down in Lubbock,not much.It's an unfortunate situation all around.If i was another Big 12 team,i'd be rejoicing..Good job Gerald!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1301 on: January 01, 2010, 02:59:27 PM »

The SEC sends a lot of kids to the NFL....and many of those kids complete their degrees after their professional football career is over. They leave before their Senior year. And many kids play in the SEC in hopes of a career in the NFL if you want to be honest about it...a degree isn't always their goal. That's the foolishness of youth to not look at the bigger picture......

Meanwhile...

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: January 01, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

The SEC sends a lot of kids to the NFL....and many of those kids complete their degrees after their professional football career is over. They leave before their Senior year. And many kids play in the SEC in hopes of a career in the NFL if you want to be honest about it...a degree isn't always their goal. That's the foolishness of youth to not look at the bigger picture......

Meanwhile...

LOL... good try PDH!  I actually was thinking the same thing at first and then did the math... but MOST IMPORTANT CONGRATS ON A HARD FOUGHT WIN!!

I had flipped channels since you "had it in hand"... double checked and about died.. so I cheered you on the rest of the way.. all THREE times you won the game.   
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: January 01, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »

Back at the AU Tiger Ranch......we finally managed to leave the OutBack Bowl with the win!
It was another crazy game for AU! I'm checking myself into the hospital now....I've had a nervous breakdown.

I really, really hate games on ESPN. I wish all of our games were on CBS. They have the most intelligent and fair broadcasts of anyone. ESPN has complete morons working as their game commentators. They don't EVER pronounce AUBURN correctly, and it annoys the heck out of me. It's very disrespectful, and very poor preparation. It's not like AU is a newcomer on the big stage. CBS is much more professional. Even Fox does a better job. The local broadcasters for high school games manage to have a more professional broadcast than ESPN, and that's sad considering this is not a big city....

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1304 on: January 01, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »

Meanwhile...

LOL... good try PDH!  I actually was thinking the same thing at first and then did the math... but MOST IMPORTANT CONGRATS ON A HARD FOUGHT WIN!!

I had flipped channels since you "had it in hand"... double checked and about died.. so I cheered you on the rest of the way.. all THREE times you won the game.   

Not sure what you mean by numbers?????? I did not say they all did. But plenty of them have completed a degree later. Some of them years later...like Joe Willie. I think that's true in all conferences that send a lot of kids to the NFL.
Most kids who play football have dreams of making it to the NFL, and lots of kids leave early to enter the draft. Some kids play other sports and make it to the next level in baseball or basketball. They leave football without graduating.
It's very hard to play at a high level like the SEC, and also concentrate on graduating. Some kids just choose to do it another way, and some kids never planned to get a degree in the first place. A few of them have associates degrees from JUCO when they transfer.
My point is that there are many variables that figure into graduation rates, including success on the field at a high level.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1305 on: January 01, 2010, 05:46:38 PM »

I guess winning it once wasn't exciting enough for some of those kids....

Congrats to GO and you too beans!!!!  Suh was so much fun to watch!!!! He's such a great kid!

nonesy....Tell Nascar to get those Hogs! So sorry cuz!

So...the ranks of winning coaches is thinning out a little for 2010....Urban Meyer, Mike Leach, Bobby Bowden. I wonder who's next?
Tubby's name is being mentioned for Tech....

We have gotten some great recruits, and the mess at FL will only help us. According to an AUC poster, Rivals has us at #3.

Recruiting will be very interesting.....

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1306 on: January 01, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »

Wow what an exciting game for AU. That has to be a record in passing 46 out of 76 for Northwestern. None too bad NASCAR isn't in that offense. Conrads to Pdh.  Hey were on a roll GO,Bean and Pdh your buying! Bean I had to root for Ohio State, Mrs is from Ohio. She roots for the Wolverines 9 out 10 games every year.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1307 on: January 02, 2010, 01:09:36 AM »

Congrats PDH !!!  I'm so happy for your win !!!!

We made it to the hotel today, 12 hour trip by car with my 81 year old mother as well? I'm a bit exhausted but we were able to spend 2 hours with son tonight. It's supposed to be below 30 degrees, possibly as low as 20 during the game tomorrow. I think my mother may be watching from the hotel now but the staff here said they will have a big fire and the big screen here, so likely best since she tends to be cold-natured as it is.

Bean, we have had an incident, it happened yesterday - google "sugar-gate" for we do have some numbskulls on our team !!

Kiwi, I agree, son needed an offense like that!

Cuz, I love ya but I hope we beat ya 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1308 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:41 AM »

Poor cuz! Of all the teams to be matched with....it had to be Nascars! He's so popular here! Who would've ever guessed that match-up in August?

Two or three years ago AU and Nebraska played each other. The Huskers were not quite all the way back to what they are now, and AU won, but if we had to play them this bowl season....they'd win for sure.

I guess the SM football teams are bound to cross paths in some of these bowl games over the years, even if they don't meet up during the regular season!

I'm proud of Troy for getting in a bowl game this year. I'm looking forward to that game too!

nonesy....I'd love to be there in front of a nice fire watching the game. Sounds like a great time to me. I hate getting cold too.
GOOD LUCK NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1309 on: January 02, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »

good luck to your son none:  don't know about watching.   I will be at a Christmas gathering for my eleven grandkids today so I am not sure what will be on the TV.   

Kiwi what ever I buy you are going to have to lick even if it starts out warm.   It is a minus 20 here right now.     brrrrrrrrrrr.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1310 on: January 02, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »

Congrats PDH !!!  I'm so happy for your win !!!!

