March 28, 2024, 03:12:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256606 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: September 11, 2009, 11:48:53 PM »

PDH... have to share...Jason Peters (former NU and NFL player) has a radio show now.  Riding home tonight he said NO WAY USC wins because Terrell Pryor is just too stupid.  Did you hear what TP said about Michael Vick?  Theres video of him defending MVick saying "everyone kills..."  he was totally illiterate and should NOT be allowed to talk to the press EVER.  Too embarrassing.  No WAY he passed an ACT test.  Peters said he's too dumb to run an offense.   Monkey Devil!  Hadn't thought of that before but you do have to make quick decisions... guess we will see.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: September 12, 2009, 09:24:17 AM »

Game Day!  Time for the monkeys to don their colors and root their teams on to victory.  We had a great day last Saturday and need to keep up our winning record.  Good luck to all.

I heard a rumor that Kiwi will see significant time today.  He'll be covering Charlie Weis.   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: September 12, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

Go Dawgs(Washington)

Wreck..Your Cowboys are killin em in recruiting!Wreck's glass over floweth with stud recruits!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: September 12, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »

Go Dawgs(Washington)

Wreck..Your Cowboys are killin em in recruiting!Wreck's glass over floweth with stud recruits!

Welcome  to the thread!! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: September 12, 2009, 12:30:17 PM »

Go Dawgs(Washington)

I saw your "Angels and Football" comment...................... I thought the Angels played baseball!  Monkey Devil!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: September 12, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

Had to work outside all day so I didn't get to watch any games.   How did everyone come out.  I listened to my Badgers.  We won in double OT.  Not sure what to make of the game since I just listened to it.  I know Fresno was suppose to have a good offense.  I also have known that we had 42 players out this week with the flu at one time or another and several played today with fevers.

I  have no idea how we will do in the conference, but we are still 2-0......

National Championship hopes are still alive............. Monkey Devil!

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: September 12, 2009, 07:42:30 PM »

Thoroughly embarrased. SI cover jinx in full glory. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: September 12, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »

Congrats on the win GO!  Huskers won big over Arkansas State but that isn't a surprise.  Our QB is doing a fantastic job.  His passing is out of this world.  Course the fact his daddy played QB in the NFL for 7 yrs doesn't hurt.  LOL  Cool as a cucumber.

OK State got beat by Houston and that has me upset.  They have to get a defense.  It was a shoot out.

So excited for Kiwi    I would say you found yourselves a great QB!  What a thriller that game was.  Glad I got to watch most of it.

TN got beat by UCLA.  Sorry Lane.

None - sorry, just read that your team lost. Dang it.  Can't wait to hear how Nascar did. 

PDH watching your guys now... looking good so far!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2009, 08:01:01 PM »

I just heard the news...sorry wreck!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: September 13, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »

Wow...so much to cover!

Texas had to fight a little harder than they wanted to out in Wyoming. I wasn't expecting that, but I know nothing about Wyoming.

beans....did you mean no way OSU wins? TP is QB1 for OSU....
OSU could've won that game. I swear I do not understand Jim Tressel and his coaches and their play calling. What were they thinking in the 4th quarter? Good Grief.
Now all we'll hear is how great the freshman QB1 for USC is. And what was the deal with televising the USC press conference? Who cared? It wasn't that big of a win. I can see that ESPN is setting USC up for the BCS Championship game. I almost hope they do go there, and I hope they play FL. The Gators will chomp them to bits.
The real story on the freshman sensation at QB was at MI! That kid really was something to watch! So cool under pressure! He has that indefinable something that makes him a great player. He might be the next big talent emerging. He was much more impressive than that kid at USC. Somebody please tell that to that idiot Brent Musberger, and then tell him to SHUT UP ABOUT USC!

Poor Troy! FL just wiped the floor with them. I do admire their effort though. It might've been closer if Troy hadn't missed so many tackles.

OK ST broke my heart today. Lots of mistakes on defense....what little they had, anyway. They are still a good team, with a wonderful coach, and I am still a fan. One loss does not ruin a season.
It's been a tough start of the season for the state of OK.

Congats to Bama, Arkansas, Wisconsin, and GA!

TN let that game get away from them. They need to learn to finish it off. AU had that problem last year.   It just sucks all the wind out of your team when you do that a time or two.

Sorry about son's loss nonesy! That must've been tough on poor Nascar! He's still the winner in my book anyway!

All I can say about Auburn's game is....IT WAS AWESOME!!! AU is back! We may lose a game or two, but we are definitely back on track, and it feels so good! Kodi Burns had a big night, and it's wonderful the way the coaches are using his talents. He has become the team leader, and he's just such an awesome kid.  Our OC is brilliant. I just love what I'm seeing at AU!

WAR EAGLE!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »

pdh.. yes, messed up ... i meant no way osu wins.  but i will eat crow and say certainly could have gone either way.

It must have been a slow starting day.  Lots of teams trailing or struggling early.  Bama was struggling with FIU, Missouri almost LOST to Bowling Green, LSU struggled early against Vanderbilt, and obviously TX. 

pdh.. i was real impressed with your team.  compare it to last year and its a huge improvement.  you should be very excited. 

did arkansas play?  why can't i get their scores?  lol. 

agree the tate f. is a "force" to be reckoned with.  great game.  kiwi, way to knock off nd.  also enjoyed watching you chasing charlie up and down the sidelines.  he looked thinner at the end of the day.   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »

Bean too funny about Kiwi chasing Weis, I love it

Kiwi, I brought cupcakes for the dawghouse, glad you didn't need to go there but gulping down more than a few to compensate for our train wreck of a game. It was so ugly I just can't describe it. Nascar had a solo tackle that somehow didn't get recorded?  Otherwise he wasn't given a chance to create anything on offense until late in the 3rd Q and suffice it to say, he wasn't given anything viable but then others at his position were not either. Strangely the QB is blaming everyone else? If you read the write-up's it does tell the true story, we just lost to a QB that was all over his game and we were not. So today we lick our wounds and move on......

