March 28, 2024, 06:49:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256634 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1940 on: August 08, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »

where is none????? hey, just because son is not playing college ball this year doesn't mean you can leave us!!!!!

I'm here, reading at times but with son's job search once again I've learned more than I want to know about the game of college coaching. He did have a discussion with your head coach and I'll email you about it this weekend - I'll be glued working to my PC but when I get a break I'll send you an update. Son left this morning for a new position, one not for the faint of heart so I'll ask our monkey friends to keep him in your prayers if you can.

Bean seems so darn happy 

PDH I think you'll have a really good season too.

The NCAA is starting to crack down lately, lots of impacts to staffing and also of course, the business of agents. Learned more than I want to know lately.

Hey none! It's so good to see you here! Sounds like you're still over-worked. I was hoping that would ease up soon. You and your family are always in my prayers, but I'll put extra emphasis on Nascar!

I think the NCAA was afraid that they were becoming obsolete, so they decided to actually do something for a change.
There is a very ugly side to college sports, and it's caused by big money, and egos. 

I love you PDH more than you might know - working all weekend again and way behind no matter how fast or hard I work but when corporations cut a third of their staff, others have to pick up the slack. I'll try to email you soon but God bless you for the prayers, it means the world.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1941 on: August 08, 2010, 01:45:32 PM »

None - hang in there!  Don't let them burn you out.  Not worth it.  I'm not saying don't do a good job... maybe you just need to not be so excellent..  Monkey Devil!  I hate corporate america.

Back to football... I missed the Nascar update. Hope he is kicking some butt somewhere and you must fill me in. 

Who else haven't we heard from... Great Owl!?!  Heard some good things about your team this year.  Chime in if you aren't on another exotic vacation.

Kiwi - what say you?  I keep hearing this is "the" year for Rich Rod.  Make or break.  True?

We had our first day of practice yesterday.  Pelini had his usual lengthy speech (not) to the press where he said "I dont care where we are ranked, its played on the field." and "I liked their energy but there were mistakes".  Monkey Devil!  I would just LOVE to have dinner and lots of drinks with this guy to really know what is in his head.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1942 on: August 09, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »

where is none????? hey, just because son is not playing college ball this year doesn't mean you can leave us!!!!!

I'm here, reading at times but with son's job search once again I've learned more than I want to know about the game of college coaching. He did have a discussion with your head coach and I'll email you about it this weekend - I'll be glued working to my PC but when I get a break I'll send you an update. Son left this morning for a new position, one not for the faint of heart so I'll ask our monkey friends to keep him in your prayers if you can.

Bean seems so darn happy 

PDH I think you'll have a really good season too.

The NCAA is starting to crack down lately, lots of impacts to staffing and also of course, the business of agents. Learned more than I want to know lately.

Hey none! It's so good to see you here! Sounds like you're still over-worked. I was hoping that would ease up soon. You and your family are always in my prayers, but I'll put extra emphasis on Nascar!

I think the NCAA was afraid that they were becoming obsolete, so they decided to actually do something for a change.
There is a very ugly side to college sports, and it's caused by big money, and egos. 

I love you PDH more than you might know - working all weekend again and way behind no matter how fast or hard I work but when corporations cut a third of their staff, others have to pick up the slack. I'll try to email you soon but God bless you for the prayers, it means the world.

Ahhhh nonesy...I love you too! And I worry because you work way too hard all the dang time......
I'll look forward to an email. I'm sure there's some intriguing Nascar news....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1943 on: August 09, 2010, 01:46:52 AM »

None - hang in there!  Don't let them burn you out.  Not worth it.  I'm not saying don't do a good job... maybe you just need to not be so excellent..  Monkey Devil!  I hate corporate america.

Back to football... I missed the Nascar update. Hope he is kicking some butt somewhere and you must fill me in. 

Who else haven't we heard from... Great Owl!?!  Heard some good things about your team this year.  Chime in if you aren't on another exotic vacation.