We made it to the hotel today, 12 hour trip by car with my 81 year old mother as well? I'm a bit exhausted but we were able to spend 2 hours with son tonight. It's supposed to be below 30 degrees, possibly as low as 20 during the game tomorrow. I think my mother may be watching from the hotel now but the staff here said they will have a big fire and the big screen here, so likely best since she tends to be cold-natured as it is.

Bean, we have had an incident, it happened yesterday - google "sugar-gate" for we do have some numbskulls on our team !!

Kiwi, I agree, son needed an offense like that!

Cuz, I love ya but I hope we beat ya 

i do understand! glad you made the trip safely! i brought out my old school good luck football sweater...better watch out ....lol!!!!
i heard about the sugar gate thing on the news last night but it did not say who the 2 players were? just said non-starters!
we had 3 idiots that were suspended for the game as well! the 30th they were in the rooms by curfew for room check but snuck out after....i guess Bealle street was calling their name!lol   2 were senior starters on our defense which everyone knows is a little suspect anyway so that is going to hurt! i was really disappointed in 1 of them. Matt Harris....pro-bowler ex Cowboy Cliff Harris's son. Cliff did not not pull a Craig James(of course not the same thing at all) but he said his son would not appreciate his mistake til later in life.
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1311 on: January 02, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »

GO NASCAR!

None I just read about that incident...lmao...am trying to imagine what everyone was thinking as that was happening!  Ridiculous!  So silly.  Those boys need to get out more. 

Hope you find a nice comfy spot for your mom.  I know it means a lot to her and Nascar that she is there.  You are a saint for all you are doing.  Try to enjoy the game some too!  Cherish these memories as they are the best - regardless of the outcome.

So what did Nascar get in the bag of bowl goodies?!!!

Negative 15 here this morning and that's before adding in wind chill factor.  They said it might warm up to the 30s by February!  I wanted to shoot myself.

Wreck - I read that Perrish Cox is suspended for the game?!!! That is a HUGE loss for you.  What happened?  These kids... drive ya crazy.

Good luck all today! 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1312 on: January 02, 2010, 10:27:48 AM »

GO NASCAR!

None I just read about that incident...lmao...am trying to imagine what everyone was thinking as that was happening!  Ridiculous!  So silly.  Those boys need to get out more. 

Hope you find a nice comfy spot for your mom.  I know it means a lot to her and Nascar that she is there.  You are a saint for all you are doing.  Try to enjoy the game some too!  Cherish these memories as they are the best - regardless of the outcome.

So what did Nascar get in the bag of bowl goodies?!!!

Negative 15 here this morning and that's before adding in wind chill factor.  They said it might warm up to the 30s by February!  I wanted to shoot myself.

Wreck - I read that Perrish Cox is suspended for the game?!!! That is a HUGE loss for you.  What happened?  These kids... drive ya crazy.

Good luck all today! 
He missed curfew twice (about 30 minutes). I swear -- Mike Gundy himself is going to be the ruin of this program. You have a All-American CB (a senior) and you send him home. Yes, he SHOuld be punished ------ sit him down for a quarter or half  - tops. I also worry about our QB. He is STILL hurt and Gundy will play him 4 full quarters (even if he cannot go with a reasonable chance of success). Our All-American OL Okung is very questionable today as well. I'm getting really nervous about this! 

Oh well................ 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: January 02, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »

Wreck... Ouch. 30 mins?  Who ratted him out?  Geez.  I didn't realise your QB was still hurting.  He is awesome.  Hope that adrenaline takes over and heals him for at least 60 minutes.  Good luck!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1314 on: January 02, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »

Well cuz your team had a secret weapon last night, we're staying at the same hotel as the team and at 3:15 am last night the fire alarm went off and it seems security caught a hawg fan red-handed !! You should have seen us trying to bundle up my mom and get her into her wheelchair and outside in that frigid weather !!!!! GRRRRRRR !!! We're all tired today from the drama!!!

Anyway, Vegas is picking cuz's team for the win and has all along, so you just wear that sweater and  right back atcha sistah !!!

Bean I'll have to email you the details around sugargate but suffice it to say, the instigator should have never still been on the team and the other guy should not have been suspended, he was only defending himself. I've heard youtube might have video but haven't had time to search?

wreck, I think we all take the bad with the good as best we can. It's very hard to manage some of the players and some are just plain thugs but then at times, it seems many fans prefer the thugs !!

Praying we at least have a good showing and nascar just came by my room for a hug before the game so I showed him the thread and he said THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1315 on: January 02, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

Sorry Wreck I didn't see this coming at all. Did watch the game. At the half Cuz is a little down. Boy is it cold there. I spent awhile fixing the irrigation system outside. Just a little warmer here. None and Cuz were expecting you both at the Dawghouse after the game. GO will be serving a special frozen drink.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1316 on: January 02, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »

Hey Kiwi....I'll drop by, but I'm bringing hot toddies for everybody! It's very cold here.....didn't get above freezing all day.

WDE!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1317 on: January 02, 2010, 07:41:07 PM »

Been looking for Nascar....not seeing a lot of our boy......

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1318 on: January 02, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »

Been looking for Nascar....not seeing a lot of our boy......
Me too!  What is up with that?  Pissing me off too!  This game could end up being like yours PDH!  Oh no.. my heart.

Wreck you were spot on... your QB should not have been in there that long.  Is he a JR or SR?  Tough to lose Dez.. he was the playmaker man.  Great combo. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1319 on: January 02, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.