March 29, 2024, 03:51:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOOTBALL WITH FRIJOLE #2 9/01/09 - 8/14/10  (Read 256820 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: October 11, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »

Congratulations cuz! The Razorbacks played well, and we did not. Typical SEC Saturday where you never, ever know what's gonna happen!

I never for one minute thought Ole Miss would beat Bama. Ole Miss has been over-hyped from the very beginning. Jevan Sneed is no Tebow or Colt McCoy. I have never understood why he was so highly touted????
The rankings this season are so off the mark that

Florida is a beast. LSU didn't play a bad game at all. It's just that the FL defense is almost impossible to penetrate. And FL wasn't really playing with lots of intensity.

none - Didn't Steve Young have to retire from the NFL because he'd had too many concussions? You know that kind of trauma to the brain leaves some kind of permanent damage. Maybe someone can come up with better head protection. Surely it's being looked by some smart equipment manufacturer.
When my Dad played in high school, he wore a leather helmet, and someone cleated his ear....

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: October 11, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

ARRGH! I meant to say that the rankings this season are so off the mark that I am really not paying any attention to them. I think most football fans are just puzzled by the choices.

I am trying to do too many things at once, as usual....and obviously none of them very well!

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: October 11, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »

well....i have had a crazy weekend .....friday morning 80mph straight lines winds came thru here and caused a lot of havoc. my home was without power for about 36 hours and cable over 48 hours!!! plus there is a tree out front and the roots have pushed up the ground about 10 inches (thank goodness it is leaning away from the house towards the street) and there is another tree blocking it if it decides to go before we do something about it!!! lot of people around here have trees in their houses and on their cars so i feel fortunate!! an angelic monkey now to the game!
i had to work saturday(we did not lose power...i don't know how!) so i listened to the game on the radio. our defense made up so much ground last week and continued that against auburn...plus our offense played well! but dang pd.....that 3rd quarter ya ll gave me a heart attack ...i thought here we go again!. we really do have a good team but bama was way much better....now, oh goody, we get to go to Florida!!!!!
on a sad note.....our #2 receiver did not play against auburn cuz of a mild stroke!!! apparently it happened sometime last monday and not during practice....really strange? he was on the sideline at the game and as of now don't know his prognosis. then our #1 receiver went out in the 2nd quarter with a concussion!! thank goodness we have a ton of great receivers to go with mallet's great arm!
oh pd....btw....tommy tuberville gave our team locker room quotes to fire up the defense...apparently he was at the texas a&m/ark game the week before and he told some paper in alabama that auburn would win by 21 points because our defense couldn't change a tire...lol!!! i didn't say anything during the week(bad mojo and i value our friendship as well) but i had good feeling all week....none can vouch for me..i told her i thought we were going to win!!!. i'll just go on the record now...it will be a miracle if we win this weekend!!!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #923 on: October 11, 2009, 11:34:45 PM »

Congratulations cuz! The Razorbacks played well, and we did not. Typical SEC Saturday where you never, ever know what's gonna happen!

I never for one minute thought Ole Miss would beat Bama. Ole Miss has been over-hyped from the very beginning. Jevan Sneed is no Tebow or Colt McCoy. I have never understood why he was so highly touted????
The rankings this season are so off the mark that

Florida is a beast. LSU didn't play a bad game at all. It's just that the FL defense is almost impossible to penetrate. And FL wasn't really playing with lots of intensity.

none - Didn't Steve Young have to retire from the NFL because he'd had too many concussions? You know that kind of trauma to the brain leaves some kind of permanent damage. Maybe someone can come up with better head protection. Surely it's being looked by some smart equipment manufacturer.
When my Dad played in high school, he wore a leather helmet, and someone cleated his ear....

I know this is crazy! My grandfather (born in 1888) played college football for
"Epworth" - now  OCU (Oklahoma City University). He was 6'6" and played Center and Nose Guard! He was a "freak" back in  his day (early 1900's). He went on to be the Enid, OK HS Football coach > Principal > Superintendent of Enid schools. Great man!! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: October 12, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »

I have lots of relatives in Oklahoma. My Dad grew up in Texas, but some of his family lived in the OK. City area.  I have a real soft spot for OK., and for their football teams!

Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #925 on: October 13, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »

Razorbacks prevailed. I was hoping for AU just out of record position, an undefeated season would have been nice. Still it was nice seeing Ryan have a great game for Ark. Sorry Pdh but you were not alone, Michigan came close on that last drive with the other freshman QB.
GO- How did the Badgers do?
None -Was it close? I seem to remember the scoreboard having it as a loss unfortunately. Was NASCAR playing?
KTF- So what happened I'm using my blackberry?
Wreck -Well your just tearing them up. Keep moving up!
Bean -Thanks for the email. How would I purchase that poster for a Oral Surgeon Nebraska alum friend? He would probably put it up in his office!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: October 13, 2009, 09:26:20 PM »

I know this is crazy! My grandfather (born in 1888) played college football for
"Epworth" - now  OCU (Oklahoma City University). He was 6'6" and played Center and Nose Guard! He was a "freak" back in  his day (early 1900's). He went on to be the Enid, OK HS Football coach > Principal > Superintendent of Enid schools. Great man!! 
Wreck that is really cool... Game has changed alot since then.  ha.  That is one tall grandpa!  Thanks for sharing.  Sounds like he was a great man too.  Moving up in the polls again.  Who you play this week? 

