March 28, 2024, 11:06:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256767 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1620 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »

Actually it would be interesting if Nebraska came over to the Big Ten. Bean are we starting the rumor here now?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1621 on: February 23, 2010, 06:22:11 AM »

Think I mentioned that the Big 12 TV is a joke.  Read that Vanderbelt makes more per appearance than TX.  TX already gets more per game than the other teams.  The heart of the issue is money.  I have heard that both TX and NE are looking into/planning their own network deals like ND did. 

If any changes were to occur I think it would be an entire overhaul of conferences into "mega conferences".  But what do I know? 
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1622 on: February 23, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »

Think I mentioned that the Big 12 TV is a joke.  Read that Vanderbelt makes more per appearance than TX.  TX already gets more per game than the other teams.  The heart of the issue is money.  I have heard that both TX and NE are looking into/planning their own network deals like ND did. 

If any changes were to occur I think it would be an entire overhaul of conferences into "mega conferences".  But what do I know

More than you think...Mega conferences...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1623 on: February 24, 2010, 07:11:29 AM »

KTF - what are you hearing about Oregon?  Is there something in the water leading to these arrests?  8 incidents in about a month.  Many on the national board are saying that Massoli will be indicted for felony theft.  They could lose 8 great players over this stuff.... Sounds like the new Thug U?  Hope Chip Kelly is up to the discipline challenge.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1624 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:26 PM »

So what do you think? Would it be good for NE to play in the Big Ten?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1625 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »

KTF - what are you hearing about Oregon?  Is there something in the water leading to these arrests?  8 incidents in about a month.  Many on the national board are saying that Massoli will be indicted for felony theft.  They could lose 8 great players over this stuff.... Sounds like the new Thug U?  Hope Chip Kelly is up to the discipline challenge.

From what i understand Masoli has a history in regards to robbery,theft,or something like that from before he came to Oregon.Kept his nose clean until this situation.I know the reciever,Embry i believe,has already been kicked off the team but,not Masoli.A fraternity member id them both!From what i've heard in regards to James(running back),they've thrown the word strangulation out there which is no laughing matter.Kiko Alonso getting a DUI,Jamere Holland being kicked off for his Facebook rant..As much as i despise Oregon i can't cast to many stones with some of the guys we've had.Mainly during the NeuWeasel ERA.Don't get me wrong though.I am enjoying it...I'll try and gather some links from Oregonian,Seattle times,PI,and other stuff i can find!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1626 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:02 AM »

Texas isn't talking to Big Ten

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4943237

One would think if Nebraska goes to the Big Ten,Texas will come to the Pac-10......Mega-Conferences.....Go Frijole..I want the inside scoop!!!!I know,wishful thinkin!Hey,i can Keepthefaith though...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1627 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »

So what do you think? Would it be good for NE to play in the Big Ten?
Financially, yes.  As a fan the games would be harder to drive to and colder.   
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1628 on: February 25, 2010, 06:52:55 AM »

Texas isn't talking to Big Ten

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4943237

One would think if Nebraska goes to the Big Ten,Texas will come to the Pac-10......Mega-Conferences.....Go Frijole..I want the inside scoop!!!!I know,wishful thinkin!Hey,i can Keepthefaith though...
::MonkeyHaHa::You are putting too much into these articles.    If I pick up on anything you will be the first to know. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1629 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »

KTF - copying this just for you since you asked about the Big 12 situation.  I promise you Tom Osborne is the most honest guy around.  He doesn't lie.  If he has to, he will hold back but he won't mislead.  I thought HIS response to the situation was interesting.     So there you go!

Osborne: NU 'not asleep at switch'
Posted by: Steve Sipple on March 3, 2010 at 10:46AM CST
Playing catchup here. Tom Osborne had some interesting comments regarding possible conference expansion/re-alignment during his appearance Monday night on "Sports Nightly." Everyone's obviously keeping a close eye on the Big Ten and Pac-10 -- including the Nebraska athletic director.

"These are interesting times," Osborne told Lane Grindle. "I think fans are a little bit nervous. All I can tell fans right now is don't think for one minute that we're asleep at the switch, that we're just sitting here waiting for something to happen to us.

"It's much better to be proactive than reactive. I don't think I'm free to say much more than that. We are very aware. We don't plan to get left at the gate, although we could be. I just don't know what's going to happen in this environment."

Osborne did say "it's hard for me to believe that Texas could get a better deal" than it has in the Big 12. He cited the Longhorns' strong recruiting base, large population base, the way they're situated geographically in the Big 12 and the fact the conference playoff game is held at Cowboys Stadium.

"Now, with Missouri and Colorado -- that's a little different," Osborne said. "I don't know what would happen there."

Much of the conference realignment discussion is driven by television revenue discrepancies among so-called power conferences. Said Osborne: "I think economics are given way too much attention in intercollegiate athletics. That's part of it. But you can be very, very good without that extra $5 million, $10 million."

The key in that regard, he said, is to have athletic department employees who work smart and sacrifice.

"If you're focused and want to get it done, you can get it done without all that money," he said.

Osborne said he hasn't received any recent calls from Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe. As for discussions with other conference teams, "I think everybody right now is keeping their cards pretty close to the vest," Osborne said. "I think if I called somebody and asked, 'What are you going to do?' I may not get a very accurate answer."

