March 28, 2024, 10:21:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256658 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #660 on: September 09, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »

Bean - I think Baylor is one to watch too, what an offense! I agree it's sad to see Oklahoma lose two top players so early.

GO - what a scary owl avi you have now, is that your game face? I don't think so many teams blew the field in top form in the season opener, son's included. First half we looked outstanding, second half our opponent made adjustments and it changed the entire game. Hopefully both of our teams will pull a better strategy together by this week's game.

Welcome wreck, great to have OSU on board !

pdh - I have an interesting tidbit for you, knowing how you love the Trojans and Carroll. One of son's big supporters at the university tracked me down last weekend, invited us to his tailgate. His son is the head of videography for the UCLA sports program  I told him to bring that boy home !!

I hope everyone's teams has great games this weekend and WINS! I'll be driving 12 hours round trip for son's game, then flying out for work on Sunday. We have a tough one this weekend and a tough one next weekend too. I'll try to check in before I leave on Sunday.

Go you-know 

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: September 09, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »

Bean - I think Baylor is one to watch too, what an offense! I agree it's sad to see Oklahoma lose two top players so early.

GO - what a scary owl avi you have now, is that your game face? I don't think so many teams blew the field in top form in the season opener, son's included. First half we looked outstanding, second half our opponent made adjustments and it changed the entire game. Hopefully both of our teams will pull a better strategy together by this week's game.

pdh - I have an interesting tidbit for you, knowing how you love the Trojans and Carroll. One of son's big supporters at the university tracked me down last weekend, invited us to his tailgate. His son is the head of videography for the UCLA sports program  I told him to bring that boy home !!

I hope everyone's teams has great games this weekend and WINS! I'll be driving 12 hours round trip for son's game, then flying out for work on Sunday. We have a tough one this weekend and a tough one next weekend too. I'll try to check in before I leave on Sunday.

Go you-know 

well your son's team should have a good season.  enjoy cheering them all on.  the time goes by so quickly.  I do sometimes miss the times when I was able to watch my kids play or perform.  After that it was a blast seeing the teammates all again at the weddings.   I do watch my grandchildren, but it is not quite the same. 

My new look reflect my mood these days.  I feel very stern!!!!!

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: September 09, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »

Go you-know 

well your son's team should have a good season.  enjoy cheering them all on.  the time goes by so quickly.  I do sometimes miss the times when I was able to watch my kids play or perform.  After that it was a blast seeing the teammates all again at the weddings.   I do watch my grandchildren, but it is not quite the same. 

My new look reflect my mood these days.  I feel very stern!!!!!
Baylor scares me! Great young QB. In the Big XII South  -- A&M is the only "weak link"................. and they ain't no picnic either!!  It is the toughest division of ANY Conference in the country. I'm afraid that by the time we all play each other .... no one will be able to stay undefeated. This will hurt any team's chances of actually winning it all! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:44 AM »

None... long weekend for you.  Give Nascar a hug and a kick in the butt from us.  GO NASCAR! 

Oh yeah.. we played Baylor last yr when Griffin (QB) was a mere pup.  Guy has some moves.  Fast too.  No one is taking them for granted.  Sucks because they were always a guaranteed win.  Bryles doing a nice job. 

A&M sucks because they hired our former AD and a ton of Callahan's former coaches.  I think the only position that wasn't replaced by a former Husker coach was the Def Coordinator... who you all know was the worst coach ever.  They are reliving our NFL experience.  Good luck to them.

I am hearing that Leaches' crew isn't nearly as strong at D this year... at least after game 1.  We are all counting on you to take the South.  YOu can do it. 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »

We have Fresno State this weekend.  They are always a problem.  Certainly not known as a national power, but still come up with some good players.  I don't know much about them except they won 51-0 last week.  They must be able to move the ball.

I hope we get things together this week.

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »

go ...your avi is mesmerizing!!!!
i hope texas a&m is weak this year....razorbacks play them in the dallas cowboys new stadium this year!!!
good luck to everybody this weekend...we have an open date so i will pull for everybody else!!!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: September 10, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

go ...your avi is mesmerizing!!!!
i hope texas a&m is weak this year....razorbacks play them in the dallas cowboys new stadium this year!!!
good luck to everybody this weekend...we have an open date so i will pull for everybody else!!!

Cuz, you will KILL them.  Trust me on this.  Just think Callahans staff and remember 2 years ago when we were totally embarrassed on national TV.  Yes sireee.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: September 10, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »

Frijole, I have been to a game in Lincoln (vs. Oklahoma)!! Best fans in the country! (I went with a few friends that played for OU). I was rooting for the Huskers!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: September 11, 2009, 06:58:32 AM »

Frijole, I have been to a game in Lincoln (vs. Oklahoma)!! Best fans in the country! (I went with a few friends that played for OU). I was rooting for the Huskers!!
What year? Maybe I was there.  LOL

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: September 11, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

I THINK it was 2001 or 2002. They honored both Osborn and Switzer at halftime of the game.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: September 11, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »

I THINK it was 2001 or 2002. They honored both Osborn and Switzer at halftime of the game.

That would have been awesome.  I was still living down in Florida at that time.  Didn't come back home til a couple years later. 

They did a real cool program last year in OK at the game honoring both programs and word is we are reciprocating this year.  Switzer is a piece of work.  LOL  Love how we and Osborne play off of each other. 

Did you all watch the Clemson GA Tech game last night?  It was good.  I was pulling for Clemson.  They almost pulled off the come back. 

Tonight is the Colorado Show.  They play Tulane (i think) and I am watching just to see if CO is really that bad or if it was a fluke.

