March 29, 2024, 01:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256788 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: October 09, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »

Bo sure is chewing on his gum. I wonder how many pieces he runs through in a game? Ohhh nice throw across the middle just now 

Yeah we all joke about that... gotta be 5 packs.  We wonder if he has a student athlete available to hand him the next piece.  Imagine if he ran out of gum... Ay carumba.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #901 on: October 09, 2009, 01:33:58 AM »

bean....good to see you still cheering even tho i know you are so sick!!! good luck tonight...i will be pulling for your huskers!

wreck....been waiting for that zinger!!! lol!!

cbb.....great to see you!! and such a knowledgable sports fan...you should stop by more often!! i agree about gus malzahn...hard to believe he was a high school coach just 5 years ago.

CUZ!!! OMG!! It's GREAT to see you, too!!    I know, I know, "foo-foo-fluff" not allowed in the football thread; that's why I don't come here very often and when I do, I try hard to make it a down to business post, but I just had to say Hi to 'ya Cuz! OK, end of Foo-Foo! Well, almost........

I just love seeing ALL of you! You guys are like the original family along with the Natalee posters!     OK, now I'm done!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: October 09, 2009, 02:01:17 AM »

CONGRATS Frijole!!!!  Nice comeback!!!

Whatta Win for the Cornhuskers.....

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: October 09, 2009, 08:05:25 AM »

I was going to say something earlier -- but I did not want to bring on the "mojo" again!!!!  Monkey Devil!

Yes I understand the mojo curse... lol

That was the strangest game I have ever seen.  Our offense was 9th in the nation scoring before this game so imagine my shock as we couldn't get a first down... against a defense that wasn't that good.  Then add all of the bonehead mistakes by special teams - another team strength and I was suicidal at halftime.

Bos boys don't quit.  That D is looking pretty good huh?  And None - #93 is the one I told ya about earlier... Ndamakong Suh... some say will be top pick in the draft.  He is a gem.  Great person too.  And a senior dang it.

Just glad to come out with a win.  Can't believe we scored that many points in the 4th quarter.  Might be a record. ha 

Bean, I think bad weather accounts for most of the delay in getting going. It was a driving rain too, that's just hard to hang onto the ball in! Remember that game we had last season in the sleet? It made a big difference, we were slow to start in fact son made a big play on 3rd down that had he not made, we would not have been in a position to win. It's why I pay for better gloves for him than the team supplies.......they matter in hanging onto that ball.

Well I can't spell his name but 94 has a very bright future. I loved the two TD's two minutes apart too - WOOOOOHOOOOO what a rush 

I enjoyed Bo's comments post the game too, he really is a man's man Bean, I can see why you like all that 

Congrats !! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: October 09, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »

that was a crazy game bean!! glad i only started watching the 3rd quarter....i think i saw all the highlights of the game...lol!!!
cbb....i love your foo-foo fluff!!! too cute! yes...this place is the old school homey feeling i love visiting!  an angelic monkey
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #905 on: October 09, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »

CBB- Thank you for the Halloween avatar! We've missing having a Tenn fan, but we've carried your banner even when your not here. Hey I'm glad they except the foo-foo fluff here or I'd have to do serious research on my posts. Still Tenn hasn't looked all that bad this year. Just a little off. I agree that each game now will tell for next season. Michigan is at about the same point in development this season.
Bean our Huskers looked pretty good in the rain. The AZ Cardinals wouldn't have done that well. Go Huskers 

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: October 09, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »

DANG!  I miss all the fun! ::MonkeyWaa::The game didn't start here until 8:00, and I had to give it up at 10:00 and go to bed. I had to be at work early today because we had an emergency appointment this morning for a patient in crisis.
I was hoping the second half would be better, and I knew Bo would make adjustments at halftime.
Congrats to the Huskers!!!!!!

OK...LSU and FL.....I still think FL will win. Their defense is very good, and they're all over the swine flu now. They were able to beat TN even when puking their guts out on the sidelines. (Thanks to ESPN, btw, for showing that to the whole world ) That's just pure mental toughness. Even if Tebow can't play, their back-up QB2 is so good most schools would want him as a starter. They are LOADED with talent at every position. And Urban Meyer is no fool. I think it will be a hard-fought battle, and both teams will get beat up. IMHO, FL can probably beat LSU without Tebow being a major factor in their offense. LSU has a green QB1, and the FL defense will more than likely make his life miserable.

