March 19, 2024, 03:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256342 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »

Bean, we were stuck in the airport with delays and we hustled to find a bar with TV screens so we could pull for the Huskers, what a turnaround it was  People were staring at us yelling GO PEACHES !!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing what a guardian angel can do !! Bo's comments post the game reflect WHY he's quality too, lucky you!

BOC I"m in your neck of the woods, going to see son early tomorrow to give him a mom hug for good luck !! All predictions are this game will be a nailbiter but I'll be praying to Rick and to Peaches to pull us through.

I see no one's talking about USC winning AGAIN  oh well. I was glad to see UGA win and I'll check back in after we win (fingers & toes crossed) 

Take care all!

I continue to stand with the girl.
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 02:56:08 AM »

Wow! I feel lke Peaches has just christened this thread with her approval!

Wow!!

That was amazing. We love and miss you Peaches!

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 03:05:27 AM »

So sorry about Peaches. I always enjoyed her comments.

Looks as if Tennessee will not lose a bowl game this this bowl season.

What do you  monkeys think of the new Tennessee coach and staff?

Looks like the Hokies beat the Bearcats!

I'm impressed BOC. Looks like Lane is bringing in some good ones. You should be looking forward to a very good future. And I for one am excited about it for the SEC. Above all, I pull for a strong SEC. Dang S. Carolina!! And way to go Vandy, huh?!

Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 03:13:27 AM »

Hey Big Orange!! I'm bumping this from the last thread for my thoughts on the new coach:   

Being a life long University of Tennessee fan I was thrilled with the official announcement of Monte Kiffin as our new defensive coordinator. It was a rumor that had been circulating since Lane was hired, but I didn’t get too excited about it in case it didn’t happen. The main criticism I have heard in regards to Monte is he is an NFL coach, not a college coach. Remember he was the head coach of NC State, the defensive coordinator for Lou Holtz at Arkansas, and he was a defensive coordinator under Tom Osborne at Nebraska. Obviously he won’t be out on the road all day everyday like some of the coachs, but he will be closer on the recruiting front. Imagine being a stud defensive prospect considering Tennessee. Monte comes and sits in your living room, taps his Super Bowl 37 ring on the table, and says "I can get you to the NFL". That’d be enough for most any kid to say Tennessee is the place for me! If the other rumors are true, that Ed Orgeron is coming as well, Tennessee will have a core of very good coaches, and recruiters as well. Now we need a qb.

As for the coming season I’m not one of these Vol fans that think we have to make it to the SEC championship game next year for next season to be successful. For me, a successful season would be 7 wins + a bowl game, beating one of Bama, Florida, or Georgia, and the team to improve from game 1 to game 10. Also I would like to see a swagger that Tennessee hasn’t shown in the past few seasons. Well I just wanted to express how happy I am at the direction the program is going. Here is a link to the Monte Kiffin article.
http://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=889433 .

This is what most Bama fans thought about our season too. 8 wins is good. But the talent in the SEC is amazing and what a differance a good coach can make! Not anything against Fulmer but you know what I'm saying. Tennessee is an elite program that has made some very good decisions lately and will bounce back sooner rather than later!

Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »

From your voice to God's ears, Spook! Good to see you, BTW! 

Nonsuche! If you are in BOC's neck of the woods,you are in my neck of the woods!!! If you need or want a place to light while you run around the country, just let me know!!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »

None... best of luck to you guys today in your big game!!  I have to work so will only see the end of it.  We know there's an angel looking out for you today as well.

Laughing at the site of you and little None screaming at the lounge.  That is funny.
It worked because we held them to only 4 yards of rushing TOTAL.

BOC and CBB re TN.  I think everyone is amazed at the staff they are putting together.. but Daddy does has some connections.  No doubt they will be a recruiting machine.  As you know, proof comes when they win games.  Monte can coach a college team.  Key is for that group to gel as a staff and that egos don't get in the way and that they develop kids. We've discussed this alot here.  Pros to college doesn't always work.  It should be a very exciting and fun time in TN.  Good luck. 

