March 28, 2024, 05:32:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256622 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »

Well Kiwi...this is at last an answer, kinda sorta, and an interesting strategy. Not exactly conventional, or conservative, but what the heck...

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/ncaafootball/michigans-rodriguez-plans-to-play-3-qbs/635381

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: August 23, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »

Kiwi... not sure what to think of this... RR plans to start THREE? QBs first game?  WTH?

Surely he knows by know that you are the fastest, toughest dog in the pack!   

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4417543
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: August 23, 2009, 06:56:54 PM »

PDH too funny... I didn't see your post when I added mine....   Go Kiwi!
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: August 23, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »

if that guy doesn't tie his shoelaces....how does he keep his shoes on??

let's see if any other team can beat this for a tough schedule???
arkansas plays all 5 of the ranked SEC teams..(thank god we don't play texas this year....we've got texas am at dallas this year) we play #1 Florida,#5 Alabama,#8 Ole Miss, #11 LSU, and #13 Georgia. we always play everybody in the sec west but our east schedule rotates....so we got lucky this year with both florida and georgia!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: August 23, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »

cuz I don't know how he keeps them on but I can tell you, that tightly tied laces/shoes do reduce the mobility in your ankles. Not sure if he has his taped which also reduces mobility, but if he can keep the cleats on without laces I'd probably tell him to go for what is his mojo for mobility = speed. I'm glad you skip TX and UGA, that's a stroke of luck for sure. I think Spurrier has a really tough schedule this season too, and he does play FL but not sure about TX. The SEC is always tough but yes, you do have a tough schedule.

Pdh - the assault thing/charge does sound a bit hinky and let us know how that turns out. Were there witnesses? I couldn't find much detail on the web this morning but haven't looked again - work demands took over the moment I returned from driving Mother six hours today. I do respect that Chizik is making it clear this is serious to him though, even if it was a raw deal for Eric, he will benefit from Chizik's commitment to doing the right thing. If something is hinky, then Chizik will ferret that out too I suspect. An equitable man is a great ally.

As for Julio and favors that would not surprise me at all - there are so many fans over the edge that would give anything just to brush up against that kid. He is so very talented but some people just lose all perspective. I know the players are told clearly what they cannot do, it's written in handbooks too - but........somehow some don't want to hear it. Needless to say if it was an alum or a booster, they should have known better too. Ridiculous if that happened. As for Upshaw, I think it's a huge mistake not to punish him significantly. We all encounter men/women who want to push our buttons, however we're responsible for how we respond to that. Amazing that Saban doesn't respect UA's own campus officer? Have to wonder how that's going to play out among the campus police ranks.

Bama has one great young man in Greg McElroy (QB), their new leader, and I hope they do right by him - that includes Saban and the entire team.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: August 23, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »

Well cuz....the SEC ain't for sissies, that's for sure!....
I think AU will be lucky to win 6 or 7 in this rebuilding year. I'm planning on taking what I can get, and being happy with any signs of progress. A championship team is about 3-4 years away again. I'm being realistic about it, but still.....AU has a way of taking a game down to the wire sometimes.
Might I suggest that you get your Xanax filled early and often? I plan to have plenty on hand for the SEC season, because Kiwi may ban me if I break another TV. I just expect to get crushed by FL and LSU, and if the opposite happens it will be a pleasant surprise.
Do you play FL before we do? Whoever goes first can wear them down for those that follow... Monkey Devil!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: August 23, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »

Cuz, our sportswriter featured 4 teams he thought should have been n the top 25 or at least he feels will get there and Arkansas is one of them.  He mentioned it is tough due to their schedule.  Also heard Steele say the same thing on Sirius.  So people are noticing progress and do know it is a tough road this year.

PDH... you get a pass this year... building year they call it.  And if the 2nd year aint all that it is because you are still bringing in a new type of player.  Ask me how I know this.   