We play THE PIRATE!   LOL.  Glad it is at home.  He is so unpredictable.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: October 13, 2009, 11:47:08 PM »

Razorbacks prevailed. I was hoping for AU just out of record position, an undefeated season would have been nice. Still it was nice seeing Ryan have a great game for Ark. Sorry Pdh but you were not alone, Michigan came close on that last drive with the other freshman QB.
GO- How did the Badgers do?
None -Was it close? I seem to remember the scoreboard having it as a loss unfortunately. Was NASCAR playing?
KTF- So what happened I'm using my blackberry?
Wreck -Well your just tearing them up. Keep moving up!
Bean -Thanks for the email. How would I purchase that poster for a Oral Surgeon Nebraska alum friend? He would probably put it up in his office!

Hey thanks Kiwi! Losing some games is just part of building a championship team.  We are still reshaping our team's personality, and there will be some bumps in the road. Most of the AU family is taking it pretty well.
I guess we'll see what happens on down the road, but I'll be happy if we get back into a bowl game this year.
Sorry about MI. I really like that Forcier kid. He's gonna be so much fun to watch for the next few years. I hope RR will stick with him.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #928 on: October 14, 2009, 09:18:31 AM »

We have Missouri for Homecoming this weekend! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: October 14, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »

Well we beat them up pretty good for you.  They will NOT have all their players playing.  LOL  And if Gabbert (QB) is still limping you can thank us for that too.    Go get em.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: October 14, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »

Well we beat them up pretty good for you.  They will NOT have all their players playing.  LOL  And if Gabbert (QB) is still limping you can thank us for that too.    Go get em.
Thanks!! We need all the help we can get!!!!  Monkey Devil!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: October 14, 2009, 10:52:33 PM »

The Cowboys should be able to handle Mizzou. I hope that game is televised here.

AU plays Kentucky. Who knows what will happen? The Wildcats are unpredictable...they run hot and cold. I hope we play well this weekend!

WDE!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: October 15, 2009, 06:58:54 AM »

The Cowboys should be able to handle Mizzou. I hope that game is televised here.

AU plays Kentucky. Who knows what will happen? The Wildcats are unpredictable...they run hot and cold. I hope we play well this weekend!

WDE!!!

No Mojo sister... just a good luck!  WDE
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »

GO you have a huge game this week.  Time to take Iowa out.  You can do it. 

I'm not going to call the USC vs ND game because I don't want to put a mojo on USC.      ::MonkeyHaHa::Gotta cheer for whoever ND is playing regardless. 

OK vs TX.. both teams seem down this year to me.  Understand OK w/Bradford being out but TX just doesn't seem as tough.  Not sure what it is.

Arkansas vs FL... no mojo here.  Oink.

Some good games.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: October 15, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

hehe......e tu frijole? better watch that oinking the swine flu may revisit ...lol!!!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #935 on: October 15, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »

GO you have a huge game this week.  Time to take Iowa out.  You can do it. 

I'm not going to call the USC vs ND game because I don't want to put a mojo on USC.      ::MonkeyHaHa::Gotta cheer for whoever ND is playing regardless. 

OK vs TX.. both teams seem down this year to me.  Understand OK w/Bradford being out but TX just doesn't seem as tough.  Not sure what it is.

Arkansas vs FL... no mojo here.  Oink.

Some good games.
I'm still a MichiGator fan overall but hey I've been rooting for Arkansas quietly all season. So if Florida loses one oh well Oink. I think I have too many teams going this year. Mich, Nebraska, Auburn , Arkansas, Florida, Wisconsin, East Something , OSU, Washington, Tenn and Texas. Sometimes LSU, Alabama and ASU. So who have I left out?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: October 15, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

hehe......e tu frijole? better watch that oinking the swine flu may revisit ...lol!!!
heh sistah.  i am still hacking from the swine flu.  the upper resp will NOT go away.  exhausting.  oink.  hugs.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: October 15, 2009, 11:14:33 PM »

Sorry cuz...but Go Gators! I do love that Tebow kid. I hope he gets his perfect season.

I have to put the mojo on ND. I want USC to lose ALWAYS!  I'm just not sure ND can do it this year.

WDE!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: October 16, 2009, 06:59:49 AM »

Sorry cuz...but Go Gators! I do love that Tebow kid. I hope he gets his perfect season.

I have to put the mojo on ND. I want USC to lose ALWAYS!  I'm just not sure ND can do it this year.

WDE!
too funny.. hard to cheer for either for me but i cheer for whoever ND plays.  go usc. ha.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: October 16, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »

thanks kiwi.....i do appreciate it!! you and bean can oink all you want....i love it! who could not love tebow.....i know nobody is perfect but jesus...but he is pretty close!
i am just hoping for a good game!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.