April 26, 2024, 12:07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, Missing 6/16/08 Orlando FL (Remains Found) #85  (Read 323959 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?

I doubt it as they could argue specualtion (although we know that beyond a shadow of any doubt)........however an excited utterance gets you around the heresay rules.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »

My first post.........

I have the utmost respect for TM and his organization.

Oh.....and I love my Dyson.  The BEST vacuum, ever!

Because um, I don't know hot to tell you, but Padilla had a little accident with a dyson and he is no more.

OK I am confused, which is a fairly common state of mind for me?  Where does the Dyson vaccuum fit in?  And why can't we talk about LP anymore!!

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2009, 12:26:56 AM »

My first post.........

Hi Pin!  Welcome to the cage!!!

(Hope you see this, I feel like SS now).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2009, 12:26:57 AM »

My first post.........

Because um, I don't know hot to tell you, but Padilla had a little accident with a dyson and he is no more.

OK I am confused, which is a fairly common state of mind for me?  Where does the Dyson vaccuum fit in?  And why can't we talk about LP anymore!!

Note to self:  Scroll down, scroll down!!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

Hi ya' Spark 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:04 AM »

even though I've been accused...falsely I might add..of cheating by the second in command, I shall kick the dirt off my boots and move forward 

I was waiting for the new thread (since it was a little *cough* tense in there) to let my monkey friends know that I took the bold step tonight and jumped into my car, drove across the state line (so as not to be recognized) found a convenience store and purchased the new edition of the Globe...
I asked the nice lady (very nice lady  ) behind the counter if she would kindly put it in a paper bag for me, and I snuck it out of the store under my jacket.. 

now..

as soon as my wife goes to bed..i shall read it, and let you know what it says..

Second in command?  Who is second after me?   

I don't know how many will be here, but I'm scanning it and will try to post...if everyone is gone by then, at least it will give Lucinda something to read while she waits for us to wake up in the morning 

Thanks SS cant wait 

Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:07 AM »

I agree, AZLady.  I think the Anthonys have gone into protection mode now.  And they probably are grieving, too.  It took long enough for reality to penetrate, but now it must be unbearable.  The whole truth is going to be even worse, if it is ever found out.

Now, back to hearsay---I think that Amy can testify that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath.  But Tony cannot testify that Amy told him that Cindy told her that Casey was a sociopath.  Right?  Or wrong?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:21 AM »

It seems secondhand information, which may be hearsay, could play a role in this investigation.  Thank the Lord for taped conversations.  I have read some things about hearsay and it is still confusing.  For instance, will Amy be able to say that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath?

I doubt it as they could argue specualtion (although we know that beyond a shadow of any doubt)........however an excited utterance gets you around the heresay rules.

Isn't there a difference between beyond shadow of doubt vs beyond reasonable doubt?
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »

As for evidence, even eyewitnesses do not always agree on what they saw, and sometimes they are completely wrong!  That just amazes me.  Three people can see a traffic accident, for example, and give three different descriptions of what happened.  I suppose that's why our system says that direct evidence and circumstantial are important, and it is the entire Body of Evidence that the jury should consider.

I bet that most of the cases that have been overturned have been because of eye witnesses and because of DNA people are able to be exonerated.  IMO circumstantial and forensics are much better.  They don't lie or forget or get confused.

Whenever anyone says...Where are they going to pick a jury from...I always think about OJ.  EVERYONE heard about his case and KNEW him and had an opinion.  They don't qualify a juror because they didn't hear about the case.  It depends if they honestly say if they can set aside any conclusions they have and judge it honestly based on the evidence.

When Baez says he can't get a fair jury blah blah blah.  It only makes me think that he is setting us up for a plea deal and for him to save face when that happens.
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:52 AM »

Hi ya' Spark 

Hiya Muffy you are sooooo cute with that balloon . . . good thing we closed the last cage cause there was so much hot air you might be taking off by now!

BTW, my new nickname for you:  Buffy the Off Topic Slayer.

Hee hee.

Sorry, got up late and drank too much coffee!!!

Karen

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »

I agree, AZLady.  I think the Anthonys have gone into protection mode now.  And they probably are grieving, too.  It took long enough for reality to penetrate, but now it must be unbearable.  The whole truth is going to be even worse, if it is ever found out.

Now, back to hearsay---I think that Amy can testify that Cindy told her Casey was a sociopath.  But Tony cannot testify that Amy told him that Cindy told her that Casey was a sociopath.  Right?  Or wrong?

I believe your right Hudsuun...
Hudsunn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »

You guys are reminding me of a joke Conan O'Brien told not long ago.

"Did you hear about the guy who worked for a cleaning agency?  He got fired for having sex with a vacuum cleaner.  When asked why he did it, he said 'I felt sorry for the old bag.'"
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

Muffy - may I please ask one question about LP and the lie detector test? 
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:58 AM »

This may sound like a dumb question, but Im wondering where they will pick the jury from.  Will they be from Florida?  I just about think every person in USA has heard of this case, and hates caseys guts. 

Actually, I've talked to a number of people in the US that haven't heard of this case.  The ones that  have said things like, "oh, you mean the mother that partied like crazy after her daughter died".  Or "those poor grandparents..." But often times, the people I've talked to don't know about the case.  Casey's lawyers will probably try to use the excessive publicity as a point to say Casey can't get a fair trial, or try to move the trial elsewhere.  And by the way, there are no dumb questions.   
Because the crime was committed in Florida, it will be tried in Florida.  The jury will be residents of the state of Florida.  Baez may request a change of venue from Orange County to another area of Florida, but he has not done so yet.  I wondered why, but I figure he's probably waiting until the first of March and will make his request then.  Most likely both sides are now presenting their cases to mock juries to create a profile of the jurors they would like to choose.

AZLady thanks for that.  Its the same as here in Australia then. 

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:23 AM »

I think the more credible testimony comes from the original source.  Anyone can testify that someone told them something, but I doubt it would be entered into the court record unless the fact that the two people were talking together was trying to be established.  The content of the second-source conversation is hearsay.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »

even though I've been accused...falsely I might add..of cheating by the second in command, I shall kick the dirt off my boots and move forward 

I was waiting for the new thread (since it was a little *cough* tense in there) to let my monkey friends know that I took the bold step tonight and jumped into my car, drove across the state line (so as not to be recognized) found a convenience store and purchased the new edition of the Globe...
I asked the nice lady (very nice lady  ) behind the counter if she would kindly put it in a paper bag for me, and I snuck it out of the store under my jacket.. 

now..

as soon as my wife goes to bed..i shall read it, and let you know what it says..

Second in command?  Who is second after me?   

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat

That is one fertile cat!!!   

wasn't me..wasn't me... I is innocent...until proven otherwise 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:45 AM »

Correct! What Cindy said to Amy was direct, Tony repeating it is 3rd party. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »

No one answered my question from earlier:  Hence I will repeat it.   Animals are not interested in dry bones, but Caylee's bones were scattered.  Does this mean that she couldnt have been in the trunk of the car for 11 days and therefore her body would have been more or less intact??????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: January 03, 2009, 12:31:57 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

mytime~ don't bait me.  Of course you can.  What I don't want is what I saw toward the end of the last thread. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #199 on: January 03, 2009, 12:32:31 AM »

Thank You Sparky!!

Ummm, you know I have a Black Belt in Sarcasm and that I wasn't serious, right?  Go to the last "cage" and check out the last few pages, we were getting into it about the usual stuff.  Glad we moved on.  Before you go back, take some aspirin.  Or don't go at all!

Make sure you leave a trail of m & m's so you can find your way back here . . .

Karen

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.