Kiwi - what say you?  I keep hearing this is "the" year for Rich Rod.  Make or break.  True?

We had our first day of practice yesterday.  Pelini had his usual lengthy speech (not) to the press where he said "I dont care where we are ranked, its played on the field." and "I liked their energy but there were mistakes".  Monkey Devil!  I would just LOVE to have dinner and lots of drinks with this guy to really know what is in his head.

I suspect Bo is one of those quiet drinkers who won't say much, and then just passes out.....

Bo won't talk, and Kiffen won't shut up.....polar opposites in so many ways....

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1944 on: August 09, 2010, 01:52:16 AM »

26 days until the season opener!

WAR[/color] EAGLE!!![/color]

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2010&month=9&date=4&hrs=11&ts=12&min=0&sec=0&tz=local&lang=en&show=dhms&mode=t&cdir=down&bgcolor=%23CCFFFF&fgcolor=%23000000&title=COUNTDOWN%20TO%20AUBURN%20FOOTBALL!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1945 on: August 09, 2010, 01:56:39 AM »

I just have try that again to see if I can get the color to work. It used to, but now it isn't. It could be operator error...

WAR EAGLE!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1946 on: August 09, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »

Go Kansas State!

Yep.  Going back down there tonight for followup tests tomorrow.  I am nervous.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1947 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »

None - hang in there!  Don't let them burn you out.  Not worth it.  I'm not saying don't do a good job... maybe you just need to not be so excellent..  Monkey Devil!  I hate corporate America.

I'd say this is it. Make or break. Anything less than 10 wins will probably to it. Just making it to a bowl won't be enough. Grant you, Texas and ND maybe 40 wins or so behind, in the all time category and percentage wins. Having that number be eclipsed in less than five years would be hard on the Dawg House TVs. Of course that would mean an increase in TV purchases for Michigan fans across the country which would be a stimulus for the economy!
On a more pleasant note Its good to here the rest of our Monkey teams should have plenty for me to cheer for!!!!!!!
Bean hope the followup is good for the pup.
None make sure you use your vacation time up, all of it. Even if its once or twice a month just to clear your thoughts. There will always be another dead line after the current one.
Pdh 25
KTF were does Washington play ASU this year?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1948 on: August 09, 2010, 09:11:57 PM »

Nice to see ya Kiwi.We got ASU in Seattle on 10/9/10!The Dawgs just started practice today so I'll look for a handful of days to get out to watch em,as well as hit up the spring game before I fly out to Salt Lake here soon!I can't not emphasize the excitement for college football,period.....Nothing compares!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1949 on: August 10, 2010, 12:42:32 AM »

Hey Kiwi......is my Orange and Navy Blue fainting couch ready?

Around the SEC....there are a couple of teams that worry me outside of the regular teams we fret over.....South Carolina and Mississippi State. We will be favored to win, but that means next to nothing in the SEC.
I think Florida will win the SEC East, and AU will win the West.....but it won't be easy.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1950 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »

You should have seen the looks on the vet and tech's faces when I put a purple K State scarf on my Annie today when we were ready to go home.  I promised that I would do that to pay tribute to the outstanding job they've done with my little girl.  She isn't out of the woods but she can at least eat now and we know what we are dealing with.  So Saturdays in the fall I will be sporting red and my girl will have on purple.  (When we play them I will allow her to wear red AND purple)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1951 on: August 10, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »

You should have seen the looks on the vet and tech's faces when I put a purple K State scarf on my Annie today when we were ready to go home.  I promised that I would do that to pay tribute to the outstanding job they've done with my little girl.  She isn't out of the woods but she can at least eat now and we know what we are dealing with.  So Saturdays in the fall I will be sporting red and my girl will have on purple.  (When we play them I will allow her to wear red AND purple)
Glad to hear Annie is doing better!! 