Bama - Ole Miss.....I think could be an ugly game. Bama more than likely will win, unless they have a bad day and Ole Miss has a better than usual game plan, and if the Rebels can execute perfectly. Even preseason, I said Ole Miss was way overrated, and I still think that.

Good Luck to our Neanderthal Nascar! 

AU and Arkansas.....no bad trash-talking juju coming from here. Not one word. 
cuz -  you know I wub y'all. Good Luck to the Hawgs!
That game comes on at 11:00 AM Central time on ESPN.
Kiwi - Will you open the Dawg House early?

Good Luck to whoever is playing USC this week. That's my standard comment about the Pac 10 from here on out!

Kiwi- GO BLUE!

I haven't had time to look at Ok. State's schedule this week, but Good Luck to them!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

I hate the way this thing jumps when I'm posting!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: October 09, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

CBB - Great to see you here! We don't mind fluff! Hang out with us anytime!

On a more serious note....Please pray for this young man. What a sad thing. I feel awful for his family, his friends, and his team.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/10/09/southern-miss-punter-peter-wilkes-still-alive-in-grave-conditio/?icid=main|main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fncaafootball.fanhouse.com%2F2009%2F10%2F09%2Fsouthern-miss-punter-peter-wilkes-still-alive-in-grave-conditio%2F

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: October 09, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »

DANG!  I miss all the fun! ::MonkeyWaa::The game didn't start here until 8:00, and I had to give it up at 10:00 and go to bed. I had to be at work early today because we had an emergency appointment this morning for a patient in crisis.
I was hoping the second half would be better, and I knew Bo would make adjustments at halftime.
Congrats to the Huskers!!!!!!

OK...LSU and FL.....I still think FL will win. Their defense is very good, and they're all over the swine flu now. They were able to beat TN even when puking their guts out on the sidelines. (Thanks to ESPN, btw, for showing that to the whole world ) That's just pure mental toughness. Even if Tebow can't play, their back-up QB2 is so good most schools would want him as a starter. They are LOADED with talent at every position. And Urban Meyer is no fool. I think it will be a hard-fought battle, and both teams will get beat up. IMHO, FL can probably beat LSU without Tebow being a major factor in their offense. LSU has a green QB1, and the FL defense will more than likely make his life miserable.

Bama - Ole Miss.....I think could be an ugly game. Bama more than likely will win, unless they have a bad day and Ole Miss has a better than usual game plan, and if the Rebels can execute perfectly. Even preseason, I said Ole Miss was way overrated, and I still think that.

Good Luck to our Neanderthal Nascar! 

AU and Arkansas.....no bad trash-talking juju coming from here. Not one word. 
cuz -  you know I wub y'all. Good Luck to the Hawgs!
That game comes on at 11:00 AM Central time on ESPN.
Kiwi - Will you open the Dawg House early?

Good Luck to whoever is playing USC this week. That's my standard comment about the Pac 10 from here on out!

Kiwi- GO BLUE!

I haven't had time to look at Ok. State's schedule this week, but Good Luck to them!

WAR EAGLE!!!!

I hate the way this thing jumps when I'm posting!
We play the Aggies tomorrow -- minus our stud WR (see my thoughts above!!!!) 
In a updated development.......... the NCAA agreed to settle out of court today paying one our baseball players $750,000 to drop his lawsuit against them. The NCAA ruled Andrew Oliver ineligible a day before our NCAA tournament appearance a year ago.  (they really have a thing against us) The player had used "legal counsel" when he was drafted out of HS. A court vacated the NCAA's claim and Oliver filed suit against the NCAA. The NCAA apparently is "miffed" and looking for ways to get back at OSU. The whole thing is screwed up and someone needs to take the NCAA to task. Maybe Boone Pickens should throw some money at a class action suit against these idiots!!!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: October 10, 2009, 08:08:31 AM »

wreck I quite agree, who's there to police the NCAA? If what they have let Carroll get away with at USC is allowed, then they have no credibility anymore, just a big stick as we say in the south.

pdh, I saw that about Peter Wilkes, there haven't been any further details published but it's such a tragedy - just horribly sad.

I think bama will take ole miss down, we'll see but I wet my finger and stuck it in the air this morning to see which way the wind is blowing and it came out bama  Monkey Devil!

