April 18, 2024, 11:37:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 323404 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »

I'm sure you can be like a pitbull Muffybee, but looking at your BeeBaby and reading a chastising in the post is a bit like being stoned with popcorn!!   

I may not have the BIG RED BUTTON in my possession, but I am in close contact with the one who does.  So, I'm not too worried...Klaas takes care of things around here.

Muffy~I was considering banning myself I was so *frustrated*, but boo promised she'd share the painpills from MoM earlier, so I feel better now. thanks

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:37 AM »

I'm sure you can be like a pitbull Muffybee, but looking at your BeeBaby and reading a chastising in the post is a bit like being stoned with popcorn!!   

I may not have the BIG RED BUTTON in my possession, but I am in close contact with the one who does.  So, I'm not too worried...Klaas takes care of things around here.

Muffy~I was considering banning myself I was so *frustrated*, but boo promised she'd share the painpills from MoM earlier, so I feel better now. thanks

Boo ~  Did you bring enough to share with everyone (said in teacher - voice)  ?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »

And I always keep my promises!!    We are going to have a KC is found guilty on all charges party on the beach!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Pin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »

My first post.........

I have the utmost respect for TM and his organization.

Oh.....and I love my Dyson.  The BEST vacuum, ever!

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »

Perhaps Casey did say something incriminating to a visitor.  We won't know until the trial.  Perhaps the opposite is true--maybe a family member said something that incriminated him or her.  That might be more likely.

Wow Az you can think clearly tonight, I'm impressed! 
(bowing) Thank you, my dear Boo.  Sometimes I even surprise myself.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2009, 12:01:16 AM »

even though I've been accused...falsely I might add..of cheating by the second in command, I shall kick the dirt off my boots and move forward 

I was waiting for the new thread (since it was a little *cough* tense in there) to let my monkey friends know that I took the bold step tonight and jumped into my car, drove across the state line (so as not to be recognized) found a convenience store and purchased the new edition of the Globe...
I asked the nice lady (very nice lady  ) behind the counter if she would kindly put it in a paper bag for me, and I snuck it out of the store under my jacket.. 

now..

as soon as my wife goes to bed..i shall read it, and let you know what it says..

Second in command?  Who is second after me?   

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat

That is one fertile cat!!!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2009, 12:01:50 AM »

Most murder prosecution cases rely heavily on circumstantial evidence.  Few murderers commit their crimes in broad daylight in front of dozens of witnesses and leave the smoking gun in plain view.  To the contrary, murderers usually choose the dark of night or a very private place in which to do the crime and they try to cover up afterward to leave no direct evidence at all.  Many murderers are convicted on mainly circumstantial evidence.  Sometimes murderers are convicted without a body being found and sometimes without the means in which the murder was committed being known.  Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering Laci and their unborn child, but nobody knows for sure how he killed her.  Anne Marie Fahey's killer was convicted without her body ever being found.  Boo, that was a very good post about what circumstantial evidence is and why it is so important.  Now we need a good post about hearsay.  I think some people, including me, often misunderstand what constitutes hearsay evidence.
wendiw8780
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »

Does anyone remember the meter reader giving LE the GPS position on one of his calls?

If so, perhaps they can prove that the things he spotted then didn't move.

I don't remember a GPS position given, but he did have a time conveying the street names on one call!  From what the meter reader said, it didn't sound like he spotted the bag with Caylee's bones in it.  He said he saw a white board and something round underneath it.  My impression was that he was not very specific as to what he saw, just that he felt it "didn't belong there."
yes, i think it was the 2nd call the dispach couldn't figure out where he was & he used his gps, BUT the dispach did say they would send someone out to look at the white bag. i listened to the calls several times & am pretty sure But i have been wrong before & will again.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »

And I always keep my promises!!    We are going to have a KC is found guilty on all charges party on the beach!!

Alllllright !  Par-tay!  I hope KC is found guilty on all charges!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:33 AM »

Boo ~  Did you bring enough to share with everyone (said in teacher - voice)  ?   

Absolutely!!  I know better than to come short handed!!! During this trial we will all need a "Mommy's little helper"

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »

From what I understand, the media and public can request access to public records under the Sunshine Law.  The trick is in defining what is a public record.  When a case is under investigation, the information uncovered during an ongoing investigation is not considered public record.  In fact, much information in an ongoing case will be considered "ongoing" right up to the day of trial. 

Thanks, AZ.  Good to see you!

Bearly, the media and the government have sort of a co-dependent relationship.  The media is the "watchdog" keeping the government honest and open, while the government knows they need the media to report on their activities honestly and openly.  All the while, the media searches for the "breaking news" and "big story" to sell advertising, and the government attempts to do their job openly without violating privacy and other laws.  Interesting relationship there.

Sounds like sleeping with a diva if you ask me.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »

This may sound like a dumb question, but Im wondering where they will pick the jury from.  Will they be from Florida?  I just about think every person in USA has heard of this case, and hates caseys guts. 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2009, 12:03:47 AM »

Perhaps Casey did say something incriminating to a visitor.  We won't know until the trial.  Perhaps the opposite is true--maybe a family member said something that incriminated him or her.  That might be more likely.

Wow Az you can think clearly tonight, I'm impressed! 

She is one smart cookie - when we hide the bottle!! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:01 AM »

My first post.........

Hi Pin and glad you could join us!

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »

My first post.........

WELCOME PIN!!!  Have you been told about the Kahlua rule?? Come sit next to me!! Have you been in any accidents lately? How ya feeling?? What is your feelings on LP?..... NO! Don't answer that one!!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:56 AM »

Sounds good me~ I was out around 8om tonight running the St. Bernard on the beach (shhhh-it's illegal to have dogs on the beach, so we sneak out at dark). I worry if they do move the trial to Escambia county that I may very well lose my job, but I could probably rent out rooms to watch the execution trial

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:16 AM »

Some were mentioning the Sugar Bowl earlier.  My husband went to Bama but Bama got creamed tonight.  Utah really deserved that win.  We are unhappy, but Utah fans have every reason to celebrate.  And since this is the Caylee forum, we understand that it is just a game, and not nearly as important in the grand scheme of things as a life, but it still hurts.  Saban was cussing like a sailor on the sidelines.  So, congrats to Utah fans, and Bama fans...there is always next year.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »

Ah, yes.  Both the media and the government act like divas at times.  I agree.  However, I think they have come to an understood truce with the Sunshine Laws.  As long as government feeds media enough material for them to do their jobs, then the media allows the government to go about its business.  The LE and the media in Florida seem to have figured this out pretty well.

BRING NATALEE HOME
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:45 AM »

Does anyone remember the meter reader giving LE the GPS position on one of his calls?

If so, perhaps they can prove that the things he spotted then didn't move.

I don't remember a GPS position given, but he did have a time conveying the street names on one call!  From what the meter reader said, it didn't sound like he spotted the bag with Caylee's bones in it.  He said he saw a white board and something round underneath it.  My impression was that he was not very specific as to what he saw, just that he felt it "didn't belong there."

Did you get the impression that those calls were edited?  It was like they were having a continued conversation but parts were missing?

And IIRC he couldn't tell them the streets...but he said "let me go get my GPS"  (paraphrasing).
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »

My first post.........

welcome pin, glad you dropped in....pin drop get it 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.