April 19, 2024, 03:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 257707 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2009, 09:42:37 AM »

ok wreck ya'll quit picking on ole Wofford now  even they would tell you that they aren't a football school

PDH I'm glad you pulled it off and wish you could have seen son, daughter, nephew, and myself all screaming at the TV for the Tigers to win   Monkey Devil!

Well it's off on the plane again for me this afternoon for work but I'll expect updates from everyone for their game week.

cuz I am sorry you didn't have a win yesterday !! I saved you a spot in the dawghouse with me!

I had looked up Wofford to try to find out more about them at half time of our game.  The were scrappy and I can see where they might give many schools trouble.  Especially, if they get an early lead.  I am never sure how some of these schools get on our schedule except I know that by coming into a stadium as large as ours they do get a good paycheck for their school.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2009, 09:46:32 AM »

didn't care much for that "roughing" call in the fourth quarter.  It was clearly either a personal foul on UNC after the play or at the very least a blocking from behind during the play.

Official was out of position to make the call and another should have seen it.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »

GO, actually the Panthers practice at Wofford's facilities in the summer and I do think they are trying hard to improve the program, that said we know their latest QB they signed and encouraged his family to consider it for it is a good, solid academic school but not a brainiac school. Thanks for the reference to that call, I think it's been proven now he was blocked in the back but it didn't help to have a player doing gang hand signals post a TD earlier. Once one of your players does something stupid like that, it's a given your entire team will get more scrutiny as a result from the officials.

sigh........I gotta stop thinking about it. Nascar just left to return to school and I miss him already. I did get around 10 hugs though, I kept going back for more 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »

Some articles about "THE GAME"..If you don't like the Trojans i think this will start your Sunday off right!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/

This the Husky blog done by Bob Condotta.Third post down has LINKS to articles from ESPN,LA,as well as local..Hope you enjoy reading about the profilactics(Trojans)Losing....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »

Some articles about "THE GAME"..If you don't like the Trojans i think this will start your Sunday off right!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/

This the Husky blog done by Bob Condotta.Third post down has LINKS to articles from ESPN,LA,as well as local..Hope you enjoy reading about the profilactics(Trojans)Losing....

Still so excited i forgot the second link....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/index.html

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »

First off, congrats to all that won.  KTF.. no words can describe it.  my bro in Florida said Ty W must be a horrible coach.  what a turnaround at lightening speed.  way to go.

PDH I drank so much wine and was in such deep depression I could only watch the first part of your game and you trailed... so HUGE comeback and win over a good team.  way to go.

None I did get to see your game and they actually hung with them for most of 3 quarters.  Hugs to Nascar!!!

Cuz.. didn't see it.  Looks like it was close.

I honestly don't remember a bigger heartbreaker.  I just wanted it for the kids.  Don't know if you watched the game or not but it was the opposite of what the fans expected.  We thought our D would lose the game or our O would win it.  QB was at 74% passing efficiency before this game.  Our strength was long passes up middle to the TEs and wwe only attempted that once.  Strange.  Lots of reasons we lost but boy they were close.  There is a rumor that our QB broke his thumb but it is just that at this point.

Sorry if I missed anyone... I gotta go into rehab for a bit..
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »

First off, congrats to all that won.  KTF.. no words can describe it.  my bro in Florida said Ty W must be a horrible coach.  what a turnaround at lightening speed.  way to go.

PDH I drank so much wine and was in such deep depression I could only watch the first part of your game and you trailed... so HUGE comeback and win over a good team.  way to go.

None I did get to see your game and they actually hung with them for most of 3 quarters.  Hugs to Nascar!!!

I honestly don't remember a bigger heartbreaker.  I just wanted it for the kids.  Don't know if you watched the game or not but it was the opposite of what the fans expected.  We thought our D would lose the game or our O would win it.  QB was at 74% passing efficiency before this game.  Our strength was long passes up middle to the TEs and wwe only attempted that once.  Strange.  Lots of reasons we lost but boy they were close.  There is a rumor that our QB broke his thumb but it is just that at this point.

The Huskies and Huskers are comin back Frijole..Hope we're both ranked up high like the old days when we meet up both in Seattle as well as Lincon!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »

The Huskies and Huskers are comin back Frijole..Hope we're both ranked up high like the old days when we meet up both in Seattle as well as Lincon!
May the best "Husk" win! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »

Wreck.   

I still am liking OSU Wreck.  Maybe we can meet up for the Big12 Dance later in the year.  Lets shoot for that ok?   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: September 21, 2009, 12:48:35 AM »

Wreck.   

I still am liking OSU Wreck.  Maybe we can meet up for the Big12 Dance later in the year.  Lets shoot for that ok?   

