March 28, 2024, 05:40:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256624 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1920 on: August 06, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »

where is none????? hey, just because son is not playing college ball this year doesn't mean you can leave us!!!!!

I'm here, reading at times but with son's job search once again I've learned more than I want to know about the game of college coaching. He did have a discussion with your head coach and I'll email you about it this weekend - I'll be glued working to my PC but when I get a break I'll send you an update. Son left this morning for a new position, one not for the faint of heart so I'll ask our monkey friends to keep him in your prayers if you can.

Bean seems so darn happy 

PDH I think you'll have a really good season too.

The NCAA is starting to crack down lately, lots of impacts to staffing and also of course, the business of agents. Learned more than I want to know lately.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1921 on: August 06, 2010, 12:56:57 PM »

Wreck used the BIG RED phone and it worked!

Source: Russell Okung agrees to deal

The Seattle Seahawks and their top pick, left tackle Russell Okung, have agreed to a six-year deal, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Okung, the No. 6 overall pick out of Oklahoma State, gets $30 million guaranteed on a deal worth a maximum $58 million, the source said.

The Seahawks hope to have Okung on the practice field Saturday.

Okung and C.J. Spiller, the Buffalo Bills' top pick, were the last two first-rounders to agree to terms. Spiller agreed to a five-year deal Friday worth a maximum $37.5 million, with $20.8 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN senior NFL writer John Clayton.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1922 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »

LINKS for OKUNG

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5442653

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2012552389_reports_okung_a.html

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/217153.asp

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1923 on: August 06, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »

I had a bunch of words typed out but felt that Lane violation's statement speaks to his inability to think critically.He really needs to asked somebody before he speaks...I do love it cause it's "THE GIFT THE KEEPS ON GIVING!"...

"It's very out of character. Sometimes, people show leadership in the wrong ways," Kiffin said. "This was a situation where Stanley tried to step in to get guys to finish without the coaches being there. He was showing leadership to get guys to finish at a level he's used to. My understanding is there was a back-and-forth and some pushing. Obviously, it didn't end well."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5441705

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1924 on: August 06, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »

I told Russell to call "KTF" if he could not reach a deal by this morning! I'm glad it didn't have to come to that!!   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1925 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »

Thanks Wreck.We're all really excited to have Russell up here in the NorthWest.We have high expectations as he's taking over for a legend in Walter Jones!We definitely are looking for him to be another HALL-OF FAMER!Now it's time to go to work Russ...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1926 on: August 06, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »

where is none????? hey, just because son is not playing college ball this year doesn't mean you can leave us!!!!!

I'm here, reading at times but with son's job search once again I've learned more than I want to know about the game of college coaching. He did have a discussion with your head coach and I'll email you about it this weekend - I'll be glued working to my PC but when I get a break I'll send you an update. Son left this morning for a new position, one not for the faint of heart so I'll ask our monkey friends to keep him in your prayers if you can.

Bean seems so darn happy 

PDH I think you'll have a really good season too.

The NCAA is starting to crack down lately, lots of impacts to staffing and also of course, the business of agents. Learned more than I want to know lately.

Hey none! It's so good to see you here! Sounds like you're still over-worked. I was hoping that would ease up soon. You and your family are always in my prayers, but I'll put extra emphasis on Nascar!

I think the NCAA was afraid that they were becoming obsolete, so they decided to actually do something for a change.
There is a very ugly side to college sports, and it's caused by big money, and egos. 

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1927 on: August 06, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »

I agree... the kid is trouble with a T.  I think Nutt is, a nut to take him. 

Nutt's desperate. He has almost nothing on the depth chart at QB. And I do mean nothing. Ray Cotton was his main man, and now he left school. The Rebels are high and dry in the signal calling dept. Nutt had to get somebody that has some kind of experience. Enter Mr. Masoli.....

Masoli is gonna have to take the field blind...and in the SEC at that. 
Our style of football is nothing like what that kid is used to in the PAC 10, and he's got no time to get seasoned. He won't really know the playbook either. He may have a rough year. He'll be lucky if some SEC defense doesn't tear his head off. I don't know much about the Ole Miss O-Line, but I hope they are good.

You know one of our fave coaches will be coaching Masoli, Rader was OC at Bama and he's salt of the earth kinda guy - definitely the opposite of Nutt.