Almost game day again guys! 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: September 11, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »

That would have been awesome.  I was still living down in Florida at that time.  Didn't come back home til a couple years later. 

They did a real cool program last year in OK at the game honoring both programs and word is we are reciprocating this year.  Switzer is a piece of work.  LOL  Love how we and Osborne play off of each other. 

Did you all watch the Clemson GA Tech game last night?  It was good.  I was pulling for Clemson.  They almost pulled off the come back. 

Tonight is the Colorado Show.  They play Tulane (i think) and I am watching just to see if CO is really that bad or if it was a fluke.

Almost game day again guys! 
Truth be told, one of the guys with us on the trip was Switzer's "running buddy" (Oklahoma's old Wrestling coach Stan Abel). I actually never met Switzer that weekend though. Being the lone "Cowboy" on the trip was interesting to say the least!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: September 11, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »

I did watch the GA Tech-Clemson game! It was boring in the first half, but the second half was fun. Clemson's baby QB1 has tons of talent......he may be one to watch in the next couple of years. It was a great effort by Clemson to come back. I was pulling for them too!

Poor Troy has to face FL this weekend. They've got guts.....I'll say that for them.I think they may hang with FL for a while, and then it'll be too much.

ND vs MI.....GO BLUE! I pick MI because RR is a much better coach. He'll have a good plan.

OSU vs USC....well.....
I hope OSU sends those spoiled brats home with nothing left. I am so tired of hearing how great USC is this year.
BTW...where is our OSU fan...MuminOhio?

Bama vs FL Atlantic.......no contest there.

Nonesy -  I think Nascar's team can do it!

AU vs MSU....please! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: September 11, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

I did watch the GA Tech-Clemson game! It was boring in the first half, but the second half was fun. Clemson's baby QB1 has tons of talent......he may be one to watch in the next couple of years. It was a great effort by Clemson to come back. I was pulling for them too!

Poor Troy has to face FL this weekend. They've got guts.....I'll say that for them.I think they may hang with FL for a while, and then it'll be too much.

ND vs MI.....GO BLUE! I pick MI because RR is a much better coach. He'll have a good plan.

OSU vs USC....well.....
I hope OSU sends those spoiled brats home with nothing left. I am so tired of hearing how great USC is this year.

My two favorite teams.... Wisconsin Badgers and any team that plays ND...... Go Michigan!!!!!!!!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: September 11, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

OSU vs USC....well.....

There's an O.S.U. in Ohio too???? 

(uhhhh..... I don't think your gonna hear from "MuminOhio" here anymore!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: September 11, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

Thanks to our former AD we are set up to play 3 teams from teh Sunbelt conference this year.  Next up Arkansas State.  Go Big Red.

Gotta cheer for Michigan. 

PDH - MSU?  Miss State?  (Missouri Southern?) 

GO - Go Wisconsin 

Wreck - you'll be fine.  Not a cupcake though, 

I'm not thrilled with seeing either USC or OSU win.  Reason?  USC wins I gotta hear the garbage on ESPN.  OSU wins I'm afraid they'll go to the dance and we'll have another crappy championship game.  Hows that for thinking ahead too much?  ha ha ha

None...you got a tougher one.  But agree.. it can be done.  Play lights out and beat the crap out of em.  OK?   

Cuz? who is up again?  Go Pigs! 

Going to watch Colorado in a few... Go Puffs!  ha.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #676 on: September 11, 2009, 10:08:25 PM »

Tonight is the Colorado Show.  They play Tulane(actually Toledo) (i think) and I am watching just to see if CO is really that bad or if it was a fluke.Almost game day again guys! 
Guess we know the answer now --- CU sucks!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: September 11, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »

Toledo's coach (Beckman) is our old Defensive Coordinator.... Dan Hawkins at Colorado was in HOT water even before the season started -- he's gone!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: September 11, 2009, 11:26:03 PM »

Hey beans...it's the newly revived Mississippi State University Bulldogs with their new coach....an SEC game, so the stakes are high for both teams.

I don't think OSU will beat USC, but I sure am hoping they do. OSU can never seem to get a good game plan against their opponents in these highly publicized games. If Oregon State can do it, surely somebody on the coaching staff at Ohio State can figure it out....right?
 I will never, ever give USC any respect until they play a schedule in a conference as tough as the SEC, and until they stop paying people to play for them a la Reggie Bush. That's not gonna happen. However, ESPN has been getting lots of complaints about how much they push USC, so most of the football-loving public knows they aren't the real deal anyway, since they always have a cream puff schedule. ESPN is the only place outside of So. CA that really gives them much love.

Nascar...Good luck buddy! Your SM family hopes you KICK THEIR BUTTS!!!!

WDE!!!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: September 11, 2009, 11:45:02 PM »

Toledo's coach (Beckman) is our old Defensive Coordinator.... Dan Hawkins at Colorado was in HOT water even before the season started -- he's gone!!

My MOTHER emailed me and said Hawkins should call the moving van!  My MOM!   

Sad thing guys is I was just reading a link that showed the recruits ratings that are playing in this game and they are a GOOD group of athletes (well not the QB).  Dan Hawkins has LOST this team.  This is exactly what happened with Clownahan at NU.  Team gets divided, probably over the QB being played (his son and he sucks) and they don't even try.  I feel sorry for them.  They are looking pathetic.

Wreck the problem with firing him is CUs athletic dept is BROKE.  They can't afford to buy him out.  They are still paying off Barnett.  Seriously.  They are in a real pickle.  They have wealthy alums but none of them GAS about football.  Maybe they'll can him and interim promote an asst.  Don't know how they can keep him much longer.  I checked they play Wyoming next.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.