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: September 21, 2009, 02:34:59 PM »

Wow what a weekend thought I was watching bowl game after bowl game! Hope the TV's worked well in the Dawghouse. Sorry for the huge mess while watching the Husker game! Being an honorary Husker fan was tough for that game. What did we have twice the total yards in every stat, except the point!!!! Hmm it still gets my fur up today.
On a great note- Way to go Huskies!!!!! 
GO- Hey there are a little raw. They are my other Big Ten team, I'm rooting for! Hang in there they will make it to a bowl when 
its all said and done.
None- I was only able to see a little of that game. I saw the out come.  How did NASCAR do?
Wreck- OSU is coming back fine!
Pdh- What happened there, one moment were getting killed, then bam we won! Unfortunately I missed the comeback.
Cuz- The old Mich QB did great 400 plus yards passing 5 or 6 td's and a new school record. But....... just not enough for that game. Who do you play next?

Thanks for all the help with the food and drink. Who does everyone have up next? It should be getting more difficult from here on out for the rest of us!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

Kiwi, I am sorry for any damage I did to the  doghouse.. I will gladly pay.  I couldn't help it. 

Finding out a bit more about our QB play on Sat. although Bo doesn't give out info.  He didn't practice today.  Is sporting a bandage/cast/metal device (depending on where you read) on his non throwing thumb.  Bo says he is fine.  LOL.  Luckily we play Louisiana Lafayette this weekend.

This is our 300th sellout celebration - yes this is year 48.  Throwback jersies, back to the sixties themes.  Should be fun.  Course its on pay per view. 

Who does Big Blue play?

Cuz 's team plays a tough one... having a brain fart so can't remember right now.  They have a very tough schedule.

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »

No damage to the Dawghouse or your TV. Most of it was my fault when that large bowl of popcorn almost found its way to the TV. Just being a back up Husker fan! Anyway Blue has Indiana next.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »

LOL... no such thing as a backup NU fan.... Kiwi is the real thing.  LOL

BTW that photo is fantastic - looks professionally taken.  Beautiful dog.  Bet she looks good in blue. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2009, 11:52:21 PM »

Kiwi, I am sorry for any damage I did to the  doghouse.. I will gladly pay.  I couldn't help it. 

Finding out a bit more about our QB play on Sat. although Bo doesn't give out info.  He didn't practice today.  Is sporting a bandage/cast/metal device (depending on where you read) on his non throwing thumb.  Bo says he is fine.  LOL.  Luckily we play Louisiana Lafayette this weekend.

This is our 300th sellout celebration - yes this is year 48.  Throwback jersies, back to the sixties themes.  Should be fun.  Course its on pay per view. 

Who does Big Blue play?

Cuz 's team plays a tough one... having a brain fart so can't remember right now.  They have a very tough schedule.

I think Arkansas plays Bama this weekend.

AU is getting a breather and playing Ball State. Then on to the tough, grinding SEC schedule in the weeks after that. Ball St. will be a the game to complete working out all the bugs before we start conference play, so I hope we're ready.

USC has dropped out of the top 10...Oh Happy Day!

WDE!

Kiwi - It was a mixed bag in the Dawg House this weekend.  Lots of highs and lows. Football season is exhausting!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »

INJURY UPDATE - hat tip Huskers Illustrated board.... Some major injuries.  Kiwi, hope you have an experienced back up center. 

Bradford practice

Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford returned to practice yesterday.
The reigning Heisman winner took part in some practice drills for the first time since separating his throwing shoulder in the season opener. Wide receiver Ryan Broyles said he "didn't really see him all-out extend, but I saw him throw some five-to-10-yard passes."
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...s-to-practice/

UT loses Norton

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas senior middle linebacker Jared Norton will have season-ending shoulder surgery. Coach Mack Brown says he expects Norton to apply to the NCAA for a medical redshirt to get another year of eligibility.
Norton started Texas' season-opening win over Louisiana-Monroe and had six tackles before injuring his right shoulder. A statement from the school did not detail the injury. Norton has played in 38 career games with nine starts.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12243355

A&M loses Fuller

Texas A&M will be without Jeff Fuller for four to six weeks after the wide receiver suffered a broken leg in the Aggies' win over Utah State.
Fuller suffered a cracked right fibula in the second quarter of the win, two weeks after setting career highs in receptions (10) and yards (111 yards) in the opener.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...th-broken-leg/

also... major blows to...

South Florida - star QB Matt Groethe out for season (torn acl last week in a 59-0 win no less)

Notre Dame - WR Michael Floyd out for season (broken clavicle vs MSU)

Boise State - RB DJ Harper out for season (torn acl v Fresno)

Arizona - All Pac-10 TE Rob Gronkowski out for season (back injury v Iowa)

Michigan - starting C David Molk out for most of season (broken foot v EMU)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #756 on: September 22, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

Bean, they asked Kiwi to play that spot. But I suggested when it was all said and done, Kiwi would have been squished!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »

I think Kiwi wouldbe more effective working the sidelines....

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »

PDH I'm glad you pulled it off and wish you could have seen son, daughter, nephew, and myself all screaming at the TV for the Tigers to win   Monkey Devil!

I wish I had seen that!  You should've seen me.....I was hoarse the next day!
Being an AU fan is not for the faint of heart!

LOL....you should've heard me yelling at one of Nascar's team mates to get out of the way with is big head so I could see Nascar a little better! I'm almost sure he heard me from way down here!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »

EDIT BUTTON!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.