Funny story about Rader, went to son's first spring game and they had an outdoor BBQ for the parents/players post the game. I had my mother with me so we were a bit slower getting to the event, we walk in (mother used a cane then, now it's a wheelchair) and she keeps tugging on my shirt and pointing at one of the coaches. Well he's looking right at us yelling "did you see him play? I love your son".........and I turn to look behind us to see who he's talking to. There's no one behind us so I point at myself and give him that are you talking to me incredulous look. He ran over with his wife and was so wonderful to us that day, he's also been in touch with son several times this summer.

He will be a good influence on Masoli and I just hope the kid grows under him in positive ways.

PDH I agree, it's going to be a very challenging transition for this QB.

That's a great story none! Seems like Radar knows a good kid when he sees one! You really should write a book.....

I do hope that Masoli can turn his life around at Ole Miss and maybe Radar can help him. It is a totally different culture in the South, at Ole Miss, and in SEC football. He hasn't been very adaptable to the discipline of college athletics so far, so the odds are not in his favor. But maybe just being in a new place with different influences will let him put all the trouble behind him and he will take advantage of this last opportunity. If he continues down his current path, he'll end up in jail or worse.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1928 on: August 07, 2010, 12:43:20 AM »

Sad story.Must really hurt for Gator fans!As this happened in Seattle/Bellevue i've been searching for a story but have been having no luck!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20100807/Florida-Curtis/

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1929 on: August 07, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »

Sad story.Must really hurt for Gator fans!As this happened in Seattle/Bellevue i've been searching for a story but have been having no luck!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-cfb/20100807/Florida-Curtis/

Same article from the AP

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012557240_apfbcfloridacurtis1stldwritethru.html

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1930 on: August 07, 2010, 01:42:22 AM »

How bout we suspend someone...Until the season starts! Lane violation is the gift that keeps on giving.If this continues we made to start a Lame kitten thread!

LOS ANGELES -- USC fullback Stanley Havili has been suspended from the team indefinitely after he broke the left cheekbone of cornerback T.J. Bryant during a fight a week ago, coach Lane Kiffin announced Friday.

Bryant underwent surgery Thursday and is expected to miss three to four weeks.

Kiffin informed Havili of his decision Friday morning and wasn't sure if the suspension would include USC's season opener against Hawaii on Sept. 2.

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1931 on: August 07, 2010, 01:44:48 AM »

How bout we suspend someone...Until the season starts! Lane violation is the gift that keeps on giving.If this continues we made to start a Lame kitten thread!

LOS ANGELES -- USC fullback Stanley Havili has been suspended from the team indefinitely after he broke the left cheekbone of cornerback T.J. Bryant during a fight a week ago, coach Lane Kiffin announced Friday.

Kiffin informed Havili of his decision Friday morning and wasn't sure if the suspension would include USC's season opener against Hawaii on Sept. 2.
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5444226

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1932 on: August 07, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »

"I swear --one of these days I will be forced to become irritated with one of my prized recruits." 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1933 on: August 07, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

Monkey Devil!

Wreck... the signature line... 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1934 on: August 07, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »

If we're gonna sling mud,we must sling it fairly...Wannstedt isn't gonna hold him out of game action.Seriously!!!I don't care if you're provoked.These kids need to understand there are consequences for their actions.He threw a guy through a glass window/door.No suspension?Geeeesh....

PITTSBURGH -- Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt is comfortable with his decision not to hold defensive end Jabaal Sheard out of game action, even though Sheard threw a man through a Pittsburgh art gallery's glass door during a fight last month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5443099

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1935 on: August 07, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Yeah -- it's my new favorite line!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1936 on: August 07, 2010, 09:09:35 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Yeah -- it's my new favorite line!! 
  ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1937 on: August 08, 2010, 02:24:49 AM »

USC and Lane Kiffen deserve each other. The whole culture of that program needs to change, but I don't see that happening while he's the coach.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1938 on: August 08, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »

USC and Lane Kiffen deserve each other. The whole culture of that program needs to change, but I don't see that happening while he's the coach.

I hope the Titans' lawsuit sticks bigtime.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1939 on: August 08, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »

"I swear --one of these days I will be forced to become irritated with one of my prized recruits." 

wreck, Kiffin wants to be the top coach in college football and could not care less if he's hated by the entire free world for his methods. He's also not alone in that ambition or method or drive to the top at all costs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.