April 25, 2024, 04:58:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 323837 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1060 on: January 04, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »

Hi,

I personally don't believe that Casey has Dissociative Identity Disorder (MPD-Multiple Personality Disorder). While there is a spectrum ranging from low to high on the symptom chart, from what I've seen on TV and read about her personality, she doesn't have the classical symptoms. These symptoms are caused in early childhood stemming from abuse, physical or sexual. I've treated people with this disorder and the main commonality they have is 'missing time' caused from early childhood abuse. Casey is a predator. A true DID is split off from the actual (real) personality and it can take the form of an inanimate object or another person with a brand new persona in order to survive the trauma at hand. When there is a trigger, stress related typically, the personalities come out to protect the true persona. Casey feeds off of people in her circle with intent and for her own satisfaction. Typically to be diagnosed with DID, you have to have two apparent personalities, missing time and conflicting attitudes and beliefs surrounding those personalities.

With Casey, she is blank, emotionless, lacking empathy or concern. I do believe it would be very hard for Baez to try to get her off on this particular disorder. You almost need to prove the abuse was prevalent in order to make a good case, which means you have to accuse someone in your family. But nothing has led me to the diagnosis that she is a DID because in all of her text messages, IM's, emails, other communications, she is the same person. She didn't act differently with Amy, Jesse or with Tony. She signed her name as Casey Anthony on Amy's checks. You have a month long call log in the month of June-July to her parents telling them Caylee was here or there, not causing anyone to say, Hey, you don't sound like yourself, what's wrong? And she would be forgetful in the event another personality came out and took over during one of these calls. This doesn't look to be the case.

There are a few other issues with claiming DID. There are many in the psychological field who do not believe this disorder exists and even more in the general population who discount it. People who have this disorder typically hurt themselves (cutting) vs. hurting other people. There are not that many documented cases of the disorder. It would be hard to convince a jury that she had it. 

A few people have tried to use this as a defense without success. If they use the 'Insanity' excuse, then she would have to admit guilt. I don't see her doing that to herself. She loves herself too much for that.

Thank you for posting this, luckycharmsprincess.  Very well written and makes it easier for everyone to understanding. 

I'd like to ask you something.  Do you think that Casey might be a malignant narcissist?  Have been pondering that. 

I think Casey is malignant period.  She is a cancer on everything good and precious.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1061 on: January 04, 2009, 12:04:57 AM »

Hello Monkey friends, today has been a really bad day.....My daughters best friend Macy's father passed away this morning and she is only 15 and has lived with him all her life, her mother has 4 other children and doesnt have custody of Macy her Dad has always had her and now, Im not sure whats gonna happen with her......Would everyone please say a prayer for this young girl  who is going through a terrible time !   Thank You!

I'm so sorry HH, I will pray for her and her family. Give her a hug from us!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1062 on: January 04, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »

But you know what, didnt Casey admit to the detectives that she left Caylee on the steps of the apartment alone????  Who does that?  That alone should warrent prison time for a child who was found dead.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1063 on: January 04, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »

This was hard to scan as the Globe pages are not 8 1/2 x 11...the article is on two sheets, which I broke into four..I think was best this way. Same as last night, I can't get them large enough on photobucket..maybe Klaas can thake them and make it work.

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1064 on: January 04, 2009, 12:06:31 AM »

ohhhhhhhhhh Sea Searcher!!!!

Ohhh Spark, you're in trouble now!!!

RIP Sweet Puppy
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1065 on: January 04, 2009, 12:07:11 AM »

But you know what, didnt Casey admit to the detectives that she left Caylee on the steps of the apartment alone????  Who does that?  That alone should warrent prison time for a child who was found dead.

I missed the alone part.  I thought she handed her off to Zanny in the stairwell.

I believe in miracles!
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1066 on: January 04, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »

She never said alone, she said Zanie was there to greet her like always. She stated she didn't go up into the apartment. That's how she got around the Didn't you know that apartment has been vacant for 5 months thing the LE told her.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: January 04, 2009, 12:08:17 AM »

Muffy~ I found it, it was Nick Savage:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/17/ng.01.html

GRACE: So back to you, Leonard Padilla, when are you set for your polygraph everybody is talking about?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, SEARCHING FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY: Well, Friday, I spoke to the agent there, Nick Savage, and he said that his polygrapher was on vacation or something this week.

GRACE: Well, there`s more than one, FYI.

PADILLA: Well, no -- I don`t know. I mean he told me that the guy that does the -- the polygraph test there was gone and would be back either Tuesday or Wednesday. And I hinted that maybe he wants to cover my expenses while I stayed past the weekend. And then he said no, well, we can go out to California, and do them out there.

And the thought came to my mind that I`d call Don King and maybe have the polygraph test done on pay-per-view and make some money to go back and resume the hunt.

Thank you - I do remember this one!  But didn't he come back to Florida after Caylee was found?  He could have taken it then......wonder why no one mentions this???  I would think someone on NG, at least would!!

I would have certainly thought it would have been brought up by now, surely someone will ask~but then again it's already such a *fiasco*

If LE cared about the polygraph, they'd have made him do it by now. Probably the reasons they wanted it are no longer relevant or something. Or maybe they never asked him to take a polygraph and he just lied about that to get attention. Who knows? What difference does it make? Is the polygraph going to reveal how Casey killed Caylee or where the body really was all this time?

I can't think that anything they could ask him now, would matter to the case at all. They have the body. Nothing LP knows is really worth a polygraph at this point.

Maybe the whole polygraph thing is something LP made up to get attention. Who knows?
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1068 on: January 04, 2009, 12:09:07 AM »

She never said alone, she said Zanie was there to greet her like always. She stated she didn't go up into the apartment. That's how she got around the Didn't you know that apartment has been vacant for 5 months thing the LE told her.
Oh ok, I need to go back and read that part because that scared me..

