March 28, 2024, 03:35:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256610 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #840 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:27 AM »

Georgia up on LSU and Washington up on Notre dame -- life is good!

Hello from Louisiana......
Sorry, Mere! Being from Okie Stae -- I cannot root for Les Miles!

Wreck.....I know nothing about football....but I was cooking red beans and listening to all the screaming in the den, so I wanted to see if there was anyone from Louisiana in here....lol.   
Les Miles (the coach of LSU) was at Oklahoma State before he moved on to LSU. That is fine, but he did his smarmy move 3 days BEFORE our bowl game that year. Screw him!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: October 04, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »

Way to go.......

CANES

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: October 04, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »

Cuz... told you that you would cream them.  Congrats!!! 

PDH... you did it!  Are the polls out already? How you know you aren't rated?  I find that hard to believe.  Impossible.  You gotta be.  You would cream some of the teams above them.  I did get to see some of the game.  Looks like your D has improved.  (or TN's offense is just awful? ha ha ha)  Either way - great game.  Led the whole time too.

I am following PDH's lead and staying mum on our next game - Thursday night against Missouri.  Big game for us.  Doesn't start til 8 pm?!  I will need to nap at work I guess.  ha ha ha 

Congrats to all.  Kiwi... your QB will win you many games in the future so you have alot of hope on your side.  Nothing to be ashamed of. 

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: October 04, 2009, 12:21:49 PM »

hey sharon!!! good to see you in the football thread....miami/ok was a very entertaining game! congrats to your team!!!

pd....auburn coming to fayetteville next weekend...i am sure gus malzahn is going to have something to prove!!!

wreck...hope we beat up on a&m enough for your cowboys to pound them so more....lol!!!

thanks for the email none....enjoyed the clips....go nascar!!! i did not save the paper about the article on speedy did you? i thought casa sent it to you?
anyway, it was just about how tough it was for him to sit out but he knew it was for the best so he can come better and stronger...etc!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: October 04, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »

I'll let Wreck sit back and not put a mojo on his team.  I say OKie State puts the hammer on A&M.  Coach crying at halftime.  Go orange. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #845 on: October 04, 2009, 01:37:01 PM »

hey sharon!!! good to see you in the football thread....miami/ok was a very entertaining game! congrats to your team!!!

pd....auburn coming to fayetteville next weekend...i am sure gus malzahn is going to have something to prove!!!

wreck...hope we beat up on a&m enough for your cowboys to pound them so more....lol!!!

thanks for the email none....enjoyed the clips....go nascar!!! i did not save the paper about the article on speedy did you? i thought casa sent it to you?
anyway, it was just about how tough it was for him to sit out but he knew it was for the best so he can come better and stronger...etc!

I agree congrats to Miami ! 

everyone who emailed back today thanks, I am on conference calls so it may be late tonight before I can respond back - sigh work again.

I was waiting for casa to respond back it was okay to post the article, I haven't heard back from her so I'm posting it without the names/faces and hopefully that will be okay with her?

Speedy works toward making full recovery

The XXX (name of team) are enjoying another quality season on the gridiron.  They is ranked 12th in the latest coaches poll. However, this squad has obtained success without the services of a very talented Union County product.

Former El Dorado wide receiver Speedy was heading into his senior campaign with huge aspirations.  As a junior, he compiled 735 yards receiving and seven touchdowns.  Speedy also led the team with an average of 16.7 yards per reception.  Due to his qualilty season Speedy was named to the Southland Conference Honorable Mention team.  The 6-2 receiver had plans on producing even bigger numbers this year.  However, an unexpected occurrence put a halt to Speedy's vision.

During the first week of summer practice, he suffered a major knee injury.

"It was the first day of practice and we were doing pass-skel.  I had a skinny-post.  I went across the middle, and I jumped up for the ball.  As I jumped my knee locked out and buckled.  I tore the meniscus and my ACL as well.

"I knew right away it wasn't good.  But I was in denial at the beginning.  After I laid on the field another five to ten minutes to try and regroup, I walked off on my own power.  But after that, I knew because I had a big knot and it started to swell.  I knew that wasn't good at all."

Speedy admits this ordeal has not been easy to handle.

"It's tough.  It's been hard.  But, I've got almost my full range of motion back.  It's tough but it has been worth it," he said.

Is it the physical or mental pain that has at times become unbearable for Speedy?

"It's probably 50-50," he answered.  "The physical pain was real bad the first couple of weeks.  But the mental part has been tough too."

Due to still having NFL aspirations, Speedy has begun to view this injury as simply a minor setback.

"I expected to have a big year.  Being the leading receiver coming back, I had put in a lot of time in the summer with the weights and looking at film.  I was getting a lot of chemistry with the quarterback so I felt like this was going to be my big year," he said.  "As far as going to the (National Football) League, I wanted to look good in front of the scouts, so this was a very big year.  As for next year, I just want to get back to where I was.

