March 28, 2024, 09:29:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256652 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »

I'm sorry but the government has messed up enough... and doesn't deserve a voice in the BCS... like they don't have enough on their agenda to fix?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4115867

House meeting today on the BCS.

Give me a break.  What say you?

Beans

I say.....it needs to be fixed, and I don't give a flyin' leap who fixes it, as long as it gets done!
College Football has done nothing to make the change happen itself, so who's left that has any power at all to force the issue?  I guess only Congress can do it, since no one else involved in NCAACF seems to be inclined to do the right thing.
It doesn't need to continue with things the way they are. It's a very sore spot with Auburn Tiger fans, because we were robbed. Any repairs to the system that they claim to have made because of what happened to us did not make it any better. Utah was the victim this year. A playoff system is the only fair way to do it. Schools like SoCal are against it, because then they'd have to face some real competition, and that would be a lovely sight to see. That's reason enough right there to do it...

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2009, 10:29:05 PM »

PDH I had read about the "Auburn Ride"...think they all got in and drove to Bham.  Bet they were all giddy in that thing.  Fun.  At least your coaches can DRIVE to their destinations!  We need a Red Hummer Jet.  ha.  Gotta get to TX man.  beans
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »

I don't think we'd be crazy enough to turn any talent from Texas away.....but we do grow plenty of it at home.....besides, I think we pledged to stop at the Louisiana border

But if there's some extra Nebraska talent you don't need...like some big, Bo Pellini coached, corn-fed O Line types......I'm not exactly begging, mind you, but just suggesting that you share the bounty. I'm positive I could get you a ride in the Tiger Prowl.

WDE

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »

oh this makes me smile, pdh is baaaack and really excited about her tigers again 

I love the tiger hummer  I have a visual of pdh standing on top doing this 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »

I love the new coaches, especially Tracy Rocker. I loved him and his brother David when they played for AU.  I am encouraged by his comments and his total dedication to AU. He's a huge asset, and the AU family is thrilled to have him.
I don't know if Chizik is the real deal as far as a head coach, but when he was our DC, we had one of the best defenses in the country, and the probably the best one in the SEC. So I know he can coach and motivate to that degree. Iowa State is not AU. If he can coach, he has all the tools he needs now to be very successful.  If he's not, he and Jay Jacobs will be run out of town by that Hummer.........

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.....
The dog is encouraged, too. I bought him a new AU neck kerchief. He's working hard in training, and he wants to relearn his cheer in case we actually score this year....

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: May 03, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »

I don't think we'd be crazy enough to turn any talent from Texas away.....but we do grow plenty of it at home.....besides, I think we pledged to stop at the Louisiana border

But if there's some extra Nebraska talent you don't need...like some big, Bo Pellini coached, corn-fed O Line types......I'm not exactly begging, mind you, but just suggesting that you share the bounty. I'm positive I could get you a ride in the Tiger Prowl.

WDE

LOL  Yep we do grow some tall mean farm boys just perfect for O line.  ha.  Alot of them are walk ons - some eventually play pro ball... But if I see of any extras I'll send em yr way.  LOL at promising me a ride in the Auburn mobile. 

Yes None - I'd say PDH has a "skip in her gidd-e-up" again.  Good to see it.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: May 03, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »

I love the new coaches, especially Tracy Rocker. I loved him and his brother David when they played for AU.  I am encouraged by his comments and his total dedication to AU. He's a huge asset, and the AU family is thrilled to have him.
I don't know if Chizik is the real deal as far as a head coach, but when he was our DC, we had one of the best defenses in the country, and the probably the best one in the SEC. So I know he can coach and motivate to that degree. Iowa State is not AU. If he can coach, he has all the tools he needs now to be very successful.  If he's not, he and Jay Jacobs will be run out of town by that Hummer.........

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic.....
The dog is encouraged, too. I bought him a new AU neck kerchief. He's working hard in training, and he wants to relearn his cheer in case we actually score this year....