Will check back later - have to leave for work early... have a good one all.  Enjoy the day None!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »

CBB thank you precious but I am using all of my rewards points from all that travel at work to pay for my room and flight! Since many of us may be downsized soon I decided I deserved this trip !! Please pull for us, I saw son early this morning and told him the monkey aunties and uncles are pulling for him - along with RIck and Peaches !

Bean - I am so glad you had that win, it really validates that old school coaches with integrity still matter.

Fulmer is not a bad coach nor is he incapable of competing with the likes of Saban. He lost an outstanding OC and hired someone that got good press but wasn't as good as publicized. That's all that happened there, Fulmer did a lot for TN and I have to say I resent hearing he's not good enough.

We play an SEC team today and we don't underestimate that and they may well win over us, I still think wise people realize that there are great programs beyond the SEC also.

We're pulling out now, Beans & CBB & Kiwi & GO thanks for your support so much ! Kiwi could you have a wine cooler chilled and handy for me in the dawghouse in case we lose ? 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 08:38:36 PM »

None,  I went ahead and opened you up a nice bottle of wine... it's at the doghouse bar... Man that was a close game.  That last TD call for KY was a BAD one.  You were robbed - his knee was down.  I hate that. No excuse with instant replay.

I am having an equally bad day - I bet on Tx Tech, E Carolina and Bama. Now come on Bama and play some damn ball!  I think they are stunned like NE was yesterday the first half.  Hopefully they awake from their coma and play like they can.

Come on and roll tide! 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »

None the wine coolers are chilled I already started in on them sorry! Bean was right it was very close. Hey and Utah what can I say. I know the Wolverines only were 3-9 but we started out by losing to Utah in a close game. Still does anyone have a spare spread offense QB for next season? The Dawg House was and is still open to all!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:09 AM »

I cannot believe that BAMA lost to Utah. More so I cannot believe that Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss.

I have firmly come to believe that there is far too much time between last regular season game and bowls. The Bowl games have become a crap shoot and it makes no difference what teams did during regular season.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »

Hey Bean and Kiwi, I'm headed to the dawghouse now for libations, I need some wine !!! arrrrrghhhhhh!!!

If son had made that one play on the 4th down he would have made ESPN sportscenter for a miracle play, geez amongst our OL breaking down along with bad throws and butterfingers with others - well we lost that game nonetheless. The officiating left much to be desired in the second half but it was still our loss to own. Oh well.....

I am more shocked by Ole Miss winning. I was so surprised JPW didn't go to Julio in the 4th of the Bama game, even triple teamed he's still a threat he's so talented.

Red, as a parent I was upset to hear some of our players were allowed to go out and party this week and do strip clubs???? Thank heavens my son knows I"d have worn his behind out if he had, but I think coaches need to make better decisions leading up to these bowl games.

I guess we have plenty of time to dissect this 

BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 12:45:29 AM »

CBB thank you precious but I am using all of my rewards points from all that travel at work to pay for my room and flight! Since many of us may be downsized soon I decided I deserved this trip !! Please pull for us, I saw son early this morning and told him the monkey aunties and uncles are pulling for him - along with RIck and Peaches !

Bean - I am so glad you had that win, it really validates that old school coaches with integrity still matter.

Fulmer is not a bad coach nor is he incapable of competing with the likes of Saban. He lost an outstanding OC and hired someone that got good press but wasn't as good as publicized. That's all that happened there, Fulmer did a lot for TN and I have to say I resent hearing he's not good enough.

We play an SEC team today and we don't underestimate that and they may well win over us, I still think wise people realize that there are great programs beyond the SEC also.

We're pulling out now, Beans & CBB & Kiwi & GO thanks for your support so much ! Kiwi could you have a wine cooler chilled and handy for me in the dawghouse in case we lose ? 

None you are right on the money to what happen to Fulmer. I would have given him another year with understanding of 8 wins or agree to resign. I am excited with what is going on with the staff Kiffin is bringing together. AS CBB said we need to get a great QB in the fold. I hope Kiffin can get Crompton on track as I think his offense will fit Crompton better.

None who recurited that team talent at Ole Miss? He is now at Tennessee. 

Spooky sorry about the Tide loss. I support all SEC teams as well some ACC.  I guess I will have to consider Utah as a possible National Champ.

BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »

Hey Bean and Kiwi, I'm headed to the dawghouse now for libations, I need some wine !!! arrrrrghhhhhh!!!

If son had made that one play on the 4th down he would have made ESPN sportscenter for a miracle play, geez amongst our OL breaking down along with bad throws and butterfingers with others - well we lost that game nonetheless. The officiating left much to be desired in the second half but it was still our loss to own. Oh well.....

I am more shocked by Ole Miss winning. I was so surprised JPW didn't go to Julio in the 4th of the Bama game, even triple teamed he's still a threat he's so talented.

Red, as a parent I was upset to hear some of our players were allowed to go out and party this week and do strip clubs???? Thank heavens my son knows I"d have worn his behind out if he had, but I think coaches need to make better decisions leading up to these bowl games.

I guess we have plenty of time to dissect this 

Sorry about the Pirate loss. Memphis does have some great clubs.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »

I cannot believe that BAMA lost to Utah. More so I cannot believe that Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss.

I have firmly come to believe that there is far too much time between last regular season game and bowls. The Bowl games have become a crap shoot and it makes no difference what teams did during regular season.

Weird day yesterday.  All 3 underdogs win.  I agree that timeoff plays a roll.  I will add that attitude can be added to the mix.

The BCS does not put the best teams against each other because they are more concerned about how fan bases travel.  That makes some of the matches a joke.

Teams that WANT to be in the bowl tend to play better than those that feel they should have been in a better match up.  Texas Tech was way better than they played.  I think the snubbing by the Heisman, the B12 tie breaking fiasco etc got to them.  They had a choice - to come out and fight to prove a point or whine and lose.  They lost. 

I'm in shock over the BAMA loss.  I'm sure Andre not playing had an effect but they got beat soundly.  Is Utah that good?  We'll never know.  They sure looked good.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »

If son had made that one play on the 4th down he would have made ESPN sportscenter for a miracle play

None I was driving home from work and so only heard it on the radio.  It takes the whole team to win.  Tell him we love him and support him.  He comes back next year right?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »

BOC you should have an interesting year ahead of you with all the change.  I shared with the others earlier that MK was a frat bro of my father at NU.  My mom just told me they double dated throughout college.  LOL  So I have to cheer the guy on.

Don't forget today is the international bowl - first bowl in U of Buffalo's history.  The entire team from '58 that didn't play (because they wouldn't let black men play back then) are being treated to the game by the school.  I'd think there will be some interesting coverage of that.  Hard to imagine.

I'll be rooting for Turner Gill for sure. 
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

none, I was running around with DD#3 all day yesterday and half the night so I did not get to see NASCAR's game.  I am so sorry I missed it!  Tell him I am sorry they did not win but to keep up the good work next year! 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 01:20:27 AM »

Some pretty large upsets in the NFL playoffs with Az and Chargers all winning.At home both teams proved they can stay with the best. We'll see if they can hold on the road or with poor field conditions.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »

None- Sorry I missed the game. For some reason the game time was a lot earlier than I was expecting. At least they were right there at the end. NASCAR is still my hero for working through injury and having the opportunity to make the difference. Never really understood the point of partying the night before a game on any level.
Red- I really agree the time between end of regular season and bowl games can be very long. Not an excuse, but the Big 10 finishes about 6 weeks out in the middle of November.
plus I would love to see a playoff system. Just with the Rose Bowl's revenues to the Pack 10 and Big 10, that kills most discussion of a playoff, for now.
Bean- Going to take my son to the Fiesta Bowl and try to buy tickets there. On line there are a few thousand around. Should be able to get a good seat and price with my seating chart in hand. Just hope I buy real tickets!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 07:00:15 AM »

Bean- Going to take my son to the Fiesta Bowl and try to buy tickets there. On line there are a few thousand around. Should be able to get a good seat and price with my seating chart in hand. Just hope I buy real tickets!

Enjoy the game w/son... Had that happen to me once - bought tickets outside stadium and went to my seats.  Shortly thereafter another couple had tickets for same seats.  Thank GOD mine were the legit ones and the other couple had to leave.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.