BTW I failed to mention that our player that was dismissed was NOT in trouble with the law.  It was a team rule violation (repeatedly) that did him in.  Bo sent him home for the summer and told him to get rid of his best friend Mary Jane or not to come back.  He came back and ... 

I was thinking about RRs 3 QB system and assuming they play weak games to start I guess its a way to see what they are made of before it gets real tough.  I just don't understand why he hasn't been able to find a decent QB to go to Big Blue.  There are talented spread option guys out there... weird.   

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: August 23, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

Arkansas may be the surprise team of the SEC! I think they could possibly take a top 25 spot away from somebody as the season progresses.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: August 24, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

Well despite my staying away you guys have managed to wish away my summer.     We have had very little of it the way it was.  So now I have to relent and admit the reality that football season has arrived.   

I have not even followed the Badgers that closely except to read that we booted our two starting safeties.  It was never revealed why.  It was a weak area anyway.  I have no idea who the heck will turn up at quarterback except we will not follow Michigan's lead and play 3 in our first game.  Talk about being undecided.  It doesn't sound like anyone wants the job.

All I hear as I breeze through ESPN is that there is nobody to challenge Florida for the National Championship.  The will end up eating those words.  It will be interesting to see which teams emerge this fall. 

Good luck to all and even if I don't post I will still be peeking in.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: August 24, 2009, 08:07:25 AM »

GO!  Good to see you.  Been on any vacations lately?  Yes it is the season.  Glad you are back and we will cheer you on win or lose!  I hope your coach can turn it around.  He is tight with Barry O right?

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: August 24, 2009, 09:21:12 AM »

pd....looked at the paper and it just had the schedule for the first 4 weeks...no florida...so not sure when we play them.
missouri state first week, open week, georgia comes to ark, then we go to alabama!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: August 24, 2009, 02:51:26 PM »

None-Excited is an understatement!Will be jumping on here more so i can learn who's rooting for who.I appreciate all the extra information coming from different parts of the country.I will try to find some links with more condensed Pac-10 info!I'm sure you all could find these all yourselves but this will condense PAC-10 stuff for you and make all you SEC,BIG-10,BIG EAST,ACC as well as BIG-12 maybe get yourselves up to date on some PAC-10/Westcoast stuff.We on the westcoast are aware of the Eascoast bias...

Updates from around the Pac-10...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/1871/pac-10-camp-updates

Some ratings of the Pac-10 coaches

http://www.bustersports.com/blog/pac-10-news/2009/08/24/pac-10-the-top-10-coaches/

Some links from ESPNS Ted Miller...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/1876/pac-10-lunch-links-still-many-depth-chart-questions

To show you what a good sport i am i will post some LSU stuff!!GO DAWGS..

Article on LSU quarterback position...

http://www.lsureveille.com/sports/football-tigers-add-depth-to-qb-position-1.1818993

Les Miles downplays LSU football team's Associated Press ranking

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2009/08/les_miles_downplays_lsu_footba.html

This last article is from the Oregonian which will give you a bit more of Oregon/Oregon St. info as well as some added Pac-10 stuff from an Oregonian,so take it with a grain of salt!

Well,hope that gives you Monkey's somethin to chew on for awhile.Please leave links from the midwest,southeast,as well as eastcoast for us westcoast fans!Thanx...KTF

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »

None-Excited is an understatement!Will be jumping on here more so i can learn who's rooting for who.I appreciate all the extra information coming from different parts of the country.I will try to find some links with more condensed Pac-10 info!I'm sure you all could find these all yourselves but this will condense PAC-10 stuff for you and make all you SEC,BIG-10,BIG EAST,ACC as well as BIG-12 maybe get yourselves up to date on some PAC-10/Westcoast stuff.We on the westcoast are aware of the Eascoast bias...