In the next five to six months, he said, we'll probably have a better idea of what might happen.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/osborne_nu_not_asleep_at_switch.html
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1630 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »

Thanks Frijole! an angelic monkey What he didn't say was most interesting.I'm very much looking forward to Nebraska coming up to Washington for the game this year!Again,appreciate the info!Keep it coming!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1631 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:36 PM »

Sept.  4   at BYU               
Sept. 11   SYRACUSE             
Sept. 18   NEBRASKA              
Oct.   2   at USC               
Oct.   9   ARIZONA STATE         
Oct.  16   OREGON STATE         
Oct.  23   at Arizona           
Oct.  30   STANFORD             
Nov.   6   at Oregon             
Nov.  13   UCLA                 
Nov.  27   at California         
Dec.   4   at Washington State

Sept.  3   EASTERN WASHINGTON   
Sept. 10   HAWAI'I               
Sept. 17   at Nebraska            
Sept. 24   at Arizona State     
Oct.   1   USC                   
Oct.   8   CALIFORNIA           
Oct.  15   at Stanford           
Oct.  22   ARIZONA               
Oct.  29   OREGON               
Nov.   5   at UCLA               
Nov.  12   at Oregon State       
Nov.  19   WASHINGTON STATE

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1632 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:49 PM »

WASHINGTON HUSKIES FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1633 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »

INTERESTING MOVE BY THE PAC-10

The Pac-10 today announced the hiring of Danette Leighton as its first-ever Chief Marketing Officer.

As the press release states, she is currently the Vice President of Marketing and Brand Development for Maloof Sports & Entertainment, owner of the NBA's Sacramento Kings and ARCO Arena.

I don't know anything about her, but this sounds like another interesting and aggressive move by the Pac-10 to move a little more into the 21st century in terms of attempting to maximize its earnings. And it's also simply another person in power with a potentially fresh set of ideas.

The releases states that:

Leighton, a University of Arizona alum, has spent the last decade at Maloof Sports & Entertainment overseeing marketing for the NBA's Sacramento Kings and ARCO Arena as well as the business operations of the WNBA's Sacramento Monarchs. Previously she led Sony Corporation's Sports Marketing division with an emphasis on the PGA TOUR and the SONY Open In Hawaii, served as the Executive Director of the 1999 NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four at Stanford University and worked in public relations with the Fiesta Bowl and the Pac-10 Conference.

The appointment is effective April 5, 2010. Leighton will be responsible for all of the conference's marketing and public relations activities and will be based at conference headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA.

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1634 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »

Thanks Frijole! an angelic monkey What he didn't say was most interesting.I'm very much looking forward to Nebraska coming up to Washington for the game this year!Again,appreciate the info!Keep it coming!
Yeah, we are all excited about it.  I was at the last game up there.  Loved the stadium.  Best view ever!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1635 on: March 09, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

Wow - Notre Dame open to joining a conference? Hmmm...

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/09/notre-dame-considers-not-going-it-alone/?ref=sports
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1636 on: March 09, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »

Don't tell JoePa.....he's an old man.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1637 on: March 10, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »

PDH - HUH?

KTF - you see this?!   

I think this is a shame.  I read this kid has spent time behind bars before for theft and it shocked me.  What a waste of talent. 

Masoli to be charged for burglary.

EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon Ducks star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli will be charged for second degree burglary, a court said Wednesday.

Earlier this year a student accused quarterback Masoli of stealing a computer from a frat house.

Backup wide receiver Garrett Embry was also named in the case in Lane County.

In February, Masoli and Embry were implicated in the alleged theft. Embry was later dismissed from the team for what the coach would only describe as "an unspecified violation of team rules."

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/source-masoli-theft-case-in-front-of-grand-jury-27845
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1638 on: March 11, 2010, 12:57:23 AM »

PDH - HUH?

KTF - you see this?!   

I think this is a shame.  I read this kid has spent time behind bars before for theft and it shocked me.  What a waste of talent. 

EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon Ducks star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli will be charged for second degree burglary, a court said Wednesday.

Earlier this year a student accused quarterback Masoli of stealing a computer from a frat house.

In February, Masoli and Embry were implicated in the alleged theft. Embry was later dismissed from the team for what the coach would only describe as "an unspecified violation of team rules."

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/source-masoli-theft-case-in-front-of-grand-jury-27845

It's hard for me not to be biased Frijole. On a serious note.It is very tragic from the standpoint of the talent Jeremiah has.He is fun to watch even though i HATE the Quaks.Many of my family are born and raised in Oregon and have had season tickets to the Ducks for many years and we tend to keep it civil,most of the time!I'll post some links to threads that have been posted in the Seattle P.I.The first thread will give you some good info outta Oregon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10

http://bustersports.com/blog/buster-blog/2010/03/10/jeremiah-masolis-burglary-charge-should-lead-to-immediate-suspension/

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1639 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »

PDH - HUH?

KTF - you see this?!  

Bean- Pdh is responding to Joe Paterno's comment that ND should never ever be given a second chance to join the Big Ten! He was a little more explicit than that. But kids may be reading here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.