April 18, 2024, 11:07:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 257579 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2009, 05:46:40 AM »

Pdh - AU won over FL  UA lost to TN so will you play TN for the SEC? I admit I haven't had time with company here to catch up on all of the next steps.

Don't worry about cost right now, I'll email you about the size and of course you gotta wear his #   

His shrimp was pretty good stuff and he even made homemade hush puppies  His girlfriend seems to understand him really well and bless her heart for that, jocks aren't easy to navigate.

Well up early to make molten chocolate cupcakes for them to take back to school with them so I['d better get busy.

Monday starts spring football 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »

Unfortunately, AU lost to TN today in the semi-finals. TN will play MS State for the SEC Tournament Championship. I'm not sure if we'll get to play in the NCAA Tournament or not. We may be NIT bound.

I'll watch for your email! 

Hush puppies? Real, home-made hushpuppies?
If Nascar ever goes back on the market, I have two beautiful daughters who have absolutely no interest in the kitchen. They just look really good in aprons.
He could make hush puppies and shrimp to his heart's content down here in my kitchen, and no one would dream of interfering. Heck....we'd worship him and do all the dishes

Good luck to Nascar and casa's boy in Spring practice. We're so proud of them!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »

I happily did the dishes.

Yep real homemade hush puppies and twice baked potatoes and shrimp with fresh green beans?

One never knows PDH, he could hit the market again.......I never say never. This one does tend to pout a good bit 

AU is good stead for UNC lost to FSU today, but I'll keep my fingers crossed you make the NCAA.

Thanks for the good wishes, son seems more than ready to start official practice. He's been out running 5 miles/day hoping to be in better shape than others when the season starts. We hope so......

I'll email later, just got son and girlfriend off and I'm soooo tired - whew ! I have a little work I have to get done with my real job tonight.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »

chocolate molten cupcakes?     oh man they sound good.

Chiming in to support our SM football kids.  Don't be shy cuz we want to brag on them all.  Tell us how spring practices are going. 

Happy Monday all!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »

There was some good food at none's house this weekend!

The other big name RB holdout Bryan Brown also went to TN. So they have David Oku and BB in their stable. I'm glad we won't play them after 2009 until those two are gone.
AU has a great stable of RBs, so that really isn't a biggie to us. But those kids will make some waves in the SEC if their idiotic coach can stay out of trouble.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »

I admit it Bean, those molten cupcakes are like crack 

yes we did eat well and practice has started, so everyone chime in on dates for your spring game in the coming weeks !

BOC needs to shake up Kiffen a bit, or put some duct tape over his mouth at times 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2009, 02:20:19 PM »

There was some good food at none's house this weekend!

The other big name RB holdout Bryan Brown also went to TN. So they have David Oku and BB in their stable. I'm glad we won't play them after 2009 until those two are gone.
AU has a great stable of RBs, so that really isn't a biggie to us. But those kids will make some waves in the SEC if their idiotic coach can stay out of trouble.

LOL PDH I know alot about these two guys since they have both been hanging out in Nebraska trying to decide where to go.

1.  We are hearing that OKU will most likely have to go Jr College route - even though he did transfer to Lincoln so he could make the grades. ha. 

2.  No WAY those 2 egos will both play for TN at the same time.  But likely only one will make it if any.

I think you are WAY safe. WDE
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

I admit it Bean, those molten cupcakes are like crack 

yes we did eat well and practice has started, so everyone chime in on dates for your spring game in the coming weeks !

BOC needs to shake up Kiffen a bit, or put some duct tape over his mouth at times 

I was thinking that is why BOC hasn't been around.  Either embarassed OR he is meeting with "Lame" personally to tell him to STFU!  He is beyond dangerous.  Recruiting violation waiting to happen if it hasn't already.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »

LOL beans..WDE!!!

Lane Kiffen comes from the Land of Pete Carroll who has never had to pay for a single violation even though we all know about Reggie Bush. There are many, many others besides Reggie. Pete just ignores the NCAA as if it doesnt exist, and USC refuses to cooperate with any investigations. LK probably thinks he can do the same at TN, but this is the SEC, and people will go after him.
Bama is being looked at again for violations,  but I don't know if the NCAA can stand another go-around with that bunch, because they are still in court from the last set of sanctions. Some of the parties involved are suing the NCAA, even though they are guilty as heck.
The NCAA needs to do something about the Reggie Bush deal before anyone will have any respect for them again, anyway. I think most coaches are gonna start doing like Pete, and just refuse to even take their phone calls. If it's OK for USC to do that, then it's OK for anyone else. The NCAA has lost a lot of it's power because it has not administered sanctions fairly across all conferences. I think those Bama people will win their suit, or settle out of court for lots of money,and that'll be it for the NCAA.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »

Well I am still disappointed in "Lame".  Heck, Bo Pellini coached for Pete Carroll and Pete recommended him for his current job.  Lame is the son of a former Husker!  Monte was a frat bro of my dad's!  I am so disappointed.  He appears to me to be a spoiled brat.  If he comes out and has a first season like Saban did then fine.  I'll shut up (but won't like him).  Never saw anyone make so many enemies before ever playing a down.  And to go after Bama and Florida.  LOL  Talk about locker room fodder.  Ego.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2009, 09:08:34 PM »

I think again, as much as people tire of me posting it (or bama fans), that Saban changed the rules of the game. Carroll had begun changing the rules of the game but Saban knowing this, is not afraid to kick the NCAA door harder - or the Bama boosters along with him.