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1952 on: August 11, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »

Kiwi's Dawg House Games of Week One! All your teams colors are dusted off and ready. Big screens are fixed. Extra couches in your team colors are available at a moments notice, for your guests!
Wreck- OSU- Washington State
Cuz- Ark- Tenn Tech
Bean- Neb- Western Kentucky
Pdh- AU- Ark State
KTF- Washington- BYU
Texasmom- Texas- Rice
GO- Wisconsin- UNLV
CBB- Tenn- Tenn-Martin
SB- Florida- Miami(OH)
Sharon- Miami- Florida A&M
Dawg House Pick- East Carolina- Tulsa
Too many to list- Alabama- San Jose State
Please add your team to the list unless its USC. Just kidding we probably would let you in.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1953 on: August 11, 2010, 06:35:27 AM »

You should have seen the looks on the vet and tech's faces when I put a purple K State scarf on my Annie today when we were ready to go home.  I promised that I would do that to pay tribute to the outstanding job they've done with my little girl.  She isn't out of the woods but she can at least eat now and we know what we are dealing with.  So Saturdays in the fall I will be sporting red and my girl will have on purple.  (When we play them I will allow her to wear red AND purple) o

Awww....poor little girl Annie. She has really had a rough time. It's good to hear that she can eat now. Kudos to the wonderful vets at K State!

I am fortunate. My excellent vet went to Auburn, and if my pets needed specialized care I would just head down to AU to their vet school. I wouldn't have to buy an extra scarf..... WDE!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1954 on: August 11, 2010, 06:38:41 AM »

Kiwi's Dawg House Games of Week One! All your teams colors are dusted off and ready. Big screens are fixed. Extra couches in your team colors are available at a moments notice, for your guests!
Wreck- OSU- Washington State
Cuz- Ark- Tenn Tech
Bean- Neb- Western Kentucky
Pdh- AU- Ark State
KTF- Washington- BYU
Texasmom- Texas- Rice
GO- Wisconsin- UNLV
CBB- Tenn- Tenn-Martin
SB- Florida- Miami(OH)
Sharon- Miami- Florida A&M
Dawg House Pick- East Carolina- Tulsa
Too many to list- Alabama- San Jose State
Please add your team to the list unless its USC. Just kidding we probably would let you in.

WOW Kiwi!!!   It's gonna be a great party in the Dawg House!!!

I promise I'll behave this time.....  

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1955 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »

Oh Yeah....I almost forgot the countdown!

24 Days!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2010&month=9&date=4&hrs=11&ts=12&min=0&sec=0&tz=local&lang=en&show=dhms&mode=t&cdir=down&bgcolor=%23CCFFFF&fgcolor=%23000000&title=COUNTDOWN%20TO%20AUBURN%20FOOTBALL!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1956 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:16 AM »

Here's one of those worthless pre-season polls....

Let the discussion begin!   

http://espn.go.com/college-football/powerrankings

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1957 on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »

Wow... major flooding in Iowa - check out Iowa State campus underwater.  5 ft of water inside the basketball colesium.  Read the football players were working all day putting up sand bags. 

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=778863199910&ref=mf
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1958 on: August 11, 2010, 08:16:20 PM »

Here's one of those worthless pre-season polls....

Let the discussion begin!   

http://espn.go.com/college-football/powerrankings

Yep.  Until they start playing we have no way of knowing who is worthy of what ranking.   

Heard that due to reduction in scholarship players Lame Kiffin is changing the practice schedule to mimic that in the pros.  Longer practices but fewer and no pads. 

I can tell you this is exactly what Callahan did here.  The 2nd team players were having water balloon fights during practice.  Not practicing.  They became out of shape and well... you saw what happened.    Monkey Devil!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1959 on: August 11, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

Wow... major flooding in Iowa - check out Iowa State campus underwater.  5 ft of water inside the basketball colesium.  Read the football players were working all day putting up sand bags. 

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=778863199910&ref=mf

http://www.cyclones.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=0&id=718487

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.