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1069 on: January 04, 2009, 12:10:25 AM »

The new enquirer and the new globe came out today and there was something in it that I had already heard, it said that Caylee's body was wrapped in her little blanket off her bed when it was found and that the cops took her pillow from the A's house to match it up with the same material, also it said that her swimsuit was in the bag to,

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1070 on: January 04, 2009, 12:11:39 AM »

sorry...I'm new to this...let me try again before Bearly strains her back trying to read..

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »

She did say she left her on the stairs, after they came back and told her the apt was vacant. It's almost as if she thought they'd believe her that she left her there at a vacant apt if she said "oh but I left her on the stairs" as if she didn't know it was vacant because she always left her on the stairs I know what I said probably doesn't make sense, but neither did most of what KC said. It's like it doesn't even dawn on her that most people don't even believe the BS she says, she doesn't have a clue that people know she makes no sense at all!!!

RIP Sweet Puppy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1072 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:05 AM »

REMINDER - PLEASE TRY AND STAY ON TOPIC
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »

It's a trick to distract her.  I can't compete with that pretty kitty. 

now that you're back in your mini and pretty wings (hmmm..the possibilities are endless) don't give those pretty kittys a second thought 

you haven't seen any bears around lately have you ?

the way to a mans heart is through his stomach....ssssssooooooo......
what's for breakfast ?  
I am so telling Bearly

Thanks, A1!

Anyone know CPR?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1074 on: January 04, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »

Thanks trimm! 

I just didn't want to appear insensitive to you Wyks.  I would be more than happy to hear anything mor e you have to say on this, considering all you know about the subject.  If you don't mind.  Have you seen or experienced incidents where the person who may have this changes their appearance when they have this??  I had a friend who was diagnosed and her appearance would change quite a bit when she would seem "different".  I am really curious about this.

Oh you weren't insensitive akmom, not to worry, k? 

Yes, an incident where a person with MPD/DID changes (in the sense of expression, posture, voice change, vocabulary, face becoming softer, taking on perhaps a more childlike resemblance, etc), is known as a 'switch'.  There are other signs of this, some happen very quickly, some take a bit longer, some are subtle, while some are very obvious.  A switch is when one personality takes over for another pesonality, often happening in an emotional moment when the main persona finds it difficult to handle or express that emotion.  It really can be very amazing sitting and talking with a person who has MPD/DID and see a switch happen right in front of you.  It's also hard to fully explain. 

I've watched videos of Casey carefully in different emotional moments, and have seen nothing to indicate a switch happening.  Not when she sees George and begins crying, not when she was angry in the courtroom, not when she was happily dancing in the club.  Even if her hair was up or down, makeup on or off, smiling or smirking, dressed in reg. clothes or a flag, she still shows to be the same Casey. 

IMO 

Thanks so much for this information, Wyks.  It is a fascinating subject, but probably not so much for someone who has actually experienced it.  I appreciate your insight.  I would really like to be in the same room with her just for a few minutes.  I'd like to get a first hand impression of her.  Of course, I'd like to see her looking like Hannibal Lector, all trussed up wouldn't trust her any farther than I could throw her.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1075 on: January 04, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »

The new enquirer and the new globe came out today and there was something in it that I had already heard, it said that Caylee's body was wrapped in her little blanket off her bed when it was found and that the cops took her pillow from the A's house to match it up with the same material, also it said that her swimsuit was in the bag to,
That is so creepy to me because I said at the very beginning, she would be found wrapped in a blanket with toys in an area that looked like Alice in Wonderland.

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:34 AM »

one more time...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1077 on: January 04, 2009, 12:16:33 AM »

Go here for Sea's scan from yesterday.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4342.msg610346#msg610346

I believe in miracles!
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1078 on: January 04, 2009, 12:16:45 AM »

Anthony also said he misses his daughter Casey as well.  He would like be able to visit Casey in jail, even if it’s just to say hello and hear her voice and see how she is doing.

What is keeping him from going to see Casey?  IMO, it's that he can't stand to see the face of his daughter knowing she killed his granddaughter.  If it were me and I knew she was innocent, you couldn't keep me away!

There is also the fact that she doesn't want to see them and doesn't accept visitors anymore.
But is this because Baez told her not to accept visitors because none of the A's can keep their mouths shut and might be taped saying something incriminating?

No, it's because she doesn't want to see them. She never did want to see them. She told Lee and Cindy both, before the visits started, not to bother coming to see her. She accepted a few visits probably because she wanted something from them, and was hoping Lee might move Caylee for her. But when that went nowhere, and all they did really was pump her for information, she stopped accepting their visits.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1079 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »

Night JSM.  I think we are all just doing the same thing here.  Just trying to figure out stuff that makes no sense.  I think we are all trying to be advocates for the victims and all feel the same frustrations that this happens over and over again in this world and we are helpless, in the most part, to stop it.
Thanks AKmom. I just sometimes don't know what to do for victims. I had a friend who was pregnant at the time murdered. Her baby was born alive then sadly passed away. I think of her daily. Back then there was no internet, SM, or anything to help her family and friends. I am so glad and thank God for Red, Klaas, Muffy and all here that give murdered victims a voice. And I know he is never around anymore, but I thank Rob for his kind words when I first started posting. He is an angel. Too bad he is never around anymore.

JSM ~  (((hugs)))  I'm sorry for your friend and her baby.  That is so sad. 
Rob has posted a few times this week in the Natalee Holloway thread, btw. 
Thanks Muffy. My friend was a beautiful person. I'm glad to know Rob is still around. I really do like him. He is very nice.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.