We have lost some starter to the flu so not feeling today's game will be our best but one never knows. Heck Nascar had the flu, over 100 degree fever and they didn't even let him miss practice much less a game. But certain starters others caught it, poof the coaches allowed them stay in and rest? Oh well, this flu is rampant all over the south now.

Just an FYI, 60 Minutes will feature a new study regarding the lasting damage done to athletes by concussions on Sunday night. I plan to watch. The preview looks disturbing.

Good luck to everyone's teams today and may they make you proud !!  I'll be away with work starting midday today - won't be able to check in until I return. Take care all !

I continue to stand with the girl.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #910 on: October 10, 2009, 09:21:43 AM »

Good morning and good luck to everyone today!!!

I'm hoping WE will play with a little chip on our shoulders today!!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: October 10, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

Morning everyone!  I woke up to 5 inches of snow!!!  Can you believe it?  Earliest ever.  Sure to melt but my dogs weren't too keen on it. 

Some good games today.  We will find out who is real and who isn't in some cases I would think.

I would love LSU to beat FL just cuz...

Think Bama will win.

Auburn and Arkansas.. a game of offenses.  A shoot out.  The team with the defense that show up will win.  I ain't touching it cuz I love both Monks.  May it be a well played game with good calls by the refs. 

Badgers vs Ohio State... interesting game... GO your team sneeking in there.  Hope they can get the W.

GA vs TN... ??

OK St plays with a chip on their shoulder and gets a shutout

Iowa goes down.  Kiwi runs Kirk F ragged on the sidelines and keeps him distracted all game. 

AZ vs WA.. I gotta pick the Huskies.

Nascar got a big game... Give em hell kid.  May you get lots of passes your way today.

Have fun all.  I have been home sick with the flu since tuesday noon... feeling better but not there yet.  Need some football to make me well I think. LOL

Good luck to all.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »

A win is a win is a win!   

With the Dez situation, our #1 running back out, and playing in College station -- I'll take it!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »

A win is a win is a win!   

With the Dez situation, our #1 running back out, and playing in College station -- I'll take it!
Yeah baby!  Tough conditions.  I forgot you were playing there... that place is scary.  Strange strange traditions.  I couldn't be a fan there.  LOL  Standing the whole game and kissing every touchdown.. Like something out of Leave it to Beaver.  LOL

You watching the TX vs CO game?     WTH is going on with TX?  Only touchdowns are special teams or defense.  Really a strange one.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #914 on: October 10, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »

A win is a win is a win!   

Yeah baby!  Tough conditions.  I forgot you were playing there... that place is scary.  Strange strange traditions.  I couldn't be a fan there.  LOL  Standing the whole game and kissing every touchdown.. Like something out of Leave it to Beaver.  LOL

You watching the TX vs CO game?     WTH is going on with TX?  Only touchdowns are special teams or defense.  Really a strange one.
Dog worshippers!!! Strange lot -- those Aggies!!!!  There was the time when the Aggie "Corps" pulled sabres on SMU cheerleaders!!! 

Check these pics out!!! (from Texas Tech fans)    :

http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies.htm

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2009, 11:15:47 PM »

Wow.  Like a really bad cult.  Jim Jones and the cool aid coladas.  Love the photos...well sorta... LOL  Can you imagine? 

Well looks like FL will get the win and we'll have to listen to more about Tim T.  I am sorry but they need to at least talk about other things.  He is great but he isn't the only player out there or the only team... an dit is sooooooooo boring.

Cuz, congrats on the win.  PDH, it wasn't your day I guess.  Team hang in there and fought hard.  No reason to hang the head.

None... havent seen a score.

GO.. you were tied up when I was watching so don't know what happened. 

Kiwi.. dang it I was cheering ya on...

Sorry if I missed anyone.. am tired and heading to bed.  Good night all.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »

PERFECT description!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: October 11, 2009, 02:44:15 AM »

Okay, I'm just funnin'! I hope there are no Aggie fans I'm offending!!! 

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: October 11, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

Down by 12 with 4 minutes left to go,Washington marched down the field and TE Kavario Middleton had a great TD catch to make the game a 33-28 Arizona lead with about 2 1/2 minutes to go!See what happend a couple plays later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfrflEdKr-o

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.