It reminds me of what we allowed to happen in corporate america with the CEO's, as we see, increasingly it's not about the good of the stockholders (or the program) but about what their take is - hence the enormous salaries now. Those salaries were also negotiated in a strong economy and it remains to be seen what kind of impact the declining economy will have on gate/ticket sales along with contributions and even capital projects related to football.

So I don't think the NCAA or any entity for that matter, can shut down the egos or even the blind ambition and greed anymore, to actually enforce. All played a part in this, even ESPN, many have their hands all over this and should 'own' the mess it's becoming.

pdh & bean, expect an email later to you both with a link 

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »

I talked with my son tonight after two days of practice.  His comments were, "long and hard."  The purple/gray game is on April 17 which is a Friday.  Of course, I will be working!  Not sure if I can take off and go as this time of the year is SO busy for me with state and federal paperwork to complete!  none, hope your son is having a good spring practice and you will be able to attend any spring games he has! 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »

I talked with my son tonight after two days of practice.  His comments were, "long and hard."  The purple/gray game is on April 17 which is a Friday.  Of course, I will be working!  Not sure if I can take off and go as this time of the year is SO busy for me with state and federal paperwork to complete!  none, hope your son is having a good spring practice and you will be able to attend any spring games he has! 

Casa let us know how it goes!!  What year is he?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »

casa, I'm sorry to hear the game is on a Friday !?! I expect a lot of parents won't be able to attend and that's really unfortunate. I hope your son Speedy has a great game anyway! Last season I found an employee of the university who is a former ref in Big East and tapes all of the games for his support and pleasure, he was kind enough to send me copies of the games I had to miss. Maybe you can find someone like that with DVD's you can view? Son is doing well and his girlfriend is there visiting this week too, so he's extra happy. His team already has some injuries rolling off winter work-out's too so just keeping my fingers and toes crossed our boys can stay healthy. Yes I plan to make the game but we're lucky, ours is on a Saturday or else I would not be able to attend either.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2009, 11:49:29 AM »

I need to make a correction.....

I just read an article which was an interview with Tubby, and I guess he's not planning to work for AU in another capacity like I had been told earlier. Maybe they offered and he told them to take a hike. 
He is apparently looking for another head coaching job. The possibilities mentioned by the writer of the article are Miami and Texas A&M.... Tubby has coached at both schools, so I could see that happening. It made me sad to even read about him. I will miss him on the sidelines.
But he will probably be coaching somewhere in 2010, and our loss is their gain. Right now he's playing golf, doing speaking engagements, and vacationing while cashing those big checks from AU.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »

Thanks for the update casa!
Tell Speedy we're all hoping he has a great year! Good luck to him on April 17th!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »

I need to make a correction.....

I just read an article which was an interview with Tubby, and I guess he's not planning to work for AU in another capacity like I had been told earlier. Maybe they offered and he told them to take a hike. 
He is apparently looking for another head coaching job. The possibilities mentioned by the writer of the article are Miami and Texas A&M.... Tubby has coached at both schools, so I could see that happening. It made me sad to even read about him. I will miss him on the sidelines.
But he will probably be coaching somewhere in 2010, and our loss is their gain. Right now he's playing golf, doing speaking engagements, and vacationing while cashing those big checks from AU.

LOL  Both Miami and A&M currently have coaches.  That cracks me up.  They are both in the hot seat but no way they fire Sherman after 2 seasons.  Not sure about Randy at Miami. 

I'm glad he is looking for a head job if that is what he wants to do.  I personally think that Donors were running the show and the AD is incompetent and made a BAD decision on Tommy.  He'll find something great no doubt.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:13 PM »

It wasn't really the donors...it was one or two powerful men on the Board of Trustees who never really liked Tubby. They were the ones behind the Bobby Petrino affair, and one of them was on that plane. The current AD is just their tool. Luckily, when their BOT term expires, they'll be gone. I think the AD won't last long either.  It just wasn't in enough time to save Tubby from getting the boot. I just hope Tubby ends up somewhere that appreciates him. He deserves it.
And I hope Coach Chizik is successful. The kids deserve that, because they've worked hard and been through a lot.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:32 AM »

It wasn't really the donors...it was one or two powerful men on the Board of Trustees who never really liked Tubby. They were the ones behind the Bobby Petrino affair, and one of them was on that plane. The current AD is just their tool. Luckily, when their BOT term expires, they'll be gone. I think the AD won't last long either.  It just wasn't in enough time to save Tubby from getting the boot. I just hope Tubby ends up somewhere that appreciates him. He deserves it.
And I hope Coach Chizik is successful. The kids deserve that, because they've worked hard and been through a lot.

Yes.  Forgive me I thought they were donors.  i kept reading about those 2 being involved in the hiring process.  And yes tool would aptly describe the AD.  Tubby will get a good job.  He is smart enough to know not to step into another political mess.  He will be fine. 

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

Unfortunately, AU lost to TN today in the semi-finals. TN will play MS State for the SEC Tournament Championship. I'm not sure if we'll get to play in the NCAA Tournament or not. We may be NIT bound.

I'll watch for your email! 

Hush puppies? Real, home-made hushpuppies?
If Nascar ever goes back on the market, I have two beautiful daughters who have absolutely no interest in the kitchen. They just look really good in aprons.
He could make hush puppies and shrimp to his heart's content down here in my kitchen, and no one would dream of interfering. Heck....we'd worship him and do all the dishes

Good luck to Nascar and casa's boy in Spring practice. We're so proud of them!

Thanks so much pdh!  Knowing that you all are interested in him makes him smile really big!  He mentioned my computer friends the other day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.