Updates from around the Pac-10...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/1871/pac-10-camp-updates

Some ratings of the Pac-10 coaches

http://www.bustersports.com/blog/pac-10-news/2009/08/24/pac-10-the-top-10-coaches/

Some links from ESPNS Ted Miller...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/1876/pac-10-lunch-links-still-many-depth-chart-questions

To show you what a good sport i am i will post some LSU stuff!!GO DAWGS..

Article on LSU quarterback position...

http://www.lsureveille.com/sports/football-tigers-add-depth-to-qb-position-1.1818993

Les Miles downplays LSU football team's Associated Press ranking

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2009/08/les_miles_downplays_lsu_footba.html

This last article is from the Oregonian which will give you a bit more of Oregon/Oregon St. info as well as some added Pac-10 stuff from an Oregonian,so take it with a grain of salt!

Well,hope that gives you Monkey's somethin to chew on for awhile.Please leave links from the midwest,southeast,as well as eastcoast for us westcoast fans!Thanx...KTF

Here's the link for the last article..Forgot to post..

http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2009/08/pac10_football_monday_morning.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »

Hey Keep....Can we designate the Huskies to beat SoCal this year? Somebody has to take those arrogant semi-pros out of Championship contention....might as well be your team!

South Carolina is the latest team with casualties from legal troubles. I bet coaches dread the weekends.

cuz...we're gonna give the Hogs the job of taking down Bama first. Go for it! We won't play FL unless we get to the SEC Championship game....so somebody needs to take them out first....if that's even possible. We will face the new and improved TN Vols this year instead, as well as GA and LSU, Arkansas, Bama and WVA. Hence...the Xanax standing by.

( Sorry spooky! I just can't stand Little Nicky Saban. I can't support his success at Bama, but I do support the kids who play for him.)

Gosh! 11 days and counting until AU's first game!

WDE!!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: August 25, 2009, 12:19:02 AM »

KTF we'll be pulling for you against LSU, all season long for I know you're a rabid fan of your Huskies - but pdh might be able to cast some of her special football voodoo for you to win over LSU although I think that's going to be a real mountain to overcome. 

pdh - you make me bust, I love to hear you talking football  Little Nicky

I think Spurrier has his hands full honestly........for whatever reason the gamecocks consistently have someone in trouble.

Yea I think the Hawgs need to beat FL first to pave the way, I like your strategy 

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: August 25, 2009, 08:08:16 AM »

GO!  Good to see you.  Been on any vacations lately?  Yes it is the season.  Glad you are back and we will cheer you on win or lose!  I hope your coach can turn it around.  He is tight with Barry O right?

Yes, he was hand picked by Barry.  He recruited him as an assistant coach, probably with his own retirement in mind.  He knows defense, but has been very weak in recruiting.  I think that is why we have had the problems at QB and DB.  The rest of the team usually has solid recruitment.  I am not real certain about the discipline issues with the team.  There have been quite a number lately.  I do not know if it is a sign of the times or just a change in quality of character being recruited.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: August 25, 2009, 08:59:03 AM »

i fear it is just a sign of the times! we pay more attention to our football and basketball players because they are so high profile. look at the general population of college students and the percentage is probably a lot higher for arrests,drugs,alcohol,etc......i bet assault is the only one higher for the athletes. what a shame.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: August 25, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

Nick Montana's offensive lineman from Oaks Christian commits to the DAWGS over offers from Notre Dame,Cal,Ucla....Coach Sark & Crew are gettin it done!

http://washington.scout.com/

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=264&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d264%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010

BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »

Remember the excel spreadsheet helmet schedule?  It is back!  Download here... enjoy.
http://simononsports.blogspot.com/2009/04/download-2009-college-football-helmet.html
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: August 25, 2009, 09:41:04 PM »

Thanks beans!!!!

Hey GO! Good to see you around these parts!

9 days until the season officially kicks off!!!!!

Kiwi....Need any help with the Dawg House? Since you have Quarterbacking duties, you may need some extra hands....

nonesy....How's Nascar doing? Is he ready to fire up his engine?

Has anyone heard any news on our Speedy?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.