Bean you and pdh should both be very proud of how your teams performed, I'm so happy for you both !

GO, woooohooo your boys pulled out a nice win.

wreck, come sit by me and have a few cupcakes - maybe we can cry in our beer together.

I was really pulling for OSU to win, they do have an exceptional team this year so maybe they can match up against USC again end of season - I hope so !

Bean I don't think Arkansas played this week.......pdh wasn't that SC vs UGA game surprising? I never expected Garcia would come back like he did and Bean I did see Spurrier in the replays tossing that visor again and again 

I'll be away this week for work but I figure it's good to get my mind off the images from Saturday on that mountain

So onward to the next weekend's games, role call, who is everyone playing? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: September 13, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »

None.. great attitude on the L.  And remember... if you have to lose do it early.

We play VA TECH!  This should be a fantastic matchup.  Both young teams though ours is younger.  VT more solid on defense and NU more solid on offense.  I am nervous already but excited to see what the youth movement can do.  If our O Line can do in game 3 what it has first two games you guys will LOVE what you see out of our rookie QB.  He is at 73% passing efficiency and spot on the money.  Our D is so young.   But they have so taken on Pelinis personality that it is fun to watch.

Travel safely and we'll see you next weekend!  Do you have an easier opponent next week?
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: September 13, 2009, 04:05:29 PM »

beans...I wouldn't worry about the VTech defense. It was pretty pourous for Bama... 
I think you just might win that one! VTech was not all that impressive.

nonesy...I am so sorry about the loss. Hopefully the blame game will stop because it isn't constructive for a team to do that. Look at what it did to AU last year.
Hopefully the coaches will figure out how to fix mistakes, come up with a better game plan, and the next game will be a turn-around. An early season loss is not insurmountable, but to those kids it can sometimes seem that way.
Anyway...no need to blame  our boy...we all know Nascar is perfect!

Thanks for the kind words about AU. We did look good, except for a few defensive glitches. The coaches had to work so hard on repairing our offensive woes that the defense hasn't gotten as much work.....and it really didn't need it. Now I think we're getting both sides of the equation balanced,and we'll be back to the elite program we were before 2008. The offense has come alive in a big way, and with them on the field an acceptable amount of time it makes our defensive job that much easier. And we also got a TD from our defense which we weren't getting last year because they were too worn out. We've gotten some big recruits on defense, and I can't wait to see how they add to the success of my AU Tigers.

GA looked much better Sat.....I guess they worked to correct things. I thought SC would've looked a little tighter too????

I saw a score with Arkansas on the bottom line ticker yesterday. I thought they won...maybe it was last week's score?

I think Charlie Weis is toast....hopefully fat-free .

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #694 on: September 13, 2009, 04:08:19 PM »

I swear....that bad football juju just circles arouond until it lands somewhere it shouldn't. I wanna hire Pete Carroll's medicine man....

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2009, 09:37:33 AM »

pd....razorbacks had an open week this past weekend...(i hate these early open dates)...but guess we don't have much choice...now we play 10 games in a row!! starting this saturday in fayetteville against Georgia!!!(kind of glad they won against sc cuz after 2 losses they would be hoping mad!!)
i did enjoy watching Michigan vs Notre Dame....kiwi...you have been holding out on us....that freshman qb (fortier  sp?) was awesome. i loved his interview after the game when the reporter asked about his nerves....he said he never gets nervous!! he is a talker too!!
sorry wreck and none....at least you can keep each other company in the doghouse!
congrats to everybody else!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #696 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »

pd....razorbacks had an open week this past weekend...(i hate these early open dates)...but guess we don't have much choice...now we play 10 games in a row!! starting this Saturday in Fayetteville against Georgia!!!(kind of glad they won against sc cuz after 2 losses they would be hoping mad!!)
i did enjoy watching Michigan vs Notre Dame....kiwi...you have been holding out on us....that freshman QB (fortier  sp?) was awesome. i loved his interview after the game when the reporter asked about his nerves....he said he never gets nervous!! he is a talker too!!
sorry wreck and none....at least you can keep each other company in the doghouse!
congrats to everybody else!
Sorry for keeping it a secret about the QB issue. Kiwi had to promise not to talk about the freshman QB's. Hopefully they will continue to progress over the next few years. Wow the Wolverines actually cracked to the 25 for awhile. Far better than I would have ever thought. Luck has been missing for a few years!
Well I've enjoyed running the Dawghouse for all these years, so win or lose I'll be there for all the SM teams! Kiwi's paw is a little sore after that last game.
None- they can't win them all. We all here hope they give NASCAR the chance to make the difference.
Wreck- The Dawghouse is always home to any team that loses. We all have our own big screen TV and color matched team couch. I supply the most of the food and drinks. Sometimes specialty food is required and Pdh is an excellent source for that! At some point we all end up in the Dawghouse, except maybe SB who is a Gator fan.
Note to everyone else, your welcome to stop by and visit. Maybe that will keep down the Jinx's effect.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »

Kiwi -  you are ever the gracious host! I'll be bringing the usual game-day jambalaya by the Dawg House win or lose.  I'm thinkin' we need to change our bad juju strategy!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: September 16, 2009, 08:26:08 AM »

Kiwi, I'll bring some Nebraska steaks and fresh corn on the cob.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: September 16, 2009, 09:22:31 AM »

watcha want me to bring?.....take your pick....pork roast,pork chops,chopped,sliced and pulled bbq pork, ham, bacon(i have so many options...lol) ...with some homegrown bradley county pink tomato's thrown in
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.