"A couple of scouts have come in and coach has talked to them.  The coaches have told me what they said.  They (scouts) have not forgotten about me.  But I need to get back to where I was before the injury.  Everything else would be a plus.  I just want to get where I am playing  and not thinking about anything happening to my knee."

Speedy is not giving mere lip service in regard to his rehab.  The student-athlete is working tirelessly to make a full recovery.

I'm probably in rehab about three hours a day.  Then I come home and do another 45 minutes to an hour before I go to bed,"  he stated.  "But, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  I know in the long run it will all pay off."

What a fine young man Speedy is, we're all pulling so hard for him to come through this and end up on top again !! 

I have to run back to work but again, thanks for all the kind emails everyone !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: October 04, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »

I'll let Wreck sit back and not put a mojo on his team.  I say OKie State puts the hammer on A&M.  Coach crying at halftime.  Go orange. 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: October 04, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

I'm sorry for puting the mojo on Washington and Georgia - never again!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: October 04, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »

PDH... you did it!  Are the polls out already? How you know you aren't rated?  I find that hard to believe.  Impossible.  You gotta be.  You would cream some of the teams above them.  I did get to see some of the game.  Looks like your D has improved.  (or TN's offense is just awful? ha ha ha)  Either way - great game.  Led the whole time too.

The AP poll has us at #17 today. It just came out. But seriously.....last week we were 4-0, and unranked, and some teams have losses but were still in the top 25? So how did AU go from nothing to being #17 overnight? Literally overnight! And ESPN kept showing USC game clips all night during the AU-TN and talking about how good they are....but they have a loss to an unranked team. 
The media is in love with USC, but there are several other teams who are much, much better. It just boggles the mind how stupid the media can be.

I guess they couldn't ignore us any longer since we just keep on winning. We are 2-0 in the SEC now.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-10-04/auburn-south-florida-move-ap-top-25

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: October 04, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »

Thanks for posting the article about Speedy. What a great kid! He's in my prayers for a full recovery. God Bless him!
Speedy and Nascar are what college athletics are supposed to be all about....character and hard work, and a love of the sport.

cuz.....All I'm gonna say about going into Fayetteville is.....Good Luck to the Razorbacks!
You know I'm all for the Hawgs, but with this one exception!  Monkey Devil!
WDE!

Who's playing USC?  Whoever it is....I'm their biggest fan!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #850 on: October 04, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »

He's a BEAST!  Gotta love it!

10-0 Dallas early 2nd qtr

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: October 04, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

Finally Auburn gets some luv.  WTG PDH.     

There are alot of weird things still to shake out in the polls.   Hopefully the field will straighten it all out.  Way too political for me. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »

Yeah the bad football mojo is very dangerous.  I may have bad football juju-ed my team last year by my pre-game discussions. But I have learned to shut up about specifics.

This year, I drink coffee out of my good luck Auburn coffee mug, and just mainly leave it at that.....

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: October 04, 2009, 10:39:57 PM »

GO we have a few of those too, believe me, if not for wildcard plays last two games we would have never pulled them off. Our QB has some work to do.....gratefully our defense has really stepped up and is playing really well to compensate.

How was the symphony? I hope lovely and that you and Mrs enjoyed it.

It was a great evening.  We had a special invite to the gala opening dinner by the company she works for.   Could not have paid those prices ourselves.  Great food, speakers and then Copland, Chopin and Beethoven.....

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: October 05, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

Was at the game in South Bend to cheer on my Dawgs!If ya ever get a chance to take in your home team at Notre Dame stadium,it is quite special.Although i was on the receiving end of a heart-wrenching loss,I couldn't have asked to see a more special game,at a more special place!We had some bad breaks but,if ya can't score from the 1/2 yard line..Game Over...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #855 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Well I was visiting in Michigan, since Kiwi has that paw injury, but I missed the game on TV. Interesting side note, Michigan State playing Michigan and no TV coverage unless you had Big Ten network satellite coverage. I did however used a computer and watched the teletype and field graphics from ESPN on delay. Lost in overtime. Coming back from -21 yards rushing to tie with 2 seconds left was probably exciting, if I was back at the Dawghouse watching it live! Hmm
It looks like almost everyone did well this past weekend!
Pdh- Great news they deserve the attention. Go AU

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #856 on: October 05, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

Hey GO your doing great. Good luck the next few weeks with Ohio State and Iowa. Kiwi is for you, until Nov 14th.
Pdh- Its the Jambalaya. Michigan needs some or a sub center. Its been interesting with a back up center.
Wreck- Keep it up OSU (not Ohio State) looks pretty good!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: October 05, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

thanks for bringing the article on speedy over none!!
casa has even bigger news todays.....she is a granny for the first time!!!
she sent pics on the phone....sweet little girl!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: October 05, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »

He's a BEAST!  Gotta love it!

10-0 Dallas early 2nd qtr

Another case of the bad mojo!!!!!!!! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »

OOPS!!! I posted this in the Natalee thread by mistake!!!

Interesting NFL matchup tonight -- Farve and Minnesota Vs. Greenbay!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.