Refresh my memory PDH.. do you have an OC seasoned enough to run the O while GC focuses on the D?  We were very lucky we didn't lose our OC to Bama when they came courting shortly after Bos hire.  They make a fantastic team.  World of difference and we are concerned we won't have him many more years as he will make an awesome head coach.  Anyway - a strong OC would help a heap.. but I'm sure you already know that. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2009, 10:10:13 PM »

Yes! We have Gus Malzahn.....who has been very successful everywhere he's coached...he is a winner!!!
In the A-Day footage, I saw a lot to be hopeful about, but mostly, it was the fact that everyone was on the same page on offense, and the confusion was gone. The enthusiasm was back, and the kids were having fun. That's the biggest difference.....the mental part. Last year, it was as if those kids were in misery all the time they were on the field. It's no wonder they couldn't move the ball. The conflict between the coaches, and the disarray in the offensive scheme, was eating the team alive from the inside out. All of that seems to be gone, and it must feel good to those kids to have the fun back on the field. The new regime has had the linemen bulking up, and they look like beasts, versus last year when the coaches had those kids lose weight to become faster for the spread. We saw how well that worked.....they were run over.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »

Yes! We have Gus Malzahn.....who has been very successful everywhere he's coached...he is a winner!!!
In the A-Day footage, I saw a lot to be hopeful about, but mostly, it was the fact that everyone was on the same page on offense, and the confusion was gone. The enthusiasm was back, and the kids were having fun. That's the biggest difference.....the mental part. Last year, it was as if those kids were in misery all the time they were on the field. It's no wonder they couldn't move the ball. The conflict between the coaches, and the disarray in the offensive scheme, was eating the team alive from the inside out. All of that seems to be gone, and it must feel good to those kids to have the fun back on the field. The new regime has had the linemen bulking up, and they look like beasts, versus last year when the coaches had those kids lose weight to become faster for the spread. We saw how well that worked.....they were run over.

Sounds like a good combination.  Go get em.  WDE!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »

Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey

We should have some fun with these this year. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »

I may own this one...... Monkey Devil!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2009, 10:40:25 PM »

Monkey Devil! it's just so US isn't it? Where is cuz?

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »

here i am!!!!
i was just about to make a comment about gus malzhan when i saw your post!!!
i did not realize that gus had left tulsa to go to auburn. how in the world did i miss that??? i am sure pd knows the history but refresher for frijole and none. he was the high school coach at springdale ark when mitch mustain and the williams kid(both at usc now) were there. they all came to ark, including the coach as oc under nutt. big time clash and malzahn was gone after 1 year to tulsa. and of course you know what happened with mustain!!! so pd....i assume with malzahn as the oc.....the wildhog offense will be in place??lol!!!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

I think they may use a variation of it....but it won't be called "wild hog".......

I read about his offense, and it seemsvery similar to what FL uses too. Of course, Tebow is their main weapon, so there are differences where they tweaked it for him. I think just about everybody in the SEC now uses some form of it, and they just customize it for their personnel. AU is still a running back school, so I'm sure that'll be our emphasis, more than the QB1. We are loaded with backs, and they are awesomely talented. I hope he's smart enough to use them and be inventive enough to let the backs do what they can do so well, but mix it up enough to keep everybody else guessing....

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »

it's a new breed pdh, the tigerhawg 

truthfully unless you have Tebow, you have to have a running game in your mixed bag of tricks. Son has last exam tomorrow afternoon then one week off before summer school and work-out's begin. He's aiming to hit a 4.0 this semester so send up some monkey prayers if you can, his hardest exam is tomorrow!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »

truthfully unless you have Tebow, you have to have a running game in your mixed bag of tricks. Son has last exam tomorrow afternoon then one week off before summer school and work-out's begin. He's aiming to hit a 4.0 this semester so send up some monkey prayers if you can, his hardest exam is tomorrow!

Has he decided on grad school? Not too bad at all. (4.0)

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »

Has he decided on grad school? Not too bad at all. (4.0)

He is planning to do grad school and be a grad assistant, but just know he doesn't have an overall 4.0 although Mom really wishes he did  He was hoping to make only 4.0 his last year for he knows it will help him with his applications.

He's home tonight and unfortunately I have to work late, but one benefit from working from home is he's in my office regaling me with stories about some of the more colorful coaches.  Don't tell him but having to work has one benefit, he can't try to coerce me to play Guitar Hero on his PS system  Monkey Devil!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »

Good luck to Nascar!
My daughter had a 4.0 last semester, but I'm not so sure about this one.....she's having finals too, next week. I guess she'll be showing up at my door for food in between tests...

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »

She will do great, we're pulling for her 

Happy Mother's Day PDH !!  an angelic monkey

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

Happy Mothers day tottotototottttto. T all allto

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.